PDA

View Full Version : Account getting re-rolled

infatuation
01-07-2011, 07:37 PM
SoOoo roughly two weeks ago I was banned for "minor botting", which is understandable because in the past I had botted probably 4 or 5 levels in the 90's. I haven't botted on said account for quite awhile, at least 4 or 5 months, and out of no where I was banned. I tried appealing the ban but the appeal is still pending, which means they haven't even bothered looking into it. I check yesterday, and my account got rerolled over 10 combat levels and over 150 overall levels. I'm not too bothered by this because I do have another account which I don't bot on, but I'm just wondering is it worth trying to contact Jagex? Thanks :)

Aidenn
01-07-2011, 07:40 PM
The only way youll get the account back is generally by purchasing it back of Jagex.

infatuation
01-07-2011, 10:19 PM
eh, oh well then! I still have the account and it's not really worth buying the levels back imo, I just think it's a tad unfair that they punish me a few months down the road, but I had it coming :P

IceNineKills
02-07-2011, 01:19 AM
eh, oh well then! I still have the account and it's not really worth buying the levels back imo, I just think it's a tad unfair that they punish me a few months down the road, but I had it coming :P

How do you do this buy back thing?

GoldSolid
02-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Yeah first I've heard about being able to buy banned accounts back how does it work?

Kyle
02-07-2011, 03:43 AM
There is a Banned Account Reinstatement which you can use to buy banned accounts back but they always apply harsh wealth and level rollbacks to said accounts. There is no way to buy levels back.

Bad luck, but as you said, you had it coming ;)

Soy
02-07-2011, 05:32 AM
Mine got banned awhile ago!!!!

Richie
02-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Did you bot heavily? I'm surprised they are banning minor bottors after nearly half a year, you'd think they'd ban you sooner. When you botted did you make it obvious? I'm just curious

Zak
02-07-2011, 11:51 AM
6 months... wow - if jagex know.. and are waiting.. dayum

Marbian
02-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Jagex likes to hear the truth. I was banned for 14 days, and I made a appeal saying the levels I botted, and how many days, and how much money I made. I done 2 days on yews, and that was the only time I have ever botted on runescape. So they replied saying not to do it again etcetc, and I wasn't roll-backed. But my account is under moderation.

It might be a fact that I've been a dedicated member for 9 years, but I admitted it and said sorry... So I guess they do have a heart. I only botted so I can see how ******* worked etc too!

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 01:32 PM ----------

Jagex likes to hear the truth. I was banned for 14 days, and I made a appeal saying the levels I botted, and how many days, and how much money I made. I done 2 days on yews, and that was the only time I have ever botted on runescape. So they replied saying not to do it again etcetc, and I wasn't roll-backed. But my account is under moderation.

It might be a fact that I've been a dedicated member for 9 years, but I admitted it and said sorry... So I guess they do have a heart. I only botted so I can see how ******* worked etc too!

infatuation
02-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Did you bot heavily? I'm surprised they are banning minor bottors after nearly half a year, you'd think they'd ban you sooner. When you botted did you make it obvious? I'm just curious

Uhh no. I botted I think 10 firemaking levels in the span of 4 months? Maybe 3. It wasn't obvious at all, I checked on the bot pretty often and made casual talk with people whilst botting as well.

6 months... wow - if jagex know.. and are waiting.. dayum

I know. I didn't even see it coming haha!

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 01:32 PM ----------

Thanks for this, my friend recently just got banned for the 14 day mark, I'm going to tell him to try this :)

Inseriousity.
02-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I remember reading somewhere that they liked to wait until botters got their levels really high before banning them/rolling back levels so that the cost of losing it was greater. Tbh I thought that was just talk for 'we actually dont have a clue how to spot them' but maybe its true :P

infatuation
02-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I remember reading somewhere that they liked to wait until botters got their levels really high before banning them/rolling back levels so that the cost of losing it was greater. Tbh I thought that was just talk for 'we actually dont have a clue how to spot them' but maybe its true :P

It depends on some of the bots. A few you can actually use things to stop people from botting - such as a cat in the flax field below Seers. It messes up the bot and you just stand there for awhile, apparently. That's how one of my friends got banned before anyways.

Inseriousity.
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Haha yeah I remember having fun stopping the bots mining rune essence by closing aubrey's door. :D

:.justben.:
02-07-2011, 10:21 PM
lol i just kill them ;P

Kyle
03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
a lot of bots are reported each day. it's possible that they only just finished investigating your account from the first time you were reported. Even if you do take precautions there is always one noob that will insist that you are a bot (sometimes if you reply, too!) and report you regardless.

I highly doubt they actually waited for you to finish botting and then banned you to make it even more harsh :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!