PDA

View Full Version : [TV] Torchwood- Miracle Day [14th July]

Circadia
02-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Just saw a trailer for this on BBC 1, it looks exciting! Anyone else going to be watching this :)?

Inseriousity.
02-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I am! the us trailer is better though, you should check it out :)

Marbian
02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I can't wait!

dbgtz
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I can't wait looks quite awesome, dissapointed how the USA get it first though considering.

Fez
02-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Please be another Children of Earth!

iBlueBox
02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I can't wait looks quite awesome, dissapointed how the USA get it first though considering.

It's more the likely because they payed a lot for the production.

Chris
02-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Really excited for it! I will go back and re-cap on children of earth before the new series. :D

Shar
02-07-2011, 11:57 PM
woo can't wait

DPS
03-07-2011, 02:58 PM
What times it on on the 14th? as im going to see HP at 21:00

Stephen
03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
probably on around that time lol 9 or 10

DPS
04-07-2011, 08:39 AM
probably on around that time lol 9 or 10

Ah! im going to bloody die :(

Ah well BBC iPlayer :P

peteyt
04-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Not really sure about this. Didn't care for the first 2 seasons but loved Children of Earth. However it looks like this could be too much Americanised.

Chris
09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Just watched the first episode, it was brilliant! It's sort of a re-boot, it explains everything so new viewers of the show know whats going on.

DPS
09-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Just watched the first episode, it was brilliant! It's sort of a re-boot, it explains everything so new viewers of the show know whats going on.
Ah yeah didnt they show it in the US? first.

Chris
09-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Ah yeah didnt they show it in the US? first.

Yeah the US aired it last night, it will be aired in the UK on the 14th. :D

DPS
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah the US aired it last night, it will be aired in the UK on the 14th. :D

Or could just find a site with it on :P

iBlueBox
09-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Good Episode Loved it, Very good to introduce new viewers to the show, But It had a few problems.

The CIA agents, they felt a bit too stereotypical american CIA, a bit bland.
Though, The only thing is Children of Earth had me gripping to the screen, wanting to know what was next, But the end of the first episode of Miracle Day, really didn't what I didn't expect.

Chris
09-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Or could just find a site with it on :P

Yeah thats what I did, I'm in the UK but I won't be able to watch it when it airs as I'll be away. xD

Good Episode Loved it, Very good to introduce new viewers to the show, But It had a few problems.

The CIA agents, they felt a bit too stereotypical american CIA, a bit bland.
Though, The only thing is Children of Earth had me gripping to the screen, wanting to know what was next, But the end of the first episode of Miracle Day, really didn't what I didn't expect.

The CIA agents where a bit boring, but I'm liking Rex and that other woman so far!

DPS
09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah thats what I did, I'm in the UK but I won't be able to watch it when it airs as I'll be away. xD

The CIA agents where a bit boring, but I'm liking Rex and that other woman so far!

You guys got a link? as ill be going to see HP on 14th so cant watch it.

DPS
09-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Sorry for the double post, but dont you love it when Jack gives people the drug to make people forget LOL

Shar
09-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Watched it earlier, so glad its back!

DPS
09-07-2011, 06:27 PM
http://oi52.tinypic.com/awta4p.jpg

LOL... at the babys face.

Shar
09-07-2011, 06:37 PM
http://oi52.tinypic.com/awta4p.jpg

LOL... at the babys face.
LOL I was laughing at that too..Her mum was shooting men in a helicopter and she was just laughing in her arms LOL

dbgtz
14-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Just saw the start on BBC1 as this was posted, did they insult us like 100 times already or did I just not understand them properly and it wasn't an insult at all.

dbgtz
14-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Sorry for the double post but that was just an American sci-fi/drama with Torchwood slapped on it.

Johno
14-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Really enjoyed it :) - This series was part funded through the US (according to Russell T Davies)

Inseriousity.
14-07-2011, 09:33 PM
I liked it. Those earmuffs were adorable lol. best joke of the episode. 2nd was the "we have to pay for this?" haha :D

peteyt
15-07-2011, 02:45 AM
I watched it and not bad but I kind of wish it wasn't as americanised.

I'm a massive who fan and always thought who and torchwood where quite similar I mean torchwood is a spin off. They both have always had a British feel to them and I think to make it big in America they've tried to destroy that.

I've even seen a poster stating it's an original Starz series, which makes it look like their trying to make it sound like they created Torchwood.

I did enjoy it though.

Fez
15-07-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm not getting a Children of Earth vibe from it, but I'm not getting s Torchwood Series 1/2 vibe from it; guess that's a good thing.

Promising series.

dbgtz
16-07-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm not getting a Children of Earth vibe from it, but I'm not getting s Torchwood Series 1/2 vibe from it; guess that's a good thing.

Promising series.

What? You say this is promising? Have you not looked at it intensively like doctor who? Seriously if you watched it carefully you'll see how bad it already is.

This is what I wrote via my blog (which is for more personal tracking purposes and just letting out crap which annoys me):
"
So the British television programme, Torchwood, was shown in the UK 5 days later as the BBC sold out and let some Americans purchase a series of it which absolutely destroyed the name of Torchwood. It was the most American crap I have ever seen. Althought British writers were involve, you can see the influence of Americans. I mean, they bigged themselves up so much and insulted the British a lot (mostly at the beginning but just look anywhere and there are little digs). And how they can just take the Torchwood team makes us seem inferior, when that really would not happen. Yes we most likely would hand them over in the end knowing the ***** government we have, but we’d argue a bit first surely? It was (fictionally) set up in 1879, whereas the CIA was set up in 1947 and is not even meant to deal with “alien” matters as far as I’m aware. America need to stop stealing British shows and making them ****.

TL;DR: Americans making themselves look amazing ruined Torchwood."

Inseriousity.
16-07-2011, 08:56 AM
- It'd be so unrealistic if no-one mentioned the stereotypes. We all do the same for americans: bible bashers etc.
- Yes the government probably would want to give it up because it technically doesn't exist anymore and they want to get rid of it after the events of CoE. Why would they fight someone who wants to do their dirty work? It's a win-win situation for them.
- The CIA probably deals with a lot more stuff we're not told although let's not get into conspiracy theories here :P

Fez
16-07-2011, 12:51 PM
What? You say this is promising? Have you not looked at it intensively like doctor who? Seriously if you watched it carefully you'll see how bad it already is.

This is what I wrote via my blog (which is for more personal tracking purposes and just letting out crap which annoys me):
"
So the British television programme, Torchwood, was shown in the UK 5 days later as the BBC sold out and let some Americans purchase a series of it which absolutely destroyed the name of Torchwood. It was the most American crap I have ever seen. Althought British writers were involve, you can see the influence of Americans. I mean, they bigged themselves up so much and insulted the British a lot (mostly at the beginning but just look anywhere and there are little digs). And how they can just take the Torchwood team makes us seem inferior, when that really would not happen. Yes we most likely would hand them over in the end knowing the ***** government we have, but we’d argue a bit first surely? It was (fictionally) set up in 1879, whereas the CIA was set up in 1947 and is not even meant to deal with “alien” matters as far as I’m aware. America need to stop stealing British shows and making them ****.

I agree that the Americanisation takes away from everything that made the show so distinctively 'British' but it's something I knew I had to get over. Like it or not, there are going to be jibes at ol' Blighty because the American studio has put in the most money to make this possible. The whole 'CIA' thing is kinda over-used anyway, although the FBI would be more suited (didn't Captain Jack said he was FBI?) so I'm getting over that.

It's promising and that was certainly a very weak episode, but I can't look at anything intensively until I'm at least two episodes in, it's what I did with Doctor Who and it's what I'll do with Miracle Day. I'll certainly be blogging on Series 6 of Who and Miracle Day when it's all over, I can't now because I am way too busy.

peteyt
17-07-2011, 03:40 AM
The problem is this just seems like every other sc-fi show.

While I hated torchwood season 1 and 2 they seemed to get it right with children of earth. It had a torchwood and british feel to it.

This however feels like they've took the thing that kind of made it feel a bit different to the other sc-fi shows out there.

I mean watch Doctor Who. It has a magic and mystery that would be ruined by the Amercian's as they would try and just make it into an action series all together. Torchwood to me is kind of similar in that sense. It isn't as British, probably more welsh ha, but taking that out has made it just into an x-files or something

redtom
17-07-2011, 09:33 AM

"

Torchwood was dead and gone, the BBC wouldn't have brought it back without major help from somewhere else, "selling out" to the Americans is the best way to do it because the BBC will make **** loads of it if it takes off in America. You completely missed the humour through the "insults". The Americans took Gwen and Jack, not Torchwood (Torchwood ended remember) and the Americans can take charge of investigations in the UK with a valid reason much like we can there, the public never sees this though. My guess is that the new team will solve this through out the first series then the CIA will create its own Torchwood division aimed of investigating Alien affairs.

Also atm the majority world doesn't think it has anything to do with Aliens that's why all the different American agents are investigating what's happening. (Thats why we've seen both the CIA & FBI along with some other randoms)

At the end of the day its fiction don't take it so seriously and you'll enjoy it more.

iBlueBox
17-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Episode 2 Feel's a lot better then episode 1, It's a less budget but the story is a lot better,

What I think what goes to the very foundation of good shows,

A lesser budget can mean a great strong story at times.

peteyt
17-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Torchwood was dead and gone, the BBC wouldn't have brought it back without major help from somewhere else, "selling out" to the Americans is the best way to do it because the BBC will make **** loads of it if it takes off in America. You completely missed the humour through the "insults". The Americans took Gwen and Jack, not Torchwood (Torchwood ended remember) and the Americans can take charge of investigations in the UK with a valid reason much like we can there, the public never sees this though. My guess is that the new team will solve this through out the first series then the CIA will create its own Torchwood division aimed of investigating Alien affairs.

Also atm the majority world doesn't think it has anything to do with Aliens that's why all the different American agents are investigating what's happening. (Thats why we've seen both the CIA & FBI along with some other randoms)

At the end of the day its fiction don't take it so seriously and you'll enjoy it more.

Torchwood was dead? Well the base was but the BBC wouldn't bring it back you say? After watching how popular it became in children of Earth compared to series 1 and 2 they would be stupid to ignore the ratings and great feedback - People who literally hated the first 2 series loved it.

The America thing might have not happened and I'm sure torchwood still would have returned

dbgtz
17-07-2011, 07:14 PM

When I meant "sold out" I was more referring to how Americanised it got and not really sticking to its roots, not the literal selling of the series.

user130523
17-07-2011, 07:56 PM
i think this series looks good and very promising but not good as children of earth, i don't think that'll get beaten any time soon.

i do think its much better than the other torchwood series, i think its more modern and i like the whole american side to it :)

Shar
18-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Episode two was really good, can't wait for next weeks episode :)

Chris
21-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Episode 2 was good! I was creeped out by the woman with the broken neck though.

Tom
21-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I was creeped out by the woman with the broken neck though.

[2] I was like DKJNECS

dbgtz
21-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I hope to god when she said "welcome to torchwood" that it will not lead to another series in america, it wouldnt make sense at all if it was established there. I thought it was much better than the first though and I'm interested in how Oswald Danes is involved.

Tom
21-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I hope to god when she said "welcome to torchwood" that it will not lead to another series in america, it wouldnt make sense at all if it was established there. I thought it was much better than the first though and I'm interested in how Oswald Danes is involved.

What she meant is that she's basically re-opened Torchwood and they're hired the 2 in the car already, seeming as though they're both 'in on it'

peteyt
22-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I liked it better. The problem is its spends so much time doing government crap it feels like an action series, like 24 and other shows.

It feels partly like its lost something.

Fez
22-07-2011, 06:12 PM
That CGI was terrible.

Other than that, I'm getting into it

Inseriousity.
22-07-2011, 06:59 PM
What she meant is that she's basically re-opened Torchwood and they're hired the 2 in the car already, seeming as though they're both 'in on it'

lol I just thought she meant "welcome to torchwood" as a way of saying YOUR LIFE WILL GET ABSOLUTELY CRAZY as soon as you find out about it not that it's been reopened. :)
I enjoyed it but the whole making an antidote on the plane didn't feel right lol.

Tom
22-07-2011, 07:02 PM
lol I just thought she meant "welcome to torchwood" as a way of saying YOUR LIFE WILL GET ABSOLUTELY CRAZY as soon as you find out about it not that it's been reopened. :)
I enjoyed it but the whole making an antidote on the plane didn't feel right lol.

I agree with the antidote thing, I was kinda just like dotdotdot. But I don't know, we'll have to see in the next episode what she meant by "Welcome to Torchwood"

peteyt
22-07-2011, 09:17 PM
I thought that to. It felt un-real. Yeah I know its a sc-fi show, but for it to work its nice to have make sense. Like one minute he is poisoned, drinks some magic poison, a bit of screaming then all of a sudden it works. I'm no doctor but don't stuff usually take a lot longer to work. You don't get rid of a headache straight away after swallowing paracetamol. It felt like just something to drag the story out.

dbgtz
22-07-2011, 10:48 PM
The fact is with the whole drugging of Jack is the fact we see him die in doctor who, so there's no "oh hes gonna die". Unless they kill the whole torchwood-doctor who link.

Fez
23-07-2011, 03:25 PM
The fact is with the whole drugging of Jack is the fact we see him die in doctor who, so there's no "oh hes gonna die". Unless they kill the whole torchwood-doctor who link.

Time can be re-written.

dbgtz
23-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Time can be re-written.

thats a bullcrap excuse

Lost_Addict
23-07-2011, 05:04 PM
When did jack die in Dr Who? I can only think of the face of boe dying but theres no gaurentee that's jack anyway, just hinted at.

Chris
23-07-2011, 05:06 PM
When did jack die in Dr Who? I can only think of the face of boe dying but theres no gaurentee that's jack anyway, just hinted at.

When he was shot by a dalek in "The Parting of the Ways" in series 1.

Lost_Addict
23-07-2011, 05:17 PM
But then he was brought back to life forever, So i'm not seeing what ties would be broken seeing as this is based after he was resurrected and therefore we dont know hist set future?

dbgtz
23-07-2011, 05:26 PM

When it shoves that fact he was called the face of boe by his friends in your face, it's hardly a hint.

Lost_Addict
23-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I've been called Big Mac and MC Mahon it doesn't mean i invented the Big Mac or if there ever will be one will become a great DJ using that name ;)

Fez
23-07-2011, 05:40 PM
thats a bullcrap excuse

Don't blame me, that's the writing trick they'd use if they called him off.

Then brought him back again.

Accipiter
27-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Not impressed by the series yet tbh

I wtf'd at the end of episode one where they just gave away the whole series.

peteyt
29-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Is it just me or is the new series padding stuff out a bit. I know Jack wants to feel stuff he hasn't felt at least in a while but when the 2 girls went to do work and he just walked off for drinks and sex, it just didn't seem like Jack, I'd expected him to be doing work. It's like they want to see how long they can drag the story on for.

Accipiter
29-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Tbf the first 3 episodes could have been 1 more action packed one, they've been boring and slow, not many dramas show you people during flight, because, it's always boring.

DPS
29-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Just isnt the same, mainly because there not in the UK.

Niall!
29-07-2011, 11:23 PM
To be fair I think people are expecting this to match up with the masterpiece that was Children of Earth which would be extremely tough to do.
Compared to seasons 1 and 2 this is much better.

Fez
30-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Captain Jack is the worst leader in the world.

Chris
30-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Really enjoyed ep 4, probably my favourite of this series so far. Seemed more action packed. :D

=Lizzy
30-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Really enjoyed ep 4, probably my favourite of this series so far. Seemed more action packed. :D

this. I've been watching all of them and i do think that was my favourite episode

Shar
30-07-2011, 02:24 PM
It was my favourite episode too :D Can't wait for next weeks

Circadia
04-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I've enjoyed the first 4 episodes and i hope next weeks is as good as it was tonight :) And I guessed that the person trying to slit Gwens throat was going to get killed before he could release any valid information but ah well!

Chris
04-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Clip from next weeks ep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00jm4j5

Accipiter
04-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Could of sworn the voice in the car was an american president, wonder if thats what it is, they could possibly know jack, seeing as he was probably the best fighter in the wars and they'd know he was immortal hmm

I have a feeling this will go back too presidency

Kaytti
04-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Could of sworn the voice in the car was an american president, wonder if thats what it is, they could possibly know jack, seeing as he was probably the best fighter in the wars and they'd know he was immortal hmm

I have a feeling this will go back too presidency

It oddly sounded like Morgan Freeman to me. Not sure why, and how it would fit :P

Chris
04-08-2011, 10:11 PM
It oddly sounded like Morgan Freeman to me. Not sure why, and how it would fit :P

I thought exactly the same thing at first, but I don't think it was him. I really wanna know whats behind the miracle after being teased by that guy who got shot. :(

Inseriousity.
04-08-2011, 10:36 PM

LOL i thought the same. it would so fit. He's played God in Bruce Almighty. Miracle Day. He's everywhere. I've cracked the case. Torchwood should hire me but I'd probably die in the first five minutes (OH WAIT I CAN'T, HIRE ME NOW).

Good episode tonight, made me wanna watch the american one so i can see next week's as well but I will wait.

Tom
04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Good episode tonight, made me wanna watch the american one so i can see next week's as well but I will wait.

[2] I really can't wait now :(

Accipiter
04-08-2011, 11:23 PM
I was thinking more Ronald Reagan

Fez
05-08-2011, 12:57 AM
So it finally picks up.

Accipiter
05-08-2011, 09:37 AM
I agree, felt it had more too it this episode, the first 3 bored the living day lights out of me and should have been compacted too one

dbgtz
05-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Only watched half of it so far, but much love for John Smith.

DPS
05-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Still not getting it ;s how did he shoot that man if people cant die? like couldnt he tell them, because he cant die?

Or was i to into playing wow and not paying my tv attention lol.

Shar
05-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Still not getting it ;s how did he shoot that man if people cant die? like couldnt he tell them, because he cant die?

The guy won't die but the pain won't go away either and he's probably in too much pain to speak or something..? :P

Chris
05-08-2011, 10:49 AM

He was shot in the throat I think, so couldn't speak.

Shar
05-08-2011, 10:56 AM
He was shot in the throat I think, so couldn't speak.
Ohh :P

When's the new torchwood out in America?

Chris
05-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Tonight in America at 10PM. Will be able to see it in the UK Saturday Morning. :D

DPS
05-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Woo cant wait :)

iBlueBox
06-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Episode 5 A lot better. shocked at the ending.

Chris
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Just finished watching it. The ending was shocking, but brilliant.

iBlueBox
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I really do hope Episode 5 Is the point what will change this series around, from the bull, slow paced story so far..

dbgtz
06-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I wanna watch the episode now, can someone link me? :L

Chris
06-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I really do hope Episode 5 Is the point what will change this series around, from the bull, slow paced story so far..

Yeah I think it's starting to pick up a bit now. The others where a bit slow.

peteyt
06-08-2011, 10:35 PM
What ever happened to UNIT. You heard in the torchwood series mentions to them in the past and obviously Martha came to Torchwood sent by them.

I'm enjoying Miracle Day, but I'm sure UNIT would be interested in this as it's the reason it was set up, well of the reasons.

Shar
06-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Ikr, I was very shocked, that was unexpected.

iBlueBox
07-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Ikr, I was very shocked, that was unexpected.

Didn't Expect Doctor Swarezes ( fail at spelling her name) To Be Sort Of Killed off xD I actually really loved her Character, one of the best in MD. I'ld LOL If they brought her back in the next episode as a corpse or just as ashes in a jar but some how conscious

Shar
07-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Didn't Expect Doctor Swarezes ( fail at spelling her name) To Be Sort Of Killed off xD I actually really loved her Character, one of the best in MD. I'ld LOL If they brought her back in the next episode as a corpse or just as ashes in a jar but some how conscious
Same, I loved her character too :( I was really surprised that the modules turned out to be ovens as well. If no one can actually die it would be weird that they can be burnt alive..it probably goes horribly wrong or something.

dbgtz
07-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Same, I loved her character too :( I was really surprised that the modules turned out to be ovens as well. If no one can actually die it would be weird that they can be burnt alive..it probably goes horribly wrong or something.

Yeah I can't imagine it going down too well, and I agree with everyone about her being killed off. But I can understand why her. I think I was more shocked at her being shot in the hand rather then her being burnt. I don't know why, but I imagined them being burnt or heavily compacted. That must be like a living hell if that was possible.

peteyt
08-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Yeah I can't imagine it going down too well, and I agree with everyone about her being killed off. But I can understand why her. I think I was more shocked at her being shot in the hand rather then her being burnt. I don't know why, but I imagined them being burnt or heavily compacted. That must be like a living hell if that was possible.

I've been trying to work out exactly what the plan is. I wonder could they get some energy from burning the bodies or something, it just seems a bit weird atm giving people the ability to live forever then rounding a load of them up but it will all come together.

Chippiewill
08-08-2011, 03:07 AM
I actually fully expected the burning, as soon as I knew the module was a separate thing I was like "THEY BURN THEM TO INCINERATE THE GERMSS!!!! cause mrsa sucks" it's a nice plot twist because it makes governments seem bad/evil for agreeing to it. Killing off the character seemed logical as her relevance had ended (Her position on the medical board was both tiresome and had ended as they started ignoring her, she's no longer needed to introduce plot details, we have enough already and her ability to do that without appearing evil by remaining on the board has expired). Also UNIT isn't involved because:

a) TORCHWOOD isn't really very Canon any more.
b) They don't want to resurrect them into the 11th doctor era.
c) I was getting kind of bored of the red beret super soldiers.

I've actually liked this entire season, but I'm a sucker for american dramatics.

peteyt
08-08-2011, 03:12 AM
I actually fully expected the burning, as soon as I knew the module was a separate thing I was like "THEY BURN THEM TO INCINERATE THE GERMSS!!!! cause mrsa sucks" it's a nice plot twist because it makes governments seem bad/evil for agreeing to it. Killing off the character seemed logical as her relevance had ended (Her position on the medical board was both tiresome and had ended as they started ignoring her, she's no longer needed to introduce plot details, we have enough already and her ability to do that without appearing evil by remaining on the board has expired). Also UNIT isn't involved because:

a) TORCHWOOD isn't really very Canon any more.
b) They don't want to resurrect them into the 11th doctor era.
c) I was getting kind of bored of the red beret super soldiers.

I've actually liked this entire season, but I'm a sucker for american dramatics.

Do you think RTD has completely cut all ties with doctor who off. My problem with a lot of Torchwood and Doctor Who at times (I'm a massive fan of the later especially the classic series) is that they keep bringing stuff in and then throwing it away only bringing it back when it suits them.

Obviously it suits The Miracle Day not to have another force like U.N.I.T around as it wouldn't be the same as it is, but I can now imagine them bringing them back at some point because they felt like it.

I think a simple line to solve stuff could help a lot.

Chippiewill
08-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Do you think RTD has completely cut all ties with doctor who off. My problem with a lot of Torchwood and Doctor Who at times (I'm a massive fan of the later especially the classic series) is that they keep bringing stuff in and then throwing it away only bringing it back when it suits them.You have to remember, MD is a Starz production primarily, it hardly makes sense to be advertising a BBC show inside a Starz show. But also Torchwood has never been really that linked to Dr Who(Besides the Rift and a couple of creatures), but Torchwood is now a VERY different show to the previous seasons. No Aliens (As of yet, and I doubt there will be really if I'm perfectly honest), no Hub, no Rift, no nothing of the old show except three characters and a show name with a slight tendency towards the supernatural. Really they could (And probably would have if they weren't relying on the show brand for viewer numbers) have just had an entirely new cast and it would have been fine, in fact the whole Gwen character will be probably be scrapped next time round just because of her accent.

peteyt
08-08-2011, 03:53 AM
You have to remember, MD is a Starz production primarily, it hardly makes sense to be advertising a BBC show inside a Starz show. But also Torchwood has never been really that linked to Dr Who(Besides the Rift and a couple of creatures), but Torchwood is now a VERY different show to the previous seasons. No Aliens (As of yet, and I doubt there will be really if I'm perfectly honest), no Hub, no Rift, no nothing of the old show except three characters and a show name with a slight tendency towards the supernatural. Really they could (And probably would have if they weren't relying on the show brand for viewer numbers) have just had an entirely new cast and it would have been fine, in fact the whole Gwen character will be probably be scrapped next time round just because of her accent.

And that's what I hate about it. I'm glad it hasn't turned back into series 1 and 2, but Children of Earth was great. As you mentioned there's nothing really from Torchwood. America loves to get their hands on our shows and ruin them.

Don't get me wrong its turning okay, but it would be better with a different name because it isn't really what torchwood is or at least was. I don't mind a bit of change but I can imagine like you said Gwen being removed and it being just a standard sc-fi. If Gwen did get removed I could imagine a lot of the UK fan base getting annoyed.

I just hope as there's been no Doctor Who stuff in it it stays that way but part of me could imagine RTD pulling stuff in when he felt like it only to just throw it away again.

dbgtz
08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
SPOILER
phicorp (or however it is spelt) is run by the doctor as jack says "its bigger on the inside". REVELATIONS!!!!! paha no, I'm joking of course and that is probably a little joke at best, along with the whole "John Smith" thing.

Chris
08-08-2011, 01:10 PM
You have to remember, MD is a Starz production primarily, it hardly makes sense to be advertising a BBC show inside a Starz show. But also Torchwood has never been really that linked to Dr Who(Besides the Rift and a couple of creatures), but Torchwood is now a VERY different show to the previous seasons. No Aliens (As of yet, and I doubt there will be really if I'm perfectly honest), no Hub, no Rift, no nothing of the old show except three characters and a show name with a slight tendency towards the supernatural. Really they could (And probably would have if they weren't relying on the show brand for viewer numbers) have just had an entirely new cast and it would have been fine, in fact the whole Gwen character will be probably be scrapped next time round just because of her accent.

Thats true. Its not the same show any more, all they've done is slapped the name torchwood on the front. I much preferred the first 2 series to both children of earth and miracle day but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

iBlueBox
08-08-2011, 01:39 PM

Aliens will be in this Series, Official writer for an episode gave the name away on who was designing the aliens.

RTD stated the rift in time was closed by the cracks in an interview.

Also, to be honest, Miracle Day has been the worst Torchwood series so far, If you look at the ratings the BBC ones have been dropping down, lat episode only got something like I think it was either 3.9 Million or only 4.9 Million the ratings are doing far worst compared to Children of Earth what in my mind, was how Torchwood should and works best.

The thing about Miracle Day is that it's not gripping as a big story at the end of episodes it's aired once a week, Where Children of Earth was aired, once a day in one week space what was gripping at the end of episodes and got very high ratings.

dbgtz
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Aliens will be in this Series, Official writer for an episode gave the name away on who was designing the aliens.

RTD stated the rift in time was closed by the cracks in an interview.

Also, to be honest, Miracle Day has been the worst Torchwood series so far, If you look at the ratings the BBC ones have been dropping down, lat episode only got something like I think it was either 3.9 Million or only 4.9 Million the ratings are doing far worst compared to Children of Earth what in my mind, was how Torchwood should and works best.

The thing about Miracle Day is that it's not gripping as a big story at the end of episodes it's aired once a week, Where Children of Earth was aired, once a day in one week space what was gripping at the end of episodes and got very high ratings.

Some of those ratings could be how we get a week later and people are watching it online now, I know I only just started wathcing it online. Miracle day is a pretty good concept, just executed badly. It's not Torchwood, it's just a television show with Torchwood put into it. Jack and Gwen could have easily been replaced with two different people of a very hidden organisation or something along that lines. Along with that, it's too long and really didn't need all the sub stories (as far as it has come now anyway). So far it doesn't look like we needed to see the guys dad, the womans sister and the whole plane bit really didn't need to be that long. To be honest, they will probably only appear at the end in a "YAY, WE SAVED DA WURLD!!!". Infact with the guy, I can imagine him dieing at the end with his dad conviniently near and they kiss and make up before he dies.

Oh also, I think I said this before. But those doctor who-esque TV reports really annoy me as they don't ever show around the world and make it seem like the problem is just for the USA and that they'll fix it ("like they always do"). I mean, it could have proven really powerful in countries where there is high death rates and there the "dead" people lieing by the sides of roads. And it would have at least made sense to include a English/Welsh one, considering it's partially in the UK and on of the main characters is Welsh.

peteyt
08-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Thats true. Its not the same show any more, all they've done is slapped the name torchwood on the front. I much preferred the first 2 series to both children of earth and miracle day but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

Lol I thought series 1 and 2 where the problem with Torchwood. It had some good moments but it relied too much on comedy, sex and all that. Imagine a really tense moment that could be ruined by someone shouting something like flappy ****. I just found it wanted to be an adult show but turned into a teen show. Skins in space.

The problem with Miracle day as pointed out is it simply isn't Torchwood. Feels at times like 24 with sc-fi/aliens to me. I really wish they'd done another children of earth thing well at least something In wales, that was based on Torchwood and tried to keep it true to what we last saw.

As also mentioned there often isn't cliff hangers. We never see someone put in danger and think oh crap we got to wait for another week to find out what happens. The first 3 episodes dragged, as mentioned the plane scene was long and while the world is screwed we still get to see an unnecessary bar/sex scene. I'm straight but have nothing against gays but I felt the gay scene was put there simply because it's RTD and he loves to keep reminding the world he is gay.

Accipiter
08-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Wonder how well the gay army person couple went down in america

Russel T Davies still doesn't half like flashing the fact, I expected the burners because really, what else can you do to control populations, could feed them to the fishies maybe.

dbgtz
08-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Wonder how well the gay army person couple went down in america

Russel T Davies still doesn't half like flashing the fact, I expected the burners because really, what else can you do to control populations, could feed them to the fishies maybe.

It would make more sense, but I really don't understand if someone is completely oblitterated, how could they still be concious... would they just be a invisible? :S I guess that's why they call it a scifi.

Also I just watched the children of earth finale for the first time ever (I wasn't really into torchwood back then) and it made me shiver quite a few times. It was actually brilliant.

Accipiter
08-08-2011, 08:50 PM
That's probably the same line of thought they're going for, I was thinking more putting them inside the large hadron collider and literally obliterating every atom, that should finally kill them!

Fez
08-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Just thank god it isn't as bad as old Torchwood, but still, this had so much promise.

Accipiter
08-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Those monsters in ******* boiler suits got on my **** in the old series LMFAO THEY WERE SO ANNOYING

I'd laugh if it call came down to The Silence

Chippiewill
09-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Those monsters in ******* boiler suits got on my **** in the old series LMFAO THEY WERE SO ANNOYING
I loved those monsters to bits.

Just thank god it isn't as bad as old Torchwood, but still, this had so much promise.
I'll just pretend you didn't say that.

but I really don't understand if someone is completely oblitterated, how could they still be concious... would they just be a invisible? I guess that's why they call it a scifi.
""This miracle - it's more than people surviving. They are so alive. You saw Lynn, that woman at the airport. She should have been paralysed but she just kept on going. It's as if some thing is willing them to go on. Each and every individual forced into life""

Fez
09-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I'll just pretend you didn't say that.

I of course mean Series 1/2.

iBlueBox
09-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I really miss the old Torchwood Hub, it was one sexy set.

I know'n it was took down because Matt Smith's TARDIS is now located where the hub is, But I wonder what happened to all the pieces used to make the hub.

Accipiter
09-08-2011, 03:52 PM
I liked the hub too, kinda miss it now :(

Im kinda glad a lot of the old characters died though tbf

peteyt
09-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I really miss the old Torchwood Hub, it was one sexy set.

I know'n it was took down because Matt Smith's TARDIS is now located where the hub is, But I wonder what happened to all the pieces used to make the hub.

I wasn't that keen on the hub myself. It was a bit too over the top for me. Torchwood was described as real people doing a real job when it first was coming out and so I always expected something simple and not over the top as in something you could imagine to be real. Not an underground thing like that with a pterodactyl ha

Fez
11-08-2011, 11:32 PM
So it finally kicked into gear for good.

CrazyLemurs
11-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Watches today's episode and I'm disappointed at they're dragging it on so much. And the San Pedro (not sure if that was the exact name) leader Colin (not sure if that was his name either) is disgusting, leaving Vera to burn after HE shot her. And the previews show him torturing Rex's impalement wound and physically grappling Esther. And who jumped off the skyscraper? I have a feeling it was Jack, but it could've beena anyone. Oswald seems likely to me. I also heard America get the screening before the UK (which is silly for a British show). If you have seen it, who did jump off?

Accipiter
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
What is this, I dont even.

Jack and Esther jumped out of a 2nd floor window I think, not a literal sky scraper, and landed in a fountain

Stephen
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
nooo in the preview for next episode someone jumps off a building

DPS
12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
What times it shown in america? i wanna watch it lol.

Chris
13-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Episode 6 did not disappoint, the series is finally getting started. :D

DPS
13-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Episode 6 did not disappoint, the series is finally getting started. :D

Yeah i've just watched it, But as you know at the ending i wont say what happen. But yeah i dont want nothing to happen to "You Know Who" LOL i wont name him.

Chippiewill
13-08-2011, 05:02 PM
No Oswald Danes in this episode :(, he made it so much more interesting. The dumb soldier is really funny imo

the.games
13-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Already been watching it. It is FANTASTIC.
Its a shame it is going to end:(
I liked it when it was continuing and didn't end :)

peteyt
14-08-2011, 04:01 AM
The trailer for Immortal Sins shows 1927 according to the permit. I've heard rumours its either a flash back or the use of the vortex manipulator

DPS
14-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Already been watching it. It is FANTASTIC.
Its a shame it is going to end:(
I liked it when it was continuing and didn't end :)

It wont end of good, its like doctor who, it will always come back aslong as the fans want it.

Inseriousity.
14-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh I have to be careful in this thread lol, im watching at UK pace. MUST AVOID SPOILERS.

Anyway, I enjoy the storyline and it's interesting but there is so much filler because of the 10 episodes that it is a shame it's took til episode 5 for it to really start kicking in.

Fez
18-08-2011, 11:50 PM
If it's all built around Jack then... does that mean he has to die?

peteyt
19-08-2011, 04:57 AM

It's kind of annoying its always about Jack lately.

DPS
19-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Nah i dont think they would kill Jack, if they did torchwood would die, and it wouldnt be the same.

Fez
19-08-2011, 03:27 PM
It's kind of annoying its always about Jack lately.

I think it's (somewhat annoyingly) all around Rex/Oswald for the last 6 episodes and now it's time to throw the focus on the deux ex machina that is Jack Harkness.

peteyt
19-08-2011, 03:44 PM
I think it's (somewhat annoyingly) all around Rex/Oswald for the last 6 episodes and now it's time to throw the focus on the deux ex machina that is Jack Harkness.

It was a bit annoying when Jack at times seemed to disappear. I just think it would be nice to meet an alien race, bad people or whatever that Jack hadn't crossed paths with, then you have the mystery of trying to work out who they are what we want. It just reminds me of Children of Earth and being RTD I wouldn't be surprised if we had something very similar.

Gwen - "You did this?"
Jack - "We didn't know their names bla bla"

Inseriousity.
19-08-2011, 04:20 PM
why wouldnt jack be involved? if hes gonna do a story where aliens have been on earth before it makes sense that jack would've likely seen them seen as he lives for hundreds of years!!

Alright episode. I liked the whole 'call yourself a doctor, shame on you' stuff but the crazy boss seemed fake...

Accipiter
19-08-2011, 04:34 PM
When will the american episode be up online?

Chris
19-08-2011, 04:38 PM
When will the american episode be up online?

Late tonight or early morning for the UK. I'll watch it tomorrow at some point. :)

betheh
19-08-2011, 04:39 PM
omg torchwood is ace!

Fez
19-08-2011, 05:43 PM
It was a bit annoying when Jack at times seemed to disappear. I just think it would be nice to meet an alien race, bad people or whatever that Jack hadn't crossed paths with, then you have the mystery of trying to work out who they are what we want. It just reminds me of Children of Earth and being RTD I wouldn't be surprised if we had something very similar.

Gwen - "You did this?"
Jack - "We didn't know their names bla bla"

Well the preview of the next episode is a WWII flashback so it's obvious Jack is involved.

DPS
20-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Just about to download it on TPB :P cant wait tbh!

DPS
20-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Eugh... kids if your planning to watch it dont lol.

Gay Sex... lol

DPS
20-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Sorry for the triple post!

I understand episode 7 now omg cant wait till next saturday!

Accipiter
20-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I hope its not just jack has to die for all to be good :l

DPS
20-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I hope its not just jack has to die for all to be good :l

Im sure that isnt going to happen now, when you watch episode 7, at the end you will kinda see what happens, but episode 7 is the key to it all.

dbgtz
20-08-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm wondering how the guy from 1929 (I think that was the date) is still alive... I'm guessing we see more flashbacks next episode explaining what he did and stuff. I guess he must find something which links him to aliens who do this, and maybe the motive was to live forever with jack but he screws it up badly.

Accipiter
20-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm wondering how the guy from 1929 (I think that was the date) is still alive... I'm guessing we see more flashbacks next episode explaining what he did and stuff. I guess he must find something which links him to aliens who do this, and maybe the motive was to live forever with jack but he screws it up badly.

Just watched it and i'm guessing

The blood that the old wifey took in a vile will have a lot to do with it, manifested maybe and used to make angelo live for, if not forever atleast an extended life time. The series has finally taken a good turn I thoroughly enjoyed that episode minus ofc the gay scenes, RTD does my nut in!!! And I liked the mention of the doctor!

Chris
20-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Best episode so far, it's all making sense now! :D

peteyt
21-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Enjoyed most of the episode and this is what I think

Jack's blood has a huge part to play - as soon as they took it I thought that's got to be how they do the Miracle. It would make sense

The 3 people might have not have came for Jack but instead the Blood or maybe both and are involved today. I kind of half expected them 3 men to come out of the car near the end.

However I'm not sure about the guy Jack was involved with (forgot the name. He's obviously involved but I'm not sure what side. The people who tried to kill Jack earlier wanted him dead, but it appears this guy wants to at least see him again. Makes me wonder if there are two parties involved?

The guy who took Jack mentioned taking something. Could have been the guy's love or could have been the thing they killed earlier or even the fact that Jack escaped when the group of people had bought him - so they owned him and lost him

Kaytti
25-08-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm kinda sick of seeing Jack bumping uglies. On a brighter note, nice to know Gwen's family is ok.

DPS
25-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Woop next episode on saturday :)

Chippiewill
27-08-2011, 09:11 AM
My Theory is next episode; Jack dies and then they place him on the null field so he's immortal again... comes back to life again yaddayadda

DPS
27-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Going to download it now!

DPS
27-08-2011, 03:02 PM
So where is doctor who when this is all going on? as he comes back to earth when something happens here... lol storyline is just stupid now :(

Chris
27-08-2011, 03:11 PM
My Theory is next episode; Jack dies and then they place him on the null field so he's immortal again... comes back to life again yaddayadda

Never thought of that, good point. :P

So where is doctor who when this is all going on? as he comes back to earth when something happens here... lol storyline is just stupid now :(

Do we know what episodes he's on earth though? By that time the miracle will probably be over. xD

DPS
27-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Never thought of that, good point. :P

Do we know what episodes he's on earth though? By that time the miracle will probably be over. xD

True but hes always back when something kicks off on earth, probs just doesnt like americans ;] lol

Chippiewill
27-08-2011, 03:33 PM

Torchwood is effectively being treated as non-canon now as all production is basically separated e.g. all filming and production in america etc. I doubt torchwood and doctor who will never cross paths again or not for a few years.

Accipiter
27-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Send out a distress call, the tardis will soon arrive!

Inseriousity.
27-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Or for a more in-universe answer, the Doctor has all of time and space to explore. It'd be more likely that he wouldn't be there than he would be. As our dear old Prime Minister, Harriet Jones, once said the Doctor won't always be around! ;)

Fez
02-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Seems it's kicking itself into finale mode.

Me likey.

DPS
02-09-2011, 07:18 PM
What time in the US is it on air? and like what time would that be in UK?

DPS
03-09-2011, 08:24 AM
I love saturday mornings!

TPB now has the new TW online :)

DPS
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Whos that watching Gwen? in the house over the road. Also this episode goes 2 months ahead!

Jack and The american, are in Scotland? lol

I love Rex! hes doing a great job atm :P

Think there ganna kill that red head, at the "Blessing" LOL

WTF AT THE PAEDO IN GWENS HOUSE!

DPS
03-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Sorry for the x3 Post i cant edit, this has been one of the best episodes found out alot in this, and its sad :(

The Blessing is a something, not a what :P
OMG AT JACKS BLOOD MOVING ON THE FLOOR, GOING TOWARDS THE BLESSINS LOCATION!!! CANNOT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK

Circadia
08-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Well that was interesting :L
I cried at the bit when they took away Gwens father :'(
And what is the blessing to me it looks like some sort of blood vessel :L

DPS
09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Man you should try watching it on TPB well getting it off there, week before its out in UK, cant wait for it to be uploaded tomorrow morning !!

DPS
09-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Also last one tomorrow? ;o

Stephen
09-09-2011, 03:59 PM
i got bored halfway but last night I watched all the ones I missed and I'm well excited for the finale :dance:

Chris
09-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Also last one tomorrow? ;o

I know :'(

I'm really excited for it though, this series has turned out pretty good. :D

Accipiter
09-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Can't say the series has thrilled me yet, it's not like old torchwood, even if it was a bit OTT, it's more like CSI

peteyt
09-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Interestingly we aren't 100 percent sure currently who is behind the miracle and I heard someone mentioning aliens could be.

Some people think it has something to do with an alien race contacting the church, the Vatican (remember the blessing was first mentioned in Italy).

Someone pointed out the possible significance of the triangle. I've often wondered what it was. Could this actually represent the Trinity of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

Accipiter
09-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Interestingly we aren't 100 percent sure currently who is behind the miracle and I heard someone mentioning aliens could be.

Some people think it has something to do with an alien race contacting the church, the Vatican (remember the blessing was first mentioned in Italy).

Someone pointed out the possible significance of the triangle. I've often wondered what it was. Could this actually represent the Trinity of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

I believe the triangle represents the 3 people who bought Jack or Jacks blood in that basement, each point is each of them, what was it again (Media, Politics & something else)

Fez
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I believe the triangle represents the 3 people who bought Jack or Jacks blood in that basement, each point is each of them, what was it again (Media, Politics & something else)

When they made 'the agreement' they all put their arms into a triangle shape.

As for the show: I like where this is going.

CrazyLemurs
09-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Well, I'm kind of END ALREADY! It's been 9 hours of TV that contained about 3 and a half hours of uselessness. I still love Ms Intern Shawnie Yamaguchi, from the CIA. Shame that **** from the families shot her :(
Just watched the 9th episode and is the blessing thing supposed to be sucking lots of things in? It looks like a giant tongue with a hole in to me...

Stephen
09-09-2011, 06:16 PM
thanks for the spoiler coughcough

I'm looking forward to finding out who the "creator" is or whatever. It feels weird watching torchwood and the only alien we've seen is that parasite thing which was a memory!!111

dbgtz
09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Does anyone else find it weird how the hole is going straight through the earth, therefore must be on the ground, but they're able to build a structure and somehow stand on it, and not fall through? I can't remember if they said there was a reason for this, unless it doesn't do a straight line but then why would it be on opposite ends of the earth exactly? Also I now just realised why that guy "killed" himself by jumping off the roof.

DPS
09-09-2011, 07:19 PM
I just dont see how they can end the story in one hour long episode lol.
Going to be hard.

Ardemax
09-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Whens the last one on?

Also sorry to jump late on this whole bandwagon thing but this series has been pretty EPIC in my eyes.

One of the best imo, like a good story and I don't know, there's something about it which has kept me watching it, catching up on it, more than any previous torchwood episodes.

DPS
09-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Whens the last one on?

Also sorry to jump late on this whole bandwagon thing but this series has been pretty EPIC in my eyes.

One of the best imo, like a good story and I don't know, there's something about it which has kept me watching it, catching up on it, more than any previous torchwood episodes.

It airs in the US tonight, will be on TPB by 8am tomorrow.

peteyt
10-09-2011, 04:31 AM
Whens the last one on?

Sadly I have to disagree.

It got okay near the end. But a lot of episodes seem to be just filler. There's quite a few questions remaining and only one episode left to answer them.

I do hope they actually explain not only who's behind it but why, because I think there's a hidden motive that isn't as simple as people wanting to live.

DPS
10-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Watching the final episode now.

For anyone that doesnt wanna download link below.

http://watchseries.eu/episode/torchwood_s4_e10-109209.html

---------- Post added 10-09-2011 at 09:41 AM ----------

Jack keeps saying hes from the future? but isnt he from the past? ;s

DPS
10-09-2011, 09:21 AM
R.I.P JACK / REX / ESTHER :(

But even if jack did put all his blood into the blessing... he cant die!

REX ISNT DEAD! well yet he could die.

JACKS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

Danes kills the mega ***** whos part of the familys LOL

Esther really does die :( Rex lives.

Torchwood is coming back... you will see at the end, jeeze these people dont give up!!!!! That was plan a ;/

---------- Post added 10-09-2011 at 10:24 AM ----------

BEST ONE YET > Rex is shot at the end by charlotte, but comes back to life how Jack does! "You world war 2 what did you do to me" to jack LOLOLOLOLOLO

Accipiter
10-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Watching the final episode now.

For anyone that doesnt wanna download link below.

http://watchseries.eu/episode/torchwood_s4_e10-109209.html

---------- Post added 10-09-2011 at 09:41 AM ----------

Jack keeps saying hes from the future? but isnt he from the past? ;s

He was a worker on Satalite 5 in the future I believe

Well the finale did pay up for the very very slow start, and the depth of character made if all that more emotional, which is probably why all those episodes seemed slow, they where more character based to make the eneding more emotional.

I'm sad to see esther leave, an esther / rex relationship would have created good story lines.

For the Plan B I have a feeling it will be something to do with the Null Field, really, they wasted all their time on the ****** blessing when that Null Field could have done their job in seconds.

Gwen, the creator of death.

dbgtz
10-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Loved the ending, loved the small doctor who reference, however the set up to another series was poor.

Ardemax
10-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Wait what, the final torchwood episode has been and gone?

I thought it aired next thursday? :S

Accipiter
10-09-2011, 11:31 AM
America get it 1 week early

DPS
10-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Yup i need tell him that last night :P dont look like he lookd

Accipiter
10-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Kinda going to miss it really, but I think BBC3 Has been hinting towards Being Human returning :S

Chris
10-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Great episode, looks like we could get another series!. :D

Stephen
10-09-2011, 01:43 PM
will be watching it in a minute *must resist opening spoilers*

DPS
10-09-2011, 03:42 PM
was already revealed on there fb last night, there will be another series js

Stephen
10-09-2011, 04:12 PM
That was a great ending!! I love that guy that goes to the bench, he's got a creepy cool awesomeness to him for some reason

simplymagic
10-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Best episode out of them all!! The first half of the series was very bland but this was brilliant. Only look @ spoiler box if you have seen episode 10

Poor ester. I hope she comes back to life/not dead somehow. I'm not sure if rex becommming immortal is a good thing or not. Also does this mean all those who change their blood into jack's like rex become immortal too?

Stephen
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Best episode out of them all!! The first half of the series was very bland but this was brilliant. Only look @ spoiler box if you have seen episode 10

Poor ester. I hope she comes back to life/not dead somehow. I'm not sure if rex becommming immortal is a good thing or not. Also does this mean all those who change their blood into jack's like rex become immortal too?

Tbh I don't think so. I think he might of only become immortal because the blood from his body went into the blessing along with jack's so the blessing did it to him when everyone became mortal again. Don't think it could be done again unless they made everyone immortal again then got another person with jack's blood to do the same thing

Kaytti
12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Kinda going to miss it really, but I think BBC3 Has been hinting towards Being Human returning :S

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love being human!

Accipiter
12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love being human!

Just read an article online, sounds like it'll be returning early next year :(

No idea what the score with the BBC Three logo being slashed is then!

OHHHHH, It might be something to do with that "The Fades" programme

peteyt
13-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Was I the only one slightly disappointed?

I enjoyed most of it but I'm sick of the Jack's going to die stuff and then he survives. It's hard to do stuff like that with a man who usually can't die

But my main problem is as followed

Russell T Davis said in a video interview, he didn't want to do a lost thing (and kind of stepen moffat thing - he wanted to tell a series that answered everything and didn't need another season. But judging the ending it looks like the family hasn't been fully explored/revealed and they have a plan b. So we don't really know much about the family and it feels like to me we are back to square one.

beth
15-09-2011, 08:58 PM
ahhhhh i loved it. i thought though it started pretty slowly the last 4-5 episodes were really gripping. love the possibilities we now have with rex (love his character) but i am confused about the family and who they were. looking forward to the next series though. apart from a couple of slow episodes, i've enjoyed the american mix.

Lost_Addict
15-09-2011, 09:06 PM
The reason rex lived is because he had a full blood transfusion from jack (if they tried that now on someone else a full blood transfusion would kill them) and so Rex and Jack were the only 2 people mortal when the morphic field changed back hence making them the only 2 immortal. :)

Inseriousity.
15-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Urgh hated that conclusion.

"No... it needs to happen on both sides of the world"
Rex and Esther look at each other, gleefully.
"ISNT IT ABSOLUTELY BLOODY LUCKY THAT EVEN THOUGH WE DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT WAS GOING ON, I HAD A BLOOD TRANSFUSION... just in case"

peteyt
15-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Urgh hated that conclusion.

"No... it needs to happen on both sides of the world"
Rex and Esther look at each other, gleefully.
"ISNT IT ABSOLUTELY BLOODY LUCKY THAT EVEN THOUGH WE DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT WAS GOING ON, I HAD A BLOOD TRANSFUSION... just in case"

Not to mention the massive flaw that apparently its not his blood that has the power. Or did they decide to just change it?

Fez
16-09-2011, 06:41 PM
SPOILERS FOR THOSE STILL IPLAYERING:

I'll be writing up my full thoughts on this and Doctor Who Series 6 in the next few weeks when the latter comes to an end.

Miracle Day has been very, very wishy washy and inconsistent all the way through. This has felt more of an American trial series rather than something we can all enjoy, a pilot series if you will, and quite frankly it doesn't suit Torchwood. Children of Earth was so good because it was paced so well: zero filler. With Miracle Day it seems like it's "How much character development can we cram into one episode." so we're left with barely any of them moving or changing. The way Jack cheats death seems to belittle the audience's expectations and emotional investment, rather than maintain the sustainment of disbelief, it gives in. Davies killed Ianto back in Children of Earth and stuck with it, for that I will always respect him, and I thought he learned his lesson of not giving in. If you want to kill Jack off, kill Jack off, don't just retcon something with another LOST type plot thread. The show is beginning to feel a lot like Moffat's Who with its ************ of you into watching all the episodes so you know what is going on, rather than enjoying each episode in its story. I know that this format demands one cohesive narrative, but everything needs breathing room and 'teasing' should slot in RIGHT at the end rather than try and tie everything up then untie it all so you can make another series.

It was worse than I thought it would be, but not Torchwood Series 1/2 bad thank God. No 'mature' stories, but 'adult' ones. Of all the characters who surprised me, Oswald's character was certainly the most interesting. I didn't take a real shine to anyone else: Esther's family were played for emotional blackmail and it didn't work for me, Rex's actor really can't act in a ensemble cast, Kitzinger is fit as **** but I don't feel a particular liking for her either.

We'll see where it goes, but for the most part, Miracle Day is a failed experiment. Back to England. Please.

peteyt
17-09-2011, 03:35 AM
SPOILERS FOR THOSE STILL IPLAYERING:

I'll be writing up my full thoughts on this and Doctor Who Series 6 in the next few weeks when the latter comes to an end.

Miracle Day has been very, very wishy washy and inconsistent all the way through. This has felt more of an American trial series rather than something we can all enjoy, a pilot series if you will, and quite frankly it doesn't suit Torchwood. Children of Earth was so good because it was paced so well: zero filler. With Miracle Day it seems like it's "How much character development can we cram into one episode." so we're left with barely any of them moving or changing. The way Jack cheats death seems to belittle the audience's expectations and emotional investment, rather than maintain the sustainment of disbelief, it gives in. Davies killed Ianto back in Children of Earth and stuck with it, for that I will always respect him, and I thought he learned his lesson of not giving in. If you want to kill Jack off, kill Jack off, don't just retcon something with another LOST type plot thread. The show is beginning to feel a lot like Moffat's Who with its ************ of you into watching all the episodes so you know what is going on, rather than enjoying each episode in its story. I know that this format demands one cohesive narrative, but everything needs breathing room and 'teasing' should slot in RIGHT at the end rather than try and tie everything up then untie it all so you can make another series.

It was worse than I thought it would be, but not Torchwood Series 1/2 bad thank God. No 'mature' stories, but 'adult' ones. Of all the characters who surprised me, Oswald's character was certainly the most interesting. I didn't take a real shine to anyone else: Esther's family were played for emotional blackmail and it didn't work for me, Rex's actor really can't act in a ensemble cast, Kitzinger is fit as **** but I don't feel a particular liking for her either.

We'll see where it goes, but for the most part, Miracle Day is a failed experiment. Back to England. Please.

For once I agree with every word you have said lmao.

Torchwood series 1 and 2 was a mess, a teen series trying to pretend to be an adult series. Children of Earth is what Torchwood should have been. But it seems it may have went to Russell T Davies's head and he moved to America to try and top it.

I liked the actual idea, It just wasn't put across properly. I'd have liked to see a bit more of the chaos it brought but as the problem got worse they seemed to go more to the group and not showing enough of how much problems the miracle was causing outside the group in my opinion. It is interesting that in a video interview RTD stated the series wouldn't be a lost type and while he liked Lost, he wanted everything resolved in the series, in a series that dragged, we didn't really learn enough.

At least Doctor Who has stuff in between, the stand alone episodes, that work and entertain, well some (pirate episode was pretty bad but the doctors wife was amazing in my opinion).

Fez
17-09-2011, 02:52 PM
At least Doctor Who has stuff in between, the stand alone episodes, that work and entertain, well some (pirate episode was pretty bad but the doctors wife was amazing in my opinion).

Exactly, like one massive role reversal from Moffat and Davies.

I enjoyed the Pirate episode but I doubt anyone got anything from it. The Doctor's Wife is my favourite episode of the series.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!