PDA

View Full Version : Youtube - copyrighted music

Richie
25-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey,
Is there any way around the copyright rules on youtube? I know some people add the artists copyright in their videos description but does that really work?

Thread moved by Nuxty (Forum Moderator) from 'Discuss Anything' to here, as I feel it is better suited in this forum, thanks!

wixard
25-07-2011, 03:47 PM
it should only really bother you if you are partnered or are hoping to get partnered in the future
use someone on youtubes cover or use a youtube posted remix

Richie
25-07-2011, 03:51 PM
it should only really bother you if you are partnered or are hoping to get partnered in the future
use someone on youtubes cover or use a youtube posted remix

I wanted to work on my youtube account and I wouldn't want to get a fair amount of subs then not getting partnered, so how does it work?

any ideas if remixes of popular songs count as copyrighted (even if the person who made the mix gave you permission)

wixard
25-07-2011, 03:54 PM
well you only get partnered if you apply for it, but if you have like 3000 subs i don't see why you wouldn't cos it's easy money
i dunno, all i know is that people i'm subscribed to on youtube that have like 100k followers use remixes from youtube, like dubstep remixes etc

Robbie
25-07-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/copyright_school

peteyt
26-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Lots of people do remixes of stuff and get away with it but lots don't.

I always recommend if you want to do well on youtube to get permission from the copyright holder.

Just imagine working hard and getting a video popular to find out it was deleted.

AgnesIO
27-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I believe (in simple terms, not sure how musical you are), you can simply make the song sound higher or lower - then you avoid it. I may be wrong though - I remember someone (can't even remember who it was now) who is a partner saying something along those lines :)

Richie
27-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Cheers for the reply, another thing, is it possible to get youtube partnership even if your account for adsense has been deactivated in the past?

Robbie
27-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Cheers for the reply, another thing, is it possible to get youtube partnership even if your account for adsense has been deactivated in the past?

You need an active AdSense account but it doesn't have to be on the same email address or Google Account.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!