PDA

View Full Version : Debates Ideas

Grig
27-06-2010, 05:36 PM
http://www.habboxwiki.com/wiki/images/1/16/Debatestransparent.gif (http://www.habboxwiki.com/Debates_Leader)

If you have any debate ideas, please post them in this thread! The debates leader will then evaluate whether he thinks the debate is a good one and it may then be used in one of our future official debates.

Please use the following format:

Your topic name:
Debate Question:
Brief Description

The best debates are those that are current and of interest to the forum demographic, something that can appeal to teenagers between the age range of 11-20. Please only post real world ideas for debates, not anything specifically related to Habbo and / or the forum.

Any posts that do not suggest an idea for a debate will be removed, and you will receive a polite PM asking you not to do it again. The thread will also get cleared every now and again by the debates leader, so that more fresh ideas can get posted!

If you make a particularly good suggestion, or your debate gets used - you will receive a 20 reputation points!

Happy Debating :)!

kuzkasate
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM
This one should be good as I've already seen quite a few people debate about this in other threads and they all had different views.

Your topic name: Armed police
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should a police force be routinely armed?
Brief Description: Discuss whether or not the police force should be armed.

Your topic name: Arranged Marriages
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should arranged marriages be made illegal?
Brief Description: Discuss whether or not people think arranged marriages are still acceptable in today's society and whether or not they should make them illegal.

Your topic name: Selling human organs
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should we legalise the sale of human organs?
Brief Description: Discuss whether or not the sale of human organs should be legalised, there are quite a few opinions on this both for and against so it should be quite interesting!

Your topic name: Nuclear weapon testing
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should we have a total ban on the explosion of nuclear devices for testing purposes? Or should be just abolish all nuclear weapons?
Brief Description: Discuss whether or not nuclear weapon testing should be banned or maybe, even completely abolish them.

Your topic name: Nazi war criminals
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should we continue to prosecute Nazi war criminals?
Brief Description: Discuss whether or not we should still be prosecuting Nazi war criminals even though the second world war ended 65 years ago? Or are we right in doing so?

Just a couple of good ones that I know of :P

Hollie
12-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Your topic name: Is vegetarianism the way forward?
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should we stop killing animals for food?
Brief Description: Discuss whether we should find another source of protein and whether we should stop killing animals to eat them.

Richie
18-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Your topic name: Confession
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should information given during confession, relating to crime be reported to the police?
Brief Description: Should information given during confession, relating to crime be reported to the police? or should everything told in confession be kept between the priest and yourself?

EpicBaguette
21-07-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm sure this has been debated at some point before I got here, but I just got here sooooo the time old debate.

Your topic name: God or No God?
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: What do you think, is there a God (not a debate on what would be the true god) or is there only science and no higher being
Brief Description: Self explanatory, explain why you think there is or isn't a god.

-:Undertaker:-
21-07-2011, 09:24 PM
One year on, has the Coalition government been good or bad for Britain?

Shadow-Mason
11-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Your topic name: Nintendo
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Why's everyone for PS3 or 360, why not Wii
Brief Description: Explanation of why Nintendo got so much hatred

beth
11-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Your topic name: the use of technology and social media in the recent uk riots.
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: did social media and the advances in technology regarding social networking (e.g: blackberry messenger, twitter) help or hinder the uk riots of august 2011.
Brief Description: there has been a lot focus in the press about the role of social networking and technology in the recent riots. do you think these mediums helped the criminal rioters/looters group together, organise activity and find the easiest places to loot or did they hinder them: allowing the police to communicate effectively with large regions instantly.

ShaunDreclin
09-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Your topic name:Striking and Unions
Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise:Should people be allowed to strike without getting fired? Whats your opinion on unions in general?
Brief Description:Just something I've always found interesting. A union is basically the boss of the employer, able to refuse working whenever they want more money.I've seen the power abused in many places and I'm surprised they're still allowed to strike like this.Quoting my mum, "You can't fire a teacher."

Sharon
17-01-2012, 07:08 PM
ummm some topics i'd be interested in are:

adoption
abortion
use of technology
cruelty on animals
racism
remember this from a tv show but since like companies like coca cola sponsor the olympic games is this an issue? (dunno if this can even be debated but i guess you could turn it into one)
television etc. brainwashing people?
online taking over irl (fb etc.)

GirlNextDoor15
18-01-2012, 01:20 AM
ummm some topics i'd be interested in are:

adoption
abortion
use of technology
cruelty on animals
racism
remember this from a tv show but since like companies like coca cola sponsor the olympic games is this an issue? (dunno if this can even be debated but i guess you could turn it into one)
television etc. brainwashing people?
online taking over irl (fb etc.)

gender discrimination?

Paige.
24-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Topic name: Religion
Debate question: Does religion cause more harm than good?
Brief description: Discuss whether you think religion causes more harm (for example wars etc) than good (pacifism etc) but with reason.

Topic name: Social networking
Debate question: Do you think social networking sites such as facebook should only be available for adults over the age of 18?
Brief description: With reason, explain your argument for or against this. An example would be that you agree with this because of the increase in the risk of cyber bullying, especially to vulnerable children.

Topic name: Parenting
Debate question: Do you think it is right to hit your own child?
Brief description: Some people may believe that it is okay to hit your own child as some people have their own way of bringing up children and they may believe in harsh punishment, although some people think that it is not okay to physically harm any child, even if the child is your own. Explain why you think it is right or wrong.

Catchy
25-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Topic name: death penalty
Debate question: should we bring back the death penalty?
Brief description: Do you think Britain should bring back the death penalty for murderers/paedophiles/rapists if so why and what about those falsely accused?

CaptainAce$$
17-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Your topic name: Disability Discrimination
Debate Question: Do you think there is alot of discrimination out there directed towards people with disabilities?
Brief Description: or has it improved in the year 2012

Your topic name: Cancer Cure Year 2020
Debate Question: Do you think in the year 2020, docs will be close to finding that cure for cancer?
Brief Description: If not, which year do you think there will be a possible cure found.

Deeb
19-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Your topic name: Online Privacy
Debate Question: Is the UKs decision to 'police' the internet by recording everybody's emails/texts/phonecalls/web history necessary to stop terrorism or is it just spying?
Brief Description: The government want new powers to read everybody's emails and look at everyone's web history to filter out terrorists and other hate crimes, is this necessary for Britain or is it a way for the government to invade into peoples' privacy.

Andii
18-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Adoption for gay couples

should adoption be for gay couples aswell as straight ones???

Samantha
18-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Not sure if you've done one of these before and Andii; will agree:

Is it right to kill animals for your own benefit?
Basically, is it right to kill animals purely for materials, food etc (put your own benefit as I didn't know how to word it).

Andii
18-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Not sure if you've done one of these before and @Andii (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68225); will agree:

Is it right to kill animals for your own benefit?
Basically, is it right to kill animals purely for materials, food etc (put your own benefit as I didn't know how to word it).

O I do agree is it right for some animals to die where others can live on as pets

Chippiewill
05-02-2013, 10:02 PM
- Is there such thing as objective morality? (E.g. is there an objective moral code we all ought to follow)
- The problem of free will: Do we have free will or are we casually determined?
- Is there objective knowledge?

Kardan
05-02-2013, 10:04 PM
- Is there such thing as objective morality? (E.g. is there an objective moral code we all ought to follow)

I'd like a free will debate as well, I got given a leaflet today about a lecture taking place on free will and religion.

05-02-2013, 11:02 PM

I've been thinking of those top two lately as the first debates, I have the day off tommorow in which i'll write something up. I think from the gay marriage thread in Current Affairs it'd be quite interesting to delve into the morality question first.

Cheers. :)

Chippiewill
05-02-2013, 11:50 PM
I've been thinking of those top two lately as the first debates, I have the day off tommorow in which i'll write something up. I think from the gay marriage thread in Current Affairs it'd be quite interesting to delve into the morality question first.
I'd be wary of taking a specific gay / gay marriage focus on the morality question (If that is what you are planning to do, I'm not sure) as it could end up being a very one-sided debate, I don't think we want a macrocosm of current affairs certainly. It would be an understatement to say that the general population of habboxforum has a bias in that sort of area.

One thing that did resonate with me was your mention of philosophical debates in the other thread, it'd be nice to see a philosophical approach to any morality debate as opposed to an emotionally or instinct driven debate. e.g. for abortion someone might say a women should have control of her body, which is a wholly unphilosophical approach, whereas someone else might say that for an abortion to be morally impermissible a fetus must have personhood. Fetuses don't have personhood therefore abortions are ok. I think it is pretty apparent which is a better answer to an abortion debate and philosophical type responses in my opinion should be heavily encouraged particularly in any morality related debates.

05-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I'd be wary of taking a specific gay / gay marriage focus on the morality question (If that is what you are planning to do, I'm not sure) as it could end up being a very one-sided debate, I don't think we want a macrocosm of current affairs certainly. It would be an understatement to say that the general population of habboxforum has a bias in that sort of area.

One thing that did resonate with me was your mention of philosophical debates in the other thread, it'd be nice to see a philosophical approach to any morality debate as opposed to an emotionally or instinct driven debate. e.g. for abortion someone might say a women should have control of her body, which is a wholly unphilosophical approach, whereas someone else might say that for an abortion to be morally impermissible a fetus must have personhood. Fetuses don't have personhood therefore abortions are ok. I think it is pretty apparent which is a better answer to an abortion debate and philosophical type responses in my opinion should be heavily encouraged particularly in any morality related debates.

I don't mean taking it towards the gay question specificially, I meant that as gay marriage is a topic that involves peoples concepts of morality that the question of where we get morality from that you suggested would be a good philosophical one to pick up on as it's a hot topic at the moment in the news - and obviously members can bring in gay marriage if they want, along with a whole host of other issues. Much better in the Debates if we have philosophical answers sometimes backed up with political, social or cultural points - as opposed to purely political answers that we usually see in Current Affairs.

It's like when a hostage situation comes up, a good one would be (I can't think of the exact wording at the moment) those philosophical dilemmas where you have to decide whether X, Y and Z lives are worth more than A, B, and C's lives. That sort of thing.

Inseriousity.
06-02-2013, 12:05 AM

The three questions I'm interested in! It'd be interesting to see if there is a clear divide (therefore a good debate) but I have a feeling - well more from personal experience of religious studies + philosophy modules - that it's very rare to find someone who is passionate enough against the norm answers. Not really much of a debate if everyone is in agreement. Got to try I suppose so any of these three will do me :D

Kardan
06-02-2013, 12:07 AM
The three questions I'm interested in! It'd be interesting to see if there is a clear divide (therefore a good debate) but I have a feeling - well more from personal experience of religious studies + philosophy modules - that it's very rare to find someone who is passionate enough against the norm answers. Not really much of a debate if everyone is in agreement. Got to try I suppose so any of these three will do me :D

I'd be quite interested to hear the 'You don't have free will' argument, so hopefully some people feel that way :P

Chippiewill
06-02-2013, 12:14 AM
I'd be quite interested to hear the 'You don't have free will' argument, so hopefully some people feel that way :P

As a hard determinist I would be very happy to tell you it.

Kardan
06-02-2013, 12:27 AM
As a hard determinist I would be very happy to tell you it.

I've got a feeling that when the debate does come around, I'm not going to have much to stand on other than "But I can do anything if I wanted too..." :P

Inseriousity.
06-02-2013, 12:29 AM
high five for another hard determinist. hmm maybe not so bad after all then although it did make A Level RE lessons really awkward being the only one lol.

20-02-2013, 07:41 PM
A new debate will be opening over the next day or two, any suggestions? the philosophy angle didn't go as well as i'd hoped, so we might have to aim for something a little more mainstream. Any suggestions?

Lewis
11-04-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure whether to post here.. I don't have an idea for a specific debate.
I really think when you post your three debates every month, each debate should have an age group for it. For example:

Debate 1: 13-15 year olds (recommended)
Debate 2: 16-18 year olds (recommended)
Debate 3: 18+ (recommended)

Or at least something along those lines so that the entire community can join in the debates, and not only a specific age group or intelligence. lols

David
11-04-2013, 11:03 PM
not politics

David
21-04-2013, 11:03 PM
id like lots of vip for suggesting the following

can terrorism be justified

with minimum politics if possible

CaptainAce
06-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Due to the recent crash of a plane at an air show the debate is - Should airshows still go on despite the high risk that involves flying these aircraft?

Empired
07-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I thought something like "Is feminism sexist?". I know we had "Does feminism have its place in modern cultures anymore?" but they're two pretty different topics, just focused on the same thing.

MKR&*42
07-05-2013, 03:23 PM
I thought something like "Is feminism sexist?". I know we had "Does feminism have its place in modern cultures anymore?" but they're two pretty different topics, just focused on the same thing.

I would strongly support this and I see the difference between the two. I would be surprised if anyone on this forum does strongly support feminism though.

Empired
07-05-2013, 03:32 PM
I would strongly support this and I see the difference between the two. I would be surprised if anyone on this forum does strongly support feminism though.
It's a teenage forum, we have some right weirdos on here cough @Maria (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=90418);

Oh I had another one I'd just thought of but it's gone again. HAYDEN THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT

CaptainAce
07-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Online bullying on forums, should we accept it or should we actually start to take action.

lemons
07-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Online bullying on forums, should we accept it or should we actually start to take action.

No form of bullying should be accepted.

CaptainAce
07-05-2013, 08:34 PM
No form of bullying should be accepted.

You'd think that but if you take a look around this forum and Habbo. You'll see something different.

I have another idea for a debate, full of ideas tonight!
Should contact sports be banned?

Kardan
08-05-2013, 09:48 AM
I think debates should go for controversial opinions and make you think about topics rather than just generic questions such as 'Should contact sports be banned'. For example, the current terrorism debate is actually quite good, so kudos to whoever suggested that one.

Aiden
08-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Your topic name: Caring about others
Debate Question: Should people be expected to give sympathy?
Brief Description: Should people have to feel for others? Like if someone dies at a school, should the whole school have to hear about it and be quiet in respect (I mean like walking around school and in general, not like at a funeral or something). I know that's what is expected. Also, should people give sympathy to people who have bad lives (lost money betting now live on street, beat wife/husband and single drunk now, etc)? It might be a nice thing to care, but should the people who don't care that much be called selfish? If ya get meh :L

06-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Opening new debates soon, any ideas before I do? +rep for any interesting or sensible ones!

Kardan
06-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Opening new debates soon, any ideas before I do? +rep for any interesting or sensible ones!

Should the new proposed 'Habbox Answers' feature go to the news department or the content department? :P

On a serious note, just a few ideas, not sure if they've been brought up before:

Should homosexuals be allowed to adopt?
Should parents be able to choose the sex of their child?
Should fat people be charged more? (Plane seats, clothing etc.)
Is smacking your children allowed?
Should the government do more about the illegal downloading of music?
Should polygamy be made legal?
Should the drinking age limit in the UK be raised to 21?

Just a few ideas, most of them are pretty common debates I guess.

Phil
07-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Something to do with Men in Childcare would be interesting. When I posted my survey about it for college it seemed like it could spark a good debate

Empired
09-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Not sure if we've had this before and I cba to go back looking for something like it.

We could have some sort of debate on whether aliens are real? We were just talking about it in HxHD and I had no idea people had such strong views on it (including myself).

AgnesIO
11-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Your topic name: Global Poverty
Debate Question: How should Global Poverty be tackled?
Brief Description: Just looking at what peoples views are on the approaches taken to reduce global poverty, for example through aid, education etc

Munex
11-06-2013, 01:18 AM
There're many ideas I can think of, but this is the most original:

Your topic name: Cataloguing From Birth
Debate Question: Should newborns undergo a quick and painless DNA swab to match them to crimes they may commit in the future?
Brief Description: Many people have told me that they would refuse to have their DNA taken. Others argue that the innocent shouldn't have anything to hide.

16-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, i'll open them up tonight.

I'll go with the suggestions from Munex, Marketing and undecided about others for now.

+rep to all for the suggestions!

Negativities
17-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Your topic name: Is abortion murder?
Debate Question: At what point during pregnancy is abortion considered murder?
Brief Description: Daily debates on whether abortion is murder or not. A woman should be able to make decisions of the baby if the baby is incapable of making it's own decisions. At what point do you believe abortion would be considered murder and when is a fetus considered a human? There are many ways people define what a human is, but their are no definite answers due to the diversity of religion and cultures.

-------------------------------

An ex-husband tells his estranged pregnant wife he is going to "stomp it out of her." Is this a case of murder of an unborn child?In 1969, Teresa Keeler, eight months pregnant, was beaten unconscious by her jealous ex-husband, Robert Keeler, who told her during the attack that he was going to "stomp it out of her." Later, at the hospital, Keeler delivered her little girl, who was still born and suffered from a fractured skull.
Prosecutors attempted to charge Robert Keeler with the beating of his wife and for the murder of the fetus, "Baby Girl Vogt" named with her fathers last name.
The California Supreme Court dismissed the charges, saying that only someone born alive could be killed, and that the fetus was not a human being.

Due to public pressure the murder statute was eventually amended to say that murder charges can only apply to fetuses older than seven weeks, or beyond the embryonic stage.

-------------------------------

Do you agree with the court case? Who is to determine that at seven weeks is when they are considered a human being.

Please take into consideration in making this a debate topic. I feel that it will grab a lot of people's attention

14-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I'll be posting some new debates soon over the next day or two, so any ideas? it'd be nice to hear some more unconventional ones rather than the same old of gay marriage, abortion, fostering and so on - although I realise there are only so many topics that will trigger a response from people. :P We've had a good number of responses to the last three debates posted so it'd be nice to have the same level of engagement repeated.

Any ideas for debates regarding recent news? death of Cory whatshisface and drugs etc? all reasonable ideas will get a +rep from me.

AgnesIO
15-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Topic: Benefits
Question: Should teenage mothers have their benefits strictly controlled?
Description: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23309095

Empired
15-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Um I was discussing this with my family a little while ago because my mum and grandma are Christians while I'm "firmly" agnostic. The question is: Assuming God does exist, is suffering and illness a punishment from Him? I suppose this could also branch out into whether or not this means God is all-loving and forgiving as well.

Not sure if this has been covered or semi-covered in a different debate to do with God but yeah..

Daltron
16-07-2013, 02:47 AM
Any ideas for debates regarding recent news? death of Cory whatshisface and drugs etc? all reasonable ideas will get a +rep from me.

What about:

Should the punishment for those who use drugs be stricter and harsher for people we deem celebrity or highly visible in the public spectrum compared to say every day citizens who use drugs but wouldn't have such contact with large amounts of people? What can be done to counter drug use and it's influence on younger people when celebrities use them and pass away such as the case here with the Glee star?

MKR&*42
16-07-2013, 08:32 AM
In regards to that slightly old story about Justin Bieber driving into someone wearing a white shirt and 'getting away with it'. Could do a question similar to "Do celebrities deserve exemption from certain aspects of the law/reduced sentences?". I know the vast majority would say no, but there are some deluded people on the forum (and all around the internet tbh) who were quite quick to say Bieber did nothing wrong and shouldn't be prosecuted etc.

goldenRAINBOWxo
21-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Your topic name: Abortion
Debate Question: Is Abortion right or wrong?Why?
Brief Description: To express what everyone thinks about abortion.

17-08-2013, 07:10 PM
I'll be posting new debates when I get back from holiday, so any suggestions are most welcome (with complimentary rep ofc). :)

Samantha
17-08-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't think this has been brushed up on much, I'm not too sure.

Do video games reflect your actions in real life?

Games such as GTA, does it enhance speeding, stealing and violence, things like that.

Do diets actually work?

To expand on that you could say do slimming groups actually work?

Samantha
18-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Should nursery proms be held?

I read a article today about how a few nurseries hold proms for 4 year olds, they drink mocktails and have a special slow dance with their partner. On the flip side, they get to have a buffet, play children's games and get entertained by a children's entertainer.

An expansion of this could be should proms be held at all?

Aiden
09-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Your topic name: Has the human race taken over evolution?
Debate Question: ^
Brief Description: I found a study of when white people will effectively become extinct. They also said that black people will as well, only asian people with be left... if we was still pretty basic and not as intelligent nature would guide us, the 'fittest' race would survive but now we can support each other with tech and medicine and now survival of the fittest has changed a lot. So, has humans taken nature (evolution) and formed a new version?

eet
18-12-2013, 11:59 PM
gun control

21-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Any ideas for debates this month guys? Good suggestions (whether taken up or not) recieve a +rep.

karter
21-03-2014, 08:13 AM
israel palestine issue i guess coz im heated up bc of that

God
21-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Religion, Is it time to abolish it.

Corruption in America.

Corruption in Canada.

Climate Change, Time to take action!

Income Inequality.

Alberta's Tar Sands: Economic boom or Natural Disaster?

No Fracking Way: Is Fracking ruining our water supplies?

McDonalds Fries Ingredients; Uk: 3 USA/Canada: 17. Are we being poisoned America?

Illuminati: Do they exist?

War: For protecting peace, or someones wallet?

Banks: Is it just for Banks to have the power to create Money out of "Thin Air".

Fluoride: Silent Killer, or Teeth Saver? (im talking about the one put into the waters of many americans and canadians.)

Marijuana: Legalize it?

Brad
22-03-2014, 02:53 AM
McDonald's Cruelty towards Animals?

:P

Abortion?

karter
22-03-2014, 04:02 AM
falkland islands???

22-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Good ideas, I can see a few that i'll probably put up. I'll +rep you all soon.

falkland islands???

That would be a good one if we had lots of Argentinian members, but can't see it taking off :P

Although it's an interesting one to read on newspaper sites with all the Argies getting wound up.

Ozzinator$
23-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Should School Uniforms be banned?

karter
24-03-2014, 04:41 AM
should men rights activists be taken seriously

Kyle
25-03-2014, 04:30 AM
nothing to do with eu/wars please.

maybe something to do with prison systems - what is ideal prison system

Kardan
25-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Should Habbox abandon V7?

TheJokerEffect
25-03-2014, 11:30 AM

I dont exacty know what V7 is ..

Sent from my phone xx

Kardan
25-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I dont exacty know what V7 is ..

Sent from my phone xx

Nobody does.

25-03-2014, 11:57 AM
nothing to do with eu/wars please.

maybe something to do with prison systems - what is ideal prison system

Don't recall doing many (if any actually) EU debates.

We have enough of them in Current Affairs.

Good one, i've been thinking of a Habbox one for a while. I'll for sure include this.

GommeInc
25-03-2014, 04:40 PM
How can you abandon something that doesn't even exist? :P It's like me abandoning my thousands of blocks of gold and chucking them off the side of my yacht with Beyonce tied to the bow as my figure head ;)

Reparation for countries who were abused by the salve trade might be a good debate. The Big Question recently debated it with my lecturer as a guest.

-Moniquee.
27-03-2014, 01:55 PM
how to solve the rising youth unemployment rate

karter
31-03-2014, 02:50 PM
drones being used by us army in afghanistan, pakistan and yemen

Ozzinator$
31-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Video Games - Do Violent Video Games Contribute to Youth Violence?

21-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Ideas for debates are very much welcome guys, post them below and i'll +rep for good ideas. :)

God
21-05-2014, 10:41 PM
FRACKING

Chippiewill
21-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Net Neutrality / FCC allowing ISPs to implement slow/fast lanes.

Chippiewill
22-05-2014, 12:11 AM
transatlantic trade and investment partnership - good or bad?

akeel$
22-05-2014, 10:35 AM
how to solve the rising youth unemployment rate

tis sounds v. interesting

Kardan
22-05-2014, 11:08 AM
tis sounds v. interesting

Except that youth unemployment is actually falling.

Chippiewill
22-05-2014, 01:22 PM
how to solve the falling youth unemployment rate

Kardan
22-05-2014, 01:50 PM
how to solve the falling youth unemployment rate

Bring in Romanians to steal jobs? Bring in more Europeans so all the British kids suddenly do worse at school?

20-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Those two are good, although I would have to find how more about the Transatlantic one.

As i'll be opening new debates soon, any ideas asap are welcome. :)

karter
20-07-2014, 05:43 PM
western intervention in civil wars

31-10-2014, 03:40 PM
New debates this week coming.... anything anybody really would like a rant/argument on that I could post?

scottish
31-10-2014, 04:38 PM
My debate:

Should the debates department be scrapped, and members debates instead moved to discuss anything?

RandomManJay
31-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Are manned missions to other planets in the solar system viable given our current technological level and funding allocated to space exploration? And what incentives could be made to make you (forum users) agree to such a mission if the possibilites of returning to Earth are slim?

24-06-2015, 04:25 PM
New debates coming this week as old ones have expired... any wacky ideas people have?

I am thinking of recovering the classic debates such as abortion, death penalty etc... what do people think?

Kyle
24-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Should men be allowed to decline fatherhood?
Is the LGBT movement ultimately harmful?
Is discrimination useful?
Is it worth going to university anymore?
Should we breed dogs as cattle in the west?
Should educational establishments censor certain texts to protect students?

some have prob been discussed *the leanings in some of these questions are not necessary my own views =]

Lewis
25-06-2015, 04:02 PM
New debates coming this week as old ones have expired... any wacky ideas people have?

I am thinking of recovering the classic debates such as abortion, death penalty etc... what do people think?

you already did that a few months ago, didn't you? I'd prefer new debates that aren't that and aren't political, but I don't know what.

not much help but hey

25-06-2015, 06:27 PM
Should men be allowed to decline fatherhood?
Is the LGBT movement ultimately harmful?
Is discrimination useful?
Is it worth going to university anymore?
Should we breed dogs as cattle in the west?
Should educational establishments censor certain texts to protect students?

some have prob been discussed *the leanings in some of these questions are not necessary my own views =]

I like those and I like the way you've styled them from the counter view.

+rep

you already did that a few months ago, didn't you? I'd prefer new debates that aren't that and aren't political, but I don't know what.

not much help but hey

Indeed, it is hard getting the balance though... like we tried some philosophy a while back but it was no use so they have to be generalistic.

OldLoveSong
14-10-2015, 06:31 PM
has there been a debate on sea world if not totally should be one

buttons
15-10-2015, 02:50 PM
has there been a debate on sea world if not totally should be one
feel free to make one :)

Triz
15-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Apologies if this has already been suggested, as I'm not going to lie, I haven't read this whole thread :)

Is AI (Artificial Intelligence) the way of the future or should it be prevented at all costs

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!