PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse found dead

Pages : [1] 2

iLogan
23-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Amy Winehouse has been found dead in her flat in London.

Will post source as soon as it's online!

Mathew
23-07-2011, 04:30 PM
for reals?????????? how do you know? :O

cocaine
23-07-2011, 04:31 PM
saw this on facebook but what source?!

Robbie
23-07-2011, 04:32 PM
It's on Sky News now channel 501 but not on the website.

EDIT: Is on their twitter though, http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsBreak/status/94805534955405312

iLogan
23-07-2011, 04:32 PM
err body tweeting about it and it's on Sky News website on the breaking news marquee but an article hasn't been published yet

http://twitpic.com/5umy4r

Mathew
23-07-2011, 04:33 PM
omggggg yeah just seen it on Sky News website and it's on Sky News!!!!!! How odd. I do suppose it was expected with the amount of drugs she takes though......

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Death is being treated as unexplained!!!

AlexOC
23-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Such a shame. She had a lot of problems, and yeah, a lot of people will say she brought it on herself with her drug use, but it's still not nice to see a girl with such talent dying like that. I loved her music too, proper chilled out. RIP.

Ed.
23-07-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018020/Amy-Winehouse-confirmed-dead.html

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Rumours of a suspected heroin overdose but not yet confirmed

Liam
23-07-2011, 04:40 PM
And that's why you shouldn't do (hard) drugs kids.

scott
23-07-2011, 04:41 PM
That's a shame to read, I really liked her music! This is silly tho:

"Sky News: Mitch Winehouse is on a plane and doesn't know his daughter is dead. "

Slowpoke
And that's why you shouldn't do (hard) drugs kids.

Need we start the drug debate again? Oh dear *restrains self*

buttons
my facebook are being really really sympathetic of course :rolleyes: last time i read, she was off drugs but drinking a lot. i liked her aswell, it's a shame. RIP.

oh her wiki page already sigh " Winehouse died on 23 July 2011 following a suspected drug overdose" some people are right morons

Rozi
23-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Such a waste of talent :( RIP

Liam
23-07-2011, 04:45 PM
http://www.flawlesshustle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/amydead.jpg

wiktoria
23-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Aw such a shame. She had a great voice!

=Lizzy
23-07-2011, 04:47 PM
So unexpected, i loved her music. rip:(

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 04:48 PM
It's incredible how quickly the news spread!

brandon
23-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Sadenning. R.I.P.

Judas
23-07-2011, 05:00 PM
so sad. one of the greatest talents in recent years, it's a shame she had to go. i didn't see this coming, was waiting for her to get better and make a great comeback. guess it was never meant to happen :/

Mathew
23-07-2011, 05:01 PM
It's incredible how quickly the news spread!
I love how advanced we are in today's world. It's flipping amazing how everyone can know this in next to no time.

I love this which I just saw on Wikipedia... :P!!

http://mathewgillings.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/amy.png (http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2011/07/23/amy-winehouse/)

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 05:02 PM
What's really pissing me off is people on Facebook like "She deserved it" or "I have no sympathy for people who take drugs" - all this coming from people who drink alcohol themselves. Their argument is "alcohol is safe". I am actually astounded at the ignorance of a lot people nowadays

Jordy
23-07-2011, 05:05 PM
I love how advanced we are in today's world. It's flipping amazing how everyone can know this in next to no time.

I love this which I just saw on Wikipedia... :P!!

http://mathewgillings.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/amy.png (http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2011/07/23/amy-winehouse/)
What a completely ridiculous article on your website which isn't amusing in the slightest despite it's poor attempt to be light-hearted and some idiotic claims/predictions.
Sky Sources: Police treating death of singer Amy Winehouse as “unexplained”
I think it’s quite obvious, don’t you?

27-year-old Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her flat in London (not in Norway, funnily enough)! Just seen it on the scrolling marquee on the Sky News website and it’s currently being shown on their channel. Obviously it’s horrible when such a well-known icon in the media has been lost and my thoughts go out to her family and friends, although I can’t help but feel she had it coming considering the amount of drink and drugs she takes. Sadly, I don’t know a great deal about her but I do know she had a couple of decent songs – why does it always seem like the successful artists are such maniacs when it comes to their personal lives? Do the flashes of the paparazzi make you hungry for drugs?

No doubt another intrusive Jade Goody-style funeral is in the works.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 05:08 PM
What's really pissing me off is people on Facebook like "She deserved it" or "I have no sympathy for people who take drugs" - all this coming from people who drink alcohol themselves. Their argument is "alcohol is safe". I am actually astounded at the ignorance of a lot people nowadays

I do not know who Amy Winehouse is likely because I'm on the other side of the pond but if she was on drugs she was an idiot. As is anyone does is an idiot. Having said that it doesn't mean they deserve to die.

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 05:09 PM
What a completely ridiculous article on your website which isn't amusing in the slightest despite it's poor attempt to be light-hearted and some idiotic claims/predictions.

That quote you've posted is disgusting

flatface
23-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Two paramedic led ambulances responded to the 999 call from Amy Winehouse's flat. Nobody wakes up and actively chooses to become an alcoholic or a drug addict. It just creeps on up them. Terribly sad when it does.

Phil
23-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Ambulance was called and police and doctors arrived at the house. Who called them? Do we know? Did she call them herself or did someone else call them and leave? All I've heard today is "she deserved it". Yeah, I suppose she got what was coming to her but it's really sad, she's such a talented women.

Jahova
23-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Her fault. Wasted talent. Should have listened to doctors.

Slowpoke
Nobody wakes up and actively chooses to become an alcoholic or a drug addict. It just creeps on up them

Wow, someone is finally on my wavelength!

cocaine
no one intends on becoming addicted to drugs/alcohol you know. sure she had people there to help her but i guess there's only so much they could do for her.

The Don
23-07-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm gutted. I loved her music and was recently going through a phase listening to her... I find it disgusting that people are making jokes about it already, what horrible people they are.

Absently
23-07-2011, 05:15 PM
aw my mother loved her, she's completely devastated :(

Jahova
23-07-2011, 05:16 PM
The Wikipedia thing is amusing. Also, people seem to be caring more for an alcoholic, drug taking singer than 92 people who died in Norway. Silly.

Jordy
23-07-2011, 05:19 PM
That quote you've posted is disgustingIndeed, it's the article I was referring to.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 05:20 PM
no one intends on becoming addicted to drugs/alcohol you know. sure she had people there to help her but i guess there's only so much they could do for her.

Two paramedic led ambulances responded to the 999 call from Amy Winehouse's flat. Nobody wakes up and actively chooses to become an alcoholic or a drug addict. It just creeps on up them. Terribly sad when it does.

That's not an excuse at all. You could say that about anything - I'm sure pedophiles don't like being pedophiles either. She chose to start doing drugs. I cannot begin to fathom how incredibly easy the majority of us and her (when alive) have it and there is absolutely no reason at all why she couldn't have initially or even in the end looked for help to resist drugs. It is a shame Amy Winehouse died. What dwarfs that shame into oblivion is the tragedy that an illegal and unhealthy industry has once again claimed the life of a bright young individual who wasn't finished making her mark on the world.

cocaine
23-07-2011, 05:21 PM
The Wikipedia thing is amusing. Also, people seem to be caring more for an alcoholic, drug taking singer than 92 people who died in Norway. Silly.

generalising a bit there aren't we?

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 05:23 PM
That's not an excuse at all. You could say that about anything - I'm sure pedophiles don't like being pedophiles either. She chose to start doing drugs. I cannot begin to fathom how incredibly easy the majority of us and her (when alive) have it and there is absolutely no reason at all why she couldn't have initially or even in the end looked for help to resist drugs. It is a shame Amy Winehouse died. What dwarfs that shame into oblivion is the tragedy that an illegal and unhealthy industry has once again claimed the life of a bright young individual who wasn't finished making her mark on the world.

You are comparing pedophiles to people who use substances? You need select your comparisons more carefully

cocaine
23-07-2011, 05:24 PM

how is paedophillia even comparable to substance abuse? it's a bit deeper than "she could have stopped had she sought the help". it may have been the case it became a strong mental affliction and by that time had she given up she may have certainly relapsed because it had carried on too long.

Jahova
23-07-2011, 05:24 PM
generalising a bit there aren't we?

That's what she was and I'm just stating a point.

+ before you say, yes, there are many alcoholic, drug taking singers.

flatface
23-07-2011, 05:26 PM

Absolutely disgusting how you can make a comparison between people who have a drug addiction to paedophilia... I've seen it time and time again, these people want help and do seek help, but their environment means that it just leads them in a vicious circle through no fault of their own - these people such as Amy Winehouse are not criminals, simply victims.

wixard
23-07-2011, 05:26 PM

i don't really think it's fair to compare the two
although saying that yesterday when i was on the bus i overheard a WOMAN asking where norway was on the map and if it was 'that country beside france'
i was like .............................

Jahova
23-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Absolutely disgusting how you can make a comparison between people who have a drug addiction to paedophilia...

Well, they're both problems and are illegal..

flatface
23-07-2011, 05:28 PM

But both at complete opposite ends of the scale :S?

cocaine
23-07-2011, 05:28 PM

they can hardly be classed in the same category :rolleyes:

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 05:29 PM
how is paedophillia even comparable to substance abuse? it's a bit deeper than "she could have stopped had she sought the help". it may have been the case it became a strong mental affliction and by that time had she given up she may have certainly relapsed because it had carried on too long.

If she was so deep into drugs it's a shame she didn't stop sooner, or that she even started doing drugs at all then.

You are comparing pedophiles to people who use substances? You need select your comparisons more carefully

The comparison is between a person with rational behaviour vs one with irrational behaviour. The comparison is solid and reaffirms that people with addictions, whether it's being addicted to drugs, peadophilia, theft etc never wanted to get so deep into it but they did anyway. I in no way compared the crime of being a pedophile to consuming illegal narcotics thanks, I was merely comparing the similarities in assorted addictions.

Jahova
23-07-2011, 05:30 PM
But both at complete opposite ends of the scale :S?
Yes, I would agree.

they can hardly be classed in the same category :rolleyes:
Yes, illegal?

Jordy
23-07-2011, 05:31 PM
That's not an excuse at all. You could say that about anything - I'm sure pedophiles don't like being pedophiles either. She chose to start doing drugs. I cannot begin to fathom how incredibly easy the majority of us and her (when alive) have it and there is absolutely no reason at all why she couldn't have initially or even in the end looked for help to resist drugs. It is a shame Amy Winehouse died. What dwarfs that shame into oblivion is the tragedy that an illegal and unhealthy industry has once again claimed the life of a bright young individual who wasn't finished making her mark on the world.I can fathom why people would take drugs. Because they want a bit of a fun, it's natural to experiment and want more from life.

What's your alternative to fun? Locking a thread on a forum? Sending out warning PMs? Generalising in threads? Having no social skills and never going out? Oh wait I'm generalising now too. No doubt more accurately though.

Jahova
23-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I can fathom why people would take drugs. Because they want a bit of a fun, it's natural to experiment and want more from life.

What's your alternative to fun? Locking a thread on a forum? Sending out warning PMs? Generalising in threads? Having no social skills and never going out? Oh wait I'm generalising now too. No doubt more accurately though.

Drugs are not always fun. Sorry sonny.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I can fathom why people would take drugs. Because they want a bit of a fun, it's natural to experiment and want more from life.

Apparently you're incapable of perceiving fun things to do other than doing drugs and using Habbox. Shame.

flatface
23-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Drugs are not always fun. Sorry sonny.

He never said they're always fun - he said people take drugs because they wish to experiment and have fun, whether that's the case or not is a different matter

cocaine
23-07-2011, 05:35 PM
If she was so deep into drugs it's a shame she didn't stop sooner, or that she even started doing drugs at all then.

do you think someone so involved in drug use is going to try and cut off their enjoyment of substance abuse and attempt to quit? no i didn't think so either. it seems you cannot comprehend what a mental addicition would do to someone.

Yes, I would agree.

Yes, illegal?

so why are you trying to compare them if you acknowledge the fact that they're completely different to each other? seems rather contradictory to me

The Don
23-07-2011, 05:36 PM
It's a bit harsh comparing people who take drugs to pedophiles.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 05:37 PM
It's a bit harsh comparing people who take drugs to pedophiles.

I agree and thank god nobody is comparing her actions to the actions of a pedophile then (read the thread).

do you think someone so involved in drug use is going to try and cut off their enjoyment of substance abuse and attempt to quit? no i didn't think so either. it seems you cannot comprehend what a mental addicition would do to someone.

so why are you trying to compare them if you acknowledge the fact that they're completely different to each other? seems rather contradictory to me

You seem to be trying to infer that I've said people beyond escape of addiction should still attempt to escape it. Whilst this would be ideal it's quite unlikely to happen so at that point when the addiction is at its climax it's a shame nobody around her brought her to help. What I am saying isn't to do with long term addiction. I am saying it is a shame she was foolish enough (as is anyone) to even start doing illegal drugs in the first place. Do not put words in my mouth.

CrazyLemurs
23-07-2011, 05:39 PM
32 browsing this thread atm.
Gosh this is so shocking she's just dead. Amy Winehouse will never take another step. She'll never say another word. But drugs are the problem. Such a way to go :'(
I'm doing this as the article too guys, dont worry...

Jahova
23-07-2011, 05:40 PM

They may be at different ends of how serious I'd say they are but the matter of the fact is that they're both illegal. Plus, I never tried to compare them actually. Get your facts right.

The Don
23-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I agree and thank god nobody is comparing her actions to the actions of a pedophile then (read the thread).

You seem to be trying to infer that I've said people beyond escape of addiction should still attempt to escape it. Whilst this would be ideal it's quite unlikely to happen so at that point when the addiction is at its climax it's a shame nobody around her brought her to help. What I am saying isn't to do with long term addiction. I am saying it is a shame she was foolish enough (as is anyone) to even start doing illegal drugs in the first place. Do not put words in my mouth.

if you did a bit of background research you'd fine that she did try to get help, he father lived with her for months, she went to rehab numerous times.

cocaine
23-07-2011, 05:45 PM

then we differ greatly on our opinions. i don't think there is any problem with people who wish to simply experience substances - it is purely down to themselves yet obviously addictions can develop, perhaps through or perhaps not through fault of their own. i say experience of course, because we learn and so develop ourselves more through experience.

They may be at different ends of how serious I'd say they are but the matter of the fact is that they're both illegal. Plus, I never tried to compare them actually. Get your facts right.

my bad - i mistook you for someone else. but while they're both illegal i don't agree with them being compared - key phrase 'i don't think paedophiles like being paedophiles either', in reference to drug addicts. not by you, but whoever else posted that.

The Don
23-07-2011, 05:46 PM

You brought pedophiles into this thread when using a comparison. So you kind of did compare the two...

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 05:52 PM
You brought pedophiles into this thread when using a comparison. So you kind of did compare the two...

I don't know how to make this much more clear:

THE ACTIONS OF PEDOPHILES AND DRUGS ADDICTS WERE NEVER COMPARED IN THIS THREAD. THE SIMILARITIES THAT COME WITH BEING ADDICTED TO THINGS WERE.

then we differ greatly on our opinions. i don't think there is any problem with people who wish to simply experience substances - it is purely down to themselves yet obviously addictions can develop, perhaps through or perhaps not through fault of their own. i say experience of course, because we learn and so develop ourselves more through experience.

my bad - i mistook you for someone else. but while they're both illegal i don't agree with them being compared - key phrase 'i don't think paedophiles like being paedophiles either', in reference to drug addicts. not by you, but whoever else posted that.

It's your own body so to each their own in the end - I will still openly throw insult to anyone doing drugs, though :P

if you did a bit of background research you'd fine that she did try to get help, he father lived with her for months, she went to rehab numerous times.

Actually as I said initially I've never heard of Amy Winehouse. I don't think a lot of people over here have. It's to her credit then that she did look to get help and it makes it even more upsetting if she still died in the end then.

Sharon
23-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Everyone saw it coming anyway? R.I.P

Firehorse
23-07-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't get what the big deal is. She hasn't had a hit for years and people predicted this would happen years ago, everyone saw it coming.

Judas
23-07-2011, 05:56 PM

that is a piss poor argument. be ashamed of yourself. what if someone in your family went through the same ordeal that amy did? maybe that's what it would take for you to realise how inappropriate you are being by saying these things.

I don't get what the big deal is. She hasn't had a hit for years and people predicted this would happen years ago, everyone saw it coming.

sorry but this is incredibly stupid. amy was a great talent, so the fact she hasn't had a hit for years is SO irrelevant to her death. MJ hadn't had a hit for years before his death either... i think people like you forget that artists are actual people as well. the fact it was predictable doesn't make it less of a tragic situation.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 05:57 PM
that is a piss poor argument. be ashamed of yourself. what if someone in your family went through the same ordeal that amy did? maybe that's what it would take for you to realise how inappropriate you are being by saying these things.

Not a piss poor argument and how do you know it hasn't?

Mathew
23-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the hits Jordy, but clearly the idea of an opinion is beyond you. I had higher expectations from you than that.

Judas
23-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Not a piss poor argument and how do you know it hasn't?

yes it is. how is becoming addicted to those horrible drugs comparable to having sex with children? and i know it hasn't because if it had you would have some understanding and respect for this tragic loss.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 06:00 PM
yes it is. how is becoming addicted to those horrible drugs comparable to having sex with children? and i know it hasn't because if it had you would have some understanding and respect for this tragic loss.

Clearly you're just plain incapable of reading what's right in your face. Please read over my previous posts. Particularly the one with giant red letters.

Richie
23-07-2011, 06:00 PM
92 ppl killed in norway, amy winehouse dead and a train collision in china killing 11 and injuring 82 ppl! scary day too much bad news.

May they all rest in peace

Firehorse
23-07-2011, 06:03 PM
sorry but this is incredibly stupid. amy was a great talent, so the fact she hasn't had a hit for years is SO irrelevant to her death. MJ hadn't had a hit for years before his death either... i think people like you forget that artists are actual people as well. the fact it was predictable doesn't make it less of a tragic situation.

How on earth can you compare Amy Winehouse with Michael Jackson? Jackson was a legend, Winehouse was an idiot with a good voice. I think that people like you blow things out of proportion, one death of a druggy shouldn't be a bigger story than the massacre in Norway.

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Clearly you're just plain incapable of reading what's right in your face. Please read over my previous posts. Particularly the one with giant red letters.

yeah because i do have the time to read through 7 pages. anyway, in response to your "giant red letters", the comparison is STILL stupid. and YES it was a comparison, hence you said there was "similarities". being a pedophile doesn't mean you are "addicted" either, it's just a (wrong) sexual preference. if you touched up one child you would be considered a pedophile, you don't need to be addicted. it's just a ******ed comparison and i can't believe i'm even discussing it with you. it's a stupid argument. try something else if you want to be taken seriously.

Richie
23-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Wow guys shut up arguing, the chick died and all you can do is make comparisons and make her look bad, show some respect.

Jordy
23-07-2011, 06:06 PM
The paedofile and drug takers comparison was particularly unnecessary and quite frankly I'm disappointed in it. There was no need at all for it David.

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:08 PM
How on earth can you compare Amy Winehouse with Michael Jackson? Jackson was a legend, Winehouse was an idiot with a good voice. I think that people like you blow things out of proportion, one death of a druggy shouldn't be a bigger story than the massacre in Norway.

i can compare the two because they were/are both important modern day pop culture figures who made an impact on the music industry and achieved huge record sales during their peak and made a lasting impact in the media. the only difference is michael jackson had a much longer career, and guess why? because amy died so young.

and that's just how our world is. deal with it appropriately. and i think you will find that amy will go on to become a legend, no less because of idiots like you that waste your time discussing and hating on someone who you apparently don't care about.

cocaine
23-07-2011, 06:12 PM

this = stupid. lol he's not comparing their skill. why is when they had their last hit anything at all to do with their deaths?

Firehorse
23-07-2011, 06:14 PM
i can compare the two because they were/are both important modern day pop culture figures who made an impact on the music industry and achieved huge record sales during their peak and made a lasting impact in the media. the only difference is michael jackson had a much longer career, and guess why? because amy died so young.

and that's just how our world is. deal with it appropriately. and i think you will find that amy will go on to become a legend, no less because of idiots like you that waste your time discussing and hating on someone who you apparently don't care about.

No. Amy Winehouse's career was ruined years ago, when she became addicted. She had a couple of sucessful albums, and a couple of globally successful singles. That was it.
You're comparing a one hit wonder with an icon. You go anywhere in the world and half of everyone you ask will know about Michael Jackson. Then ask who knows Winehouse, maybe 5% at best.

this = stupid. lol he's not comparing their skill. why is when they had their last hit anything at all to do with their deaths?

It's critisizing why it's such big news.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 06:15 PM
yeah because i do have the time to read through 7 pages. anyway, in response to your "giant red letters", the comparison is STILL stupid. and YES it was a comparison, hence you said there was "similarities". being a pedophile doesn't mean you are "addicted" either, it's just a (wrong) sexual preference. if you touched up one child you would be considered a pedophile, you don't need to be addicted. it's just a ******ed comparison and i can't believe i'm even discussing it with you. it's a stupid argument. try something else if you want to be taken seriously.

Pedophiles recommit crimes of pedophilia and are classified as people with a psychiatric disorder. It's a mental disorder and pedophiles with it probably don't like looking in a mirror and saying, "urgh wholly crap I'm a pedophile." I was comparing the fact that pedophiles like heavy drug addicts don't typically want to continue doing the negative unhealthy things they are doing but they don't know how to stop.

If I had my way, I'd bring back the death sentence to Canada and start prosecuting pedophiles. Now, if you still cannot understand that the comparison here is between common symptoms of addictions, and not between the actions those with addictions take I only have one thing to show you:

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2010/02/double-facepalm.jpg

I have bolded the term 'pedo' above because contrary to popular belief it is okay in this world to compare two things in different ways. Even if one of those things is a seriously bad thing, and the other a seriously seriously bad thing.

cocaine
23-07-2011, 06:17 PM
It's critisizing why it's such big news.

well that answered my question.... not

Sharon
23-07-2011, 06:18 PM
not read the whole thread, frankly for a reason. you can't compare amy to a peado nor can you compare her to michael jackson. pretty ****** up that your all arguing over her, just say your rip and move ON other people have died today too, just because she's famous doesn't make her death super special.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 06:21 PM
not read the whole thread, frankly for a reason. you can't compare amy to a peado nor can you compare her to michael jackson. pretty ****** up that your all arguing over her, just say your rip and move ON other people have died today too, just because she's famous doesn't make her death super special.

Shaz, nobody's comparing Amy to a pedophile like that. Read the thread and reply :)

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:21 PM
No. Amy Winehouse's career was ruined years ago, when she became addicted. She had a couple of sucessful albums, and a couple of globally successful singles. That was it.
You're comparing a one hit wonder with an icon. You go anywhere in the world and half of everyone you ask will know about Michael Jackson. Then ask who knows Winehouse, maybe 5% at best.

how is she a one hit wonder then? what on earth am i talking to at the moment?

so 5% of people know who amy winehouse is. right. turn on any news channel right now, 8/10 of the trending topics on twitter are to do with her death and her name was the top trending topic on twitter within ten minutes of her death being announced. her last album was HUGELY significant in pop culture and she is a widely recognized figure all around the world.

obviously everyone knows who michael jackson is, but for someone who had such a short career as amy she achieved great things and popularity. her career was only ended by her death. so many artists have bounced back after horrible periods in her life, so who is to say she wouldn't have.

a death under these circumstances is tragic, regardless of how well known you are. stop trying to dismiss that.

Pedophiles recommit crimes of pedophilia and are classified as people with a psychiatric disorder. It's a mental disorder and pedophiles with it probably don't like looking in a mirror and saying, "urgh wholly crap I'm a pedophile." I was comparing the fact that pedophiles like heavy drug addicts don't typically want to continue doing the negative unhealthy things they are doing but they don't know how to stop.

If I had my way, I'd bring back the death sentence to Canada and start prosecuting pedophiles. Now, if you still cannot understand that the comparison here is between common symptoms of addictions, and not between the actions those with addictions take I only have one thing to show you:

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2010/02/double-facepalm.jpg

I have bolded the term 'pedo' above because contrary to popular belief it is okay in this world to compare two things in different ways. Even if one of those things is a seriously bad thing, and the other a seriously seriously bad thing.

please stop being stupid because i know you aren't

so okay whatever i will just disregard how stupid the comparison is and accept it. so how in anyway does that mean her death is so meaningless?

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I can't actually believe what I'm reading in this thread

buttons
23-07-2011, 06:22 PM
32 browsing this thread atm.
Gosh this is so shocking she's just dead. Amy Winehouse will never take another step. She'll never say another word. But drugs are the problem. Such a way to go :'(
I'm doing this as the article too guys, dont worry...
drugs weren't the problem, they were the cause. she had problems before and hence why she used the drugs and the alcohol in the first place. she didn't have an 'easy life', her life spiraled when her gran died then she met blake who introduced her to drugs (or at least harder ones). before that she was in to alcohol and apparently before her death she was off drugs and only drinking alcohol but it's likely she took both nearer the end which killed her. & getting help for any problem only happens if you're willing to get help, her dad tried to force in to quitting and it's not exactly easy... woops looks like i'm talking to you, just wanted to mention the drugs weren't the problem:P

i don't see why people say she deserved it, it's not like she murdered anyone or hurt anyone other than herself (& probably husband) & about the 92 people dying in norway, yeah it's sad but you can't use that as an excuse for not feeling sad over amy. if it happened on a different day, would it be any different? no, people will always be more interested in the death of a 'star' ... seen people on facebook making that comparison when they wouldn't care any other day, plus they were same people joking about the japanese earthquake.

Firehorse
23-07-2011, 06:23 PM
well that answered my question.... not

Well FYI I wasn't commenting as if he was comparing their skills. I was quote: critisizing why it's such big news. Which yes does reply to your post, even though your post was misinformed anyway.

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:24 PM
drugs weren't the problem, they were the cause. she had problems before and hence why she used the drugs and the alcohol in the first place. she didn't have an 'easy life', her life spiraled when her gran died then she met blake who introduced her to drugs (or at least harder ones). before that she was in to alcohol and apparently before her death she was off drugs and only drinking alcohol but it's likely she took both nearer the end which killed her. & getting help for any problem only happens if you're willing to get help, her dad tried to force in to quitting and it's not exactly easy... woops looks like i'm talking to you, just wanted to mention the drugs weren't the problem:P

i don't see why people say she deserved it, it's not like she murdered anyone or hurt anyone other than herself (& probably husband) & about the 92 people dying in norway, yeah it's sad but you can't use that as an excuse for not feeling sad over amy. if it happened on a different day, would it be any different? no, people will always be more interested in the death of a 'star' ... seen people on facebook making that comparison when they wouldn't care any other day, plus they were same people joking about the japanese earthquake.

all of this 100%. people just love to hate, even when they are dead. the lack of respect people can have sickens me

Inseriousity.
23-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Wow didn't expect this. She got in the wrong crowd which is a shame because she had some good songs and could've gone much further. RIP.

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Well FYI I wasn't commenting as if he was comparing their skills. I was quote: critisizing why it's such big news. Which yes does reply to your post, even though your post was misinformed anyway.

what on earth do you expect? she's hugely famous so OBVIOUSLY it's going to be big news and to think otherwise is simply idiotic

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 06:27 PM
how is she a one hit wonder then? what on earth am i talking to at the moment?

so 5% of people know who amy winehouse is. right. turn on any news channel right now, 8/10 of the trending topics on twitter are to do with her death and her name was the top trending topic on twitter within ten minutes of her death being announced. her last album was HUGELY significant in pop culture and she is a widely recognized figure all around the world.

obviously everyone knows who michael jackson is, but for someone who had such a short career as amy she achieved great things and popularity. her career was only ended by her death. so many artists have bounced back after horrible periods in her life, so who is to say she wouldn't have.

a death under these circumstances is tragic, regardless of how well known you are. stop trying to dismiss that.

please stop being stupid because i know you aren't

so okay whatever i will just disregard how stupid the comparison is and accept it. so how in anyway does that mean her death is so meaningless?

You should really stop putting words in my mouth. I never once said her death is meaningless. Here is what I said:

1. I think it's stupid to start doing drugs. If you do drugs - great!!!1 I don't care. I think it's one of the most stupid things you can do. It's horrible she passed and drugs were involved but I'm not going to sugar coat my opinion on drugs, so sorry!

2. I used a comparison between different sorts of disorders where victims experience symptoms of addiction and everyone who read it accidentally forgot English and thought I was calling her a pedophile.

flatface
23-07-2011, 06:32 PM

AMEN SISTA!

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:33 PM
You should really stop putting words in my mouth. I never once said her death is meaningless. Here is what I said:

1. I think it's stupid to start doing drugs. If you do drugs - great!!!1 I don't care. I think it's one of the most stupid things you can do. It's horrible she passed and drugs were involved but I'm not going to sugar coat my opinion on drugs, so sorry!

2. I used a comparison between different sorts of disorders where victims experience symptoms of addiction and everyone who read it accidentally forgot English and thought I was calling her a pedophile (for those just tuning in I'm considering comparing addictions of those on drugs to those who suffer from Anorexia next. Yes, that's right. I'll be calling Amy Winehouse Anorexia!)

sorry i got mixed up with you and the other disrespectful fool in this thread

no one asked for your opinion on drugs. if that's your opinion, nice, i don't care. however there is a time and a place to air such opinions, especially when discussing the death of a person who has just been beaten in their five year long battle with such substances. it's inappropriate. why can't people just say RIP and move on anymore?

& lol i never said you were calling her a pedophile. just said that comparing pedophilia to a hard drug addiction is a stupid comparison to make. which it was, and still is no matter how hard you try to justify it.

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 06:33 PM
no one asked for your opinion on drugs. if that's your opinion, nice, i don't care. however there is a time and a place to air such opinions, especially when discussing the death of a person who has just been beaten in their five year long battle with such substances. it's inappropriate. why can't people just say RIP and move on anymore?

& lol i never said you were calling her a pedophile. just said that comparing pedophilia to a hard drug addiction is a stupid comparison to make. which it was, and still is no matter how hard you try to justify it.

I wont hold the fact that you don't know what addiction is against you then.

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:37 PM

i don't know how you came to that conclusion but you would probably be shocked to find out that i know a lot more about the subject than you seem to assume.

Firehorse
23-07-2011, 06:37 PM
what on earth do you expect? she's hugely famous so OBVIOUSLY it's going to be big news and to think otherwise is simply idiotic

The only reason she's "hugely" famous is for her drug addiction. She's more famous for doing drugs than her music, it's what made her famous.
At the end of the day this is everyone "awwing" over a drug addict dying. A great example for kids isn't it?
If she had died without being addicted to drugs then perhaps i'd have more sympathy, but quite frankly someone who dies from their own idiocy doesn't deserve sympathy, especially from the news.

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 06:38 PM

No, you're the one who doesn't seem to understand. "I think it's stupid to start doing drugs" -- it's not all so black and white. By the sounds of it you were raised in a bubble.

The only reason she's "hugely" famous is for her drug addiction. She's more famous for doing drugs than her music, it's what made her famous.

You keep on thinking that sweety

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 06:40 PM
No, you're the one who doesn't seem to understand. "I think it's stupid to start doing drugs" -- it's not all so black and white. By the sounds of it you were raised in a bubble.

I'd rather live without thought to drugs, than being addicted to them so I can live outside of your pretty little bubble :)

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:42 PM
At the end of the day this is everyone "awwing" over a drug addict dying. A great example for kids isn't it?
If she had died without being addicted to drugs then perhaps i'd have more sympathy, but quite frankly someone who dies from their own idiocy doesn't deserve sympathy, even after they die.

for the record her cause of death has been unconfirmed as of yet so don't jump to conclusions babe xo

though i agree it is likely the reason, the fact that she had depression (widely believed to have been caused by the death of her grandmother, with whom she had a very close relationship) that led to a serious battle with drink and drugs and ultimately her untimely death whilst always being mocked and ridiculed in the media with a camera in her face whenever she stepped out of her house was horrible and she can't be blamed. if you think she deserved to go through all of that, then you are a sick sick person. i can't even imagine what it would be like to see your friend, godmother, girlfriend, DAUGHTER go through all of that and not make it out the other side alive.

Jssy
23-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Just browsing the internet, and thought this was just a rumour, wow.

CrazyLemurs
23-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Gosh put your claws away!

e5
23-07-2011, 06:45 PM
This is crazy !!

buttons
23-07-2011, 06:47 PM
for the record her cause of death has been unconfirmed as of yet so don't jump to conclusions babe xo

though i agree it is likely the reason, the fact that she had depression (widely believed to have been caused by the death of her grandmother, with whom she had a very close relationship) that led to a serious battle with drink and drugs and ultimately her untimely death whilst always being mocked and ridiculed in the media with a camera in her face whenever she stepped out of her house was horrible and she can't be blamed. if you think she deserved to go through all of that, then you are a sick sick person. i can't even imagine what it would be like to see your friend, godmother, girlfriend, DAUGHTER go through all of that and not make it out the other side alive.
exactly, at the end of the day she's gone and the only people you're hurting with your words are her friends, family (well, debateable) and fans. she never wanted the paparazzi to follow and document every second of her life.

Judas
23-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I'd rather live without thought to drugs, than being addicted to them so I can live outside of your pretty little bubble :)

because being addicted to hard drugs is a choice

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/calm%20down/grand/Oprah-calm-down.gif

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 06:50 PM

Evidently, he was raised to believe that

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 06:50 PM

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/calm%20down/grand/Oprah-calm-down.gif

You don't just wake up and you're addicted to drugs. Do not be absurd.

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Nor is it common for one to wake up and think "hmm, I think I'll try Ketamine today". As I said previously, it's not all as black and white as you seem to think

HotelUser
23-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Nor is it common for one to wake up and think "hmm, I think I'll try Ketamine today". As I said previously, it's not all as black and white as you seem to think

I never once said it was so outstandingly black and white. There are regular normal every day people who have rough upbringings and a lot of those individuals stay clear of drugs. It may not be black and white but it's not exactly as hard to avoid getting involved in drugs as you'd like it to sound.

iLogan
23-07-2011, 07:10 PM
This wasn't a debate thread :/

Matthew
23-07-2011, 07:12 PM
This wasn't a debate thread :/

and nor is it a thread to post pointlessly ;)

RIP Amy Winehouse :(

Defocus
23-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Enter controversial view on Amy Winehouse's death here.

Please don't post pointlessly ~ Recursion (Forum Moderator)

-:Undertaker:-
23-07-2011, 07:32 PM

Addiction is a word for the weak minded, they [the likes of Winehouse and Doherty] take drugs out of choice and often knowing fully well what the consquences are of their foolish actions. At the end of the day with an 'addiction', the only thing that can stop your addiction is yourself - its willpower, you are capable of stopping yourself and there's nobody else but yourself to blame. Another young life wasted on drugs, RIP.

People will not stop taking drugs if you keep apologising for them, its time to stop apologising for them.

Judas
23-07-2011, 07:51 PM

someone missed the evident sarcasm in my post

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 07:54 PM
The way I see it: until you experience substance addiction, you'll never be able to fully understand

Judas
23-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Addiction is a word for the weak minded, they [the likes of Winehouse and Doherty] take drugs out of choice and often knowing fully well what the consquences are of their foolish actions. At the end of the day with an 'addiction', the only thing that can stop your addiction is yourself - its willpower, you are capable of stopping yourself and there's nobody else but yourself to blame. Another young life wasted on drugs, RIP.

People will not stop taking drugs if you keep apologising for them, its time to stop apologising for them.

unless you have found yourself in such a situation as amy winehouse did then i don't think it's fair for you to suggest it was her own fault that she died. also please don't respond to me with an essay because i just won't read it

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 08:03 PM
We don't even know for definite that drugs were the cause of her death. Of course, it's highly likely but not confirmed so I think its unfair to pass judgment at this stage

Judas
23-07-2011, 08:07 PM
We don't even know for definite that drugs were the cause of her death. Of course, it's highly likely but not confirmed so I think its unfair to pass judgment at this stage

this

http://i.imgur.com/bYfNl.gif

23-07-2011, 08:07 PM
unless you have found yourself in such a situation as amy winehouse did then i don't think it's fair for you to suggest it was her own fault that she died. also please don't respond to me with an essay because i just won't read it

Oh I do, I think its very fair - fair unlike the chance she threw away with her idiocy concerning drug taking (whether she even died from this or complications from this or not). These people try drugs because they make the choice to, they continue to take drugs because they make the choice to. As with criminals, these people act in a bad manner and endanger themselves and/or others because they choose to. The only people to blame are themselves; not society, not drug dealers, not their childhood - the buck stops with themselves.

A side note, would appreciate a real discussion on her bad choices as opposed to 'you havent been through what she has!' emotional drivel.

Slowpoke
23-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Oh I do, I think its very fair - fair unlike the chance she threw away with her idioacy concerning drug taking (whether she even died from this or complications from this or not). These people try drugs because they make the choice to, they continue to take drugs because they make the choice to. As with criminals, these people act in a bad manner and endanger themselves and/or others because they choose to. The only people to blame are themselves; not society, not drug dealers, not their childhood - the buck stops with themselves.

A side note, would appreciate a real discussion on choice as opposed to 'you havent been through what she has' emotional drivel.

Please tell me why alcohol is legal then because - as I'm sure you know - people who drink alcohol often cause harm to themselves and others. I fail to understand why it's one rule for alcohol and another for all the illegal substances

23-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Please tell me why alcohol is legal then because - as I'm sure you know - people who drink alcohol often cause harm to themselves and others. I fail to understand why it's one rule for alcohol and another for all the illegal substances

I would legalise all drugs tommorow, that does not mean that I don't think they are dangerous, stupid and that the people who take them only have to blame themselves for any problems which arise. I myself haven't even smoked a cigarette, entirely my choice.

Steee
23-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I also just found out after watching 60 seconds. :)

Judas
23-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh I do, I think its very fair - fair unlike the chance she threw away with her idiocy concerning drug taking (whether she even died from this or complications from this or not). These people try drugs because they make the choice to, they continue to take drugs because they make the choice to. As with criminals, these people act in a bad manner and endanger themselves and/or others because they choose to. The only people to blame are themselves; not society, not drug dealers, not their childhood - the buck stops with themselves.

A side note, would appreciate a real discussion on her bad choices as opposed to 'you havent been through what she has!' emotional drivel.

i disagree. when you are in the position that amy winehouse was in when she began to take drugs, when she was mentally unstable and wrongly influenced and placed in the wrong crowd of people by her new boyfriend and eventual husband, mix that with depression and constant hounding from the press, and you get an unfortunate situation.

and had you been here for the entire discussion you would have known we've covered that bb, though that argument in this case is valid in my opinion

23-07-2011, 08:16 PM
i disagree. when you are in the position that amy winehouse was in when she began to take drugs, when she was mentally unstable and wrongly influenced and placed in the wrong crowd of people by her new boyfriend and eventual husband, mix that with depression and constant hounding from the press, and you get an unfortunate situation.

and had you been here for the entire discussion you would have known we've covered that bb, though that argument in this case is valid in my opinion

Oh there's no denying that she was mentally unstable - as a result of her drug taking. However, she made the choice at the end of the day when she could have not taken drugs even while those around her warned of the dangers (her father and her mother both publically). I also very much doubt she began to take drugs from when her career started, as on the news today a childhood friend told of how she used to smoke weed when younger (and unknown). She made the choice, she paid the price and you apologising for her won't recitify her silly choice nor will it put others off taking the same route now, will it?

.x.miss.angel.x
23-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I am totally shocked! I was taken aback when I was just checking the news online. I would say most likely it will be drugs+drink since recently she has been in rehab or seen binge drinking. Poor woman, she will be missed! ;(

Grig
23-07-2011, 08:21 PM
can't believe she died..."They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'YES, YES, YES and died"

That's drugs for you children, don't do them. I did see it coming though, after 2007 it was a downwards spiral, she was in the studios in March looking healthy, but whatever it was got the better of her. Her latest performances consisted of her mumbling too.

---------- Post added 24-07-2011 at 04:26 AM ----------

To add, she did however revitalize the British music industry in her time with her jazzy unique voice and that is only something be to be grateful for. Artists like Adele need to be thankful to her.

Judas
23-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh there's no denying that she was mentally unstable - as a result of her drug taking. However, she made the choice at the end of the day when she could have not taken drugs even while those around her warned of the dangers (her father and her mother both publically). I also very much doubt she began to take drugs from when her career started, as on the news today a childhood friend told of how she used to smoke weed when younger (and unknown). She made the choice, she paid the price and you apologising for her won't recitify her silly choice nor will it put others off taking the same route now, will it?

weed isn't dangerous though, and wasn't what ruined her life, especially compared to the stuff she got hooked on, heroin + crack etc. it was also confirmed she also started to take those class a drugs after she met her long term boyfriend.

yes there was a choice but she was evidently so mentally screwed up due to all the pressure on her and issues in her personal life that it seemed like a good idea. it's just an awful situation, and it's not like this is the first time this has happened to someone in the spotlight.

also don't go putting words in my mouth. i have never "apologised" for her taking drugs, i never said it was a good idea and it is my personal belief that her family and friends weren't hard enough on her trying to get her better, hence her going in and out of rehab time and time again. clearly she was so depressed that she just didn't care and the only one she listened to was her boyfriend, who effectively drugged her up.

the fact is that this is a tragedy and i am listening to back to black now realising what a big loss this is to the music industry. if people like you want to keep being disrespectful at a time that is horribly depressing for her family, friends and fans then you keep doing that. but if it ever happens to someone you know then i hope you remember this incident and have some understanding of how hard it is for them, there's a time and a place to discuss things like this and the DAY of her death is not it. please have some respect.

Mathew
23-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I agree completely with David and Dan in this thread. I'm gonna be honest and say that Amy's death is no dent in my lifestyle. There are obviously ways to get help with drugs but that is ultimately useless if you don't have the self-control to sort the problem out for yourself. I don't agree with drugs and I never will, it's stupid. I don't agree that experimenting with drugs is "fun" in the slightest either - you know it's stupid and dangerous so you're only putting yourself at risk; obviously if you want to be stupid then do it on your own head.

I also think a couple of people in this thread need to get down off their high horse and realise they're posting on a HABBO forum for TEENAGERS. You're not bigger or better than anyone else here so accept others opinion and get over it. I have no idea why everyone is being so touchy here just because they don't share the same opinion that Amy Winehouse was some kind of God-like figure. She's an artist. I didn't know her in real life, so I won't be losing sleep over it. Condolences to the family, obviously.

Judas
23-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I agree completely with David and Dan in this thread. I'm gonna be honest and say that Amy's death is no dent in my lifestyle. There are obviously ways to get help with drugs but that is ultimately useless if you don't have the self-control to sort the problem out for yourself. I don't agree with drugs and I never will, it's stupid. I don't agree that experimenting with drugs is "fun" in the slightest either - you know it's stupid and dangerous so you're only putting yourself at risk; obviously if you want to be stupid then do it on your own head.

I also think a couple of people in this thread need to get down off their high horse and realise they're posting on a HABBO forum for TEENAGERS. You're not bigger or better than anyone else here so accept others opinion and get over it. I have no idea why everyone is being so touchy here just because they don't share the same opinion that Amy Winehouse was some kind of God-like figure. She's an artist. I didn't know her in real life, so I won't be losing sleep over it. Condolences to the family, obviously.

someone has died. it's sad. i assume you know the 90+ people that died in norway that everyone seems to feel the need to compare amy's death to as well right? you don't? so you can't be sad about that either?

obviously they are different situations but there's a time and a place to air your negative opinions about someone. it's just disrespectful, the woman has been dead for like 9 hours. she never hurt or killed anybody and had a troubled past. makes me sick. if you don't care, fine. but just have some RESPECT.

Mathew
23-07-2011, 11:33 PM
someone has died. it's sad. i assume you know the 90+ people that died in norway that everyone seems to feel the need to compare amy's death to as well right? you don't? so you can't be sad about that either?

obviously they are different situations but there's a time and a place to air your negative opinions about someone. it's just disrespectful, the woman has been dead for like 9 hours. she never hurt or killed anybody and had a troubled past. makes me sick. if you don't care, fine. but just have some RESPECT.
I think you seem to be forgetting that the "90+ people that died in Norway" had no choice about it. It's 90 people and they were innocent individuals who were going out their daily lives, and ended up with some maniac shooting them. If the gunman had turned around at shot himself, I'd give him the same attitude I'm giving Amy Winehouse.

Feel free to start a debate thread if you don't like "negative opinions" in here, although I'm not sure why such rules would be imposed on a site which is completely unrelated to the woman and therefore yield it pointless. I think "troubled past" is also somewhat ambiguous and the reasons for that "troubled past" are open to various theories which you or nobody else here will be able to pin down for sure.

cocaine
23-07-2011, 11:37 PM

why the **** do you think, are you actually that stupid? an a-list celebrity has died, of course its big news. michael jackson was on the news for weeks, so obviously winehouse will be

Judas
23-07-2011, 11:42 PM
I think you seem to be forgetting that the "90+ people that died in Norway" had no choice about it. It's 90 people and they were innocent individuals who were going out their daily lives, and ended up with some maniac shooting them. If the gunman had turned around at shot himself, I'd give him the same attitude I'm giving Amy Winehouse.

Feel free to start a debate thread if you don't like "negative opinions" in here, although I'm not sure why such rules would be imposed on a site which is completely unrelated to the woman and therefore yield it pointless. I think "troubled past" is also somewhat ambiguous and the reasons for that "troubled past" are open to various theories which you or nobody else here will be able to pin down for sure.

amy winehouse did not choose to die. that's ******* stupid to suggest. amy winehouse was also innocent. suffering from depression and bipolar and a drug ADDICTION is not good. she was depressed, meaning she blatantly didn't care about her life enough to have the will power to stop.

amy was really ill, i can't believe how horrible and disrespectful you are being. i never suggested a rule change either so i don't know where on earth you got that comment from.

someone has DIED. if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say it at all. maybe if you knew someone who got so hooked on drugs as she did you would have a bit more sympathy. i can't believe you genuinely think it was a decision that she made... she was an innocent person and her life has ended. you're disgusting.

Mathew
23-07-2011, 11:47 PM
She has control over her actions. She isn't just stuck in a body which is taking over her life. She made the decision to start drugs in the first place and thereafter continue it. Why are you failing to understand this?

Judas
23-07-2011, 11:53 PM
She has control over her actions. She isn't just stuck in a body which is taking over her life. She made the decision to start drugs in the first place and thereafter continue it. Why are you failing to understand this?

come back to me when you have met an actual drug ADDICT who has an ADDICTION to drugs. it's not as easy as waking up and not taking them anymore. unfortunately she was stuck in a body where her mind had a few screws loose. she was ill. YOU are the one that is failing to understand something here.

Mathew
24-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Well in that case, it depends on how you perceive addictions but I'm not falling to the trap of worshipping someone just because they were (apparently) ill. You'll also find that I haven't once said that she "deserved" to die, only the simple fact that I won't be mourning her death and defending her illegal practice.

Judas
24-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Well in that case, it depends on how you perceive addictions but I'm not falling to the trap of worshipping someone just because they were (apparently) ill. You'll also find that I haven't once said that she "deserved" to die, only the simple fact that I won't be mourning her death and defending her illegal practice.

please check your PMs. i'm actually quite disgusted by your comments right now

beth
24-07-2011, 12:09 AM
i'm not going to read the whole thread because 75% of the reaction to her death i find completely offensive and disgusting. whoever thinks they have any right to claim someone "deserved" death is an idiot. nobody deserves death, and nobody has ANY right to say who should live and who should die. the music industry (and the world) lost a massive talent today. been listening to frank this evening, and i'm so sad at the whole thing. her demise has been so public and yet, it appears, no-one could save her from herself. i think it will come back as an overdose. and it may well have been intentional (there were a few interviews she gave last year, and a poignant quote that is now being highlighted: "if i died tomorrow, i'd die happily."). so yeah r.i.p amy, hope she's at peace now.

(AND: the worst thing i've seen about the reaction is people comparing amy's death and competing it with the deaths in norway. "i care more about oslo than amy" etc etc. since when is it 'cool' to have competitions with tragic events. it's lame. any death is bad.)

Firehorse
24-07-2011, 12:12 AM
why the **** do you think, are you actually that stupid? an a-list celebrity has died, of course its big news. michael jackson was on the news for weeks, so obviously winehouse will be

How can you call her a-list? Maybe b-list at best. And no it won't, it'l pass in a few days.

beth
24-07-2011, 12:15 AM
How can you call her a-list? Maybe b-list at best. And no it won't, it'l pass in a few days.

............ you obviously are one of these people who hasn't bothered to listen to any of her music and base her fame on when she's in the news (for being in rehab, or marrying blake or whatever). amy is MASSIVE. she has a massive musical following, young and old, worldwide. and her albums (especially back to black) are some of the best selling albums ever. she is a-list.

cocaine
24-07-2011, 12:17 AM

oh honey, where have you been since 2003? http://www.last.fm/music/Amy%2520Winehouse?ac=amy%20wineh you tell me now how big she is, and how dare you say she's not big in any way

Shar
24-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Putting her drug addiction aside, she had amazing talent and she had a massive impact in the music industry and its a big loss.

I hate how people are saying she deserves to die or whatever just because of her drug addiction. We don't know why she got addicted and how much stress she was going through in her life both personal and professional. Its never fair to say someone deserves to die whether you know them or not.

R.I.P Amy, I really hope she's at peace now.

Judas
24-07-2011, 12:30 AM

this proves how culturally ignorant you are. are you like 12 or something? if you are then i will forgive you for being too young to realise how much of an impact back to black had. don't even make me pull out the stats.

also if you had visited the internet today it would have been impossible to avoid her name. to suggest she is anything less than an icon is silly.

The Don
24-07-2011, 12:48 AM

No ones asking you to 'defend her illegal practice' but it's not hard to show some respect to another human who has died. Even if she was an addict, she didn't harm anyone except herself, this is one of those occasions where if you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't post.

!!BeWise!!
24-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Awww, just found out..a lot of saddening news for the world recently :(
Although she had a lot of difficulties, she was a great gal with great talents.
RIP Amy Winehouse, may she finally find peace.

A
24-07-2011, 01:36 AM
It's a shame but no supprise. She was drugged up all the time, what do you expect ;/

R.I.P Though

beth
24-07-2011, 01:41 AM
It's a shame but no supprise. She was drugged up all the time, what do you expect ;/

R.I.P Though

"she was drugged up all the time" she wasn't drugged up ALL the time. sometimes she was clean for long periods.

and just because you expect something to happen, it doesn't make it any less sadder.

Eric
24-07-2011, 02:00 AM
http://www.startrip.tv/amy-winehouse.jpg

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse was found dead in her London apartment on Saturday. Police has confirmed this report to the Associated Press. The cause of death has not been determined.

"Inquiries continue into the circumstances of the death at this early stage. It is being treated as unexplained," a police spokesman said. According to Reuters, police had cordoned off the leafy street outside Amy's home in Camden, where around 20 onlookers had already
gathered along with media photographers and camera crew.

The Grammy-winning singer has battled with substance abuse for a long time and as recent as May, checked into a rehab facility.

Fans as well as celebrities are shocked at the news. #amywinehouse is the No. 1 trending topic on Twitter with many celebs leaving heartfelt messages about the singer.

Colbie Caillat: Amy Winehouse, the world will miss you.

Demi Moore: May her troubled soul find peace

Ricky Martin: I just found out. I feel pain. I feel anger. Rest beautiful girl rest. You are free!

Zachary Quinto: Profoundly sad news to wake up to

Kim Kardashian: What a true talent. I pray she's in a better place and at peace

Kelly Osbourne: I can't even breath right now I'm crying so hard I just lost 1 of my best friends

---------- Post added 24-07-2011 at 02:02 AM ----------

Oops , someone made a thread about it :L Didnt realise it, but this is more detailed so yeah :P

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Thread merged as topic already posted here:

beth
24-07-2011, 02:21 AM
maybe we could turn this into a more musicy thread? what was yr favourite amy song/album something like that!

lukeyo
24-07-2011, 02:25 AM
This is so upsetting, i loved her to death! :( Great thread, i loved rehab.

Eric
24-07-2011, 02:25 AM
My favourite Amy Winehouse song must be Valerie :P

R.I.P Amy :(

24-07-2011, 02:37 AM
weed isn't dangerous though, and wasn't what ruined her life, especially compared to the stuff she got hooked on, heroin + crack etc.

I think you will find that those who have had their lives ruined by weed will tell you a different story. What is this strange desire people such as yourself have where you feel the need to defend not only the people taking these drugs in the full knowledge of the dangers of the, but you actually go on to defend the drug?

it was also confirmed she also started to take those class a drugs after she met her long term boyfriend.

And whose fault was it that she took them? her own.

If I offer you the chance to stick your hand in the fire and you take it, who is responsible? you are.

yes there was a choice but she was evidently so mentally screwed up due to all the pressure on her and issues in her personal life that it seemed like a good idea. it's just an awful situation, and it's not like this is the first time this has happened to someone in the spotlight.

That is what drugs do to you my friend, Amy Winehouse was not born say, mentally backward, which is the picture you wish to portray - that occured due to her lifestyle choices and the people she chose to associate herself with.

also don't go putting words in my mouth. i have never "apologised" for her taking drugs, i never said it was a good idea and it is my personal belief that her family and friends weren't hard enough on her trying to get her better, hence her going in and out of rehab time and time again. clearly she was so depressed that she just didn't care and the only one she listened to was her boyfriend, who effectively drugged her up.

Her boyfriend didn't 'drug her up' - she did that herself, and from a young age as her childhood friends described. My friends from time to time smoke weed, nobody 'drugs them up' - they choose to do that themselves, it is their own (in my opinion stupid) choice that they wish to do this. Amy, from what i've seen, was a rather feisty and independent woman and was certainly not a pushover (not that excuses bad acts anyway).

Her family did try, even in the glare of the public which they were led to do - but you cannot help somebody who does not want help and who ultimately can only help themselves.

the fact is that this is a tragedy and i am listening to back to black now realising what a big loss this is to the music industry. if people like you want to keep being disrespectful at a time that is horribly depressing for her family, friends and fans then you keep doing that. but if it ever happens to someone you know then i hope you remember this incident and have some understanding of how hard it is for them, there's a time and a place to discuss things like this and the DAY of her death is not it. please have some respect.

Where have I been disrespectful? I simply take issue with the likes of yourself who apologise on behalf of people who choose to take drugs and defend drugs themselves, the likes of who seem to think that drugs are a disease you can strangely 'catch' - drug taking isn't a disease nor should we pretend it is one and maybe when we start treating it like a bad habit brought about by choice then maybe we'll avoid another death like this one thanks (again) to drugs.

I rather like Winehouse myself, but that doesn't mean she's not responsible for her actions.

come back to me when you have met an actual drug ADDICT who has an ADDICTION to drugs. it's not as easy as waking up and not taking them anymore. unfortunately she was stuck in a body where her mind had a few screws loose. she was ill. YOU are the one that is failing to understand something here.

Absolute nonsense, I don't need to meet Jesus Christ to know he was the son of God nor do I need to meet Adolf Hitler to know he was an evil man. An addiction is simply a word for the weak minded, you become 'addicted' because you allow yourself to become 'addicted' and fail to stop yourself, instead preferring to take drugs and live the lifestyle that they lead you upon. A thief steals because he wishes to, a drug user takes drugs because they want to.

To prove this point I ask the question, does anyone think the chances of Pete Doherty giving up drugs after one of his friends dying (as i'm sure many already have, we've all heard of the incident at that party) are there? of course not, these people want to take drugs and they know the harm they do - her mother and father warned publically, and she has now sadly faced the apparent consquences of her actions.

peteyt
24-07-2011, 03:05 AM
I read a load of the posts but not all.

It's a a shame she has died, but people need to accept it was partly her own fault. We are all responsible for our own actions really.

It's like people always go against the things and not the actual people. Weapons can kill, alcohol can kill, drugs can kill, but there always has to be a person involved.

Now I understand people can get hooked and it isn't nice and can happen to anyone, but you have to remember in most cases it was their own fault.

A lot of people are against drugs being illegal, but they are dangerous. The thing people do forget, is drugs aren't mass produced in a factory with lots of regulations. Drugs will be ran quick and cheap, the more made quicker the better. There strengths change. In other words you buy one its weaker than another - while as all alcohol is produced so it is the same.

Drugs also create seedy organisations. A lot of people are taken from other countries and often kidnapped to run drug farms.

But simply - I wish she hadn't died, but at the end of the day she chose her lifestyle. I've seen people who have been brought up in the drugs world, and it isn't nice and sometimes they manage to get out. Then you get people who just take it because they can, for "fun." They never really do consider the people forced into that lifestyle.

karter
24-07-2011, 03:41 AM
OMG RLLY GNE FROM EARTH? RIP

Grig
24-07-2011, 07:06 AM
This is a brilliant quote:

"Amy Winehouse dead from drugs? Ryan Dunn dead from drunk driving? … . **** you “too soon” hippie *******… … I wish you guys gave a **** this much every time an 18 year old Marine comes home in a coffin"

Amen to that.

What Amy Winehouse had was a "chronic illness" to use the correct term, just like alcoholism it all comes from the mind. I've not known any drug addicts, however I did know some alcoholics in my life and to say and it is a constant uphill battle, the saddest thing about such chronic illnesses is that all we could do is watch her dig herself in her own grave.

To those who said she deserved her death, no she didn't just like no human being deserves it. Some comments here I find absolutely sadistic to say the least. I've just seen so many dumb arguments in this thread, people need to relax and realize that yes she did do a lot for the British music scene, but really everything is easier said that done when you can't stop getting high. True shame it is too.

Also, people comparing death's to MJ, Oslo, this and that really need a reality check. These are two completely different things, it's quite disgusting for you and your dumb comments to start bringing in other tragedies into the picture, do not do that, keep each case isolated. Amy killed herself, no one else, she would only be the one to blame- not her fame, not her lifestyle, but she herself and there is really nothing much to it, if you think some holly figure came down and gave her some drugs out of no where, you are plain dumb- you die from drugs at your own hands.

StefanWolves
24-07-2011, 07:09 AM
I think all of you should **** arguing. Yes its a shock, any death is a shock, but is it a surprise? No.

Saying that one life lost is a life to many, and none of us can even comment, unless we have been addicted to drugs ourselves. None of us know how hard it must be, or how hard she tried and people around her tried to get her off them. Yes it was her choice to START drugs but it wasnt her choice to get ADDICTED to them.

And whoever compared drug addiction to pedophelia is just wrong.. And to those saying you cannot compare Amy Winehouse to MJ, yea you have a point. Difference is MJ had 50 years to showcase his voice and build a legacy, Amy Winehouse had 27 years. Thats the only difference I can come up with, both died of drugs overdose, yes one legally and one illegally so IMV it is a fair comparison to make.

GirlNextDoor15
24-07-2011, 07:56 AM
I am not surprised if she really is dead. She had a lot of problems in her life. However, R.I.P. She will be missed forever

Catzsy
24-07-2011, 09:27 AM
I would legalise all drugs tommorow, that does not mean that I don't think they are dangerous, stupid and that the people who take them only have to blame themselves for any problems which arise. I myself haven't even smoked a cigarette, entirely my choice.

I totally agree. *Shock, horror*

Legalising drugs would cut out all the 'middle men' who supply and cut burgularys & crime down by a vast as addicts are desperate to get the money by any means to continue their habits.

As far as Amy is concerned it is a sad fact of life that creative people are more pre-disposed to addiction to drink and drugs. The fact that she was earning vast amounts of money would have highlighted this even more. She lived the life she wanted to in the end and was a very talented artist selling over 10m even though she only
produced two albums. It is a tragic waste of life but the people I feel sorry for are her parents who must have been through hell trying to help her.

Slowpoke
24-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Is it true she had finished recording her third album?

Catzsy
24-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Is it true she had finished recording her third album?

I did hear she was working on it. Whether it was finished I don't know but I am sure we will have some posthumous
releases.

samsaBEAR
24-07-2011, 10:49 AM
I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who takes/has taken large amounts of drugs and then dies at a young age

Firehorse
24-07-2011, 10:56 AM
oh honey, where have you been since 2003? http://www.last.fm/music/Amy%2520Winehouse?ac=amy%20wineh you tell me now how big she is, and how dare you say she's not big in any way

Putting her drug addiction aside, she had amazing talent and she had a massive impact in the music industry and its a big loss.

I hate how people are saying she deserves to die or whatever just because of her drug addiction. We don't know why she got addicted and how much stress she was going through in her life both personal and professional. Its never fair to say someone deserves to die whether you know them or not.

R.I.P Amy, I really hope she's at peace now.

this proves how culturally ignorant you are. are you like 12 or something? if you are then i will forgive you for being too young to realise how much of an impact back to black had. don't even make me pull out the stats.

also if you had visited the internet today it would have been impossible to avoid her name. to suggest she is anything less than an icon is silly.

No. Examples of A-List celebrities: Tom Cruise, John Travolta, John Lennon, Ozzy Ozbourne, Jennifer Aniston, David Hasselhoff etc.
She was never in the same league.

To put it simply, yes it was a death, and deaths are sad, but it was a death that was caused by her own foolishness. To those saying "you can't wake up and choose to stop drugs" well you can ruddy well choose not to start them in the first place.
And to the person who said "you don't wake up one morning and decide you're going to try heroine today", unless you are suggesting she was force fed it ofcourse it was her bloody choice to take it.

Sympathise over the loss of a talet, not the loss of a drug addict who ruined her own life.

Chris
24-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Such a shame, but imo it's her own fault if she did die because of a drug overdose.

cocaine
24-07-2011, 11:38 AM
No. Examples of A-List celebrities: Tom Cruise, John Travolta, John Lennon, Ozzy Ozbourne, Jennifer Aniston, David Hasselhoff etc.

To put it simply, yes it was a death, and deaths are sad, but it was a death that was caused by her own foolishness. To those saying "you can't wake up and choose to stop drugs" well you can ruddy well choose not to start them in the first place.
And to the person who said "you don't wake up one morning and decide you're going to try heroine today", unless you are suggesting she was force fed it ofcourse it was her bloody choice to take it.

Sympathise over the loss of a talet, not the loss of a drug addict who ruined her own life.

i genuinely feel that you're too stupid for me to even consider debating against, how on earth is amy winehouses' much-publicised personal life as well as the entirety of her music career deserving of the same sort of status as say, the olsen twins?

Firehorse
24-07-2011, 11:56 AM
entirety of her music career deserving of the same sort of status as say, the olsen twins?

Bingo.

cocaine
24-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Bingo.

Amy Winehouse has 4 albums and 14 songs which made it to the charts as of week 10/2003. The songs spend a total of 1185 weeks on the charts, and the albums a total of 2412 weeks. Stronger Than Me (http://acharts.us/song/8933) was the first song to hit the charts on week 42/2003, the last song to appear on a chart was Rehab (http://acharts.us/song/11232) on week 19/2009. The most successful song was Rehab (http://acharts.us/song/11232) which spend a total of 465 weeks (39%) on the charts. The most successful songs by peak position are Rehab (http://acharts.us/song/11232) and Valerie (http://acharts.us/song/28280) which peaked at number 1. The least successful songs are In My Bed / You Sent Me Flying (http://acharts.us/song/9151), Pumps / Help Yourself (http://acharts.us/song/9383), Stronger Than Me (http://acharts.us/song/8933), Take The Box (http://acharts.us/song/9031) and The Little Things (http://acharts.us/song/35037) they spend both 1 week on the charts. Frank (http://acharts.us/album/16489) was the first album to hit the charts on week 44/2003, the last album to appear on a chart was Back To Black (http://acharts.us/album/14888) on week 27/2011. The most successful album was Back To Black (http://acharts.us/album/14888) which spend a total of 1780 weeks (74%) on the charts. The most successful albums by peak position are Back To Black (http://acharts.us/album/14888) and Back To Black - The Deluxe Edition (http://acharts.us/album/29287) which peaked at number 1. The least successful album is Frank: Deluxe Edition (http://acharts.us/album/35679) it spend 17 weeks on the charts. Click on any title below to get detailed statistics.

http://acharts.us/performer/amy_winehouse

Judas
24-07-2011, 12:43 PM

have you watched the news in the past two days or been on the internet outside of habbox forum? amy winehouse is a household name and nothing less. everyone knows her, whether for her controversial personal life or her music. fact. back to black had a HUGE impact on the industry at the time, opening doors for artists like adele and duffy and winning **** loads of awards and selling **** loads of records, as pointed out by cocaine above. you are beyond stupid if you think amy winehouse is only "b-list"

I think you will find that those who have had their lives ruined by weed will tell you a different story. What is this strange desire people such as yourself have where you feel the need to defend not only the people taking these drugs in the full knowledge of the dangers of the, but you actually go on to defend the drug?

And whose fault was it that she took them? her own.

If I offer you the chance to stick your hand in the fire and you take it, who is responsible? you are.

That is what drugs do to you my friend, Amy Winehouse was not born say, mentally backward, which is the picture you wish to portray - that occured due to her lifestyle choices and the people she chose to associate herself with.

Her boyfriend didn't 'drug her up' - she did that herself, and from a young age as her childhood friends described. My friends from time to time smoke weed, nobody 'drugs them up' - they choose to do that themselves, it is their own (in my opinion stupid) choice that they wish to do this. Amy, from what i've seen, was a rather feisty and independent woman and was certainly not a pushover (not that excuses bad acts anyway).

Her family did try, even in the glare of the public which they were led to do - but you cannot help somebody who does not want help and who ultimately can only help themselves.

Where have I been disrespectful? I simply take issue with the likes of yourself who apologise on behalf of people who choose to take drugs and defend drugs themselves, the likes of who seem to think that drugs are a disease you can strangely 'catch' - drug taking isn't a disease nor should we pretend it is one and maybe when we start treating it like a bad habit brought about by choice then maybe we'll avoid another death like this one thanks (again) to drugs.

I rather like Winehouse myself, but that doesn't mean she's not responsible for her actions.

Absolute nonsense, I don't need to meet Jesus Christ to know he was the son of God nor do I need to meet Adolf Hitler to know he was an evil man. An addiction is simply a word for the weak minded, you become 'addicted' because you allow yourself to become 'addicted' and fail to stop yourself, instead preferring to take drugs and live the lifestyle that they lead you upon. A thief steals because he wishes to, a drug user takes drugs because they want to.

To prove this point I ask the question, does anyone think the chances of Pete Doherty giving up drugs after one of his friends dying (as i'm sure many already have, we've all heard of the incident at that party) are there? of course not, these people want to take drugs and they know the harm they do - her mother and father warned publically, and she has now sadly faced the apparent consquences of her actions.

i cba to read that, you're too boring, sorry. fact is, she's dead, and i'm sad. so are her family, and her fans. you can blame whoever and say it was her fault or that she deserved it whatever i don't give a ****. bottom line is a very talented woman has died and that makes me sad. i don't care what your opinion is.

Maatt.
24-07-2011, 12:48 PM
This is such a shame,
She really was good at her music..
But she had enough money to really get off the drugs therefore I feel sorry for her family, but not for her... (which sounds weird)

RIP.

Slowpoke
24-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Money won't get you off drugs mate. If anything, it'll make it harder for the addict to kick the habit as they can afford as much as they want

Firehorse
24-07-2011, 01:16 PM
http://acharts.us/performer/amy_winehouse

So by your theory, "crazy frog" is also an A-List celebrity.
Actually, in that case "crazy frog" has had more singles that reached number one in the charts than Winehouse.

cocaine
24-07-2011, 01:24 PM
So by your theory, "crazy frog" is also an A-List celebrity.
Actually, in that case "crazy frog" has had more singles that reached number one in the charts than Winehouse.

sorry mate but the crazy frog isn't real....

Narnat,
24-07-2011, 01:27 PM
It is a shame and I really feel sorry for her god daughter Dionne I did like her music but I wouldn't say I was her biggest fan.

Mathew
24-07-2011, 01:35 PM
i cba to read that, you're too boring, sorry. fact is, she's dead, and i'm sad. so are her family, and her fans. you can blame whoever and say it was her fault or that she deserved it whatever i don't give a ****. bottom line is a very talented woman has died and that makes me sad. i don't care what your opinion is.
Well obviously you do give a **** because everytime someone disagrees with your opinion of her being a Goddess, you feel the need to jump down their throat with insults about them being Habbox Forum addicts. Yes she's talented and yes she was a good singer, and yes everyone respects the dead because nobody should disrespect a human life, but you need to understand that there are differing opinions regarding addictions and not everyone needs to adore her. :)

Judas
24-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Well obviously you do give a **** because everytime someone disagrees with your opinion of her being a Goddess, you feel the need to jump down their throat with insults about them being Habbox Forum addicts. Yes she's talented and yes she was a good singer, and yes everyone respects the dead because nobody should disrespect a human life, but you need to understand that there are differing opinions regarding addictions and not everyone needs to adore her. :)

i never once claimed she was a goddess? i just adore one of her albums and think the other is okay, and i can appreciate true musical talent LOL. i never accused anyone of being a "habbox forum" addict either? i also like the way you chose to ignore my PM to you explaining my personal experience linked to this situation.

Mathew
24-07-2011, 01:55 PM
have you watched the news in the past two days or been on the internet outside of habbox forum?
:rolleyes:
Someone else mentioned the Habbox Forum thing earlier, so it wasn't just you. Apologies!

i never once claimed she was a goddess? i just adore one of her albums and think the other is okay, and i can appreciate true musical talent LOL. i never accused anyone of being a "habbox forum" addict either? i also like the way you chose to ignore my PM to you explaining my personal experience linked to this situation.
Well I think you've answered your question there then. You adore one of her albums and you can appreciate "true musical talent." People don't have to agree with you! :P

I chose to ignore your PM because I don't feel sensitive personal issues should be brought into such discussions, although I am sorry for your loss nonetheless.

Judas
24-07-2011, 02:00 PM
:rolleyes:
Someone else mentioned the Habbox Forum thing earlier, so it wasn't just you. Apologies!

...meaning have you visited any other website than HxF such as twitter, facebook as quite obviously you have been on this website hence i am discussing with you now? my post did not suggest that at all lol. guilty conscience?

Well I think you've answered your question there then. You adore one of her albums and you can appreciate "true musical talent." People don't have to agree with you! :P

I chose to ignore your PM because I don't feel sensitive personal issues should be brought into such discussions, although I am sorry for your loss nonetheless.

i don't care if people like her music or not. i've never shoved my opinion on that down anyone's throat. but you can't deny the impact she made, you just can't.

and my "personal issue" was brought into it privately because it goes against the way you accused me of being "blinded by celebrity culture" when i couldn't care less if it was amy winehouse or someone i've never heard of. drug and alcohol addictions are serious things and people need to be more aware and understanding of it because it doesn't just ruin the lives of the person in the question, but those around them as well.

Mathew
24-07-2011, 02:06 PM
...meaning have you visited any other website than HxF such as twitter, facebook as quite obviously you have been on this website hence i am discussing with you now? my post did not suggest that at all lol. guilty conscience?
Or perhaps confusing you with other posts in this thread. I think you're getting too worked up to have a decent discussion with now! :)

i don't care if people like her music or not. i've never shoved my opinion on that down anyone's throat. but you can't deny the impact she made, you just can't.
Yes she made an impact which is all fine and dandy, but she still took illegal drugs in the first place which ultimately led to her death. Yes I respect her death, but I won't be in mourning when she saw it coming.

and my "personal issue" was brought into it privately because it goes against the way you accused me of being "blinded by celebrity culture" when i couldn't care less if it was amy winehouse or someone i've never heard of. drug and alcohol addictions are serious things and people need to be more aware and understanding of it because it doesn't just ruin the lives of the person in the question, but those around them as well.
I'm not repeating myself.

Judas
24-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Or perhaps confusing you with other posts in this thread. I think you're getting too worked up to have a decent discussion with now! :)

LOL. people on habboxforum don't get me worked up.

Yes she made an impact which is all fine and dandy, but she still took illegal drugs in the first place which ultimately led to her death. Yes I respect her death, but I won't be in mourning when she saw it coming.

in the same way someone with a terminal illness can "see it coming"?

I'm not repeating myself.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r218/Tony366/GIFS/omg.gif

Mathew
24-07-2011, 02:15 PM
in the same way someone with a terminal illness can "see it coming"?
I think there's a difference, don't you? Amy Winehouse had the chance to change her actions with self-control and will-power. She was already getting help and as various people have said, she "stopped for several months". She did them in the first place so ultimately it's nobodys fault but hers.

This is online so there's no need to prove oneself to anyone. No need to be pretentious! :P

Judas
24-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I think there's a difference, don't you? Amy Winehouse had the chance to change her actions with self-control and will-power. She was already getting help and as various people have said, she "stopped for several months". She did them in the first place so ultimately it's nobodys fault but hers.

This is online so there's no need to prove oneself to anyone. No need to be pretentious! :P

you clearly have no respect or understanding for the kind of demons faced in amy's life. i am in no way being pretentious, you are just *REMOVED*

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other members!

Mathew
24-07-2011, 02:30 PM
you clearly have no respect or understanding for the kind of demons faced in amy's life. i am in no way being pretentious.
Respect, yes. Understanding is open to interpretation. It's such a shame you must resort to insults instead of constructing a proper argument (prior to removing the mod edit :P).

Judas
24-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Respect, yes. Understanding is open to interpretation. It's such a shame you must resort to insults instead of constructing a proper argument (prior to removing the mod edit :P).

understanding that a woman loved by many is dead under any circumstances is not hard to do. maybe it will happen to someone you know one day too, then you could potentially understand :) after all, that's what it seems to take these days for people to stop being so heartless

Grig
24-07-2011, 02:38 PM
you clearly have no respect or understanding for the kind of demons faced in amy's life. i am in no way being pretentious.

Harry's point has substance in the sense that drug addiction is an illness, yes very much so a chronic one. Many doctors don't recognize such an illnesses. Amy brought it upon herself by her lifestyle, but she was a victim of this illness.

Experts have said that in a case like Amy's it is something that she had suffering from the inside that lead her to this lifestyle of binging and drug use. More music minded people simply need to listen to her music such as 'Rehab' to get a feel that she was a troubled soul.

Amy did not get the second chance by bottling in her problem and saying she did not rehab for quite a while. It is this complex psychological state that many misunderstand. To what she was suffering from, we can only speculate. But it was more complex, otherwise she would have stopped. That is the sad truth about such chronic illnesses.

My own feeling is that it is tragic that someone with talent has died at such a young age still rife in talent. Yes, she will get more attention because she was a A-list celebrity. The ignorant fool who posted saying David Hasslehoff was on a higher footing than her is wrong, I would rather listen to her jazzy talented voice than that talentless buffoon.

Hollie.
24-07-2011, 03:04 PM
This is so sad :( R.I.P Amy Winehouse

Slowpoke
24-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Watching Sky News, several hundred people have gathered on the street she lived on

The Don
24-07-2011, 06:06 PM

We don't actually know the cause of death, she could have been clean when she died (I'm not saying she was)

Slowpoke
24-07-2011, 06:25 PM
She wasn't "clean". She had definitely been drinking. Reports suggest she bought Ketamine, Cocaine and Ecstasy the night before she died but once again no source is provided. What made me laugh this morning was The Sun reported that her death was caused by "a bad ecstasy pill". And they claim to know all this before it has even been confirmed whether or not she had even taken any other drugs except for alcohol yesterday afternoon and before an autopsy has been performed. Furthermore, how could they deem the ecstasy pill bad before it had been tested (this assuming ecstasy was indeed involved)?

Catzsy
24-07-2011, 06:40 PM
We don't actually know the cause of death, she could have been clean when she died (I'm not saying she was)

This is possible if you mean drugs. Drink I am not so sure. Normal cause of death in these cases is 'choking on own vomit'. Same thing happened to Stuart Cable the old Stereophonics drummer not long ago and in years gone by Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix.

Slowpoke
24-07-2011, 07:59 PM
'Back to Black' - the single - is up to number 7 on iTunes :loveyou:

24-07-2011, 09:39 PM

Of course you can't, its uncomfortable reading for you so its much easier for you to ignore.

I agree, I even liked her songs and yet somehow i'm being painted as a Winehouse hater as are others.

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Of course you can't, its uncomfortable reading for you so its much easier for you to ignore.

I agree, I even liked her songs and yet somehow i'm being painted as a Winehouse hater as are others.

Don't attempt to compare her addiction to anything or people will think you're calling her a pedophile :rolleyes:

Judas
24-07-2011, 09:50 PM

if that makes you feel better darling

Don't attempt to compare her addiction to anything or people will think you're calling her a pedophile :rolleyes:

no one suggested you were calling her a pedophile LOL are you ******ed or something

The Don
24-07-2011, 09:54 PM

Your comparison was rubbish, I wouldn't say pedophiles are addicted to having sex with children, nor would i say homosexuals are addicted to having sex with people of the same sex, that isn't how people phrase sentences, you chose a rubbish comparison,and that is why you received a lot of criticism for it.

Judas
24-07-2011, 09:55 PM
oh dear bad forum lag delete my post

Slowpoke
24-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Quick story and question for the people who have no sympathy for anyone who becomes ill or dies due to substance abuse:

In late 2009, a girl I know was raped. An intelligent daddy's girl, she quickly went off the tracks. She has never been the same girl since. She no longer cares about herself or has any regard for her own health and safety - she's like a whole new person. Just weeks after the attack she was drunk and tried the then legal high Mephedrone. She has since become addicted and takes the now illegal substance almost daily in order to block out the pain that is living her everyday life. She also drinks heavily and god knows what other substances she may be taking in addition. I don't know how she funds the habit as I'm not that close to her anymore. I have been told she's become a dealer but I don't know if its true. If she was to die, would you have any sympathy?

I know I would...

Misawa
24-07-2011, 10:05 PM
It's a shame that she died and it just goes to show what a ruthless industry will do to those who aren't strong enough to handle it. That and mixing with scum like Pete Doherty.

Shar
24-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Quick story and question for the people who have no sympathy for anyone who becomes ill or dies due to substance abuse:

In late 2009, a girl I know was raped. An intelligent daddy's girl, she quickly went off the tracks. She has never been the same girl since. She no longer cares about herself or has any regard for her own health and safety - she's like a whole new person. Just weeks after the attack she was drunk and tried the then legal high Mephedrone. She has since become addicted and takes the now illegal substance almost daily in order to block out the pain that is living her everyday life. She also drinks heavily and god knows what other substances she may be taking in addition. I don't know how she funds the habit as I'm not that close to her anymore. I have been told she's become a dealer but I don't know if its true. If she was to die, would you have any sympathy?

I know I would...
People don't see it like that, they don't see the bigger picture.

Judas
24-07-2011, 10:14 PM

I know I would...

that's awful. i'm really sorry and hope she gets her life back on track soon :(

in a similar kind of situation, a friend of mine's brother was diagnosed with depression after his best friend died in a car accident, hit by a drunk driver. he turned to drink and drugs, specifically cocaine and became addicted to it. after a two year battle with the drugs and his depression, he died of an overdose.

**** like that doesn't just happen. and after seeing what it did to him and his family, including my friend (she was obviously destroyed by that) it makes me angry when people say things like "it was her own fault" about people like amy winehouse and say it was a conscience decision that she made to do that to herself.

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Your comparison was rubbish, I wouldn't say pedophiles are addicted to having sex with children, nor would i say homosexuals are addicted to having sex with people of the same sex, that isn't how people phrase sentences, you chose a rubbish comparison,and that is why you received a lot of criticism for it.

Actually facts are on my side. Have you ever researched pedophilia before? It's a mental disorder. Fact. Homosexuality is not, why even mention it :S

if that makes you feel better darling

no one suggested you were calling her a pedophile LOL are you ******ed or something

Actually you did as did many other people until I explained the comparison about five times.

Slowpoke
24-07-2011, 10:19 PM
That's awful buddy, truly is! I hope he has found peace. Drugs are fascinating in the sense that they allow one to explore altered states of conciousness, but can also quite easily become evil, ruin lives and kill... But your post backs up the message I'm trying to get across: its not all so black and white

Judas
24-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Actually you did as did many other people until I explained the comparison about five times.

no i didn't. i said it was a piss poor argument and a bad comparison all along. which i still stand by.

That's awful buddy, truly is! I hope he has found peace. Drugs are fascinating in the sense that they allow one to explore altered states of conciousness, but can also quite easily become evil, ruin lives and kill... But your post backs up the message I'm trying to get across: its not all so black and white

yeah.. i mean i never knew him personally but i met him a few times and he was a nice guy. but my friend was just devastated, it was a really bad time for everyone... i can't begin to imagine how amy's family must feel about it especially with it being probably the most talked about news story around the world the past few days :/

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 10:30 PM
no i didn't. i said it was a piss poor argument and a bad comparison all along. which i still stand by.

yeah.. i mean i never knew him personally but i met him a few times and he was a nice guy. but my friend was just devastated, it was a really bad time for everyone... i can't begin to imagine how amy's family must feel about it especially with it being probably the most talked about news story around the world the past few days :/

Here's what you said to it initially:

You questioned how is becoming addicted to horrible drugs comparable to having sex with children (being a pedophile). Hence you completely didn't understand that I was simply talking about symptoms of addiction. Then when you finally read the thread and understood what I was talking about you attempted to recover by explaining that it was a silly comparison which is baffling because you STILL don't seem to understand that the rudimentary principles behind ANY sort of addiction are ALWAYS going to be THE SAME.

Judas
24-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Here's what you said to it initially:

You questioned how is becoming addicted to horrible drugs comparable to having sex with children (being a pedophile). Hence you completely didn't understand that I was simply talking about symptoms of addiction. Then when you finally read the thread and understood what I was talking about you attempted to recover by explaining that it was a silly comparison which is baffling because you STILL don't seem to understand that the rudimentary principles behind ANY sort of addiction are ALWAYS going to be THE SAME.

it was a stupid and pointless comparison. i honestly can't see your point. an 'addiction' to having sex with children and being addicted to taking hard drugs are not remotely the same thing

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 10:37 PM
it was a stupid and pointless comparison. i honestly can't see your point. an 'addiction' to having sex with children and being addicted to taking hard drugs are not remotely the same thing

You still don't understand what I was originally comparing. Fascinating.

Judas
24-07-2011, 10:42 PM
You still don't understand what I was originally comparing. Fascinating.

*REMOVED*

Edited by HotelUser (Assistant General Manager): Don't be rude to other forum members or staff, thanks.

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 10:47 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by HotelUser (Assistant General Manager): Don't be rude to other forum members or staff, thanks.

Atleast I make sure I understand something before I pass judgement on it :)

The Don
24-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Actually facts are on my side. Have you ever researched pedophilia before? It's a mental disorder. Fact. Homosexuality is not, why even mention it :S

Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children, not addicted to having sex with them...

Heterosexuals are attracted to people of the opposite sex
Homosexuals are attracted to people of the same sex
Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescence children
Bisexuals are attracted to people of from both sexes

Nowhere do I see an addiction...

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children, not addicted to having sex with them...

Heterosexuals are attracted to people of the opposite sex
Homosexuals are attracted to people of the same sex
Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescence children
Bisexuals are attracted to people of from both sexes

Nowhere do I see an addiction...

http://www.way2hope.org/family-articles/pedophilia-bar-cycle.htm (8 times they mention adict)

edit: by the way I love how everyone is just completely ignoring hard facts here!

buttons
24-07-2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.way2hope.org/family-articles/pedophilia-bar-cycle.htm (8 times they mention adict)

edit: by the way I love how everyone is just completely ignoring hard facts here!
like how you completely the ignore stories people have given to show that taking drugs isn't exactly for 'weak' or 'bad' people like you seem to have suggested before? why are you still arguing the whole pedophile thing in this thread, take it elsewhere..

Judas
24-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Atleast I make sure I understand something before I pass judgement on it :)

well this is completely hypocritical seeing as you obviously don't understand amy winehouse's situation, and are passing judgement on that. and as jen said choosing to ignore the HARD FACTS as in personal experiences that slowpoke (don't know your real name soz) and i have had.

The Don
24-07-2011, 10:57 PM

Because one article on the internet labels it as an addiction, that makes it true :rolleyes:

Way2hopes definition:

Pedophilia is a chronic compulsion for an adult to mentally dwell on, plan, attempt or carry out any kind of sexual activity with a child, whether that child is a relative or a stranger.

The Free Dictionary definition:

an adult who is sexually attracted to children

Notice how that differs? We can't continue this discussion as we both disagree with whether or not a pedophile chooses to be attracted to prepubescent children.

(quote from)
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/paedophile

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Because one article on the internet labels it as an addiction, that makes it true :rolleyes:

Way2hopes definition:

The Free Dictionary definition:

Notice how that differs? We can't continue this discussion as we both disagree with whether or not a pedophile chooses to be attracted to prepubescent children.

(quote from)
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/paedophile

A singular sentenced definition of pedophilia is insufficient. Any medical professional would say there is a level of addiction because it's a fact that there is. I feel like I am trying to tel you the colour blue is blue and you are trying to say otherwise.

like how you completely the ignore stories people have given to show that taking drugs isn't exactly for 'weak' or 'bad' people like you seem to have suggested before? why are you still arguing the whole pedophile thing isln this thread, take it elsewhere..

Of course I am not ignoring those stories, and they're tragic and I feel bad for the victims. There are/were soldiers who come back from war after having endured all their friends dying in horrific deaths. Witnessing gouging, murder, suffering beyond anyone's wildest dreams yet there are soldiers within this group whom do not get addicted to drugs? No matter how bad it gets you. do. not. have. to. take. drugs. It is not the end all solution you do not have to do it. You can justify why you take them as much as you want but at the end of the day it's illegal, it's unhealthy and I stand by what I say when I say taking them is unnecessary and above all more stupid than anything I've ever heard in my entire life. Amy very well could have died from surplus exposure to drugs. Isn't it absolutely obvious that if that's the case and if she never got involved with drugs in the first place that she'd still be alive today? How about instead of making excuses for people's actions to justify the reasons people do dangerous, reckless and stupid things, we just own up to those things and not do them anymore. Drugs are not the only outlet to the world's problems and the people's suffering. The very notion that it is the most logical and reasonable approach to overcoming any sort of calamity is absurd.

Judas
24-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Of course I am not ignoring those stories, and they're tragic and I feel bad for the victims. There are/were soldiers who come back from war after having endured all their friends dying in horrific deaths. Witnessing gouging, murder, suffering beyond anyone's wildest dreams yet there are soldiers within this group whom do not get addicted to drugs? No matter how bad it gets you. do. not. have. to. take. drugs. It is not the end all solution you do not have to do it. You can justify why you take them as much as you want but at the end of the day it's illegal, it's unhealthy and I stand by what I say when I say taking them is unnecessary and above all more stupid than anything I've ever heard in my entire life. Amy very well could have died from surplus exposure to drugs. Isn't it absolutely obvious that if that's the case and if she never got involved with drugs in the first place that she'd still be alive today? How about instead of making excuses for people's actions to justify the reasons people do dangerous, reckless and stupid things, we just own up to those things and not do them anymore. Drugs are not the only outlet to the world's problems and the people's suffering. The very notion that it is the most logical and reasonable approach to overcoming any sort of calamity is absurd.

how many times do you have to be told that it is NOT. A. CHOICE. TO. BECOME. ADDICTED. TO. DRUGS.

it makes me SO angry to know there are people like you that think people like my friends brother and amy winehouse decided they were going to become an addict and **** up their lives because of it. people like that are MENTALLY ILL. you do NOT just suddenly decide that you're going to get hooked on heroine and cocaine or whatever the **** it may be and let it screw up your entire life. these kind of events are triggered off by things in the person in question's life. people like that are troubled souls.

i am highly offended by you saying getting addicted is a stupid thing. so many lives are lost and families are torn apart by these incidents and it is such a shame that disrespectful idiots like you cannot see past the black and white face of these problems and understand what is underneath.

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 11:17 PM
how many times do you have to be told that it is NOT. A. CHOICE. TO. BECOME. ADDICTED. TO. DRUGS.

it makes me SO angry to know there are people like you that think people like my friends brother and amy winehouse decided they were going to become an addict and **** up their lives because of it. people like that are MENTALLY ILL. you do NOT just suddenly decide that you're going to get hooked on heroine and cocaine or whatever the **** it may be and let it screw up your entire life. this kind of events are triggered off by things in the person in question's life. people like that are troubled souls.

i am highly offended by you saying getting addicted is a stupid thing. so many lives are lost and families are torn apart by these incidents and it is such a shame that disrespectful idiots like you cannot see past the black and white face of these problems and understand what is underneath.

I am saying not to start doing drugs in the first place no matter how bad it gets. I am not saying that once an addiction has taken hold it's easy to stop. For this reason your point is somewhat redundant because it's not disputing anything I've said.

It may not be someone's fault that they keep doing heroine once they're hooked.

It is their fault for taking it in the first place.

Judas
24-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I am saying not to start doing drugs in the first place no matter how bad it gets. I am not saying that once an addiction has taken hold it's easy to stop. For this reason your point is somewhat redundant because it's not disputing anything I've said.

It may not be someone's fault that they keep doing heroine once they're hooked.

It is their fault for taking it in the first place.

**** me you are so ignorant

that is not always the case. sometimes people's lives are so complicated and destroyed by depression and mental health issues that there is no where else to turn to and their demons get the better of them.

i don't expect someone as ignorant as you to ever understand until it happens to someone you know or yourself. even though i really dislike you, after seeing what happened to my friend's brother i would never wish something like that on anyone.

The Don
24-07-2011, 11:27 PM
A singular sentenced definition of pedophilia is insufficient. Any medical professional would say there is a level of addiction because it's a fact that there is. I feel like I am trying to tel you the colour blue is blue and you are trying to say otherwise.

http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia.html

Pedophilia is also a psychosexual disorder in which the fantasy or actual act of engaging in sexual activity with prepubertal children is the preferred or exclusive means of achieving sexual excitement and gratification

Attraction.

You think that pedophilia is an addiction and that pedophiles can be cured, I think it's a mental disorder where the person is sexually attracted to prepubescent children and they can never be cured (Hence why I found the comparison bizarre) there are differing scientific views online.

Let's agree to disagree as this isn't the correct thread for this discussion.

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 11:27 PM
**** me you are so ignorant

that is not always the case. sometimes people's lives are so complicated and destroyed by depression and mental health issues that there is no where else to turn to and their demons get the better of them.

i don't expect someone as ignorant as you to ever understand until it happens to someone you know or yourself. even though i really dislike you, after seeing what happened to my friend's brother i would never wish something like that on anyone.

I fail to see why you're bringing in personal scenarios here because just about every single night my brother and his army of friends camp in my basement and I can smell smoke and weed from up here on a different floor.

Just because things get rough does not justify doing something which is nothing more than a quick fix, which will only end up making things worse, and put you at a health risk. I shall repeat: there are different healthy outlets people can always pursue in order to recover from bad spots in life. Just because things get hard does not constitute giving up and throwing your life away. Perhaps you best read my previous post over again because there are a lot of people in the world who have endured pure hell yet they have not fallen to the wrath of drugs. Please, what a pathetic excuse for doing something so silly.

buttons
24-07-2011, 11:30 PM

Of course I am not ignoring those stories, and they're tragic and I feel bad for the victims. There are/were soldiers who come back from war after having endured all their friends dying in horrific deaths. Witnessing gouging, murder, suffering beyond anyone's wildest dreams yet there are soldiers
within this group whom do not get addicted to drugs? No matter how bad it gets you. do. not. have. to. take. drugs. It is not the end all solution you do not have to do it. You can justify why you take them as much as you want but at the end of the day it's illegal, it's unhealthy and I stand by what I say when I say taking them is unnecessary and above all more stupid than anything I've ever heard in my entire life. Amy very well could have died from surplus exposure to drugs. Isn't it absolutely obvious that if that's the case and if she never got involved with drugs in the first place that she'd still be alive today? How about instead of making excuses for people's actions to justify the reasons people do dangerous, reckless and stupid things, we just own up to those things and not do them anymore. Drugs are not the only outlet to the world's problems and the people's suffering. The very notion that it is the most logical and reasonable approach to overcoming any sort of calamity is absurd.
no i don't believe that is the case at all, even if she never took drugs i don't think she would have been alive much longer than she already did. her life was ruined BEFORE she took drugs, the reason she took drugs was because of depression like many drug addicts. she has tried to commit suicide before and wishes she was dead just before she died, which may well be the case here so i'm getting tired of the whole 'she deserved it for taking drugs'. yes there is no need to take drugs at all and there are better ways of getting rid of depression but if it was that easy would we have people doing it in the first place? they probably don't want to live or get better in the first place but drugs are addictive and make you feel happier apparently so it's clear why some may go that way. not everyone is simply cured through time or talking (believe me, if youve been through depression and fought it then i'd love to know your story), i've never been in the position of taking drugs to cope but have seen people around me who have turned to drugs because of depression and i don't thnk they're all bad people. she never harmed anyone!

& as for people doing stupid, reckless and destructive stuff to themselves then jokes on you because we do them every day. maybe look at the **** you eat and the stuff you put on your body but that's another story. not sure anyone has ever said it is the most logical or reasonable approach, you like to over exaggerate i suppose. the point is she is dead, people saw it coming because they were worried she was suicidal. look at the amount of famous people who died from drug related deaths but are still huge icons, i think Amy will be the same. I don't believe drugs are the way forward as i've went through hell and back because of someone's addiction but I'm not coming in to a thread to say she deserves it or to argue over pointless comparisons which you're doing now that has nothing to do with her/drugs or anything other than you and others trying to get one over the other :S

anyways i'm out i'll let the big boys argue

Judas
24-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I fail to see why you're bringing in personal scenarios here because just about every single night my brother and his army of friends camp in my basement and I can smell smoke and weed from up here on a different floor.

Just because things get rough does not justify doing something which is nothing more than a quick fix, which will only end up making things worse, and put you at a health risk. I shall repeat: there are different healthy outlets people can always pursue in order to recover from bad spots in life. Just because things get hard does not constitute giving up and throwing your life away. Perhaps you best read my previous post over again because there are a lot of people in the world who have endured pure hell yet they have not fallen to the wrath of drugs. Please, what a pathetic excuse for doing something so silly.

how is that relevant to the discussion

okay, fine. it's like talking to a brick wall. you try telling that to a victim or their family.

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 11:42 PM
no i don't believe that is the case at all, even if she never took drugs i don't think she would have been alive much longer than she already did. her life was ruined BEFORE she took drugs, the reason she took drugs was because of depression like many drug addicts. she has tried to commit suicide before and wish she was dead, which may well be the case here so i'm getting tired of the whole 'she deserved it for taking drugs'. yes there is no need to take drugs at all and there are better ways of getting rid of depression but if it was that easy would we have people doing it in the first place? they probably don't want to live or get better in the first place but drugs are addictive and make you feel happier apparently so it's clear why some may go that way. not everyone is simply cured through time or talking (believe me, if youve been through depression ans fought it then i'd love to know your story) but i've never been in the position of taking drugs to cope but have seen people around me who have turned to drugs because of depression....
& as for people doing stupid, reckless and destructive stuff to themselves then jokes on you because we do them every day. maybe look at the **** you eat and the stuff you put on your body but that's another story. not sure anyone has ever said it is the most logical or reasonable approach l, you like to over exaggerate i suppose. the point is she is dead, people saw it coming because they were worried she was suicidal. look at the amount of famous people who died from drug related deaths but are still huge icons, i think Amy will be the same. I don't believe drugs are the way forward as i've went through hell and back because of someone's addiction but I'm not coming in to a thread to say she deserves it or to argue over pointless comparisons which you're doing now that has nothing to do with her/drugs or anything other than you and others trying to get one over the other :S
anyways i'm I'll let the big boys argue

Really good points here Jen, and I would never say she deserved to die. It's pretty cruel that anyone would say that! I don't actually know who she is as she wasn't known over here but it's a shame to hear that she was even on the road to death before she started doing drugs.

My only quarrel here is that I believe there are other ways of dealing with genuine problems people face throughout life other than resorting to drugs. As you said they might be the harder ways of getting over sore spots but they're the more healthy and lasting approaches of doing it.

how is that relevant to the discussion

okay, fine. it's like talking to a brick wall. you try telling that to a victim or their family.

Pretty much everything you said wasn't relavent to any of the points I mentioned. Don on the other hand has actually brought up some fair points about definitions of pedophilia and though we shall agree to disagree I can still totally see his perspective.

I wouldn't have to tell a victim's family that. I think, especially if (god forbid) a family member passed away due to drugs, that the rest of their family would already of wished the victim had never started taking them in the first place.

A brick wall, huh? The properties of aluminum oxide and silicone oxide are quite superior to other compounds :)

samsaBEAR
24-07-2011, 11:43 PM
If someone is stupid enough to dabble with dangerous drugs time after time then they deserve everything that happens to them

Judas
24-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Pretty much everything you said wasn't relavent to any of the points I mentioned. Don on the other hand has actually brought up some fair points about definitions of pedophilia and though we shall agree to disagree I can still totally see his perspective.

I wouldn't have to tell a victim's family that. I think, especially if (god forbid) a family member passed away due to drugs, that the rest of their family would already of wished the victim had never started taking them in the first place.

A brick wall, huh? The properties of aluminum oxide and silicone oxide are quite superior to other compounds :)

well obviously everyone wished she never took them, but she did, thanks to her mental health issues. and now her family have lost her.

If someone is stupid enough to dabble with dangerous drugs time after time then they deserve everything that happens to them

and you're a completely ignorant fool congratulations

The Don
24-07-2011, 11:55 PM

.,~* Starts Circle again *~,.

She didn't deserve to die for using drugs, she was foolish for using them originally BUT I understand and can sympathize with her reasons for originally using. People aren't as strong willed as others, if you hit rock bottom, and someone encourages you to do something, suggesting that it can 'make things feel better' and you happen to be a weak willed person, you're going to do it. Once she did it, she soon became addicted and obviously addiction isn't easy to cure. She tried to get clean and change her life so to suggest that she deserves what's happened to her, I find that a naive and incredibly harsh thing to say.

Gina
24-07-2011, 11:59 PM
well obviously everyone wished she never took them, but she did, thanks to her mental health issues. and now her family have lost her.

and you're a completely ignorant fool congratulations
Your negitivity is starting to get on my nerves.
They're are right, they are to blame, she was the one taking the drugs, shes the one who took an overdose, who else is there to blame? But even tho its her fault I don't belive she deserved to die.

Imosae
25-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Well done for dieing .

Judas
25-07-2011, 12:12 AM
They're are right, they are to blame, she was the one taking the drugs, shes the one who took an overdose, who else is there to blame? But even tho its her fault I don't belive she deserved to die.

sorry for being negative whilst discussing the death of a human being ... something which is usually considered a negative event.

1) she was addicted. it's not as simple as just stopping.
2) have you done a post mortem on her body yourself? because the cause of death is still UNKNOWN, so i appreciate the breaking news.

cocaine
25-07-2011, 12:24 AM

perhaps foolish to start with but no one deserves to die

wrong. do you genuinely believe that she actively sought to take such an amount that would kill her?

peteyt
25-07-2011, 01:36 AM

it makes me SO angry to know there are people like you that think people like my friends brother and amy winehouse decided they were going to become an addict and **** up their lives because of it. people like that are MENTALLY ILL. you do NOT just suddenly decide that you're going to get hooked on heroine and cocaine or whatever the **** it may be and let it screw up your entire life. these kind of events are triggered off by things in the person in question's life. people like that are troubled souls.

#

Sorry but unless someone is forced into a lifestyle then they are responsible for their own actions.

The problem is who really knows Amy Whinehouse? Because all these people who seem to be sticking up for her are like you don't know what she was going through but the problem is no one knows the true situation.

Maybe she had depression, maybe she just took drugs for fun or maybe it was a mixture of the two. However no one can ignore it had a starting point, a point where she said yes took them and from then on slowly started to spiral out of control. The fact is that if she had said no, which she could of, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation now.

One thing that I've wondered - the song, her first I think, Rehab, she is saying no to rehab. I don't know much about winehouse but if its her refusing any help then isn't it also her own fault as in she should have admitted her problems and got help.

Now as I mentioned in a previous post, there are people brought up into drugs, forced into a horrible world, some who want to get out and never can and it isn't their fault. Some do manage to get out and manage to make something of their lives. Because of that it annoys me when celebrities with a fair amount of money use it to ruin their lives with drugs. It's like they got the perfect job, they are rich, other people would love to get where they where but they still put it at risk. I'm sure they'd feel different about drugs if they swapped with one of those who had been brought up with them.

beth
25-07-2011, 01:36 AM

addiction isn't stupidity, addiction is a disease.

Judas
25-07-2011, 01:47 AM
#

Sorry but unless someone is forced into a lifestyle then they are responsible for their own actions.

The problem is who really knows Amy Whinehouse? Because all these people who seem to be sticking up for her are like you don't know what she was going through but the problem is no one knows the true situation.

Maybe she had depression, maybe she just took drugs for fun or maybe it was a mixture of the two. However no one can ignore it had a starting point, a point where she said yes took them and from then on slowly started to spiral out of control. The fact is that if she had said no, which she could of, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation now.

One thing that I've wondered - the song, her first I think, Rehab, she is saying no to rehab. I don't know much about winehouse but if its her refusing any help then isn't it also her own fault as in she should have admitted her problems and got help.

Now as I mentioned in a previous post, there are people brought up into drugs, forced into a horrible world, some who want to get out and never can and it isn't their fault. Some do manage to get out and manage to make something of their lives. Because of that it annoys me when celebrities with a fair amount of money use it to ruin their lives with drugs. It's like they got the perfect job, they are rich, other people would love to get where they where but they still put it at risk. I'm sure they'd feel different about drugs if they swapped with one of those who had been brought up with them.

of course none of us know what really kicked it all off. but my own opinion and belief is that a series of events including her grandmother's death and meeting blake kicked off the drug habit.

concerning 'rehab', i'm pretty sure that song is about a drink problem, that's what it sounds like to me anyway. maybe the drink has been a long problem that started before back to black came out, and the drugs came after that and just made her problem a whole lot worse? who knows. all i know is that i am not blaming anyone. it's just a horrible thing that can happen to a person.

i don't ever wanna drink again / i just need a friend

Slowpoke
25-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Newspapers have changed their tunes this morning. Reports suggest no drugs were involved and she may have commit suicide... The plot thickenst

Adam
25-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Taking the morale high ground are we?

Look, drugs are fine in the right amounts. Not hard drugs, they're illegal, for a reason. Alcohol and tobacco aren't and are fine but she was a hardcore drug user as has been much publicised by her close relatives and friends and she died from it - I do not have any sympathy for her at all.

No one deserves death, but when people kill themselves - no sympathy. That's including suicide or whatever.

Haters gonna hate but that's the truth.

james,
25-07-2011, 09:45 AM
does not come as a shock if I am honest, anyhow its a shame though

Judas
25-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Taking the morale high ground are we?

Look, drugs are fine in the right amounts. Not hard drugs, they're illegal, for a reason. Alcohol and tobacco aren't and are fine but she was a hardcore drug user as has been much publicised by her close relatives and friends and she died from it - I do not have any sympathy for her at all.

No one deserves death, but when people kill themselves - no sympathy. That's including suicide or whatever.

Haters gonna hate but that's the truth.

no it's not the truth, that's your opinion.

if you don't want to appreciate that people like those in the situations you have mentioned usually have extremely troubled pasts, then fine. you can be an ignorant fool all you want.

Adam
25-07-2011, 11:37 AM
no it's not the truth, that's your opinion.

if you don't want to appreciate that people like those in the situations you have mentioned usually have extremely troubled pasts, then fine. you can be an ignorant fool all you want.
And this is why I left the forum, because people cannot have an argument without turning to expletives. Grow up and come back with a counter-argument and maybe I'll reply.

Judas
25-07-2011, 11:55 AM
And this is why I left the forum, because people cannot have an argument without turning to expletives. Grow up and come back with a counter-argument and maybe I'll reply.

i think you will find that i never used an expletive?

IceNineKills
25-07-2011, 02:01 PM
This has made Sickapedia fun again.

Adam
25-07-2011, 03:11 PM
i think you will find that i never used an expletive?
Well name calling then, whatever, there was no need.

Trying technicalities to get out of an argument now...

Judas
25-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Well name calling then, whatever, there was no need.

Trying technicalities to get out of an argument now...

yawn not really sweet heart. you posted something that was purely opinion and passed it off as "the truth" when it was definitely not. next.

Mathew
25-07-2011, 05:16 PM
init lol. Several individuals seem to think they're quite the superior one! The days of decent debates are long gone due to a couple who feel the need to throw insults around. Such a shame.

But yeah, agreed with Dave yada yada yada.

Spuds
25-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Adam, when you do get into a debate with someone the other user will lock the thread if they can (see Logan-).

swag
26-07-2011, 05:31 AM
heard the ***** had some coke ecstasy heroin and ketamine damn

Slowpoke
26-07-2011, 06:08 AM
That's just a rumour at the moment. No drugs or any signs of drug use were found in her house

Dalri
26-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Kinda Sucksx Feels Like I was Last To Know -.-

ChloeeBALDWIN
26-07-2011, 07:50 AM
When I was in the car on the way home on the day this was announce all the music stopped,
"BREAKING NEWS , AMY WINEHOUSE FOUND DEAD IN HER FLAT"
I couldn't believe it so I looked on my blackberry
So many status' on bbm "RIP Amy winehouse"
This wasn't good news.. :S

Judas
26-07-2011, 11:30 AM
init lol. Several individuals seem to think they're quite the superior one! The days of decent debates are long gone due to a couple who feel the need to throw insults around. Such a shame.

But yeah, agreed with Dave yada yada yada.

go to the debate forum then
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll7vxpz36J1qa4vrao1_500.gif

Mathew
26-07-2011, 11:32 AM
lol, feel free to start one.

Judas
26-07-2011, 11:33 AM
i would but i'm not the one complaining about the "days of decent debates" so feel free bby boy

Firehorse
26-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Why was this thread moved from current affairs to music?

Slowpoke
26-07-2011, 11:45 AM

I've just noticed this myself a few minutes ago, not sure

Chris
26-07-2011, 11:49 AM

It's because a thread was merged into this one and got moved at the same time. Ive moved it back. :)

Anyway, the private funeral is this afternoon in London.

Slowpoke
26-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Indeed, quick burial as is custom in the Jewish faith

vainityfair
27-07-2011, 02:59 PM
It's kind of sad, she dies and then she starts hitting the top charts, to be expected though I guess. Have they confirmed the heroin overdose yet? Apparently there were no drugs near her body, I find that odd...

Matthew
27-07-2011, 03:05 PM
After the first tests I'm pretty sure they couldn't work out how she had died?

Judas
27-07-2011, 03:41 PM
they couldn't find out and they've done a toxicology test or something like that, don't really know what that is, and the results of which will be back in a few weeks and will apparently determine the cause

her dad has claimed that she didn't die of a drug overdose and there were no drugs found in her home, but i guess we will see. if she didn't i will be surprised and relieved.

beth
27-07-2011, 04:18 PM
they couldn't find out and they've done a toxicology test or something like that, don't really know what that is, and the results of which will be back in a few weeks and will apparently determine the cause

her dad has claimed that she didn't die of a drug overdose and there were no drugs found in her home, but i guess we will see. if she didn't i will be surprised and relieved.

toxicology will be testing her blood for traces of pretty much everything i reckon. me and my mom were talking, and she thinks her body may have just given up with the state of her health previously. i don't know how she LOOKED at the time of her death, but she may have stopped eating again and maybe she collapsed. it may have been alcohol poisoning, or she may have overdosed on perhaps prescription drugs. my dad's ex-police and says he doesn't reckon it's suicide, the "unexplained causes" term rules out that she left any indication that she took her own life (e.g: suicide note, sorting her affairs prior.)

i'm glad she got a good, private send off yesterday with her family and i'm interested in her cause of death. in a way i hope it wasn't a full up drugs overdose, maybe it will vindicate her death slightly. think she's taken far far far too much abuse over the last 4/5 days.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!