PDA

View Full Version : Norton

iJoe
11-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Anyone else ever had norton randomly appear on their pc?

I've never used norton yet about 3 times found it installed.

Just randomly from nowhere had norton security scanner pop up and try to get me to scan. Definately legit software from norton and not scareware or any other virus.

Quite annoying :/

xxMATTGxx
11-07-2011, 02:02 AM
You sure you haven't installed it when installing other software? Sometimes software during the installation setup, there will be a step where it will be like "Blah blah blah. Do you wish to install Norton something something" or any other software and if you don't say no or untick the right options. It will install that software as well.

Not sure if this valid for you but:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090106142440EN&ln=en_US

Flisker
11-07-2011, 02:59 PM
I believe Adobe Flash Player has the option to install it when installing Flash Player its self.

peteyt
12-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah a lot of programs try to get you to install stuff such as Norton security scanner or something. They software your downloading usually get some money due to this. Windows Live Plus or whatever its called today use this method.

Otherwise, do you only use the computer as if its family computer or something someone else could have installed it. I sometimes use the family computer, often if it needs fixed as they don't look after it. People seem to just click random stuff on it. I've found about 4-5 browsers on it before when they only use one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!