PDA

View Full Version : Talk about removing free trade

Richie
22-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey,
There has been talk about the free trade being removed again. If it did happen would you be furious or would it not be a huge change for you? I hate how users blame Jagex for removing the wild like it's all their fault. If people didn't bot and ruin the ******* game they wouldn't have to.

My opinion on botting has changed allot recently, I used to have the attitude "who cares its only a game let them bot" when you think about it though it really is pointless. People get a kick out of pking but at the end of the day the aim of the game is to train your skills.

Some things would be annoying for me such as pking and lending my ags for cash every so often but i'd actually prefer if they put a cap on it again. I miss when everything felt like an achievement, I got 99 magic but didn't feel that achieved even though I put hours into that and mainly because people aren't really that bothered any more, people just bot stuff like magic.

How annoyed would you be if they put a cap on it again?

Inseriousity.
22-06-2011, 01:11 PM
id be very annoyed. i found the old system insulting. the max profit i could get out of someone as an f2p is 10k.. and thats only if the max profit the other person got was also 10k or it'd have to be less. its silly! luckily, not being much of a trader, it didnt effect me as much but when i did trade, it used to annoy me.

yes there are bots but the majority are legitimate players and it would be a shame to ruin their gameplay to tackle a minority. in other words, jagex should start proving they have the power to tackle these bots.

IceNineKills
22-06-2011, 01:20 PM
i would be happy. money is too easy to obtain these days.

Richie
22-06-2011, 01:59 PM
id be very annoyed. i found the old system insulting. the max profit i could get out of someone as an f2p is 10k.. and thats only if the max profit the other person got was also 10k or it'd have to be less. its silly! luckily, not being much of a trader, it didnt effect me as much but when i did trade, it used to annoy me.

yes there are bots but the majority are legitimate players and it would be a shame to ruin their gameplay to tackle a minority. in other words, jagex should start proving they have the power to tackle these bots.

I reckon 75% of the game bot / real world trade

Kyle
22-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Bots aren't ruining the game at all, if anything they're making it easier for the legit players by lowering the price of every single resource. If you play legit then I don't really understand how bots are going to prevent you from doing so? It's not all about money you know! Besides, most of you guys buy your rs cash anyways lol.

I could care less either way as trading isn't really a huge part of my playing style.

Richie
22-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Bots aren't ruining the game at all, if anything they're making it easier for the legit players by lowering the price of every single resource. If you play legit then I don't really understand how bots are going to prevent you from doing so? It's not all about money you know! Besides, most of you guys buy your rs cash anyways lol.

I could care less either way as trading isn't really a huge part of my playing style.

Which is fair enough but skills are becoming pointless and I'd prefer to buy my items at a higher price that way it's more of a challenge. Plus skills like woodcutting and fishing that people got legit is pointless, you don't make much cash off it anymore.

MJJ
22-06-2011, 08:10 PM
I would rather Jagex work on removing the bots. I like free trade - I enjoy the freedom of being able to give items to friends which aren't lendable and paying whatever price I want for items rather than being limited by a max and min price. Bots do reduce the cost of raw materials - frost dragon bones have fallen quite a bit now. But they also make it more difficult to train as you're competing for resources - I used to make a lot of cash from frost dragons, now it's impossible to find a free world. Of course that's partly due to more people getting 85 DG, but I'm quite sure some of them are bots as well. Just go to black demons in Taverly Dungeon or turoths in the slayer cave and you'll find that most of the people there are all wearing exactly the same outfit, with the exact same weapon.

Jagex said that they would be able to control the bots if free trade returned - that's why I voted yes. I just hope they are actually doing something to ban the bots.

infatuation
22-06-2011, 08:18 PM
As Amy said, I'd rather they try and clear the bots rather than disabling free trade once again. It would clear a lot of bots out if they did get rid of free trade, but there's still going to be many botting with or without free trade. The resources are probably at the lowest they've been for awhile, but again as Amy said it makes training any skill hard to do. I went to a random world to raise my woodcutting with yews and tried at least 8 different worlds, all full of bots. Same with the dungeon resource mine, bots cover the rune part of it and it's just really annoying.

Rashelly
22-06-2011, 10:26 PM

Bots are not making the game better, nor are they ruining it completely. Resources might be cheaper but that only means it's harder for legit players to train and make money by training resource skills such as mining, fishing, wcing etc.
Botters change the economy. It's in a terrible state at the moment. Without botters, prices of things will rise of course, but it would soon even out. We don't need bots. The economy and the game was perfectly fine (better, IMO) before we had this many bots (there were still bots back in the day but no where near as many as today).

I agree with what others have said - I think Jagex should work on preventing botting. I've previously done some research on botters/botting programs (although I have never botted), it seems that every time jagex update the game, the bots stop working temporarily... I think if Jagex updated the game every day, or every other day, it might get rid of a few.

I've also read that Jagex have taken legal action against one botting company and they've been ordered to give Jagex all the information about how the bot works by the end of July, so maybe Jagex can use this information to prevent botters... Or at least catch them.

I don't PK, merch or RWT so it doesn't really effect me... But I like having the option to do those things, it just didn't feel right with the trade limit.

Richie
22-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Bots are not making the game better, nor are they ruining it completely. Resources might be cheaper but that only means it's harder for legit players to train and make money by training resource skills such as mining, fishing, wcing etc.
Botters change the economy. It's in a terrible state at the moment. Without botters, prices of things will rise of course, but it would soon even out. We don't need bots. The economy and the game was perfectly fine (better, IMO) before we had this many bots (there were still bots back in the day but no where near as many as today).

I agree with what others have said - I think Jagex should work on preventing botting. I've previously done some research on botters/botting programs (although I have never botted), it seems that every time jagex update the game, the bots stop working temporarily... I think if Jagex updated the game every day, or every other day, it might get rid of a few.

I've also read that Jagex have taken legal action against one botting company and they've been ordered to give Jagex all the information about how the bot works by the end of July, so maybe Jagex can use this information to prevent botters... Or at least catch them.

I don't PK, merch or RWT so it doesn't really effect me... But I like having the option to do those things, it just didn't feel right with the trade limit.

This post is so down to earth and as for the bold point if that's true I can't bloody wait that way all bots would stop for some time (until they find another method) and people could still trade without a limit.

Zak
22-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Surely Jagex know how botting works as their knowledge of Java would be far superior to those of the botting companies? I mean I've seen a few scripts and with only basic knowledge of Java I can gain understanding of what it's doing or trying to do. That's only scripts though, I've never actually looked at a client. I'm pretty sure that ***** is opensource? So people can check the code for malicious content?

Rashelly
23-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Surely Jagex know how botting works as their knowledge of Java would be far superior to those of the botting companies? I mean I've seen a few scripts and with only basic knowledge of Java I can gain understanding of what it's doing or trying to do. That's only scripts though, I've never actually looked at a client. I'm pretty sure that ***** is opensource? So people can check the code for malicious content?

I have no idea, but I'm guessing Jagex want that information for a reason...

Zak
23-06-2011, 01:00 AM
I have no idea, but I'm guessing Jagex want that information for a reason...

See whos been using it? :P

JerseySafety
23-06-2011, 02:00 AM
It shouldn't be removed. It'd ruin runescape - I'd quit :(

Rashelly
23-06-2011, 04:52 PM
See whos been using it? :P

They wouldn't get that information from it... I don't think they'll ever be able to get that information.

infatuation
23-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Between the two biggest free bots, there's actually quite a difference. One is open-source, so people can mess around with the coding if they like, and check themselves for embedded keyloggers and such, and the other one is built into a system where you just add them in. They're all checked before being put into the bot itself which actually isn't very true because many people have been hacked off of it, but regardless they keep using them. It'd be great if they found out how to slow down botting because I don't think they'll ever really stop it, someone else will code something new that they don't know about, problem solved. As for the accounts, I don't think they'll be able to retrieve them either.

DPS
23-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Well i dont see it happening, free trade came back for a reason because it got voted back. They cant just remove it like that, hasnt even been free trade for long... lol

Slowpoke
25-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Where's the proof that they are considering removing Free Trade again?

Marbian
26-06-2011, 02:03 PM
When Jagex told us about the referendum, they told us that they found out new ways to beat the bots and that it wouldn't be a problem. Which is why Jagex decided to bring it back if most of the members want it back. Jagex telling us this, made us think oh okay, bots won't be a problem now.. BRING IT BACK!

We got it back, and what? Bot's are worse than ever. You get them in hot spots, in every world... People can't even do frost dragons and make a big profit like you used to because of the bots flooding it. It was disappointing, and I lost believe in Jagex after that.

So it is possible that Jagex change things back like limited trades. It'll obviously help to fight bots. And if Jagex does put limited trades back into action, then I really wouldn't mind this time!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!