PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is this Simon's PowerPanel reskinned?

Recursion
29-06-2011, 07:51 AM
http://podpanel.net/site/#/demo

Try out the demo :S

Jack!
29-06-2011, 07:54 AM
It does look that way, very much so.

BoxingMan
29-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Isn't it meant to be an alternative to radipanel? Pretty sure it has nothig to do with powerpanel...

Johno
29-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Isn't it meant to be an alternative to radipanel? Pretty sure it has nothig to do with powerpanel...

He's saying that it is an old panel that has been re-released by someone else with a different skin. It seems like it Tom.

BoxingMan
29-06-2011, 08:53 AM
He's saying that it is an old panel that has been re-released by someone else with a different skin. It seems like it Tom.
ugh, you do know that snickerz bought the panel (version 1, they are now up to version 7) off some guy which was insanely insecure.. i can almost guarantee this isn't based off powerpanel.

Homosexual
29-06-2011, 12:25 PM
ugh, you do know that snickerz bought the panel (version 1, they are now up to version 7) off some guy which was insanely insecure.. i can almost guarantee this isn't based off powerpanel.

not being funny but you've only just joined; so i think we're more likely to believe recursion, a moderator, to you..

Calvin
29-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I saw this a while ago and thought exactly that. Looks like they've just took the layout of Powerpanel by Simon and added some more features of their own.

RyanDOT
29-06-2011, 04:30 PM
The coder admitted to use the KristallPanel design

lSFresh
29-06-2011, 09:22 PM
as @RyanDOT said, I did admit to taking Kristall Panel's skin. PODpanel looks NOTHING like Powerpanel, I don't honestly see what you see in it. I'm not here to argue, I was directed here from another person.

I did buy version one of the panel off Dan but it was named 'Flux Panel' before, and I started work on the version 2.

I am one of the developers for PODpanel, and we've given credit where credit was due. If you noticed on the demo and on the downloads, in the announcement box, we've given credit to whaterver we've used.

The coding isn't ripped, PODpanel's coding is different from powerpanel's coding, if you thought to check the coding, instead of accusing people, you'd know that both coding differs.

The panel isn't 'Insanely Insecure' we've yet to have any intrusions or anything to that nature. I am 'Sniickerz' or 'lDaFreshKid' as some would say, and I am the only developer who 'ripped' the skin and radiPanel's css. That is it.

So make sure you know what you're talking about before blatantly crying over something that 'looked similar' to another panel.

---------- Post added 29-06-2011 at 10:25 PM ----------

not being funny but you've only just joined; so i think we're more likely to believe recursion, a moderator, to you..

not being funny, but that is an ignorant response. You know nothing about how we've developed this panel, just because he's a mod doesn't mean he's always right lmao. Btw, that Boxerman was one of our developers, just saying.

I don't know how they do it in your world, but Im pretty sure a developer knows more than this mod when it comes to podpanel.

Agnostic Bear
30-06-2011, 11:26 AM
<!-- // PODpanel v7, Integration by lDaFreshKid theme based off Kristall Panel \\ -->

wat why wasn't i contacted about this i am very angry i am assembling lawyers right now

Recursion
30-06-2011, 01:14 PM
as @RyanDOT said, I did admit to taking Kristall Panel's skin. PODpanel looks NOTHING like Powerpanel, I don't honestly see what you see in it. I'm not here to argue, I was directed here from another person.

I did buy version one of the panel off Dan but it was named 'Flux Panel' before, and I started work on the version 2.

I am one of the developers for PODpanel, and we've given credit where credit was due. If you noticed on the demo and on the downloads, in the announcement box, we've given credit to whaterver we've used.

The coding isn't ripped, PODpanel's coding is different from powerpanel's coding, if you thought to check the coding, instead of accusing people, you'd know that both coding differs.

The panel isn't 'Insanely Insecure' we've yet to have any intrusions or anything to that nature. I am 'Sniickerz' or 'lDaFreshKid' as some would say, and I am the only developer who 'ripped' the skin and radiPanel's css. That is it.

So make sure you know what you're talking about before blatantly crying over something that 'looked similar' to another panel.

---------- Post added 29-06-2011 at 10:25 PM ----------

not being funny, but that is an ignorant response. You know nothing about how we've developed this panel, just because he's a mod doesn't mean he's always right lmao. Btw, that Boxerman was one of our developers, just saying.

I don't know how they do it in your world, but Im pretty sure a developer knows more than this mod when it comes to podpanel.

Wow what's your problem? It looks *exactly* like PowerPanel to me from memory and it's my opinion, no need to get like that. I also never accused anyone of anything in this thread.

HotelUser
30-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Nice hash tag navigation and alerts, where have I seen those functions before

You - http://podpanel.net/site/_js/page.js
Me - http://habbox.com/class/global_jsfunctions_unminified.js

You could have just emailed me first, or something before you ripped those :P

Edit: http://podpanel.net/site/_js/ajax.js HabbCrazy too? Surly you could have renamed that class atleast!

lSFresh
30-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Wow what's your problem? It looks *exactly* like PowerPanel to me from memory and it's my opinion, no need to get like that. I also never accused anyone of anything in this thread.

Apologies.

<!-- // PODpanel v7, Integration by lDaFreshKid theme based off Kristall Panel \\ -->

wat why wasn't i contacted about this i am very angry i am assembling lawyers right now

Go ahead, :D I'll be waiting. Make sure you file a dmca to!

Nice hash tag navigation and alerts, where have I seen those functions before

You - http://podpanel.net/site/_js/page.js
Me - http://habbox.com/class/global_jsfunctions_unminified.js

You could have just emailed me first, or something before you ripped those :P

Edit: http://podpanel.net/site/_js/ajax.js HabbCrazy too? Surly you could have renamed that class atleast!

My hashtags look nothing like yours. Lol "Email you first", yeah ok! I have nothing with Habbcrazy on here. Unless Jack(Moh) is 'Jack Ellis'

HotelUser
30-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Apologies.

Go ahead, :D I'll be waiting. Make sure you file a dmca to!

My hashtags look nothing like yours. Lol "Email you first", yeah ok! I have nothing with Habbcrazy on here. Unless Jack(Moh) is 'Jack Ellis'

Your ajax.js says habbcrazy in it, care to explain that? Also all of your functions are named the EXACT same as mine. Variables - exact same as mine. Your code is also pretty well the exact same as mind obviously with minor changes here and there to adapt your website. You even copied my alert function and didn't even change my variable names (lol?). You outright copied my functions. I wouldn't of minded if you had asked, or even fessed upto it now but the fact that you've now blatantly and obviously copied them and are still trying to cover it up is outright disgusting.

Me, coded 100% from scratch:

var newURL;
var urlArray;
function makeURL(newURL)
{
newURL = newURL.replace("#","");
urlArray = newURL.split('/');
var insert = ".php?";
newURL = '';
for(i in urlArray)
{
if(urlArray[i] != '')
{
newURL = newURL + urlencode(urlArray[i]) + insert;
if(insert == '.php?' || insert == '&')
insert = '='
else
insert = '&';
}
}
return newURL;
}

Same function on your site which you blatantly stole from me:

var newURL;
var urlArray;
function makeURL(newURL) {
var insert = ".php?";
newURL = '';
for(i in urlArray) {
if(urlArray[i] != '') {
if(insert == '.php?' || insert == '&') {
insert = '=';
} else {
insert = '&';
}
}
}
return newURL;
}

Notice how they are word for word the exact same. It's like that for pretty much every other one of my functions in your file too.

Recursion
30-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Your ajax.js says habbcrazy in it, care to explain that? Also all of your functions are named the EXACT same as mine. Variables - exact same as mine. Your code is also pretty well the exact same as mind obviously with minor changes here and there to adapt your website. You even copied my alert function and didn't even change my variable names (lol?). You outright copied my functions. I wouldn't of minded if you had asked, or even fessed upto it now but the fact that you've now blatantly and obviously copied them and are still trying to cover it up is outright disgusting.

var newURL;
var urlArray;
function makeURL(newURL)
{
var insert = ".php?";
newURL = '';
for(i in urlArray)
{
if(urlArray[i] != '')
{
insert = '='
else
insert = '&';
}
}
return newURL;
}

var newURL;
var urlArray;
var insert = ".php?";
newURL = '';
for(i in urlArray) {
if(urlArray[i] != '') {
insert = '=';
} else {
insert = '&';
}
}
}
return newURL;
}

Notice how they are word for word the exact same. It's like that for pretty much every other one of my functions in your file too.

I'm gunna be honest here, there is no way that is a coincidence, the chances must be one in a million billion trillion. LOL. So, so far you've used David's code and stolen the Bear's design... :rolleyes:

iAdam
30-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Copying code is one thing, removing spaces and keeping the same variable names is silly.

HotelUser
30-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Copying code is one thing, removing spaces and keeping the same variable names is silly.

I don't even mind if anyone uses it if they're understanding it and learning from doing it but when they do it claiming it's their own, then get proven wrong and continue to deny it it's infuriating :P

lSFresh
30-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Your ajax.js says habbcrazy in it, care to explain that? Also all of your functions are named the EXACT same as mine. Variables - exact same as mine. Your code is also pretty well the exact same as mind obviously with minor changes here and there to adapt your website. You even copied my alert function and didn't even change my variable names (lol?). You outright copied my functions. I wouldn't of minded if you had asked, or even fessed upto it now but the fact that you've now blatantly and obviously copied them and are still trying to cover it up is outright disgusting

var newURL;
var urlArray;
function makeURL(newURL)
{
var insert = ".php?";
newURL = '';
for(i in urlArray)
{
if(urlArray[i] != '')
{
insert = '='
else
insert = '&';
}
}
return newURL;
}

var newURL;
var urlArray;
var insert = ".php?";
newURL = '';
for(i in urlArray) {
if(urlArray[i] != '') {
insert = '=';
} else {
insert = '&';
}
}
}
return newURL;
}

You're talking about something totally different. This has nothing to do with PODpanel. If you want to talk about that code, we can talk about that in another thread. HabbCrazy where?

I never claimed anything as my own. Don't get all butthurt because some coding was "Ripped" if you want an honest opinion, contact habbcore.net

http://habbcore.net/js/page.js

That's where I got the hashtag url function. Jesus christ. Josh the owner I was asking on how to do this, and he guided me to it.

HotelUser
30-06-2011, 07:35 PM
You're talking about something totally different. This has nothing to do with PODpanel. If you want to talk about that code, we can talk about that in another thread. HabbCrazy where?

I never claimed anything as my own. Don't get all butthurt because some coding was "Ripped" if you want an honest opinion, contact habbcore.net

http://habbcore.net/js/page.js

That's where I got the hashtag url function. Jesus christ. Josh the owner I was asking on how to do this, and he guided me to it.

So you took it from them and they took it from Habbox, I will be contacting them :)

Luke
30-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Most 'releases' these days, are tending to be "copy and paste" jobs.. where's all the skilled coders gone?!

Jack!
30-06-2011, 09:43 PM
About the Jack (Moh) yeah I'm 99% sure that's Jack Ellis, Hence Habbcrazy.

Give it up, the codes the same, Just admit its copied.

Calvin
30-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Jack Ellis is Yutes on CHF, not Moh. :P

lSFresh
01-07-2011, 02:29 AM
Most 'releases' these days, are tending to be "copy and paste" jobs.. where's all the skilled coders gone?!

IF it was a copy and paste job, point out everything I've copied in PODpanel, besides the radiPanel css and kristall panel skin, I'll be waiting bro. You can't prove any coding(panel wise) was ripped. So do me a favor, and go play habbo!

About the Jack (Moh) yeah I'm 99% sure that's Jack Ellis, Hence Habbcrazy.

Give it up, the codes the same, Just admit its copied.

The code to what is the same? Lmao.

Jack Ellis is Yutes on CHF, not Moh. :P

oh ok, well then nothing on my site is Habbcrazy though, which is what im tryna tell him.

HotelUser
01-07-2011, 02:31 AM
IF it was a copy and paste job, point out everything I've copied in PODpanel, besides the radiPanel css and kristall panel skin, I'll be waiting bro. You can't prove any coding(panel wise) was ripped. So do me a favor, and go play habbo!

The code to what is the same? Lmao.

oh ok, well then nothing on my site is Habbcrazy though, which is what im tryna tell him.

In Ajax.js the code is an exact replica (it even says HabbCrazy in your source file), and page.js still matches Habbox's too.

My advice to you would be to remove ajax.js and page.js and just find free and already distributable jquery plugins, or code them yourself, to use on your website. If you're able to create a radio panel like you have you should be able to do this in a pretty brief period of time - and that would surpress everyone's shouts of plagiarism here on the forum :).

lSFresh
01-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Definition of plagiarism, is copying, and claiming as your own work. Nowhere, did I claim that **** work was mine.

HotelUser
01-07-2011, 04:42 AM
Definition of plagiarism, is copying, and claiming as your own work. Nowhere, did I claim that **** work was mine.

But you didn't create any of that Javascript yourself. I did, and you've taken it from me without me giving you permission - it's plagiarism (also if it's "****" which I presume is insulting the work, why did you plagiarize it in the first place).

Jordy
01-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Definition of plagiarism, is copying, and claiming as your own work. Nowhere, did I claim that **** work was mine.So it's acceptable to go round stealing code you have no permission to use, and put it in your own product because you didn't claim it was yours? Hahaha.

Luke
01-07-2011, 07:57 AM

It doesn't necessarily mean the whole panel is C+ped, it's just a little phrase |: But with the current evidence of the javascript files, as well as the CSS and skin you've admitted to copying, it's not looking good on your side. <aybe you should learn some manners, when you're representing your team and your panel, 'cause the impression you're giving, isn't a good one. Oh, and for the record - not everyone plays Habbo on this forum.

Chippiewill
01-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Hello there, I suggest to you to go scroll down to the bottom of Habbox.com and see what it says... hmm:

"Copyright Habbox 2011."

Oh look, the content of the website is owned by Habbox.

Copyright: The exclusive legal right, given to an originator or an assignee to print, publish, perform, film, or record literary, artistic, or musical material, and to authorize others to do the same

Well, I guess if you were authorised by Jin, or Sierk, or by the person who coded and designed it... oh, I see, you didn't? Hmm, we have a little problem here then I guess?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!