PDA

View Full Version : Making a Server

lTraditional
09-07-2011, 12:07 PM
So, I have decided that I am going to save up my pocket money and purchase minecraft server hosting because I just love minecraft and while most other ones have a whitelist and you have to search for your items, I decided to just admin my own. It won't be that busy as it will be quite a cheap one as my dad probably won't let me spend that much as it will be his credit card/paypal account.

Anyway, enough of that. I just want some help on some mods I could use for when I have the server so I don't have to spend loads of time looking for mods. I will give rep to whoever can help.

Pigperson
09-07-2011, 11:37 PM
I'll help out if you need it :D I have some spare time due to holidays so yeh :D Gimme info on the server too because I love playing multiplayer. Also if possible, could you tell me where you buy the server because I have no idea lol.

Will

Coupet
10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
http://plugins.bukkit.org/#ti=&ta=all&au=&subm=false

Search through heaps of plugins for your server. As for recommendations, I can't provide any good ones as I'm still exploring them. As for pricing, I know a decent company who will provide you with a server for £3.24 (roughly) a month. I've used them before and I've had no problems. However, their support isn't great.

lTraditional
10-07-2011, 09:07 AM
I'll help out if you need it :D I have some spare time due to holidays so yeh :D Gimme info on the server too because I love playing multiplayer. Also if possible, could you tell me where you buy the server because I have no idea lol.

Will

When I purchase it, then you can. Probably going to be a 10 player slot for hxf players :)

Coupet, +REP

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!