PDA

View Full Version : MineCraft Help

Pigperson
02-07-2011, 01:54 AM
I just discovered MineCraft and it looks good but I'm confused about setting up. I've signed up on the main site but I'm confused if you pay for it or what. There is the option to buy it, get a free beta version or play the classic. I played a bit of the beta but it just gives you all the resources and you can't do much.

How do you play it? Is it a program you download and open, or is it an on-site game and what is this paying method and beta and these new versions. Whats classic compared to the others.

I am so confused LOL :S

Will

rld
02-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Hey will,
ok, you actually played the classic not the beta.
The beta costs money but the beta is the one you want if you want the full experience.
Basically you log - in on the sit and buy it and then you download the minecraft beta program and log - in with your username and password to the site. hope i helped a bit.

Trinity
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
I just discovered MineCraft and it looks good but I'm confused about setting up. I've signed up on the main site but I'm confused if you pay for it or what. There is the option to buy it, get a free beta version or play the classic. I played a bit of the beta but it just gives you all the resources and you can't do much.

How do you play it? Is it a program you download and open, or is it an on-site game and what is this paying method and beta and these new versions. Whats classic compared to the others.

Will

You played the classic version, it's old and stupid and please don't base your opinions of minecraft on that old version because the actual beta is much better :)
Go here when you're signed in to purchase it and see the payment methods: http://www.minecraft.net/prepurchase.jsp

You can download the launcher for it and play it on your desktop, or you can play it inside your browser on the minecraft website.

Classic is the very, very old version. There are so many differences between classic and beta so I won't bother typing them, but just watch some recent minecraft videos on youtube and compare it to your experience on the classic version.

Pigperson
02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Hey will,
ok, you actually played the classic not the beta.
The beta costs money but the beta is the one you want if you want the full experience.
Basically you log - in on the sit and buy it and then you download the minecraft beta program and log - in with your username and password to the site. hope i helped a bit.

You played the classic version, it's old and stupid and please don't base your opinions of minecraft on that old version because the actual beta is much better :)
Go here when you're signed in to purchase it and see the payment methods: http://www.minecraft.net/prepurchase.jsp

You can download the launcher for it and play it on your desktop, or you can play it inside your browser on the minecraft website.

Classic is the very, very old version. There are so many differences between classic and beta so I won't bother typing them, but just watch some recent minecraft videos on youtube and compare it to your experience on the classic version.

Thanks for the help guys, I've been watching a channel of many videos and it looks really great.

What I did is, I clicked the "Download" button next to "In Browser". This download button was under the beta thing and I downloaded it and logged in. I'm confused because I downloaded the beta but I didn't have to pay, and I didn't even download the classic version but somehow I am playing it :S

Also, if you buy Minecraft, is it a one off purchase and does the purchase assigned to your account, or to the program or what?

I appreciate your help very much! :D

Will

Pigperson
02-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Also, what is this beta version :S Like what is it :S

Will

Marbian
02-07-2011, 09:05 PM

Will

You sign up and then pay for it for the best things. Like anything these days, you have to pay to play the best.

Pigperson
02-07-2011, 09:54 PM
You sign up and then pay for it for the best things. Like anything these days, you have to pay to play the best.

What I did is, I clicked the "Download" button next to "In Browser". This download button was under the beta thing and I downloaded it and logged in. I'm confused because I downloaded the beta but I didn't have to pay, and I didn't even download the classic version but somehow I am playing it :S

Also, if you buy Minecraft, is it a one off purchase and does the purchase assigned to your account, or to the program or what?

Thanks for the help :D

Will

Pigperson
03-07-2011, 05:17 PM
I bought the game and it is sorted :D

If you wanna link up on multiplayer, or tell me how to link up then PM me lol.

Will

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!