PDA

View Full Version : Tips For Runescape

Pigperson
23-07-2011, 01:32 AM
I just logged into my Runescape account after years of not playing. It has sure changed a lot with better graphics and more to do.

The big shock was, I have no idea how I had all these items lol. I found 550 rune essence which I mined before, but I also had 10,000 water essence :S No idea where that came from lol. I was shocked when I put it in the grand exchange because somehow I made like 143k from it and after so many years of playing, I finished on 50k. Now I'm on 195k and I'm shocked lol (I know that's nothing compared to millions people have).

Anyway, I was thinking of playing more and I need some tips:

1. What is the best way to level up if I am level 37, I want to get my attack/strength/defense stats up from 31 to 40 so I can buy rune armour but where are the best places to train?
2. What is the best way to make money, I use to mine rune essence loads but what's the best place/way?
3. What do you guys do on Runescape nowadays?

If you want to add me, my username is Pigawk - Talk to me if I'm online.

Will

Matthew
23-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Are you F2P or P2P?

9y
23-07-2011, 10:53 AM
1. What is the best way to level up if I am level 37, I want to get my attack/strength/defense stats up from 31 to 40 so I can buy rune armour but where are the best places to train?

Free to play: Hill giants, under edgeville, acquire a brass key to get easier access for banking. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Edgeville_Dungeon

Or security Stronghold Minotaurs - http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Stronghold_of_security

Pay to play: Anywhere really, theres so many more training grounds its unreal. Wander round and you shall find. I believe theres a few new areas to train in lumbridge.

2. What is the best way to make money, I use to mine rune essence loads but what's the best place/way?

Erm, I've noticed Charcole and Papyrus are completely unusable in Free to play but are easily obtained and can pull a good 15k per invent, which takes about 2 minutes. Search a cupboard in the white knights castle in falador and you'll get one of each, drop and repeat. It takes an hour to sell but its good money either way.

Erm nothing much, PK a bit but thats kinda got boring, I'm usually dicing or merchanting rares. Buying low selling high. simple stuff.

lawrawrrr
23-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I've just got up to 40 att/def/str myself, been killing hill giants in edgeville dungeon for the last few weeks, it's pretty quick! Always bring food just in case though. It also gives big bones (one of the only places) which increases prayer level a lot.

Money wise, rune ess is probably the best for F2P, but I've been picking/spinning flax, but there's a lot more ways - there's a few threads on here recently about that, so check them out - they know more than me!

What do I do? Skilling, doing quests and going round trying to find the perfect outfit... can't get it to fit xD

Aidenn
23-07-2011, 11:22 AM
What scott said :P

Look at Rashellys money making thread

Skill

9y
23-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I've just got up to 40 att/def/str myself, been killing hill giants in edgeville dungeon for the last few weeks, it's pretty quick! Always bring food just in case though. It also gives big bones (one of the only places) which increases prayer level a lot.

Money wise, rune ess is probably the best for F2P, but I've been picking/spinning flax, but there's a lot more ways - there's a few threads on here recently about that, so check them out - they know more than me!

What do I do? Skilling, doing quests and going round trying to find the perfect outfit... can't get it to fit xD

Quite an attractive outfit if you can afford:

Green H'ween mask or Green Dragon Mask
Green elegant top
Green elegant bottom
Green boots/gloves
Fletch cape / wc cape / green fremmenik cloak
Guthix book

This can also be upgraded when you can afford more, red h'ween mask/santa/red dragon mask with red elegant, black drag mask with black elegant.

Pigperson
23-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Are you F2P or P2P?

F2P I think lol. I'm not a member and have never been :D

Free to play: Hill giants, under edgeville, acquire a brass key to get easier access for banking. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Edgeville_Dungeon

Or security Stronghold Minotaurs - http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Stronghold_of_security

Pay to play: Anywhere really, theres so many more training grounds its unreal. Wander round and you shall find. I believe theres a few new areas to train in lumbridge.

Erm, I've noticed Charcole and Papyrus are completely unusable in Free to play but are easily obtained and can pull a good 15k per invent, which takes about 2 minutes. Search a cupboard in the white knights castle in falador and you'll get one of each, drop and repeat. It takes an hour to sell but its good money either way.

Erm nothing much, PK a bit but thats kinda got boring, I'm usually dicing or merchanting rares. Buying low selling high. simple stuff.

Thanks a lot for the help Scott :D I'll use these methods.

I watched a video about the hill giants in that dungeon. I believe they are level 28 so that sounds good and the bones and limpwurt roots sell for quite a bit :D

What scott said :P

Look at Rashellys money making thread

Skill

Thanks Aiden :D

Quite an attractive outfit if you can afford:

Green H'ween mask or Green Dragon Mask
Green elegant top
Green elegant bottom
Green boots/gloves
Fletch cape / wc cape / green fremmenik cloak
Guthix book

This can also be upgraded when you can afford more, red h'ween mask/santa/red dragon mask with red elegant, black drag mask with black elegant.

What you just said confused the **** out of me LOL. I'm not a member unfortunately :(

Will

Rashelly
23-07-2011, 05:48 PM
okay... I do suggest you buy members as it opens up 75% of the game. But obviously only if you think you'll play it :)

F2P -
1. you can raise combat levels by killing guards in cities, barbarians just west of varrock etc. Basically anything below your level that you can hit easily.
2. don't bother mining rune ess in free play as it doesn't sell for much. Kill cows and chickens for cow hides and feathers, they're currently about 100gp each for hides and 15gp each for feathers
3. I personally spend most of my time raising skills but with membership, there are lots of other things you can do (quests, minigames, pvp etc). My advice would be to explore... Spend a bit of time just walking around and see what others are doing until you find something that takes your fancy.

PS, check out my money making guide (that aidenn mentioned in an earlier post)
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=711561
when you get used to the game that might come in handy for making money :)

www.tip.it and www.runescape.wikia.com are very handy too.

Pigperson
23-07-2011, 07:14 PM
okay... I do suggest you buy members as it opens up 75% of the game. But obviously only if you think you'll play it :)

F2P -
1. you can raise combat levels by killing guards in cities, barbarians just west of varrock etc. Basically anything below your level that you can hit easily.
2. don't bother mining rune ess in free play as it doesn't sell for much. Kill cows and chickens for cow hides and feathers, they're currently about 100gp each for hides and 15gp each for feathers
3. I personally spend most of my time raising skills but with membership, there are lots of other things you can do (quests, minigames, pvp etc). My advice would be to explore... Spend a bit of time just walking around and see what others are doing until you find something that takes your fancy.

PS, check out my money making guide (that aidenn mentioned in an earlier post)
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=711561
when you get used to the game that might come in handy for making money :)

www.tip.it and www.runescape.wikia.com are very handy too.

Will

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!