PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Habbo Security Breach 30th June 7th July

frankiegoes
24-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi guys, I'm trying to get numbers of users that fell victim to this.

Was your account compromised and what response have you had from Habbo Customer Support.

Have you got your account back if not what problems are you having?

What was the Habbo Credit value of the furni at the time you lost it?

Grateful for any replies.

Frankiegoes

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from ' Habbo in General' to here as probably more suitable

Casio
24-07-2011, 03:49 PM
What are you on about?

frankiegoes
24-07-2011, 03:55 PM
This

https://help.habbo.com/entries/20252246-important-safety-information-to-habbo-users

Kyle
24-07-2011, 04:29 PM
why do you want this info are you taking some sort of legal action? lmao

frankiegoes
24-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes i am.

Someone has to as Habbo seems to be ignoring the fact their security is flawed but don't like to admit it. They take out money but ignore us when their systems are breached means Habbo users loose their furni and credits because of their failures and at the same time boast about their record profits.

why do you want this info are you taking some sort of legal action? lmao

frankiegoes
24-07-2011, 06:50 PM
If you would rather not post here then just send me a PM as a couple have already done.

Thanks

Kyle
24-07-2011, 08:57 PM
You're being ridiculous. Have you not READ the terms an conditions? All accounts, rooms, and furniture therein belongs to SULAKE. Full Stop. Just because you paid for it, doesn't make it yours. You're effectively renting it. Since the breach was contained to habbo only and nothing else was affected (i.e. your credit card details, home addresses, etc. weren't leaked) you have no grounds whatsoever to do anything.

Besides, it's your own responsibility to keep your account safe!

frankiegoes
24-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Read these! in particular the quote in the caption from a Sulake spokesman in the 1st link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7094764.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10207486

I think you will find its Habbos' responsibility to keep our details safe.

Kyle
24-07-2011, 09:22 PM
It's theft, yes. But it's not sulake's fault, it's yours. You're quoting articles from years ago, do you not think they update their terms and conditions?

frankiegoes
24-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Kyle I havent started this thread to argue the toss with you. If you have something constructive to add to this thread then fill your boots.

dbgtz
24-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Kyles right, legally sulake have the upper hand and the articles you posted are showing legal action against the person who stole, not sulake. Unless you can find a loop hole you're not going to get anywhere, and after years and lots of money I'm sure it's pretty secure.

Zak
24-07-2011, 11:10 PM
You understand that all purchases of Habbo Credits and/or of Premium Subscriptions and/or of any other virtual items (e.g., furniture) sold on the Site are final and non-refundable

Taken from Habbo's ToS^

So basically the furniture anyone has brought, or obtained, which was taken by hackers is non-refundable & is made clear in their ToS.

Interestingly enough I also found this, which I found interesting.

Further, in Sulake's sole discretion, Habbo accounts that are either unused or have been used only once for a period greater than six (6) months may be terminated.

frankiegoes
25-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

So reading this it would seem that Habbo have covered themselves even though many users had their accounts compromised via a hole in Habbos security but do you think Habbo as a multimillion pound company should take any responsibility? I do know they are contemplating legal action against the hacker/s but that doesn’t help their users.

Catzsy
25-07-2011, 08:08 AM
If somebody gets into Habbo housekeeping or furni is taken because of a breach of their security then they are liable as they have been in the past when it has happened so Frankie is right here. I don't understand why some members just post to be negative, especially towards a new member.

frankiegoes
25-07-2011, 08:22 AM
If somebody gets into Habbo housekeeping or furni is taken because of a breach of their security then they are liable as they have been in the past when it has happened so Frankie is right here. I don't understand why some members just post to be negative, especially towards a new member.

Thanks Catzsy. I started this thread because i think yes it is down to the hacker/s who managed to gain access to the accounts but as it was because of ahole in Habbos security. I also think that Habbo have played their part and they should be taking some sort of responsibility for it.

I didn’t start this thread just for a moan istarted it because it is a very serious issue and one that should be talked about openly by Habbo users. It could turn out to be a very interesting topic.

RockyHorror
25-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks Catzsy. I started this thread because i think yes it is down to the hacker/s who managed to gain access to the accounts but as it was because of ahole in Habbos security. I also think that Habbo have played their part and they should be taking some sort of responsibility for it.

I didn’t start this thread just for a moan istarted it because it is a very serious issue and one that should be talked about openly by Habbo users. It could turn out to be a very interesting topic.

gigglz, he said ahole.

Unfortunately you have no grounds for legal action as already cited in this thread. For humors sake, what did you envision happening? The support system wasn't built by Habbo, they just purchase a license to use it from Zendesk (http://www.zendesk.com/). So if it's anyone's responisbility, then it's Zendesk as their software wasn't secure.

Would you mind expanding on such instances, as I'm not aware of any time whereby Habbo has been forced to reimburse any users, they have and might give users back furni in situations where it wasn't the users fault out of a gesture in kind, but never from a legal standpoint.

Catzsy
25-07-2011, 09:25 AM
gigglz, he said ahole.

Unfortunately you have no grounds for legal action as already cited in this thread. For humors sake, what did you envision happening? The support system wasn't built by Habbo, they just purchase a license to use it from Zendesk (http://www.zendesk.com/). So if it's anyone's responisbility, then it's Zendesk as their software wasn't secure.

Would you mind expanding on such instances, as I'm not aware of any time whereby Habbo has been forced to reimburse any users, they have and might give users back furni in situations where it wasn't the users fault out of a gesture in kind, but never from a legal standpoint.

It has happened a few times over the years when people got into housekeeping and the accounts effected were given their furni back. I did not say 'forced' as far as I know they have always done it when their security was breachedand so obviously admitted liability. I don't think there is any question of that. Doesn't have to be a court case for someone to admit liability for something.

RockyHorror
25-07-2011, 09:47 AM
It has happened a few times over the years when people got into housekeeping and the accounts effected were given their furni back. I did not say 'forced' as far as I know they have always done it when their security was breachedand so obviously admitted liability. I don't think there is any question of that. Doesn't have to be a court case for someone to admit liability for something.

So what your saying is there has been instances when Habbo have reimbursed people out of kind, which has no relevance to the topic of discussion, which is that of the legal standpoint... All well and good if you want to play white knight coming to the aide of a new member, but at least have a basis to back up said members point. No one was being negative, they were just explaining how there is no legal standpoint. Put the cape away batman.

james,
25-07-2011, 09:48 AM
No idea what you are going on about, anyhow no it did not happen to me thanks bye

Catzsy
25-07-2011, 06:59 PM
So what your saying is there has been instances when Habbo have reimbursed people out of kind, which has no relevance to the topic of discussion, which is that of the legal standpoint... All well and good if you want to play white knight coming to the aide of a new member, but at least have a basis to back up said members point. No one was being negative, they were just explaining how there is no legal standpoint. Put the cape away batman.

Actually you may want to go back to the OP's first post because that is not what it it about. From a legal standpoint I would say that it makes a contract with the habbo to provide a service. If their security is compromised and members lose furni because of it they would be legally obliged to replace it as otherwise it could be seen as a breach of contract. Civil law not criminal. Thanks :P

e5
25-07-2011, 09:05 PM
It's habbo fault that they had a flaw in their system - if it was only one Habbo hacked then you could consider it being the users fault - however as this was a very clever trick which Habbo hadn't sussed and it resulted in many others being hacked too - it then starts to become habbo's fault, although the user should have used their sense not to click the links.

I do agree with your other comments though. No legal action can be taken as Habbo have covered themselves well. So good look to the guy ;)
It's theft, yes. But it's not sulake's fault, it's yours. You're quoting articles from years ago, do you not think they update their terms and conditions?

james,
25-07-2011, 09:09 PM
It's habbo fault that they had a flaw in their system - if it was only one Habbo hacked then you could consider it being the users fault - however as this was a very clever trick which Habbo hadn't sussed and it resulted in many others being hacked too - it then starts to become habbo's fault, although the user should have used their sense not to click the links.

I do agree with your other comments though. No legal action can be taken as Habbo have covered themselves well. So good look to the guy ;)

Agree with this, but at the end of the day habbo did not know it was coming but they should have been prepared, someone was going to attack one day, its going to be ages now till its 100% sorted ;/

SS
25-07-2011, 09:11 PM
You won't beat sulake at the end of the day, all habbo furniture belongs to sulake.

james,
25-07-2011, 09:14 PM
You won't beat sulake at the end of the day, all habbo furniture belongs to sulake.

Sorry what are you going on about? People already have hacked it, so someone has beat sulake but its being resolved and will most likely happen again now ;/

SS
25-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Sorry what are you going on about? People already have hacked it, so someone has beat sulake but its being resolved and will most likely happen again now ;/

I'm on about the guys complaining on the first page about Sulake and no response. You need to figure out the difference between hacking and an exploit buddy, Sulake wasn't hacked lol.

james,
25-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm on about the guys complaining on the first page about Sulake and no response. You need to figure out the difference between hacking and an exploit buddy, Sulake wasn't hacked lol.

Sulake wasent hacked, but some of the Habbo's were thats what I was meaning, sorry m8. And alright but its going to happen again, theres going to be more cases of this now I bet you

e5
25-07-2011, 09:19 PM
He means in terms of sueing Habbo :P

All furni belongs to sulake that you pay to rent.

If it goes then Habbo take no responsibility and are at no liberty to refund you or give you your furni back, which is the risk you take by playing Habbo.

james,
25-07-2011, 09:21 PM
He means in terms of sueing Habbo :P

All furni belongs to sulake that you pay to rent.

If it goes then Habbo take no responsibility and are at no liberty to refund you or give you your furni back, which is the risk you take by playing Habbo.

Ah right, now I get it cheers ;) - And yeh true that, we only rent stuff ;/

e5
25-07-2011, 09:39 PM
No problem :)

Yeah. Seems silly in reality but it's how it works and that's what Habbo use to back themselves so if we want to play the game, that's what we have to live with!
Ah right, now I get it cheers ;) - And yeh true that, we only rent stuff ;/

RockyHorror
25-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Actually you may want to go back to the OP's first post because that is not what it it about. From a legal standpoint I would say that it makes a contract with the habbo to provide a service. If their security is compromised and members lose furni because of it they would be legally obliged to replace it as otherwise it could be seen as a breach of contract. Civil law not criminal. Thanks :P

I'm glad you have taken the time to read the thread before making assumptions, it makes me really respect your opinion. Stop playing the role of 'Catzy defender of the weak' and actually make a proper contribution.

Catzsy
26-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm glad you have taken the time to read the thread before making assumptions, it makes me really respect your opinion. Stop playing the role of 'Catzy defender of the weak' and actually make a proper contribution.

I read the thread before and with respect I am entitled to post what I like within the rules . The OP posted a serious thread, is not weak and doesn't need 'defending'. What is your reply to my post about the legal position?

frankiegoes
27-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. I have now passed my case to the UK Police to look into it and see what can be done.

frankiegoes
01-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Quick update. I'm a happy bunny today :) and someone will be getting a knock on the front door very soon.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!