PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Just a question..

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 04:58 AM
So just tonight, we had that Habbox thing where it would download that .exe

It ran by itself, and I got worried so I restarted my computer. For some reason, I try to log in to Habbo, and it doesn't load after I put in my info, it just brings me back to the login screen.

(Hearing it was a virus from the Staff member)

Any reason why? :/

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): From "Habbo In General", as it is better suited here!

HotelUser
04-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Hey,

I don't think it would prevent Habbo from loading itself, try a different web browser.

I do recommend scanning for viruses and changing your Habbo password, though.

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Hey,

I don't think it would prevent Habbo from loading itself, try a different web browser.

I do recommend scanning for viruses and changing your Habbo password, though.

I cant change my Habbo pass, as it says it will lead me to a site named kickandbuy.

Plus, different browser didnt work.

HotelUser
04-07-2011, 05:50 AM
I cant change my Habbo pass, as it says it will lead me to a site named kickandbuy.

You really need to disconnect your computer from the internet, change your passwords on another computer (to everything you care about preferably) and then scan your computer for viruses. If you'd like any help with any of this at all don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

xxMATTGxx
04-07-2011, 05:53 AM

Hey there,

I suggest you open up any security software you put on your system and scan for any viruses and malware. You may need to do this in safe mode which can normally be entered by restarting your PC and tapping F8 when it boots up.

Free Anti-Virus: Microsoft Security Essentials - http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security_essentials/default.aspx
Free Anti-Malware: Malware Anti-Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 05:57 AM
I did scan and found a few viruses, cleaned them off. I'll restart my computer and do a full one over night incase.

Plus, it's like 11 PM, and all my family is asleep, so I can't really use another computer. :/

HotelUser
04-07-2011, 05:58 AM
I did scan and found a few viruses, cleaned them off. I'll restart my computer and do a full one over night incase.

Plus, it's like 11 PM, and all my family is asleep, so I can't really use another computer. :/

To be sure you're safe it would be best if you could use a clean computer to change your passwords on if possible, and good to hear your antivirus caught several viruses.

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 06:00 AM
I only use that password for like the Habbo account, luckily my trade is off, and for something else, so if it gets changed, I can change it back by the email.

Hopefully it goes well by tomorrow, and whoever did it gets punished. :/

HotelUser
04-07-2011, 06:03 AM
I only use that password for like the Habbo account, luckily my trade is off, and for something else, so if it gets changed, I can change it back by the email.

Hopefully it goes well by tomorrow, and whoever did it gets punished. :/

Rest assured the hacked staff memeber, as well as hacker were both dealt with swiftly, and I sincerely apologize on behalf of this staff member for any distress this has caused you this evening.

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Mhm..

Thanks for the help, and I'll report in tomorrow after the overnight scan.
Luckily I just remembered my laptop, so I'll go change some passwords now.

HotelUser
04-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Mhm..

Thanks for the help, and I'll report in tomorrow after the overnight scan.
Luckily I just remembered my laptop, so I'll go change some passwords now.

Good to hear :)

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Habbo seems to work on my laptop, and actually logs in, so I know officially I was hacked.

Didn't lose any Habbo items, friends, etc.

Hope to get it fixed soon. :/

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Reporting in today, still can't log in to habbo, found a few viruses.

I can tell that I can't log in as the players stick at 8097.

http://i54.tinypic.com/5l2v14.jpg

HotelUser
04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Reporting in today, still can't log in to habbo, found a few viruses.

I can tell that I can't log in as the players stick at 8097.

http://i54.tinypic.com/5l2v14.jpg

Have you tried reinstalling flash?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm probably going to reinstall Java and Flash to see if it works.

I'm on a different computer right now, so I'll fix it soon and give you a report. :)

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
How do I reinstall Flash on my Google Chrome? I don't know where to uninstall it.
I reinstalled Java.

HotelUser
04-07-2011, 03:49 PM
How do I reinstall Flash on my Google Chrome? I don't know where to uninstall it.
I reinstalled Java.

If you go to Control Panel, then Manage Programs and Features you should see Adobe Flash in the list on the right - uninstall that. Then go here (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/) and reinstall it.

IAmAsianBoy
04-07-2011, 04:07 PM
It said Google Chrome already has built-in Adobe, so I tried it on IE, still says 8097.

If I can't fix it in a few days, I'll go and switch to my other computer for a few months.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!