PDA

View Full Version : Runescape Near-life Experiences

Icemaniceice
28-07-2011, 04:33 AM
Okay so today I went out in the wilderness to make money off of killing green dragons. I was about to head back out of the wilderness when this noob out of nowhere decides to use ice barrier on me and kept attacking me. By the time I got to level 19 wilderness to teleport out, in fact the exact MOMENT I reached level 19 and clicked on varrock teleport he killed me with one final blow! I was only wearing full rune and a whip so it wasn't bad, only lost 40K.

Anyway to make this a topic I want you guys to tell me your near-life experiences in Runescape. If you don't have one then you may share a near-death experience. :)

MJJ
28-07-2011, 08:58 AM
I rarely enter the wilderness 'cos I'm a coward but I was rcing yesterday and some guys managed to use ice barrage on me, followed by the dragon claws special. I have no idea how I survived, but I managed to reach the mage and teleport with 5 Hp remaining (I forgot you can use the glory to one-click teleport). To be fair it was probably my fault since I was wearing the completionist cape, but I refuse to take it off.

Inseriousity.
28-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Near death experience: I was doing a quest and you have to kill this black demon. I was very close to death with no food. It was so bad that I was being a noob and just going to a safespot, running out, hitting it, running back before it could hit me. So I run out... and lag. I end up logging out, quickly logging back in left with something like 15hp. So close to death and I didn't even know about it.

Near life experience. same story as you really but with revenants cos this was before they changed it back to pvp area.

lPinoy
28-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I was finishing off my slayer assignment and I happened to come across the Kalphite Queen. I was stupid enough to think that I could kill it that but when it hit a 300 (I only had 600lp at the time), I panicked and clicked on a Varrock Teletab but it had already hit out and it hit another 300 when I teleported to Varrock. Luckily, I died in Varrock somehow and I was easily able to pick up my stuff instead of having to run back to the Kalphite Queen and getting killed again.

Matthew
28-07-2011, 10:52 AM
i was like level 50 or something, andI was killing chaos druids in the dungeon below edgeville for their herbs. When you're in that dungeon, you're actually in the wildy (only like level 4 though) and a revenant came to attack me. It had a lower cb level than me (lets say if i was 50, it was 45) so I thought i could kill it (i didnt realise that revenants are much stronger than their cb level suggests) and I only realised to run when someone actually screamed at me to run away haha

I managed to escape with only a tiny amount of hp left!

Aidenn
28-07-2011, 11:39 AM
i was like level 50 or something, andI was killing chaos druids in the dungeon below edgeville for their herbs. When you're in that dungeon, you're actually in the wildy (only like level 4 though) and a revenant came to attack me. It had a lower cb level than me (lets say if i was 50, it was 45) so I thought i could kill it (i didnt realise that revenants are much stronger than their cb level suggests) and I only realised to run when someone actually screamed at me to run away haha

I managed to escape with only a tiny amount of hp left!

they used to call me the rev killer before pvp came back. id be in the wildy in full armour ;p especially if i was star hunting, i **** myself when i was fighting a rev dragon tho.
i still killed it cuz i was pro.

I cant remember any deaths however;

I went to corp before and i lagged abit my risked was just over 17m, bgs, karils, fury, zs etc.
Anyway i lagged, hit the emergency tele tab i had 900hp before i tele'd, when i arrived at my tele spot, i had 1hp left. my face was like ;o

Rashelly
28-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I have a few!
Long before gravestones were added, I was killing blue dragons in the ogre enclave place. Not sure how, but an ogre shaman started attacking me and before I knew what was happening, I was dead!
I'm not sure what combat I was, but shamans have a high magic attack... WORST thing is, I had just gotten the firecape a few weeks before (and it was harder to do back then).

Oh and then recently I was killing dark beasts in Kuradel's dungeon. I can use the agility shortcut from the hellhound room to the metal drags room but didn't have any fire breaths or a shield. I thought... 99 HP, i'll pray mage... they'll probably only hit once if at all. So I do a few trips, all fine... After my slayer task had finished, i used the shortcut again to go back to the entrance to get a new task from duradel. Lagged at the shortcut, the dragon was able to hit me 3 times and BAM, dead. Lost my gem bag (which had quite a few gems in... I'm obsessed with gems...) and had to repair my torags. Needless to say, I use a shield now!

Icemaniceice
28-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Luckily, I died in Varrock somehow and I was easily able to pick up my stuff instead of having to run back to the Kalphite Queen and getting killed again.

Wow, I have never heard of that happening before, you got lucky! :)

Lagged at the shortcut, the dragon was able to hit me 3 times and BAM, dead. Lost my gem bag (which had quite a few gems in... I'm obsessed with gems...) and had to repair my torags. Needless to say, I use a shield now!

Ya without a shield dragons can hit pretty hard haha.

Guildwars446
30-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Here's one for you,

I was 133 combat at the time, i am now 134.

So basically I am a good pker and hybrid, I was out in full bandos, ahrims, arcane, ags, fights going as normal we are both low on food and ofcourse just as i'm about to do the final spec that would 100% win me the kill i get tele blocked and another mage comes down on me hard, gg all that stuff ^^ But ofcourse i recovered after that haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!