PDA

View Full Version : College Interview

Homosexual
03-07-2011, 12:34 PM
I got a letter through the post on the 30th June and it invites me to an interview with a course tutor on the 6th July.

The letter says please bring:

Exam certificates
Record of achievement
Portfolios (for Art and Design)
Work Experience or Day Care Centre Reports
Proof of your date of birth and this letter

I've just finished year eleven and don't have any exam certificates, so what should I do about that? What are record of achievements? I'm not worrying about Portfolios since I'm not doing Art and Design, I don't have a Work Experience report?

For the proof of my d.o.b, will a passport suffice?

Also, what sort of stuff do they ask you?

Ta
x

Shar
03-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't worry about the exam certificates, take your latest report with you and I'm sure taking a copy of your passport will be fine. :)

Homosexual
03-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't worry about the exam certificates, take your latest report with you and I'm sure taking a copy of your passport will be fine. :)

I don't have any reports? I didn't keep them.. lol, awkward

Shar
03-07-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't have any reports? I didn't keep them.. lol, awkward

ah right, then I don't think it should matter really, they will ask for your predicted grades I assume

Homosexual
03-07-2011, 12:40 PM
ah right, then I don't think it should matter really, they will ask for your predicted grades I assume

Shall I take my predicted grades sheet?

dbgtz
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Mock exam grades or predicted grades I'd imagine, mine certainly used the predicted as a referrence.

Homosexual
03-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Mock exam grades or predicted grades I'd imagine, mine certainly used the predicted as a referrence.

All my predicted grades are C or above, so I should be good:') x

Shar
03-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Shall I take my predicted grades sheet?
Just in case they ask for them, yeah :)

Mathew
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Your Record of Achievement should be a little folder full of certificates from school, sports clubs, music, perhaps even letters home that say how good you are. If you happened to have past exam results (if you did modules for example), you'd put that in... along with your latest report (you really should have kept these)!

Also, if you have any really good pieces of work relating to your topics, then you could throw in a couple of examples of that too! :)

The interview questions... er... mine were all along the lines of "Tell us a little about yourself" / "Why do you want to come here?" / You know... rather generic questions. It's probably best to ask them a question at the end too because they're wanting you just as much as you want them... so make them work for it! ;) I just asked something about extra curricular activities and settling in, etc.

Be yourself though, shake their hand, sit upright, speak clearly. Sorted.
Good luck!

Unbilotitled
03-07-2011, 11:40 PM
So you joined the forum when you were 9.....

Edited by Jordesh (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

Sharon
04-07-2011, 06:50 PM
So you joined the forum when you were 9.....

Edited by Jordesh (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

I did, problem? Didn't think so.

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts!

Robi
04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Or go to your college and ask for some old school reports

Homosexual
13-07-2011, 06:51 PM
So here's an update: I went, supposedly studying Psychology, Sociology and Biology. They didn't ask for anything I took; and I came out studying English Lit + Lang, Sociology and Government and Politics.

Guess who's not enrolling..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!