PDA

View Full Version : The Market: a History

-:Undertaker:-
21-07-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/6141063/img/Anonymous/rarewatchdatagraph1.bmp

Well as sad as I am, i've been keeping this graph and adding to it over time for a period of many years now. I haven't posted it in at least two or so years (and its obviously changed since then), and I figured some might be interested to see how our market has developed over the years and the oldies on here might remember some parts of it. Trading was afterall much bigger than it is nowadays, and played a central role in the game. The period prior to 2005 (when I joined the hotel) I researched and asked older traders a few years back for any information on its condition back then, the rest is my own memory as i've been i'd say pretty involved in it throughout all of my time on the hotel.

Each spike on the graph etc was worked out at the time so they are not just made up, of course they won't be 100% accurate but its near enough. The value of the third UK rise for example was around x3 as much the first, you should get the jist. The darker colour used, as the key indicates, shows values from the announcement of the merge that was going to take place when the market shifted everywhere.

Of course inbetween the events there's been some spectacular events; the first rise of the Green Wooly Pillow, the Samovar Crisis involved the Russian Samovar and Holopod, the rise of the Strobe Solarium to the position of highest normal rare ever overtaking the Throne at the time among many more.

What are your main memories of the hotel concerning the market?

karter
21-07-2011, 11:59 AM
The sudden rise and immediate fall in the trades after the merge is interesting....

I don't think everything should be blamed upon the marketplace, it is quite useful in many ways actually. Blame the new furni, rares, and pets for this.

Niall!
21-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Just a question, are you just including furni for furni trades in this graph? Because this would explain a lot.

Also I remember that Samovar crisis, made a lot because of that. Thanks!

-:Undertaker:-
21-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Just a question, are you just including furni for furni trades in this graph? Because this would explain a lot.

Also I remember that Samovar crisis, made a lot because of that. Thanks!

Yes, just what the values of each item were at the time so 4.5 CS (Ambers in 2006) etc. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!