PDA

View Full Version : (Google Chrome) How Do I Disable...

Marbian
02-07-2011, 08:45 PM
How do I disable the loading bar at the bottom left corner of the screen? As shown below.

http://www.magicupload.net/u/ee1309639281.jpeg

I'm finding it annoying, and there must be a way to remove it. Thanks to anyone that try's to help!

Jack!
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
How do I disable the loading bar at the bottom left corner of the screen? As shown below.

http://www.magicupload.net/u/ee1309639281.jpeg

I'm finding it annoying, and there must be a way to remove it. Thanks to anyone that try's to help!

trust me, you want that.

When you hover over a link it shows you where it actually goes, what its loading, and everything, you want it, it only takes up like, half a centimeter.

Marbian
02-07-2011, 08:57 PM
But I don't want it. That's why I've made this thread.

Jack!
02-07-2011, 09:02 PM
But I don't want it. That's why I've made this thread.

Why not, its half a centimeter high at the most, and very helpful.

Marbian
02-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Because I don't read it, which doesn't make it helpful for me. And I want it removed because it's distracting everytime it pops up.. A black box on a white page.. Get me?

Luke
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Well change your theme? You can't get rid of it, because you're not meant to. It's the status bar. It only pops up when you hover over a link or a page is loading.. No one else complains.. If it's 'obstructing' then you must have a really small screen resolution.?

Marbian
02-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Luke, you sound really melodramatic. I'm not making a fuss over it thinking it's a huge problem. Everyone has a personal touch to things, and me... I'd prefer if it didn't show. If you don't know how to stop it, then just don't post.

And if I was to have a small screen resoulation, what would be a problem with that? But no, I don't. Again, it's just a thing that I would prefer if it wasn't to show. Which is why I made this post so if someone does know.

Luke
02-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm making a point - they wouldn't put it in the browser if you didn't need it. It's an essential piece, and you cannot remove it.

I don't know how to stop it, because you can't.

/Thread.

Marbian
02-07-2011, 09:23 PM
If I don't read it, then, "I" Don't need it. God, you're so dramatic. It's not proving a point at all, if you don't know how then fair enough dude, but you don't. I wouldn't be asking if I knew that you couldn't!

Agnostic Bear
02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
2 things:
1) You can't turn it off afaik
2) Upgrade to Windows 7.

Recursion
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
You can't turn it off. As others have said you wouldn't want it off anyway, it tells you where links really go and gives you general status information when viewing sites.

Marbian
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Even looking at my posts my self, I'll point out for the 3rd time that I don't read it anyway, so it wouldn't matter. But okay with not being able to. It's most likely possibly, but this is Habbox so ya'no.

Agnostic Bear
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
It is not possible at all. I know this.

Luke
02-07-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=7f13ff6dad54d9c2&hl=en
Further proof. Maybe switch browsers? loljk. Firefox also does this.

Recursion
02-07-2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=7f13ff6dad54d9c2&hl=en
Further proof. Maybe switch browsers? loljk. Firefox also does this.

Even Internet Explorer shows one!

Luke
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Oh the shame.

Marbian
02-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm laughing in real how you guys don't even know I wouldn't of made this thread if I knew that it wasn't possible.

Angel-Light
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm laughing in real how you guys don't even know I wouldn't of made this thread if I knew that it wasn't possible.

If you know it was possible then why create the thread? Surely you must know how to change it? Also it cannot be disabled

Marbian
02-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Wow what is wrong with this forum today? I wouldn't of made this thread if I knew it wasn't possible, meaning, I don't know if it's possible or not, so I've made a thread to ask about it... are you seriously real? :L

xxMATTGxx
02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Why would you even want to get rid of such a thing, do you like clicking links you see without checking them?

Marbian
02-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I've already answered that one too Matt. Wow... :L But mind knowing I answered that one... Saying it's annoying me in the first post should show you that I don't use it/read it, which is why I want it removed.

xxMATTGxx
02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I've already answered that one too Matt. Wow... :L But mind knowing I answered that one... Saying it's annoying me in the first post should show you that I don't use it/read it, which is why I want it removed.

You don't use it so you do click links without checking them then? So I could just hyperlink http://google.com (www.bbc.co.uk) to a bad website and then you are doomed?

Marbian
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Obviously on trusted sites, no. This isn't a interview thread, if you don't know then leave it.. considering the threads already bean answered to.

xxMATTGxx
02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Obviously on trusted sites, no. This isn't a interview thread, if you don't know then leave it.. considering the threads already bean answered to.

Is HabboxForum one of your trusted sites? Just wondering because whatever site you may count as "trusted" doesn't mean all the links are going to what you think they are going to ;)

Chippiewill
02-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I really think we shouldn't be flaming someone for being as silly as to want to disable one of the key parts of the web browser which provides many security and convenience benefits, who on earth would want something as useful and beneficial as that, what a psycho eh?

Seriously, some things:

a) Google simplifies everything on Chrome --> aka, no choice
b) No
c) You're being silly and asking for something which I wouldn't provide you with anyway because it's so silly, pointless and reckless
d) no
e) ???
f) Still no
g) Profit

Marbian
02-07-2011, 10:18 PM
www.bbc.co.uk (www.google.co.uk) well, i never knew that was possible :L LMAO. screw you man lol xD

xxMATTGxx
02-07-2011, 10:20 PM
www.bbc.co.uk (www.google.co.uk) well, i never knew that was possible :L LMAO. screw you man lol xD

Will this make you use it now?

Marbian
02-07-2011, 10:21 PM
I really think we shouldn't be flaming someone for being as silly as to want to disable one of the key parts of the web browser which provides many security and convenience benefits, who on earth would want something as useful and beneficial as that, what a psycho eh?

Seriously, some things:

a) Google simplifies everything on Chrome --> aka, no choice
b) No
c) You're being silly and asking for something which I wouldn't provide you with anyway because it's so silly, pointless and reckless
d) no
e) ???
f) Still no
g) Profit

*REMOVED* This has already been answered. It would of been my personal choice turning it off if it was possible to do so. Not yours, so what I do, is **** all to do with you. So don't be such a rude ***** all your life.

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 11:21 PM ----------

Will this make you use it now?

hmm dunno... i've never seen my self use it before i don't think i'll remember to ;p

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude!

Chippiewill
02-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Piss off? This has already been answered. It would of been my personal choice turning it off if it was possible to do so. Not yours, so what I do, is **** all to do with you. So don't be such a rude ***** all your life. and I'm not a hyprocrite because I'm being, 'rude' back.

It's not your choice to ruin the internet for me by getting a virus and joining a botnet and then DDOSing websites that I like.

Marbian
02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Well I could do that anyway if I don't read it anyway, right? There you go. This thread was made to find out if I could do it, for my personal touch of Chrome. Obviously, I can't... Stop being so melodramatic, you're making me look like a drama queen because of your selfinish of being rude to others to something so small.

David
02-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Apparently kiosk mode doesn't show it? Not sure though:)

But it's highly recommended you use it for security reasons.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!