PDA

View Full Version : Runescape messed up my wrists

Richie
18-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Hey,
Years ago when I used to play runescape hardcore style I used to keep my left wrist bent for a long period of time to reach the arrow keys. When I rejoined a year or so ago I stopped but I still have huge regrets for playing the way I did. When I try to do arm curls in the gym I can feel the pain because my arms are in a straight position and I can actually see the bone sticking out slightly. You all probs play safely but just a heads up, try play with your hands in a straight position, although the camera keys are on the right of most keyboards, if you use your left hand to move the camera move your keyboard if you need to.

It sounds dumb but honestly if you're playing for hours it does come back and bite you in the bum, I'm nearly sure jagex got sued by a kid for making "him fat and lose touch to people in reality" so they added healthy safety tips on playing but I'm not sure if this is included in them. Just be careful, I'm not health expert but it messed my hands up.

P.s
I don't blame jagex, it was entirely my fault for the way I choose to play.

Youheard
18-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Also when you play make sure you're always wearing socks otherwise your feet will get really cold.

Rashelly
18-07-2011, 02:18 PM
And make sure you take at least an hour break every 23 hours or you'll become really sleep deprived.

Sleep deprivation is serious, it causes hyperactivity, horniness and in extreme cases death. Seriously, they did an experiment on cats.

Stay safe.

Wig44.
19-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Also make sure not to sit down for more than 17.3 +/- 0.2 hours at a time, Sarkey et al conducted a study that found it displaces the gluteal muscles, causes them to break down, promoting buttock cancer.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!