PDA

View Full Version : *URGENT* Blue Screen of Death

Samantha
26-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I just tried logging on my user on my laptop and got the blue screen of death.

I turned it off immediately and came on using safe mode.

*DON'T MOVE THIS THREAD*

Anyone know what to do pls?

Thread moved by Aidenn (Forum Super Moderator) From 'Habbox Staff Only' as I feel its more suited here.

Recursion
26-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I suggest asking the Technology Section.

Samantha
26-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I suggest asking the Technology Section.

Don't want my sister seeing the thread tbh.

xxMATTGxx
26-06-2011, 07:19 PM
-Leaves this to Hoteluser-

He's a mac user not a Windows user ;)

kuzkasate
26-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I had the exact same yesterday, it just flashed black, then I got the blue screen of death and it restarted.

Seems fine now, I asked a few friends and it happens to them quite regularly actually.

Recursion
26-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Don't want my sister seeing the thread tbh.

Not being mean or anything, but I bet about 90% of HX Staff aren't Technically minded! :P

Anyway, we need you to tell us what the BSOD said and what file caused it.

What OS are you on?
Download and run the following link in Safe Mode and tell us what the file was (at the bottom of the window) and what the error was (i.e. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something).

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

BSODs should be fixed as soon as possible, if it happens regularly there is something seriously wrong with Windows or their computer's hardware.

Samantha
26-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Not being mean or anything, but I bet about 90% of HX Staff aren't Technically minded! :P

Anyway, we need you to tell us what the BSOD said and what file caused it.

What OS are you on?
Download and run the following link in Safe Mode and tell us what the file was (at the bottom of the window) and what the error was (i.e. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something).

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

BSODs should be fixed as soon as possible, if it happens regularly there is something seriously wrong with Windows or their computer's hardware.

Is it a virus or worse?

I'm on windows 7 home premium if thats what u mean

And what file

Recursion
26-06-2011, 07:25 PM
It could be a virus, it could be a corrupt Windows installation or it could be something in your computer is breaking/broken.

Samantha
26-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Still dno which file here.

Samantha
26-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Looked on the program and nothing came up, went back on normal thing and it didn't come up.

Guess I panicked a bit too much :P!

peteyt
26-06-2011, 08:58 PM
The best thing is to work out if you've installed any software lately or inserted/installed any new hardware - compatibility issues are often the cause of blue screens of death.

If it's working fine for now it might be okay but keep an eye on it.

Let's just hope it's nothing serious like dodgy hardware

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!