PDA

View Full Version : American Uni / SAT Exam / Scholarship / Financial Aid

Huggies
12-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Hello there, well its been my dream to school in america for years, Im in year 12 and currently looking at my UCAS stuff, Ive been told if i want to stand a chance of going to an american uni, i have to do an 'SAT' exam, its an exam where all Americans do before there accepted into any uni/college, ive been told i have to do that before October dose anyone know anything about this? or the price? been told by me head of year the last person who did it, it cost them £179 but he thinks its gone up.. ive checked there website and its says £79, any help ? I've also had a look for scholarships which i need, but all i seem to find is hoax silly crap, Im okay at basketball, im quiet tall and have room for improvement but im keen to do an Computing Scholarship, Ive spoken to my IT AS teacher whos told me that there is loads of scholarships out there.. she said she will help me find one next friday.. but i cant wait that long because its all time consuming... so could anyone help or point me in the right direction? and also financial aid dose anyone know anything about that with international students? i know your thinking why dont you ask your teachers, but they just think 'oh its another kid with big dreams who will never get there' so they arent very keen to help out! nothing is ever to small to say so if you know anything about american unis please let me know, thanks

iLogan
12-07-2011, 06:23 PM
"There are two ‘layers' of SATs, the basic SAT I tests, which are Maths and two English tests, and SAT II tests, which cover individual subjects such a science or a language. To apply to US universities, you will need to have taken SAT Is, and in many cases one or more SAT IIs"

You could look at this website, I know it's for Harvard, but I'm sure some of the information could help you: http://www.harvard-ukadmissions.co.uk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!