PDA

View Full Version : INVERTED SCROLLING = WEIRD!

HotelUser
20-07-2011, 05:01 PM
I've just updated to OS X 10.7. This is so weird / cool.

Who else has done this?

xxMATTGxx
20-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Would hate the idea If I had to use it but I believe you can turn it off, so it's all good.

HotelUser
20-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Would hate the idea If I had to use it but I believe you can turn it off, so it's all good.

Of course you'd hate it it's Apple and you're Matt.

I have to figure out how to configure spaces.

xxMATTGxx
20-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Of course you'd hate it it's Apple and you're Matt.

I have to figure out how to configure spaces.

Considering Chris Pirillo turned it off, that doesn't quite work! :P

But have fun with it =]

HotelUser
20-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Considering Chris Pirillo turned it off, that doesn't quite work! :P

But have fun with it =]

How silly of me not to do exactly what Chris Prillo is doing!

Recursion
20-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Uhh, it makes sense on touch screens and trackpads, it makes *no* sense at all on keyboards/mice.

HotelUser
20-07-2011, 05:35 PM
It's no worse than normal scrolling - takes about five minutes to get used to it. I love how smooth scrolling is on this, and the elastic feel when you exceed the scrolling boundaries is nice too.

Recursion
20-07-2011, 05:37 PM
It's no worse than normal scrolling - takes about five minutes to get used to it. I love how smooth scrolling is on this, and the elastic feel when you exceed the scrolling boundaries is nice too.

I'm not gunna lie, it's a nice aesthetic, but personally I'd disable that on a PC because I like being able to read the text without it bouncing around :P

Metric1
21-07-2011, 07:53 PM
I haven't upgraded to Snow Leopard yet..

Ceilidh.
21-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I upgraded yesterday. I hated it, I turned it back to normal straight away. I understand doing it like that with the iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone as you ARE touching the screen. I'm not touching my iMac's screen, I'm touching the magic mouse so it feels weird.

iBlueBox
21-07-2011, 08:47 PM
It' was a bit weird at first, I'm sort of getting used to it, give it a week,

DaveTaylor
21-07-2011, 08:51 PM
You get use to it, BUT DOES IT GIVE YOU THE BIGGER GB'S!

iBlueBox
23-07-2011, 10:53 AM
I've actually got really use to the scrolling now, It feel's as good as before.

myke
23-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I really like the new lion updates tbh. I did turn off that silly scrolling upside down thing though, it made no sense on my trackpad...

N!ck
23-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Just spun my mouse around and tried it on this page. It's surprisingly not too bad.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 02:59 PM
I've actually got really use to the scrolling now, It feel's as good as before.

Just spun my mouse around and tried it on this page. It's surprisingly not too bad.

You do get used to it soon enough! I'm not happy with the lack of magic mouse support. You can't even go back and forth in finder without installing magicprefs. I've configured it now so three fingered swipes navigate spaces and two finger swipes navigate back and forth in finder and Chrome.

Speaking of Chrome, it doesn't have the elastic scrolling effects nor the cool page transition animation, however I stopped using Safari because new links always opened in new windows in lieu of tabs, which was highly annoying.

lolwut
26-07-2011, 06:22 PM
It annoyed the hell out of me for a day or two, then when I finally got used to it, I realised how much better it feels. Not only is it more iOS-like, but it also feels more natural if you're doing a lot of (what was) downward scrolling for Twitter, Tumblr and the like.

Recursion
26-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I got sick of it within 2 hours and switched it back. I quite like Mission Control and the whole new look in Lion though!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!