PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO DJ????????

littymatty
25-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I am intreasted in Djing i have a lot of music and a sexy voice ;). If i do get accepted this will be my first Djing in my life so before i apply i need to ask... What programs do i use to DJ?

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): From"Habbox Feedback", as it is better suited here.

j0rd
25-07-2011, 12:09 PM
You will need SAM Broadcaster software.
http://spacial.com/sam-broadcaster?gclid=CM7vz-O6nKoCFYpA4QodYiGAxA

Liam
25-07-2011, 12:22 PM
And a mic.

j0rd
25-07-2011, 12:29 PM
And a mic.
A microphone isn't a program lol

Liam
25-07-2011, 12:34 PM
A microphone isn't a program lol
True that, true that..

Richie
25-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Sam Broadcaster

You can find out how to download the program here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJcUHXRm6Q

You can get help with the program here:
www.rbguides.com

Eric
25-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Use SAM Broadcaster , at least 200 songs are needed and a microphone of course :D

Richie
25-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Oh never mind it was moved from the hxl section

ignore this lol

Oleh
25-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Potentially spotify.

buttons
25-07-2011, 01:56 PM
r u mattyfan

Edited by Recursion (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Absently
25-07-2011, 03:27 PM
his typings way too good to be mattyfan

Edited by Recursion (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

littymatty
26-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Thank you all :D

---------- Post added 26-07-2011 at 07:19 PM ----------

Im not mattyfan

james,
26-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Sam broadcaster and music, and whos mattyfan

Jahova
26-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Do you want to be a radio presenter or a DJ?

Richie
26-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Nowdays they are the exact same thing.

peteyt
26-07-2011, 03:58 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Yeah people may class them the same but do you don't get DJ Chris Moyles and DJ Scot Mills and so on.

When it comes to professional radio people who are presenters just usually use their names as they aren't actually proper DJ's and simply play tracks without really messing them.

Then you get people that go by DJ .... and actually mix and produce their own music, beats etc.

When I did run my former radio station which is returning this September with a new name/image etc. I always made sure presenters understood that they could only be DJ something if they where actually a true DJ. Because when you look at habbo radio's that have people like DJ ultimate DJ this and DJ that if anything it sounds a bit unprofessional and you can tell they are young.

Richie
26-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Yeah people may class them the same but do you don't get DJ Chris Moyles and DJ Scot Mills and so on.

When it comes to professional radio people who are presenters just usually use their names as they aren't actually proper DJ's and simply play tracks without really messing them.

Then you get people that go by DJ .... and actually mix and produce their own music, beats etc.

When I did run my former radio station which is returning this September with a new name/image etc. I always made sure presenters understood that they could only be DJ something if they where actually a true DJ. Because when you look at habbo radio's that have people like DJ ultimate DJ this and DJ that if anything it sounds a bit unprofessional and you can tell they are young.

Na you're wrong

Define DJ: Disc jockey
Define Disc Jockey: A person who introduces and plays recorded popular music, esp. on radio or at a disco.

Chris Moles is a dj maybe they don't state it on the site but technically he is. Being a DJ doesn't always mean entertaining people through the use of DJ Decks.

Recursion
26-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Chris Moyles and Scott Mills do mix afaik, just not on their regular Radio 1 shows.

peteyt
26-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Na you're wrong

Define DJ: Disc jockey
Define Disc Jockey: A person who introduces and plays recorded popular music, esp. on radio or at a disco.

Chris Moles is a dj maybe they don't state it on the site but technically he is. Being a DJ doesn't always mean entertaining people through the use of DJ Decks.

True but usually they wouldn't put the DJ tag on their name unless they mixed. You usually only hear people say DJ ... if they mix their own stuff. When they don't mix their own stuff, they are still often classed as DJ's but often don't put the DJ tag on their name instead just using their full name.

Jahova
27-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Although in theory DJ does simply mean someone who plays music, I don't tend to class a "DJ" and a "radio presenter" as the same thing. DJ's (in my mind) are people who have knowledge of the beat (BPM, key, etc) structure of a track and can confidently mix and merge two (or more) tracks together, trying as hard as possible to make the mix as clean as possible. On the other hand a radio presenter, well, they do a radio show, they talk, and they play music (but don't mix between the two tracks). By mixing I don't mean fading in and out, haha!

I also agree that a person can be both.. For example (using myself) - I am both a DJ and a radio presenter. I have a show on a very popular online radio which involves me being both a DJ and also a radio show host (as I have to mix but also talk and do interviews, etc). Also, I regularly play in club environments.

Also yes, a majority of the Radio One presenters can call themselves DJ's as they can actually mix, however, they rarely do it on air and only at festivals, etc.

So yeah, I was just speaking from my aspect. Do you want to play music (with no knowledge of mixing) and chat, etc or do you want to learn to properly mix and do both (which requires far more effort & costs a bomb for all the right equipment).

P.S; Just to be a mug, this is what becoming a DJ might require; http://i.imgur.com/AUTAH.jpg

Lamz
27-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I always have seen myself as a Internet radio presenter as i can't do mix's. I know how to but it's nowhere near good i'd love to master it though. I use the DJ Ice because me saying 'Lamar on HxL' on air doesn't sound good at all!

I listen to Kiss 100 irl & they do have differences in titles eg: Ricky Melvin & Charlie do radio presenting on Kiss but they do mixes outside of kiss. But they have DJ Swerve who does mixes on Kiss & outside of Kiss...

It's complicated in a way because any1 that has something to do with the radio entertainment industry is a DJ well the broadcasting side of things anyway.

I am intreasted in Djing i have a lot of music and a sexy voice ;). If i do get accepted this will be my first Djing in my life so before i apply i need to ask... What programs do i use to DJ?

If you're talkin' about a Habbo 'DJ' then you'd need:

Sam Broadcaster (2,3 or 4)
Music on your p.c/laptop
A Mic
Headphones
A Clear voice or as you'd say a 'Sexy Voice' :L

That's about it off the top of my head, if you apply for HxL good luck :D

Spuds
27-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Get Fruity Loops to make your own beats. Pick up your own decks etc. Check a vinyl store and pick some up. Google the rest.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!