PDA

View Full Version : 16-year old murders ex-girlfriend for a free breakfast

cocaine
27-07-2011, 06:18 PM
A babyfaced schoolboy is facing a life sentence after being found guilty of murdering his ex-girlfriend - over a bet for a free breakfast.

Joshua Davies, 16, was promised a full cooked breakfast if he carried out his threat to murder Rebecca Aylward.Davies and Rebecca, 15, had split up but she went to meet him hoping they would get back together.

Rebecca even bought new clothes for the 'date' unaware Davies had been boasting to his friends how easy it would be to kill her.
The obsessed schoolboy had plotted to give her deadly foxgloves, drown her in a river or throw her off a cliff. But instead Davies lured happy and fun-loving Rebecca into woods where he battered her to death with a rock.

A five-week murder trial heard that two days before the murder Davies texted his friend to say: 'Don't say anything but you may just owe me a breakfast.'

Judge Mr Justice Lloyd Jones today lifted an order preventing the boy from being named and photographed.
He said it was 'in the public interest' that he should be identified.
He said: 'This is a crime in a small and closely-knit community and it's right that the public should know there has been a conviction and who has been convicted.
'I accept that the weight given to the welfare of the boy changes now he has been convicted of a very serious offence.'

There was clapping, cheering and then tears from Rebecca's family in the public gallery at Swansea Crown Court as the jury found him guilty on a majority verdict of 10-2 after 20 hours deliberations.

Rebecca's mother Sonia Aylward, 39, gave a quiet smile as the verdict was announced.
Davies, wearing a pale open-necked shirt and dark trousers, showed no emotion as the jury returned their verdict but was in tears when the judge addressed him.
But his family, sitting away from the Aylwards in the lower public gallery, gasped at the verdict.

Until now there was a ban on Davies being publicly named - but the court yesterday lifted an order.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019409/Joshua-Davies-16-guilty-murdering-ex-girlfriend-Rebecca-Aylward-free-breakfast-bet.html

... speechless

Liam
27-07-2011, 06:22 PM
That's terrible..

Chris
27-07-2011, 06:22 PM
How sick is that. Lock him up and throw away the key!

=Lizzy
27-07-2011, 06:24 PM
that's horrible, her poor family.
as above said, lock him up throw away the key.

Red
27-07-2011, 06:26 PM
omg I actually gasped. That is terrible :( I don't think it would be right if he had his identity kept hidden. What a complete sicko. His friend who he texted and egged him on should be locked up too eugh.

Shar
27-07-2011, 06:34 PM
That's just messed up. He must of had issues or something though to actually go through with something like this over a petty bet? How sick.

Lamz
27-07-2011, 06:35 PM
disgusting.

Icemaniceice
27-07-2011, 06:44 PM
That is one messed up dude! Either he is just messed up, or he didn't think her life was worth much. Either way It's pretty messed up.

Slowpoke
27-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Arriving at court with a big smile on his face, obviously not all there to be honest.

HotelUser
27-07-2011, 07:01 PM
This world needs the death penalty.

wiktoria
27-07-2011, 07:17 PM
That's absolutely disgusting. He must have mental issues? What a sick boy.

dbgtz
27-07-2011, 07:18 PM
If I ever saw him, someone would owe me a free breakfast. I mean, seriously why would he do that, only to prove a point? I mean no ones going to judge you except ***** for hiding your "manlihood" because you won't kill someone for a ******* fried breakfast. No wonder people hate the youth of this generation, and it's people like him that will mean I constantly get judged until I'm in my 20s and people like him that stop people even getting into their 20s.

Kyran
27-07-2011, 07:59 PM
It's sick that his friends tempted him to kill her, with something silly as a breakfast. It's terrible, I'm glad her family got justice.

Accipiter
27-07-2011, 09:07 PM
What a sick freak.

That's actually disgusting, how long did he get?

Hollie.
27-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Thats discusting, people like that should be shot in the head!

dbgtz
27-07-2011, 09:33 PM
What a sick freak.

That's actually disgusting, how long did he get?

hi liam, and most likely life. I went to go and find out and look at this picture of him walking into court
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/27/article-2019409-0D302DC300000578-235_306x737.jpg
Looks arrogant and not at all remorseful. He better have got life.

Ajthedragon
27-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Wow, just wow. It's sick, just totally sick.

I've heard some crazy stories but randomly murdering an ex over a breakfast is by the far one of the most shocking.

Kasabian
27-07-2011, 10:06 PM
******* disgusting. I don't agree with violence, but I'd quite happily stamp on that guys head.

Jordy
27-07-2011, 10:24 PM
No chance of a decent sentence seeing as he's 16. I'd bet you a cooked breakfast he'd be out within a decade although I'll await the sentence.

Strikes me that they both look so normal and innocent, so difficult to imagine him doing such a thing and why, not the usual chavvy scum.

Stephen
28-07-2011, 12:35 AM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

buttons
28-07-2011, 12:39 AM
wasn't FOR a free meal he was threatening to kill her anyway
his mates are ****** up too. i see people saying "i'd kill you/her" for a 'joke' then friends acting hard egging them on too. ha ***** ha. sick *REMOVED*. RIP. so many young murderers lateyl?!

Jack!
28-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Wonder if he got his breakfast?...

Richie
28-07-2011, 06:27 AM
I hate how everyone continues to blame facebook, lets be honest, who doesn't have facebook? People would want to stop blaming social network sites and focus on the real problem, insane people in this world.

Eric
28-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Pity the girl.

This dude is messed up , he's crazy

Amberr
28-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I actually am speechless, just sick.

Muct
29-07-2011, 09:04 PM

shut up.

Wow, this is actually terrible... he must have mental issues surely to do that lol? Whether it was for a breakfast or not he's still a sick ****, and to brag to his 'friends' of how he's going to kill her, lol what an idiot.

Absently
29-07-2011, 09:17 PM
this has made me feel physically sick. what a disgusting pig.

dbgtz
29-07-2011, 09:26 PM
wasn't FOR a free meal he was threatening to kill her anyway
his mates are ****** up too. i see people saying "i'd kill you/her" for a 'joke' then friends acting hard egging them on too. ha ***** ha. sick *REMOVED*. RIP. so many young murderers lateyl?!

It was the meal that pushed him over the line most likely. And young murders happen all the time probably, but it is just not widely talked about the majority of the time.

I hate how everyone continues to blame facebook, lets be honest, who doesn't have facebook? People would want to stop blaming social network sites and focus on the real problem, insane people in this world.

As long as the world keeps turning and advancing, the newest things will always be blamed as stuff like this "wouldn't of happened before".

shut up.

Wow, this is actually terrible... he must have mental issues surely to do that lol? Whether it was for a breakfast or not he's still a sick ****, and to brag to his 'friends' of how he's going to kill her, lol what an idiot.

It's not just the bragging, it's also leading her on false hope, bashing her head in which will obviously hurt like hell and most likely for a while, then I think he just left the body there. To a certain degree, it doesn't add up. The girl clearly wanted to get back with him so why did he hate her so much and why make it so obvious? It's kind of odd, unless he really is that stupid aswell as sick.

I wonder how his friends reacted to this aswell. I mean they didn't exactly divert the topic by the seems of things and one offered the free breakfast, but whether they were joking or not I would quite like to know and if they were mortified when they found out would be interesting too.

GommeInc
29-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Really shocking, especially seeing a picture of the boy who did this. He looks quite "normal" and not what you expect. Makes you wonder what on earth children are being educated by and being born into nowadays. It's awful what he did, and I hope he is locked away for a very long time. Truely pathetic what he did and why, no-one deserves death.

Slowpoke
29-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Really shocking, especially seeing a picture of the boy who did this. He looks quite "normal" and not what you expect. Makes you wonder what on earth children are being educated by and being born into nowadays. It's awful what he did, and I hope he is locked away for a very long time. Truely pathetic what he did and why, no-one deserves death.

Sounds like he has a screw loose to be honest

-:Undertaker:-
29-07-2011, 10:59 PM
What a shame we can't send evil human beings like this young man to the hangmans noose.

GirlNextDoor15
30-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Murdering someone for a free breakfast could be the worst thing I've ever heard. But, nothing is impossible in this world. People can turn out to be like animals, sometimes.
#Pray for a better tomorrow.

Liot
30-07-2011, 07:26 AM
That's really wrong... Don't know how you can even talk about killing someone, forget actually carrying plans out. Life sentence deserved.

Richie
30-07-2011, 07:28 AM
What a shame we can't send evil human beings like this young man to the hangmans noose.

Because killing people to teach people killing is wrong makes a hell of a lot of sense. Especially in a developed country like the united kingdom, capital punishment is wrong by all means.

GirlNextDoor15
30-07-2011, 08:05 AM
hi liam, and most likely life. I went to go and find out and look at this picture of him walking into court
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/27/article-2019409-0D302DC300000578-235_306x737.jpg
Looks arrogant and not at all remorseful. He better have got life.

With his free ******* breakfast there.
I'm so sick of people like him. He's the kind of people that will ruin the world and provoke people's thoughts.

Slowpoke
30-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Hard to believe that guy beat a girl to death with a rock. I mean he so doesn't look like a murderer... "don't judge a book by its cover" and all that, but still...

30-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Because killing people to teach people killing is wrong makes a hell of a lot of sense. Especially in a developed country like the united kingdom, capital punishment is wrong by all means.

Having the death penalty as part of a justice system is not 'teaching people that killing is right'. The death penalty is the due punishment, usually against those who have taken the lives of others. The fact is that death is the ultimate punishment, thats why in prisons for example the prisoners (in serious disputes) will seriously injure or kill other inmates of whom they have brawls with - because as I said, death is the ultimate punishment and even the criminals know it to be so.

As for being developed, what does that have to do with the price of fish I mean honestly. Lets see this logic then, the due punishment (death of the guilty) in a develop country is wrong .. but on the other hand the killing of thousands of unborn children is perfectly fine. Besides, everybody really believes in death as a punishment - thats the reason we have armed forces; somebody who has done wrong to our country, our armed forces seek to defeat those who we feel have done wrong.

Richie
30-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Having the death penalty as part of a justice system is not 'teaching people that killing is right'. As for being developed, what does that have to do with the price of fish I mean honestly. Lets see this logic then, the due punishment (death of the guilty) in a develop country is wrong .. but on the other hand the killing of thousands of unborn children is perfectly fine.

Besides, everybody really believes in death as a punishment - thats the reason we have armed forces.

But it isn't perfectly fine, people just choose to kill children because they get pregnant and scared, if you ask me they should of kept their kiwi in a fruit bowl and scary things like this wouldn't happen. Abortion is wrong, any form of death performed by one individual on another is wrong (Even if that means they're a mass murdered) but hey, that's just my opinion.

30-07-2011, 08:59 PM
But it isn't perfectly fine, people just choose to kill children because they can't keep their kiwi in a fruit bowl, then get pregnant and scared. Abortion is wrong, any form of death performed by one individual on another is wrong (Even if that means they're a mass murdered) but hey, that's just my opinion.

Even by a soldier fighting another enemy soldier?

If so, then I can't argue because you have at least a principled argument.

Richie
30-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Even by a soldier fighting another enemy soldier?

If so, then I can't argue because you have at least a principled argument.

No i don't believe in war. Which is why women should rule the world, us men fight, with women we would just have a bunch of countrys ******** about one another.

30-07-2011, 09:12 PM
No i don't believe in war. Which is why women should rule the world, us men fight, with women we would just have a bunch of countrys ******** about one another.

Not really, afterall it was Condi Rice and Mrs. Clinton who pushed and pushed for the pointless and wrong U.S. intervention in Libya.

Zak
30-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Davies bludgeoned Rebecca to death with a rock the size of a rugby ball. He later boasted to a friend and showed him the scene

In one chilling exchange seen by the jury, Davies texts his friend asking: ‘What would you do if I actually did kill her?’
The friend replies: ‘Oh, I would buy you breakfast.’
Two days before the brutal murder Davies says: ‘Don’t say anything but you may just owe me a breakfast.’
His friend replies: ‘Best text I have ever had mate. Seriously, if it is true I am happy to pay for a breakfast. I want all the details. You sadistic *******.’

rot in hell you piece of ****

GommeInc
31-07-2011, 03:30 AM
It's interesting how it's being reported he did it for a free breakfast. He didn't, it was just a turn of phrase or a mild incentive done jokingly between two friends. It's like the media reporting on a man killing his wife with the title "Man wanted longer time in the bathroom - by killing dawdling wife" or "Man wanted more space in bed - bludgeoned wife to death with breakfast tray". He did it because he was broken hearted - no doubt because she was the only person to give him a bit of bedroom time when other girls wouldn't, if you know what I mean ;)

IAmAsianBoy
31-07-2011, 04:07 AM
This is pretty interesting, as looking at the picture of the guy, he looks like he wouldn't harm such a thing.. but doing it for free breakfast? I mean come on, that's just stupid. He at least should of thought about it before even trying to, the difference between free breakfast, and him getting caught and arrested, getting charged, and possible life in prison.

Least he's in juvy.

Accipiter
31-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Here's me thinking America was a developed country with a death penalty, silly me, we'd just rather pay to home the foul people of this earth!

Wouldn't want this horrible child to get hung though, give him a rubber dingy an emty cup and a sprout and drop him in the middle of the ocean, fair game, he could always wash up alive, giving him that little bit of hope the freak gave to that girl before killing her.

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Thats so vile!

danzooo
05-08-2011, 12:57 AM
******* scummy wee *****

Kaseythegreat
05-08-2011, 05:07 AM
He would really consider killing a Innocent girl for a free flipping breakfast? Thats disgusting. Im kinda speechless. :L

Matthew
05-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't think he actually killed her for the breakfast, it was just a joke really. When the friend said he'd give him a free breakfast, he didn't suddenly think 'oh, I'm definately gonna kill her now, there's a free breakfast in it'. It looked like he was already set on killing her.

He doesn't look like a murderer though :O

buttons
05-08-2011, 04:15 PM
It's interesting how it's being reported he did it for a free breakfast. He didn't, it was just a turn of phrase or a mild incentive done jokingly between two friends. It's like the media reporting on a man killing his wife with the title "Man wanted longer time in the bathroom - by killing dawdling wife" or "Man wanted more space in bed - bludgeoned wife to death with breakfast tray". He did it because he was broken hearted - no doubt because she was the only person to give him a bit of bedroom time when other girls wouldn't, if you know what I mean ;)
yeah, over-exaggerating in order to make an 'interesting' story with complete disregard for her family, not only have they lost their daughter but now everyone will think it was over a free breakfast. you do get sick people who will joke about that.

i also find it interesting how you all say he doesn't look like a killer lol look at his eyes! and trust no-one;)

Zak
05-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah I agree just makes the story more interesting about the free breakfast. I hope he gets his comeuppance in jail or w.e..

GoldenMerc
05-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Maybe in a prison cell.
This is vile

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!