PDA

View Full Version : Turtles, Black Holes, and...Art?!

Nick
09-07-2011, 10:13 AM
We've got a weekend competition for you!
What an interesting week! Firstly, a flustering flock of Turtles furiously flanked our Hotel...then a blistering boatload of Black Holes blasted their way into our rooms blowing holes in our beloved floors! And I'm completely tongue twisted now. But it does seem a little convenient...right?
Turtles Through Time?
Is the mysterious appearance of the latest Turtle pet puzzling you? Are you searching for clues only to find out they might be related to the latest Black Hole furni? Sounds like a classic day X-file to me...but where's Mulder and Scully?!
- Send us your origin story of the latest Turtle pet!
- Your story must include a fun fact about Turtles, information about Black Holes or the Black Hole furni, and how they arrived in our Habbo Hotel.
- Get creative! Is it a mystery? A love story? A drama? Send us your short story, but keep it short and only one paragraph!
- Send your story by email to [email protected] with your Habbo name and the subject line Turtles Through Time.
Prizes
The top 20 stories will receive an exclusive Traveling Turtle Badge and 30 runners up will get two Shrimp food items for their pet turtle. But if writing stories is not your cup of tea...then we offer an alternative to get your hands on some of these prizes.

Shell-Shocked!
Some Turtles are born with amazing designs and cool colors coating their hard shelled exteriors. Others only wish they could be so lucky. Here's your chance to light up a Turtle's day by making a unique design for his or her shell!
- Download the Turtle image template below.
- Design your own version of a turtle shell! You don't have to use pixel art specifically for this competition. Print it out, scan it in, paint it up, or use other digital means.
- Be unique! Turtles come in all types of personalities...which one fits you? Please do not use or plagiarize others work. It's the quick way to get disqualified.
- Attach your image to an email and send it to [email protected] with your Habbo name and the subject line Shell-Shocked.
Prizes
The top 20 entries will receive an exclusive Traveling Turtle Badge and 30 runners up will get two Shrimp food items for their pet turtle.
Submission entry period ends on Tuesday July 12th, at 9am EST (that's 6am in Los Angeles, 2pm in London, 9pm in Singapore, and 11pm in Sydney). Good luck!
ATTENTION HABBOS: If you already sent in your submissions for this competition, please direct it to the [email protected] email address. For the fist hours of this competition being live, it was the incorrect address. Thank you!

Might do the graphic one :3

Jssy
09-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Can you do both? I fancy being creative :P

Nick
09-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I guess you can :3

j0rd
09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I done the graphic one, its not very good however :P

Red
09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
aw cool. Think I might enter both >:}

Jssy
09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I wanna print out the turtle template and paint it :P

karter
09-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Entering both although im quite crap at template graphics

Jurv
09-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I might enter this competition, first one I would have entered in years! :P

user130523
09-07-2011, 11:17 PM
did the alt one, heres my entry: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=710371

Pigperson
09-07-2011, 11:20 PM
The competitions are good, I just cba to enter them. It's too much hassle.

Will

user130523
09-07-2011, 11:23 PM
The competitions are good, I just cba to enter them. It's too much hassle.

Will
yeah i like competitions like this although prizes are the worse, too many people get badge & theres no point in free pet food for 30 people

i'd rather like 5/10 winners for each one - they do this with all competitions really, give out about 100 prizes.. i miss the days when badges were rare and they did like a competition a week (usually room competition) with a good prize e.g. supers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!