PDA

View Full Version : David Cameron grows balls

Chippiewill
24-06-2011, 09:52 AM
David Cameron has won his battle to limit the amount of money the UK will have to contribute towards a second financial bail-out for Greece.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13896201

Turns out the David Cameron has just grown some balls and is "fighting" to prevent us from bailing out Greece. It's a victory and a step, albeit a small one.

GommeInc
24-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I wonder how long it will last until Eton catches up with him and he remembers the days he was bullied by "superior" people, and then backs out of any decisions. It's a right step, but I can't help but feel sceptical. I wouldn't be surprised if he does a back-handed transaction under the turmoil. If he is actually doing this, then he's inadvertently caused a Euro problem, seeing as Greece needs an unprecedented amount of help from a bail out, so you never know, he may being saving Greece from the Euro Monster and many other countries that will have to pull out due to lack of funds.

jam666
24-06-2011, 10:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken he hasnt actually won anything. I understand that he "bribed" them where-by if britain remains out of any future greece bailouts we will in turn not use our veto on some legislation due to come into force in 2013. I cant remember what exactly is coming into force (as I read it somewhere).

-:Undertaker:-
25-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Hahaha! pull the other one Cameron, the UK is bailing out Greece either way through the IMF of which we are a top donator! There is good news though, that the Euro as it is (maybe the entire mechanism) is not going to survive this crisis as bailouts are essentially just extra loans.. ontop of other loans provided by the state as investors can see a dead horse, unlike the politicians. Ontop of that, the Sun newspaper now seems to be calling for a referendum om British membership of the European Union following in the footsteps of the Daily Express.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXqCTd8JQ0
22/06/11

When Mr Cameron stands up and tells the truth like that, then i'll have some respect for him - but it's not going to happen.

Chippiewill
25-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Hahaha! pull the other one Cameron, the UK is bailing out Greece either way through the IMF of which we are a top donator!
It's still less that it could have been, and thank god. He could have just paid the maximum and then we'd pay the most, which he didn't so that's still better than nothing. I admit, he should do more, and really we should pull out completely before we lose all our money to the greeks who seem to be using it as wallpaper.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!