PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Password scams

Evolution
24-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Password scams

The only place you should type your password is in the 'check in' box when you come to Habbo Hotel. We will never ask for it anywhere else. If the URL (the address of the website) doesn't start with www.habbohotel.co.uk - it isn't Habbo Hotel, it's simple as that!

Anyone who asks for your password is a scammer, it's as simple as that. If you tell someone your password, they will check in as you and steal your furni and Credits.

"I can make you a Hobba - just tell me your pass"

No they can't! Only Habbo Staff can make you a Hobba and we won't talk to you about it in the hotel. The only way you can apply is through the form on the Contact Us page. Never apply anywhere else.

"Tell me your password and I'll get you free Habbo Credits"

If someone asks for your password you can be sure that they want it for the wrong reasons. No Habbo has the power to give out free Habbo Credits (not even Hobbas).

These scammers use your password to sign into Habbo Hotel as you. Then they can steal your furni, spend your Habbo Credits and even pretend to be you when they talk to your friends. They might even change your Habbo password, so you won't be able to get your Habbo back.

"If you change your password to xxxxx, you'll get lots of free Credits"

No you won't! If a Habbo asks you to change your password to something they specify, don't do it!

If you were silly enough to do as they asked, the scammer would then be able to sign into the hotel as you. Then they could steal your furni and Credits.

"I've seen a website where you can get free Habbo Credits"

If anyone tells you that they've seen a website where you can get free Habbo Credits, don't listen to them. Even if they say 'it really works'!

These websites are set up by devious Habbos, often using images from the real Habbo Hotel, so that they look very convincing. Some even say that they are 'official'. They ask you to type in your Habbo name and password, saying that you'll get free Habbo Credits once you've done it. Sometimes they tell you to wait 15 minutes before you sign back into the hotel.

These scammers use your password to sign into Habbo Hotel as you, and then they streal your stuff.

"I can make your hair blue, if you tell me your password"

There's no doubt about it - it's really cool to look different to most Habbos. Blue, pink, purple or even green hair can make you stand out and look fabulous.

Chances are that if you give a Habbo your password, all he or she will do is sign into the hotel as your Habbo, steal your furni, and maybe even pretend to be you. And the scamster Habbo might even change your password, so you won't be able to get back in as your Habbo.

*Taken from HabboHotel.co.uk

Annexe
09-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Never let anyone try to give you credits over msn!!
it is a keylogger which records every button presses even your habbo p word

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!