PDA

View Full Version : Laptop recommendations

Alexx..
02-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Well, my laptop is biting the dust (i think anyway). It won't charge and it's not the powercord and when i plug the powercord into my laptop it melts something and I can smell burning so I don't think it's safe so I'm looking for a new one.

Don't really have a budget as I'm looking at a Macbook Pro but i'm not certain. Yeah so I don't really have a budget but nothing to extreme.

I just want it to have a big HDD and a good enough CPU to be able to play games.

Thanks

Recursion
02-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Well, my laptop is biting the dust (i think anyway). It won't charge and it's not the powercord and when i plug the powercord into my laptop it melts something and I can smell burning so I don't think it's safe so I'm looking for a new one.

Don't really have a budget as I'm looking at a Macbook Pro but i'm not certain. Yeah so I don't really have a budget but nothing to extreme.

I just want it to have a big HDD and a good enough CPU to be able to play games.

Thanks

Then why are you looking at a Mac?

www.dell.co.uk

Or recently I purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad, very pleased with it, very light, very powerful and very sturdy.

Flisker
02-07-2011, 08:28 AM
I was recently given a DELL XPS 15 laptop for my birthday, very good laptop and they have now released a newer version with updated gpu and cpu (damn you dell!!! :))

Jack!
02-07-2011, 08:52 AM

Thanks

Macs are terrible for gaming.

Think anything thats dell would be great.

Johno
02-07-2011, 11:22 AM
HP, Lenovo and Dell are pretty solid choices.

HP Envy 14 or Dell XPS 15z are both nice machines (I have the former).

:Markster:
03-07-2011, 11:46 AM
HP is NO good, it's powerful but cheap and bad quality. Macs are crap for gaming, you can partition the hard drive and install windows on them and have a "Dual OS" where you either boot Mac or Windows but it will slow it down. My suggestion would be either Dell or Lenovo which are really the 2 best brands out there.

Recursion
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
HP is NO good, it's powerful but cheap and bad quality. Macs are crap for gaming, you can partition the hard drive and install windows on them and have a "Dual OS" where you either boot Mac or Windows but it will slow it down. My suggestion would be either Dell or Lenovo which are really the 2 best brands out there.

No it won't.

:Markster:
03-07-2011, 01:26 PM
No it won't.
Actually it will, my classmate did it and i watched him play minecraft and other games and they lagged a bit more than normally, while on the mac boot, minecraft at least ran fine with the same settings and nothing else open.

Recursion
03-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Actually it will, my classmate did it and i watched him play minecraft and other games and they lagged a bit more than normally, while on the mac boot, minecraft at least ran fine with the same settings and nothing else open.

I can tell you now, that will not slow it down.

Flisker
03-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I agree with Recursion it does not slow down the computer in anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!