PDA

View Full Version : Practising code

Richie
27-06-2011, 03:10 AM
Hey,
I know fairly basic html and I can edit bits of php but I want to learn from scratch so I'm starting off with html. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can learn html fully without forgetting it, obviously I could read it a hundred times but it won't stay in my head until I actually use the code, what could I do to practice html?

Edited by Catz (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from ' Technology Discussion' to here as probably more suitable

HotelUser
27-06-2011, 03:31 AM
I'd probably recommend using http://w3schools.com as a beginner's reference. The way I (and I think most people) learned was by doing. Set a goal you want to accomplish to something more difficult than you know how to create, and then try to accomplish it.

BoxingMan
27-06-2011, 03:56 AM
I don't think learning basic HTML is really useful **** B! Most of the time you'll just use <b> <i> <u> (or the strong, em equivalents etc) <br> <p> <div> and <table> (maybe).. I think learning css would be a good start, make basic 2 column layouts with divs and then move onto the hard stuff. With PHP I found it best just to jump straight in and edit other peoples code or at least study it (gloss over ;)) and then use the PHP manual or google to find more information on the functions :)

Recursion
27-06-2011, 08:41 AM
I don't think learning basic HTML is really useful **** B! Most of the time you'll just use <b> <i> <u> (or the strong, em equivalents etc) <br> <p> <div> and <table> (maybe).. I think learning css would be a good start, make basic 2 column layouts with divs and then move onto the hard stuff. With PHP I found it best just to jump straight in and edit other peoples code or at least study it (gloss over ;)) and then use the PHP manual or google to find more information on the functions :)

Knowing HTML is fundamental if you're going to go and learn PHP.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!