PDA

View Full Version : Weird email

peteyt
03-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I've not really been online the last few days due to being out and at work and while I was able to check some emails didn't check my Junk till today. I often have a quick rummage through the junk emails before deleting in case anything has been falsely flagged.

I saw an email apparently from me, saying I'd been hacked in the Junk folder and opened it. There where no links and no attachments just a message saying I'd been hacked, but the email was from my email address. I didn't send it and nothing is in the sent folder like this.

I gathered straight away that someone simply has edited the headers to make it appear like I sent it. Is there an easy way to find out? Also I don't understand why there wasn't anything like a link. I'd expect something like a link, click here to unblock your account as if this is someone trying to trick me, then I don't see how it could work.

I was looking at the source code and found someone used http://emkei.cz/ fake email sender. You can close this if you want.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!