PDA

View Full Version : Do you use Habbox Forum or any other vBulletin forum with Chrome?

HotelUser
22-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Don't you just hate that there's no WYSIWYG (interactive) editor for Chrome on vBulletin forums?

I just found this (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/djajencflkkjdejpmmielapebmcjogoc?hl=en-GB#) plugin that adds the feature to it tonight - thought I'd share incase anyone else was annoyed by this lack of feature :P

Agnostic Bear
22-06-2011, 04:16 AM
A better way to fix this would be to have a forum created by developers who aren't morons.

HotelUser
22-06-2011, 05:22 AM
A better way to fix this would be to have a forum created by developers who aren't morons.

To tell you the truth I am not thoroughly impressed with XenForo, vBulletin, IPB or even PhpBB3 in terms of dynamic capabilities with JavaScript (though bare in mind I've only really used vBulletin in depth).

I think all could do a lot better at creating a user interface that actually feels like a modern web app, instead of just a cluster of server side generated hardly user interactive pages.

However for Habbox Forum like many other forums, vBulletin gets us from point A to point B decently enough without considering switching over to something different just yet. The lack of WYSIWYG editor support for Chrome is inexcusable though, which is why I quite like this particular Chrome plugin.

N!ck
22-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I hate the WYSIWYG editor. Plane old BB code is much better.

xxMATTGxx
22-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I hate the WYSIWYG editor. Plane old BB code is much better.

Same to be honest, I have no need for the other editors and don't mind using good old BB code.

Mr-Trainor
22-06-2011, 09:31 AM
When I first started using Chrome, I didn't like this either. However, I've got used to it :P.

Chippiewill
22-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Don't you just hate that there's no WYSIWYG (interactive) editor for Chrome on vBulletin forums?

I just found this (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/djajencflkkjdejpmmielapebmcjogoc?hl=en-GB#) plugin that adds the feature to it tonight - thought I'd share incase anyone else was annoyed by this lack of feature :P
Someone told me it was going to be added in vb4.1 :(

I've gotten over it now though, I used IE on the forums the other day and couldn't stand the editor.

---------- Post added 22-06-2011 at 01:22 PM ----------

Someone told me it was going to be added in vb4.1 :(

I've gotten over it now though, I used IE on the forums the other day and couldn't stand the editor.

Alkaz
22-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I just installed it but I'll probably end up getting rid of it.

GommeInc
22-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Urgh, if they're anything like I can imagine (press CTRL + B and you see bold text) I'd be put off. I don't know why but I hate seeing what I am writing when on the internet using forums. Word and any program then fine, but for Habbox I'd be put off, especially if it has a mind of its own and using double line spacing or uses the <P> html tags for no reason :S

Recursion
22-06-2011, 03:53 PM
To tell you the truth I am not thoroughly impressed with XenForo, vBulletin, IPB or even PhpBB3 in terms of dynamic capabilities with JavaScript (though bare in mind I've only really used vBulletin in depth).

I think all could do a lot better at creating a user interface that actually feels like a modern web app, instead of just a cluster of server side generated hardly user interactive pages.

However for Habbox Forum like many other forums, vBulletin gets us from point A to point B decently enough without considering switching over to something different just yet. The lack of WYSIWYG editor support for Chrome is inexcusable though, which is why I quite like this particular Chrome plugin.

IPB provides the best all round experience, for Administrators, Moderators and users. You should try out the latest version some time.

Sharon
22-06-2011, 03:56 PM
i love WYSIWYG but i use firefox so idm

GommeInc
22-06-2011, 04:03 PM
IPB provides the best all round experience, for Administrators, Moderators and users. You should try out the latest version some time.
Agreed. Most vBulletin features have been on IPB for years anyway - the only thing they added recently that was on vB first was the rep system, I think? Everything else is years ahead of vBulletin. Nice sig by the way ;)

peteyt
22-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I tried vBulletin a while back and found it confusing.

I use PHPbb3 and find it okay, and importantly it is free. Why pay for a forum like vB when many free forums have the features of it and more.

HotelUser
22-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Agreed. Most vBulletin features have been on IPB for years anyway - the only thing they added recently that was on vB first was the rep system, I think? Everything else is years ahead of vBulletin. Nice sig by the way ;)
I've never used the admin interface on IPB. I do like that vBulletin's is extremely easy to create plugins for (the template editor is messy, cluttered and wasteful though).

If IPB has a nice mod and admin interface I'd say as far as the default template goes, it seems much nicer than vBulletin, Xen and my and php BB.

Recursion
22-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I've never used the admin interface on IPB. I do like that vBulletin's is extremely easy to create plugins for (the template editor is messy, cluttered and wasteful though).

If IPB has a nice mod and admin interface I'd say as far as the default template goes, it seems much nicer than vBulletin, Xen and my and php BB.

The admin interface is beautiful, last time I tried it it was far more clean/modern/up to date than vB

HotelUser
22-06-2011, 10:17 PM
The admin interface is beautiful, last time I tried it it was far more clean/modern/up to date than vB

I'll have to take a dig around it later Apply boy :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!