PDA

View Full Version : God or Fact?

GraySonic
29-07-2011, 02:48 PM
So Today I want to know, God or Fact?

Do you believe fact that there is no God. Or your religion that tells that their is a God.

Let us all know below.

No useless posts Please.

Enjoy! :dance:

Moved from 'Discuss Anything' by Recursion (Forum Moderator): Better suited

Muct
29-07-2011, 02:57 PM
lol asif theres a god!!!!!!!!!!
if theres a god who made god and who made the person who made god and that could go on forever
the universe is just the same but it's more realistic than believing some big half woman-half with magic powers made sheep and humans etc
i believe evolution lol

Marbian
29-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I respect religion in all aspects because it's respecting in a whole. Being a Christian can change your life around, make you a better person, make you think as a better person. I follow a lot of the bible and think a lot of is just morally common sense. It's just when the god comes into it... A load of bull's if you ask me!

I think believing in a god to stick with rules, is just giving your self limits. For example, some religious groups aren't allowed to question their god, and if they do... It's a sin. So there mind is clued down to thinking that it's all true, simply because they can't think it's not true. Sort of a brain wash...

The bible has been edited so many times, and what... All coming from scripture's from many many years ago... And you're going to devote your life to that one religious group because of that?

I also see it... If such god wanted us to follow him, then we wouldn't need to question him full stop. And personally, if I'm his son and he's going to send me to a place like hell simply because he didn't bring me up good... Then that's some loving god/father then isn't it? I know too well that I wouldn't send my child to hell, and I'm cold-hearted.

Shar
29-07-2011, 03:25 PM
What do you mean by god or fact?

Misawa
29-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Religion is a farce. Gods don't exist.

buttons
29-07-2011, 03:30 PM
in your opinion.

God? maybe. Higher Power? definitely ;)

dbgtz
29-07-2011, 03:40 PM
To be honest, my opinion is that a god is something that a person seeks hapiness in as they can mentally rely on someone and is basically just there for hope. However in my opinion no such "God" exists in the way of creation of earth etc. God is something of the mind.

Inseriousity.
29-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Fact? As science hasn't proved that God is not real then it is not a fact and as science normally falls into the same traps as religion in terms of "we have the ultimate truth on reality, we are supreme" then I believe in neither. In my opinion, God is real as long as the concept of him is still existant. If someone or a group of people believe in God then he is real to them and influences their reality and therefore their lives and how they interact with people, whether good or bad is up for debate but I'm on the "religion is mostly good"

GraySonic
29-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Come on guys, post more, I wanna see this argument, be a healthy argument :]

Describe
29-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Alan Sugar does exist.

dbgtz
29-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm a Christian, but I believe it was a mix of the big bang and God who started the world. I believe God made the big bang! :)
In my opinion, God exists. I don't have any evidence or proof, but I don't feel that you need evidence, I just feel like he is there in my daily life. Whatever it is out there, I think it is a God guiding me through each day. It might not be a God, but me, like other Christians, and religious people, believe there is someone out there.

I understand why people wouldn't believe in a God, and I respect that. It's their life, and their choices. However, when I read the bible, I think it should be counted as true, even though it does seem far-fetched.

No offense but I might aswell harry potter can be considered as truth. The only difference there is that JK is alive and can say it is ficticious whereas no one can say whether these events actually happened or not.

Accipiter
29-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm weighed down more that there is no god

I find the theory of the big bang a bit narrow, and i'm sure it'll not be the same theory in the future.

I hate that the human race thinks that something came from nothing, what if nothing was always there? and the expansion we see is just our limit of light distance at the moment, the light expanding through the universe, rather than an explosion expanding through it, because with out light, you see "Nothing" but something is in that light always.

-:Undertaker:-
29-07-2011, 09:15 PM
A bit of a skewed question.

God, anyway.

Absently
29-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I've been brought up as a Catholic, but don't really believe in God as such. I more so believe that there is something out there, but I honestly don't know what it is. It's not something that bothers me either.

Richie
30-07-2011, 07:58 AM
It's called a belief for a reason, you either believe in something or you don't. Fact? there is no fact that god exists, it's all based around belief so it's basically a yes or no answer, do you believe in god or do you not?

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Im like a horrible merge of the two haha i belive there is some sort of "God" as i cant see the whole universe just happening by chance. The Big Bang theory doesn't make sence for me in the fact that chemicals randomly collided? If there was no universe where the hell did the chemicals come from haha. It's a hard one that can never be proven right or wrong until you die. People must also remember that about 95% of science is theoretical and infact not facts, so by calling the other option fact it's very narrow minded.

Secondly i've always loved the idea that this is all just a giant game of sims, and when you die you get to create your own family and hence why the population is increasing as with every death a family is created ;) thought i'd have a bit of fun with the idea. (Sleep is when the user goes ofline hehe).

RealClifford
30-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Okay don't be hatin on me.. but I believe there is a God.. But its something I have experienced in my life.
I go to church most Sundays, but no I'm not a old school catholic or nothing. I am involved in a church movement called Australian Christian Churches (Assemblies of God).. It's pentecostal, and VERY modern.

I operate big lighting rigs, and such. I am a techie. aha.
But I have experienced a lot when it comes to God. Its hard to explain when people who have never experienced or even given it a try don't even give the slightest opening.
I believe God is someone who works when we are willing, but only when we are willing..
Its hard to talk to someone when they aren't listening aye?

God has helped me through so much, but I won't get into it all. But my beliefs are strong with me, so if ya'll go hatin.. don't be personal about it yeah, or even just avoid it around me unless your willing to be open bout gear. :)

In short, Yeah bro, there's a God. And He loves ya like crazy. n__n

Clifford.

---------- Post added 30-07-2011 at 07:47 PM ----------

Im like a horrible merge of the two haha i belive there is some sort of "God" as i cant see the whole universe just happening by chance. The Big Bang theory doesn't make sence for me in the fact that chemicals randomly collided? If there was no universe where the hell did the chemicals come from haha. It's a hard one that can never be proven right or wrong until you die. People must also remember that about 95% of science is theoretical and infact not facts, so by calling the other option fact it's very narrow minded.

Secondly i've always loved the idea that this is all just a giant game of sims, and when you die you get to create your own family and hence why the population is increasing as with every death a family is created ;) thought i'd have a bit of fun with the idea. (Sleep is when the user goes ofline hehe).

GREAT POINT BRO! Wish more people would realize that ALOT of Science is theory.. I also did Physics year 11 and 12 at school, so I have been through all that type of thing.
Evolution has MANY flaws, Big Bang has even more flaws, and yes Christianity has flaws, but don't we all?
Christianity and belief in God is a faith based relationship. But hey, aren't all relationships?

=Lizzy
30-07-2011, 10:23 AM
It's called a belief for a reason, you either believe in something or you don't. Fact? there is no fact that god exists, it's all based around belief so it's basically a yes or no answer, do you believe in god or do you not?

This.
I did believe in god, but then something extremely sad happened to a family member for no reason and I just lost faith. It's sad to have lost faith but something like what happened to me can really make you question the existence of god.

Wig44.
30-07-2011, 11:10 AM

Well none of that is fact.

Zak
30-07-2011, 11:12 AM

I actually thought of it this way before too :P

Accipiter
30-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Okay don't be hatin on me.. but I believe there is a God.. But its something I have experienced in my life.
I go to church most Sundays, but no I'm not a old school catholic or nothing. I am involved in a church movement called Australian Christian Churches (Assemblies of God).. It's pentecostal, and VERY modern.

I operate big lighting rigs, and such. I am a techie. aha.
But I have experienced a lot when it comes to God. Its hard to explain when people who have never experienced or even given it a try don't even give the slightest opening.
I believe God is someone who works when we are willing, but only when we are willing..
Its hard to talk to someone when they aren't listening aye?

God has helped me through so much, but I won't get into it all. But my beliefs are strong with me, so if ya'll go hatin.. don't be personal about it yeah, or even just avoid it around me unless your willing to be open bout gear. :)

In short, Yeah bro, there's a God. And He loves ya like crazy. n__n

Clifford.

---------- Post added 30-07-2011 at 07:47 PM ----------

GREAT POINT BRO! Wish more people would realize that ALOT of Science is theory.. I also did Physics year 11 and 12 at school, so I have been through all that type of thing.
Evolution has MANY flaws, Big Bang has even more flaws, and yes Christianity has flaws, but don't we all?
Christianity and belief in God is a faith based relationship. But hey, aren't all relationships?

I wouldn't really say evolution theory is weak :P but i'll agree that the big bang theory is!

Too me science is based around more fact than what faith is, because research has proved findings in science, no research has ever proved the bible right!

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Well none of that is fact.

What do you mean none of that is fact? The idea behind the big bang IS that chemicals randomly collided?
And 95% (Ok mabey more 80-90%) IS Theroretical (I Took A Level science :P) I could give you many examples if you so wish.

I honestly don't understand what your saying isn't a fact you have totally confused me haha XD

And thanks for the replies agreeing with my statement i'm glad people agree :)

Wig44.
30-07-2011, 01:02 PM
What do you mean none of that is fact? The idea behind the big bang IS that chemicals randomly collided?
And 95% (Ok mabey more 80-90%) IS Theroretical (I Took A Level science :P) I could give you many examples if you so wish.

I honestly don't understand what your saying isn't a fact you have totally confused me haha XD

And thanks for the replies agreeing with my statement i'm glad people agree :)

Just because you can give me examples doesn't mean you know the % of science as theory. When you say A-level science I can only assume you mean you took all 3 of biology, chemistry and physics. From my own experience to have a decent view of science you need to read outside of the narrow A-level syllabus. No doubt the percentage of science as theory is high, but the sheer magnitude of scientific discovery means that even if only 1% of science wasn't theory, we'd still have enough knowledge to write the equivalent of thousands of bibles.

Secondly, to say the big bang is just a load of chemical collisions is plain wrong. A major oversimplification which has been lead astray from the truth.

I like your idea about the sims though, when I first played that game when I was younger I thought the same thing.

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 01:10 PM
The point i was trying to get across is that you cant call science fact Science is almost purley theoretical (Particles elements and so on, even simple things like colour is theoretical, we seen a spectrum of colours and believe that is the colour spectrum, most dogs (theoretically) see in black and white and they think thats the colour spectrum this isn't even taking into account that diffrent peoples eyes recognise colour diffrently. For example if you and a mate are arguing about whether a jacket is Blue or Green, our eyes recognise colour diffrently and hence why colour is theoretical from each diffrent persons point of view.

I realise i may of babbled there but i hope you get my point.

Secondly i couldn't be bothered to explain the whole theory of the big bang if you strip it down to a raw basis then random chemicals comming together is effectivley what you get.

I'm loving that everyone thought the same way as me with the sims though hehe :)

RealClifford
30-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Okay.. Evelotuino is VERY flawed actually.. there are alot of missing links, they only have what they think there is, which is small links, but you'll find that there are parts missing in their so called evolutionary chain and not even evoltionists can explain why.

Sorry, but we all have our opinions.. Thats life.

ifuseekamy
30-07-2011, 03:52 PM
The thing is science doesn't claim to be the infallible word of an all knowing, all powerful, all present deity, unlike religion.

beth
30-07-2011, 04:06 PM
i would love to believe in a god, i find faith and religion inspiring (not dangerous as most people seem to find it), however my common sense forces me to turn to fact. but then what is fact? nothing is really fact. fact is just someones opinion. like, you could tell me my font is black and i'd agree, but how do we know it's black? because someone told me it's black and someone told you it's black. and what is religon? a story passed from person to person.

i maybe believe that there isn't a god but jesus (+ mohammed and the rest of them) did exist but were just extraordinary people. almost like todays celebrities and that over the years they've been hyped up a bit. but i just can't see how a 'god' would exist. i would love to be proved wrong though.

Marbian
30-07-2011, 04:33 PM
The point i was trying to get across is that you cant call science fact Science is almost purley theoretical (Particles elements and so on, even simple things like colour is theoretical, we seen a spectrum of colours and believe that is the colour spectrum, most dogs (theoretically) see in black and white and they think thats the colour spectrum this isn't even taking into account that diffrent peoples eyes recognise colour diffrently. For example if you and a mate are arguing about whether a jacket is Blue or Green, our eyes recognise colour diffrently and hence why colour is theoretical from each diffrent persons point of view.

I realise i may of babbled there but i hope you get my point.

Secondly i couldn't be bothered to explain the whole theory of the big bang if you strip it down to a raw basis then random chemicals comming together is effectivley what you get.

I'm loving that everyone thought the same way as me with the sims though hehe :)

What a load of ******** you just written. We humans see the same colour, unless you're colour blind. They know this more because of Optical illusion. Certian colours need to be just right for illuisons, etc.

I'll believe in science than stories anyday. Saddens me that you will believe in stuff written by MAN thousands of years ago, than science. A lot of stuff is made by science, a lot of stuff is prooven with science. When the bible was made, they didn't know what space was... Oh what they thought the world was flat too?

The bible states the world was made 3000 years ago. Where there is stuff that you don't even need a little science to know that it's been there for million's. Ejyptian's even happened before Christian. And for anyone to choose 1 god out of all the others there are, is even more of a wtf to me.

If I was to ever consider a god, I wouldn't follow a faith. I'd follow my own, to live, to breath, and suvive and make babies for generations. Defintely with all these different types of gods... It's like risking all you got on the lottery.

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 05:25 PM
What a load of ******** you just written. We humans see the same colour, unless you're colour blind. They know this more because of Optical illusion. Certian colours need to be just right for illuisons, etc.

I'll believe in science than stories anyday. Saddens me that you will believe in stuff written by MAN thousands of years ago, than science. A lot of stuff is made by science, a lot of stuff is prooven with science. When the bible was made, they didn't know what space was... Oh what they thought the world was flat too?

The bible states the world was made 3000 years ago. Where there is stuff that you don't even need a little science to know that it's been there for million's. Ejyptian's even happened before Christian. And for anyone to choose 1 god out of all the others there are, is even more of a wtf to me.

If I was to ever consider a god, I wouldn't follow a faith. I'd follow my own, to live, to breath, and suvive and make babies for generations. Defintely with all these different types of gods... It's like risking all you got on the lottery.

And here is the first example of what i expect to be many narrow minded opinions :P

Manhattan
30-07-2011, 05:25 PM

It's not as simple as that. Perception of what is true or untrue is built by a process called conditioning. If someone was to disbelieve that god exists, it doesn't make it true.

I hate that the human race thinks that something came from nothing, what if nothing was always there? and the expansion we see is just our limit of light distance at the moment, the light expanding through the universe, rather than an explosion expanding through it, because with out light, you see "Nothing" but something is in that light always.

You almost have the right idea. The fact of the matter is now we are beginning to really understand the theory of dimensions, there are things that our eyes cannot actually see since they are not in our wavelength. Does this make them non-existent? Of course not. Your explaination is flawed by the fact you do not appreciate that what we consider to be 'light' could in fact be only half of the equation, let me put it to you in some more simple terms: since we can only see at a certain wavelength, and our computers only generate a certain amount of mathematic and logical power, there are so many things we do not in fact see. So light to us is what we consider to give us the ability to view objects and each other, however should we find our that there are other atoms, like photons (light particles) in other dimensions, this will prove that what we consider to be light may be as ineffective and insignificant as we ourselves are to the universe. Einstein once asked one of his quantum physicians, "If we never looked at the moon, would it really exist?", he didn't have an answer for him, just because we 'see' nothing doesn't mean it's not actually there.

To highlight my arguement, I'd like to point you towards the famous two slit experiment.
One photon of light is shot through a piece of led which has two very small slits thousands of times, a backboard is behind the piece of lead in order to gather the results. On the first experiment, the backboard registered that the photons created three lines. Scientists were dumbfounded, how on earth could three lines be created by the two slits? The only next logical move would be to actually view the photon of light as it passes through the two slits, so we can see exactly what happens to it.

They set the camera up, and let the experiment run through out the night. When they checked the results, they were even more dumbstruck when the backboard registered two lines rather than three. What could possibly have changed? The camera was recording the light.

To this day, it still cannot be explained.

Physics, mathematics and science is based on a very true concept which is:

Where is there is life, there is pattern, where there is pattern there is mathematics.

Religion does not have certain rules (In terms of proving it's reality). It cannot be compared to our most effective system of figuring out the truth of the world we inhabit it, mathematics.

------------------------------------------

That's enough of my ranting. I'd like to explain to you a little story which I was told and now believe to be the truth. Werner Heisenberg was a german physicist, he specialized in quantum physics. In 1922 a newspaper article was published of him running down the street naked, throwing his own faeces at police officers and generally going completely crazy. This was due to a discovery he made in his lab. Atoms ALWAYS follow their natural course. There is nothing you can actually do to break them free from their natural course.

He, at the time didn't realize the importance of what he found out, but reality was about the dissipate right before his eyes. The very same atoms he was inspecting through the microscope, were the very same atoms his microscope was made of, which are the very same atoms the room he was standing in was made of, and ultimately, the very same atoms that we are ALL made from. What does this mean? Well let's examine what he reportedly had said to a police officer that tried to arrest him.

The tree, he ranted to the police who tried to coax him down, would always grow according to the quality of the soil and the rainfall and the air and the genetic code in the seed from which it grew.

"If you change one factor, you change the tree!" slurred Heisenberg, "It is as sure as flipping a switch! As it is for the tree, it is for the man in the tree!"

"Don't you get it? What this tree will look like ten years from now is decided completely by forces set into motion billions of years ago. And we're made of the same stuff!"

"Well," chuckled one of the officers, "I could have that tree cut down right now! That would show the universe who's boss! We'll see what the cosmic elements have to say about that!"

"You fool! Don't you realize that the lumberjack is himself formed by the same elements as the tree? The tree grows and sprouts green, the lumberjack lumberjacks, but both do it by the same cause-and-effect domino fall. If he cuts down the tree then he was always destined to cut it down! If he changes his mind then he was always destined to change his mind!"

The officer laughed and shook his head. He had heard all that before, way back in school, fate and free will and all that. Fortunately for him, he didn't fully realize what Heisenberg was saying.

"Don't you worry, sir," said the officer as he helped Heisenberg into the police van. "The future is what you make it! Just choose to do the right thing!"

Heisenberg let out a long laugh. "Fool! When you were a baby, you had a brain built on the genes handed down by your parents! And they got theirs from their parents, all the way back to the first life formed by an accidental cell mutation! And everything you've seen or heard in your life since was fired into your brain as electrical nerve impulses from your eyes and ears. We can measure those impulses! They are physical things! And each of those impulses, what you called 'sights' and 'sounds' threw certain chemical switches in your brain, all of which can also be observed and measured! And those switches, as they turn as predictably as gears in a clock, are what we call 'thoughts' and 'emotions!' And what you know as your 'self' is just the accumulation of chemical changes made to a genetic blueprint! We could change it in a lab! We could make you fall in love! We could make your soul from scratch! EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER HEARD ABOUT FREE WILL VERSUS FATE CAN NOW BE MEASURED IN A LABORATORY! THE DEBATE IS OVER!"
So, this means that infact, your free-will may be non-existent.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ And thats another thing. I can't, and no one can I don't believe, contemplate what happens after death. Atheists believe it is just like a never-ending sleep. But you can't contemplate that. How does life just...end? There must be something after. I don't see how there can't be.
God has a mystical house for you after death? Get off it. It's simply untrue. Just as you were insignificantly born, you will insignificantly die too. There is nothing after death. Explain how the human body decays and yet mystically 'you' are present in his house.

A bit of a skewed question.

God, anyway.

That's odd, I never thought of you as religious.

Conservative,
30-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I have been brought up moderately Christian - I went to Church regularly as a toddler and young child, however other things such as sports took over about the age of 6. Yet, I am do not take Christianity word for word.

Firstly, the Bible to me is not to be taken literally. It is essentially a book of moral rules, right and wrongs, portrayed through stories - true or not, I don't know.

Secondly, I completely support the theory of evolution, it has lots of evidence and has been proved time and again - HOWEVER - this is where my belief comes in.

I believe God started the big bang (after all, how can something come from nothing? I asked my Physics teacher - he said that energy = mass...but where did the energy come from...he couldn't answer). From that point onwards he aided the growth and construction of our Universe and 'oversees' the development of our Universe, and intervenes if/when he needs to.

Whether this theory is correct, I cannot say. Whether God does exist, I cannot say, but I believe in what I have stated above, and therefore, for me, God is real in some form or another. I guess I'll find out when I die.
^ And thats another thing. I can't, and no one can I don't believe, contemplate what happens after death. Atheists believe it is just like a never-ending sleep. But you can't contemplate that. How does life just...end? There must be something after. I don't see how there can't be.

Zak
30-07-2011, 05:29 PM

He said he believed in some kind of 'God', not that he was a full on belief basher? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what they choose to believe in. Please respect that? ;\

Science/History defiantly outweighs the God believed in by Christians for me. It's always nice to have some belief surely and I'm guessing thats why most people choose to believe. It gives them hope that all is not lost when you die and when you are in a time of need, you feel as if God would be listening.

Conservative,
30-07-2011, 05:38 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

God has a mystical house for you after death? Get off it. It's simply untrue. Just as you were insignificantly born, you will insignificantly die too. There is nothing after death. Explain how the human body decays and yet mystically 'you' are present in his house.

I didn't say that, I just said I don't see how life can 'just end'. It may not be a mystical house, but I don't understand how it can finish so quickly never to return.

Manhattan
30-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I didn't say that, I just said I don't see how life can 'just end'. It may not be a mystical house, but I don't understand how it can finish so quickly never to return.

Humans fear the unknown, it's only natural for you to feel so weak at the thought of death.

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Why is everyone so closed minded to the fact that it is unknown and always will be. Manhattan you havn't died or recently had a conversation with the deceased so i am yet to see how you can be sure theres nothing when you die?

Theres a chance there is, Theres a chance there isn't.

Manhattan
30-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Why is everyone so closed minded to the fact that it is unknown and always will be. Manhattan you havn't died or recently had a conversation with the deceased so i am yet to see how you can be sure theres nothing when you die?

Theres a chance there is, Theres a chance there isn't.

Before you ask me to repeat myself, read the post that I made fully explaining what I believe. ^^

Then, once you've taken it all in and understood it, ask me this question again. I don't find it amusing that you're trying to disprove me by simply reading one sentence out of the many that I've posted.

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 05:51 PM

I read and fully understood the theories but they still do not prove or dispove life after death. So once again i ask the question.

Manhattan
30-07-2011, 05:56 PM

I read and fully understood the theories but they still do not prove or dispove life after death. So once again i ask the question.

Wow, in two minutes, that's very impressive! You're also quite the liar.

The question you're asking me is rhetorical, you insist me giving you a conclusive answer without you making up your mind. That is how I know you didn't read what I posted.

How do you verify verification? That's what you're asking me. I suggest you go do some reading.

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 06:01 PM
I read it the before my first point you stupid idiot i think you'll find there was 16 minutes inbetween your post and mine. I really think you should come of your high horse as you're just making yourself look like a fool.

And you hit the nail on the head finally. You can't answer it, there is no answer, noone knows for shure.

Manhattan
30-07-2011, 06:01 PM
I read it the before my first point you stupid idiot i think you'll find there was 16 minutes inbetween your post and mine. I really think you should come of your high horse as you're just making yourself look like a fool.

And you hit the nail on the head finally. You can't answer it, there is no answer, noone knows for shure.

I can't answer it because you're not asking me a question.

You want a conclusion.

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 06:08 PM
The Question is: How can you be certain of what comes after death?

Marbian
30-07-2011, 06:23 PM
And here is the first example of what i expect to be many narrow minded opinions :P

Please explain to me how it's narrow minded to know the world goes more than 3000 years?

---------- Post added 30-07-2011 at 07:25 PM ----------

He said he believed in some kind of 'God', not that he was a full on belief basher? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what they choose to believe in. Please respect that? ;\

Science/History defiantly outweighs the God believed in by Christians for me. It's always nice to have some belief surely and I'm guessing thats why most people choose to believe. It gives them hope that all is not lost when you die and when you are in a time of need, you feel as if God would be listening.

His quote to everyone seeing different colour's, was nothing to do with him believing in some type of god. I hardly disrespect religion's, but they'll keep believing if they aren't taught darling!

Manhattan
30-07-2011, 06:29 PM
The Question is: How can you be certain of what comes after death?

In which case my answer is:

How can you be certain of what comes after death?

Do you still not understand what I mean by you are asking me a rhetorical question?!

Lost_Addict
30-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I cant be certain and im not, but you stated there was absolutley no chance in a heaven/hell which i see as ignorant.

And marbian i thought you were being narrow minded as you couldn't see the reason as to why people have beliefs or religions.

Accipiter
30-07-2011, 07:07 PM

The same way you would fall asleep

GommeInc
30-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Hmm, the question put forward isn't really a good one. It's what is more believable to you. "Facts" are up for interpretation and the "Big Bang Theory" is a theory, not an actual fact. I personally believe the Big Bang Theory to be more understandable and believable than the Creation Theory, as you can recreate certain experiments and easily explain through science the creation of certain things, like planets, which are more understandable on an extreme scale than that of a man creating the world in seven days and only creating two people to produce the human race - which in some cases is believable seeing as many people out there act as if there was a lot of imbreeding in their family judging by their appauling behaviour and lack of rational thought.

In short, I don't believe in God or fact as the question isn't clear and makes no sense.

RealClifford
31-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Where in the Bible does it say 3000 years ago?
It states that 2000 years ago JESUS came.. NOT the world was created.. Please get ya'll "Facts" straight before talkin bout something ya don't know.

You claim you know science, yet have no idea about what the Bible contains nor do you understand the reasoning behind my belief in Christianity..

I may not understand ALOT of science but I know enough to know that ALOT of it is theory, doing year 12 physics, my experience was alot of it was, "This is how it is, we don't know for sure, but we think its there.."

Since when is assumption fact? Feel free to explain that one...

Narrowminded much?

Marbian
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Where in the Bible does it say 3000 years ago?
It states that 2000 years ago JESUS came.. NOT the world was created.. Please get ya'll "Facts" straight before talkin bout something ya don't know.

You claim you know science, yet have no idea about what the Bible contains nor do you understand the reasoning behind my belief in Christianity..

I may not understand ALOT of science but I know enough to know that ALOT of it is theory, doing year 12 physics, my experience was alot of it was, "This is how it is, we don't know for sure, but we think its there.."

Since when is assumption fact? Feel free to explain that one...

Narrowminded much?

Funny aye... Science has many proofs, and facts. Maybe a couple of thing's that aren't certien... Obviously, us as people aren't a god. And you'll denie science over that and say it's terrible. But you... You'll carry on believing a fairy tale that a god exisists and is looking down at you etcetc and all that ****... haha... crazy people.

And science isn't a belief. It's science, like maths, working stuff out. Most of the things we got and do today is from science.. not god. oh but you'll say god gave us that thought to do it but then you'll say god thinks we're destorying the world and all that crap.

So don't come here acting like I'm some dumbass when YOU will believe in crap writtin thousands of years ago and dedicate your life to it.

Christian's also tell me that God gives you your thought's, and the person you are... Okay, so god made me not to believe in him, and you'll mock me for that... Hmm, aren't you mocking God's creation though?

And as just another redirection Christian, you ignore all the other things and argrue with the things that are a little more easier to asnwer to with all your brain washed sucked up crap. Loads of great points pointed out in here, and none of them will get answered apart from OH HOLLY GODDDDD HERE IS A SIN.!!!

Marbian
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I cant be certain and im not, but you stated there was absolutley no chance in a heaven/hell which i see as ignorant.

And marbian i thought you were being narrow minded as you couldn't see the reason as to why people have beliefs or religions.

I've 2nded people saying religion is for secuirty of thought, to feel safe, to be a better person, and I respected the bible and how it roles. But being denial to your god makes me a bad person? Whos your responsiablity to tell people their going to hell because they don't follow your god... pointing out all the other 'religions' there is.

I mainly believe if it was anything that created the world, created the univerise... It's to live, suvive, live on till generation's until your time is up. People die because there isn't fair tales, there isn't magic... Not to do the opposite and bash a book that was also writtin by people just like us, but what, thousands of years ago perhaps?

We're all born Atheist's. No idea of god, until the idea from someone else has given it us. The bible doesn't end up in your imagination by it self. The same as learning language's... There's always a main source where it comes from. And don't say because god gave us it... God gave us the thought of murder, the thought of hanging people, slitting people open, fairys, santa... he gave us all that as well did he? no. our minds have a imagination's, and is something that can be played with. (also scinentivity proven that people can be brain washed into anything, a lot comnig from to feel secuirity and safe).

I don't see animal's praying to god etc, I only see them do what is normal, living... wanting food to suvive, and to find a match to create a baby. Then dieing... But it's done it's job, by living on it's race, etc. The only time I don't see a animal do that, is when there ****** up and trained by us humans, taking away their natrual insincts.

iAdam
01-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I used to be a science man but a few things have happened that make me question myself. It's a tricky one and no one should be tarnished in any way whether they do believe or don't believe.

Two things that do annoy me in this argument though is;

A) There's no proof god exists.
That's because belief is exactly that, it's faith, faith means you will accept something no matter what happens and it's something you believe to be true.

B) All of Science is theoretical.
No it's not, I can prove to you that the world is made of atoms, which are made of protons, which are then made up of quarks etc. I can also prove to you that the reactions that we have seen on Earth can theoretically explain why the Universe is here today.

Shar
01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
There was a period when I had my doubts but I believe there is a god.

Shadow-Mason
06-08-2011, 07:43 AM
I believe in science, however, if god did appear then i would swallow my pride and follow him, I believe that as long as there is enough proof its true

Milarz
06-08-2011, 10:02 AM
There is no god. Not sure if there ever was a Jesus, probably was, but who knows. People say God made earth. Well in a rough outline, 2 planets glided into each other which formed earth..

GirlNextDoor15
06-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Not sure if there ever was a Jesus, probably was, but who knows.

Jesus is a man. He experienced a normal, human birth and then, died.

There is no god. People say God made earth. Well in a rough outline, 2 planets glided into each other which formed earth..

I do not agree with you. As a Science student, God may not made Earth but who knows? Sometimes, science cannot explain certain thing and for sure, it cannot explain the existence of God. God only exists if you have faith in God. You choose to believe in what you want to believe. If you do not believe in God, whatever proof about the existence of God still will not make you believe in God.

Conservative,
06-08-2011, 12:07 PM
There is no god. Not sure if there ever was a Jesus, probably was, but who knows. People say God made earth. Well in a rough outline, 2 planets glided into each other which formed earth..

Nope, earth was formed by a nebula cloud formed of gas and dust and was added to by various meteoric collisions and as stated below - a proto-planet collided (which is I believe what you were referring to) and actually knocked some of the Earth out - creating the moon.

Starting with the Earth's formation by accretion from the solar nebula 4.54 billion years ago (4.54 Ga), the first eon in the Earth's history is called the Hadean. It lasted until the Archaean eon, which began 3.8 Ga. The oldest rocks found on Earth date to about 4.0 Ga, and the oldest detrital zircon crystals in some rocks have been dated to about 4.4 Ga, close to the formation of the Earth's crust and the Earth itself. Because not much material from this time is preserved, little is known about Hadean times, but scientists hypothesize at an estimated 4.53 Ga, shortly after formation of an initial crust, the proto-Earth was impacted by a smaller protoplanet, which ejected part of the mantle and crust into space and created the Moon.
During the Hadean, the Earth's surface was under a continuous bombardment by meteorites, and volcanism must have been severe due to the large heat flow and geothermal gradient. The detrital zircon crystals dated to 4.4 Ga show evidence of having undergone contact with liquid water, suggesting that the planet already had oceans or seas at that time. From crater counts on other celestial bodies it is inferred that a period of intense meteorite impacts, called the "Late Heavy Bombardment", began about 4.1 Ga, and concluded around 3.8 Ga, at the end of the Hadean.
By the beginning of the Archaean, the Earth had cooled significantly. It would have been impossible for most present day life forms to exist due to the composition of the Archaean atmosphere, which lacked oxygen and an ozone layer. Nevertheless it is believed that primordial life began to evolve by the early Archaean, with some possible fossil finds dated to around 3.5 Ga. Some researchers, however, speculate that life could have begun during the early Hadean, as far back as 4.4 Ga, surviving the possible Late Heavy Bombardment period in hydrothermal vents below the Earth's surface.

The Don
06-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Sense make not.

Wig44.
07-08-2011, 12:00 PM
There is one thing that I can never understand about a lot of christians. The Bible is the word of God, if you disagree with any part of the Bible, you disagree with God. Everyone saying 'maybe he didn't make earth in 7 days buy THERE ARE THINGS CANNOT BE EXPLAIN BY SCIENCE THAT MEANS GOD IS REAL' are in direct contradiction with the Bible, you don't believe in the christian God. You are therefore believing in your own God, one you have tailored to get around your doubts - this all stems from a human tendency to believe in a higher being when there isn't one. It's ridiculous really.

chantellehugs
07-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Although I believe in God, I take into account that the Bible has been translated many times and it's been reprinted in many different versions. Who's to say the person translating it didn't make a mistake or even purposely change what was written? Some people I know believe in the concept behind the stories, more than the details and such within them. Take the story of creation, it says the earth was created in 6 days, is that 6 of our days, with 24 hours in each, or God's version of a day?

There is one thing that I can never understand about a lot of christians. The Bible is the word of God, if you disagree with any part of the Bible, you disagree with God. Everyone saying 'maybe he didn't make earth in 7 days buy THERE ARE THINGS CANNOT BE EXPLAIN BY SCIENCE THAT MEANS GOD IS REAL' are in direct contradiction with the Bible, you don't believe in the christian God. You are therefore believing in your own God, one you have tailored to get around your doubts - this all stems from a human tendency to believe in a higher being when there isn't one. It's ridiculous really.

Invent
08-08-2011, 08:01 PM
There is no god, no.

Chippiewill
09-08-2011, 02:57 AM
There is no god, no.
Hi Simon.

Offtopic and pointless blah blah blah.. sue me.

I believe there is no god because there is no rational evidence pointing in that direction. Only verifiable proof is that billions of people do believe in a god which is not actually an indication of existence of god but more of a proof that people follow what they are brought up to believe.

Zak
09-08-2011, 05:32 PM
All hail Amun-Re

N-Dubz
09-08-2011, 09:01 PM
I strongly believe in a higher power.

MKR&*42
11-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I do believe in God.

I just, find it incredibly hard to believe - the world is here by chance, I mean the chance of a big bang even happening, at the right time, with the right "chemicals" and producing every planet, solar system, sun etc. in exactly the right place - the chances are almost impossible.

Also, I find it hard to believe that there is "Nothing up there" , that everything we do is just "luck and chance" it's better to feel - you have some supreme being watching over your life - rather than feeling abandoned.

I am also very skeptical about the fact - there is life beyond the solar system, a camera can lie you know ;) God could have put fake images in the telescope - anything's possible.

But I am only Christian after a dream I had about God/Heaven - which made me convert - so I guess, you have to have a big event which can convert you.

(Only my opinion though, not saying I'm right or anyone else is wrong).

-:Undertaker:-
12-08-2011, 01:30 PM

I believe in conservatism but I might disagree with certain parts, does this mean I do not agree with the entire belief? no, it clearly doesn't.

le harry
12-08-2011, 05:38 PM
The Big Bang theory doesn't make sence for me in the fact that chemicals randomly collided? If there was no universe where the hell did the chemicals come from haha. It's a hard one that can never be proven right or wrong until you die. People must also remember that about 95% of science is theoretical and infact not facts, so by calling the other option fact it's very narrow minded.

bro you should research the big bang theory b4 u enter a debate and put ur useless argument forward

ill wait for some1 puts forward a decent theological or philisophical argument b4 i argue

GommeInc
13-08-2011, 03:00 PM
bro you should research the big bang theory b4 u enter a debate and put ur useless argument forward

ill wait for some1 puts forward a decent theological or philisophical argument b4 i argue
It's a theory for a reason, the Big Bang Theory itself isn't exact its only going by assumption, experiments and ideas (you know, a theory?) so his argument isn't useless at all. Infact, his argument is more of a description of the big bang theory - a theory which isn't actual fact. It's just more easier to understand as there is strong evidence to suggest x created y etc etc.

Apolva
13-08-2011, 03:31 PM
While you can't disprove that a god exists, you can show that, through relevant sciences, once isn't necessary to explain anything.

God is a poor explanation we fit to things in the world which we observe but can’t explain (the Greeks used it more, as they needed more explaining) - It's easy to point to a god, while thinking logically about something requires effort and intelligence.

As I mentioned earlier, the Greeks had an array of gods which they believed in to explain/feel in-control of certain aspects of the observable world, such as: light, the sea, mountains, shadows, drunkenness, air, etc. Science has since explained/modeled these in great detail, and so nobody needs these gods any more.

As a further example, in the last few centuries, who would have thought a tiny thing called a virus, 50,000 times smaller than a pin head could make someone seriously ill and in many instances kill them? Everybody put it down to god.

Fez
15-08-2011, 02:08 AM
If God is a being with conciousness who set in stage the whole 'universe' thing, then no, if God is a higher power beyond our understanding that led to the very beginning of 'nothing' that led to 'existence' then perhaps so. Perhaps God, if you boil it down, is a simple calculation that created the universe or at least set things in motion. He has no conciousness, he's not even a 'he' and, perhaps interestingly, he might be dead; the universe only happens once you know.

I'm agnostic-theist so I'm very open to anything that people talk about. I'm not sure if this is based around belief or is based around interpretation of facts.

maybe he didn't make earth in 7 days

It doesn't say 'days', it says 'dais', which means any length of time. For all we know the universe is still being made.

bootydrop
15-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Im a rather simple guy, with a complex frame of mind hidden.

You show me a God, and I will believe it.
You say he is there, but cannot prove it, then good chance he is not there.

As of right now in life, I gotta go with science and say I doubt it.

Scientific evidence points towards evolution... bottom line.
I am not going to get into that because there is no need to.

The only question left unanswered for those who believe in God is: How did God come about?
And for non-believers or science related: How was the universe created.

***And note the capitalized G in God. Just because I do not belive in him, does not mean I have the right to totally blow off the fact that there is always chance he is existent and that others do believe... many very deeply Please make sure to have respect of those with faith of a God.***

Apolva
15-08-2011, 08:47 AM
***And note the capitalized G in God. Just because I do not belive in him, does not mean I have the right to totally blow off the fact that there is always chance he is existent and that others do believe... many very deeply Please make sure to have respect of those with faith of a God.***

It's grammatically incorrect to use a capital G in "god", unless you're referring to a specific god who is called God.

Correct uses:
Christians worship God.
Christians worship their god.

bootydrop
15-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Touche Apolva. I suppose I am thinking of it as one God. Darn the Catholic churches brain washing me without me even going there. So used to only hearing of the "one and only one" G-O-D, the first OG himself.

Zyzz
15-08-2011, 09:36 PM
lol at religion

http://i56.tinypic.com/2n6vy9s.jpg

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts!

Neil
17-08-2011, 08:25 AM
I straight up don't believe that there is anything more to life than science, I do not believe in the existence of any kind of god and I don't believe we exist for a reason.

I do believe people should be free to believe whatever they want but I don't want them trying to shove what they believe down my throat, I have the right to believe that nothing exists beyond science and what can be proven or speculated, I will not accept that the universe was created by some sort of being, that is just ridiculous.

If you want to consider something as a "higher power" then it is problem gravity and force.

Also somewhere among all of the posts someone says about how impossible it is that life exists just purely by chance, it is purely by chance, without the right things happening life would not exist on Earth, everything did happen by chance, something created the universe, rocks and atoms collided together to create minerals, planets and solar systems, gravity keeps order, on Earth volcanos erupting allowed for chemical reactions to take place producing water, with water life was able to begin taking place, billions of years of evolution took place resulting in life as we know it today - it's all very impossible when you assume there is only one chance but because of the size of the universe it was almost certainly going to have to happen eventually.

FlyingJesus
17-08-2011, 09:51 AM
The biggest problem is that hardly anyone - be they believer or non-believer - actually knows enough about religion to really have a definitive view. If you aren't interested fair enough that's your choice, but if people are going to debate one way or the other then an actual understanding of more than "my Christian friend said..." is necessary.

Here's the heresy that'll rock the world: never in the Bible does it state that God is omnipotent. There is a line in a Psalm that translates as "almighty", but it's a song of praise so of course you're going to big Him up. Much like the good old "God knows everything" statement, it's again something that's come about due to worship rather than due to scripture. Most of the Old Testament is generally believed to have been written by Moses, who as you may know led the Jews out of Egypt. In those days people worshipped their kings and leaders as being all powerful, all knowing, all seeing, and immortal, so clearly anyone praising God wasn't about to do so in a less zealous manner than the Egyptians worshipping their god-king for fear of insulting Him.

That aside, God is not the only possibility of god. There are plenty of other religions with either their own supreme being, a pantheon of gods, or even different versions of the same (as with Roman/Greek gods or the Christian/Jewish/Muslim God), and that's still only taking into consideration man's interpretation of divinity. Saying "GOD DOESN'T EXIST BECAUSE MY DOG DIED AND THERE IS GRAVITY" is of no importance in a real theological debate.

Apolva
17-08-2011, 03:20 PM
A debate over whether a "god" does or doesn't exists is a little vague. OP should indicate what they mean by "god":

For instance, a god who is responsible for the creation of the universe (multiverse?) or a totalitarian god who controls what you think/do.

Ardemax
08-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I love a good healthy debate. Haven't seen one around on hxf in a while, so I don't care if the last post was over a month ago, let's get cracking! :D

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this thread, but if you are, feel free to reply or "debate". haha :P

Basically in my eyes (my OPINION) I can't see how there isn't a God. Call me narrow-minded, but I physically cannot see how there cannot be something that has created everything.

I first really started believing that this world was no accident actually in a science lesson. The amazing pictures of space and the most amazing mountains and planets around us, the most amazing galaxies, solar systems and stars. Are you honestly going to tell me that a big bang just happened out of no where, created one planet we could survive on and just created random planets of insignificance?

It boggles my mind how scientists are so adament that these things just happened. How did we happen? How did our gender happen? How did reproduction happen? How did language happen? How did emotion happen? How did communication with animals happen? How did animals happen?

If you just take a look around you I think you will soon find out why 2 billion people believe and worship God ;)

Also I'd like anyone to answer honestly:

Have you ever wondered how we are the most sophisticated things on this planet and how we have built so many amazing things?

Was that down to evolution? Was it down to chance?

Meh, my minds made up.

I'll be happy to debate with whoever, peace!

Showder
10-09-2011, 08:06 AM
I believe in God , and is religious so ...... I'm not a fact person ;P

karter
10-09-2011, 08:59 AM
I believe there is a creator, who could've created that particle which started Big Bang?

Niall!
11-09-2011, 06:05 PM
GOD IS FACT

WHAT NOW HUH

Wig44.
11-09-2011, 06:30 PM
I love a good healthy debate. Haven't seen one around on hxf in a while, so I don't care if the last post was over a month ago, let's get cracking! :D

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this thread, but if you are, feel free to reply or "debate". haha :P

Basically in my eyes (my OPINION) I can't see how there isn't a God. Call me narrow-minded, but I physically cannot see how there cannot be something that has created everything.

I first really started believing that this world was no accident actually in a science lesson. The amazing pictures of space and the most amazing mountains and planets around us, the most amazing galaxies, solar systems and stars. Are you honestly going to tell me that a big bang just happened out of no where, created one planet we could survive on and just created random planets of insignificance?

It boggles my mind how scientists are so adament that these things just happened. How did we happen? How did our gender happen? How did reproduction happen? How did language happen? How did emotion happen? How did communication with animals happen? How did animals happen?

If you just take a look around you I think you will soon find out why 2 billion people believe and worship God ;)

Also I'd like anyone to answer honestly:

Have you ever wondered how we are the most sophisticated things on this planet and how we have built so many amazing things?

Was that down to evolution? Was it down to chance?

Meh, my minds made up.

I'll be happy to debate with whoever, peace!

You just need more education, that's all. (This isn't supposed to be condescending).

Ardemax
11-09-2011, 06:49 PM
You just need more education, that's all. (This isn't supposed to be condescending).

Sorry, I don't get what you mean? :)

Judas
17-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Do you believe in unicorns? I don't. A unicorn is something that just exists in stories. There is no reason that a unicorn would exist, and there is no reason that I should believe a unicorn exists.

Now go and replace the word "unicorn" with God.

FlyingJesus
17-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I believe in unicorns

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please see Debate rules about sticking to the main topic:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=615942

Judas
17-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Whatever gurl

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk19onlVRG1qci5vu.gif

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please see Debate rules about sticking to the main topic:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=615942

Bodon
18-09-2011, 02:00 AM
If religions or god is fake, then what is the point of billion of peoples around the world worship something of nothing?

GirlNextDoor15
18-09-2011, 07:23 AM
If religions or god is fake, then what is the point of billion of peoples around the world worship something of nothing?

Like what they said, it's just faith and if you believe in God, then God is read to you. If they don't believe in God, then it'll be like what you said, believing in something of nothing. It's all about faith. You cannot simply say God is real or fake.

Bodon
18-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Like what they said, it's just faith and if you believe in God, then God is read to you. If they don't believe in God, then it'll be like what you said, believing in something of nothing. It's all about faith. You cannot simply say God is real or fake.
you're not answering my question. :rolleyes:

GirlNextDoor15
18-09-2011, 08:19 AM
you're not answering my question. :rolleyes:

I think I just did if you don't get whatever I mean. Faith is the answer. It depends on the individual's faith.

Alphaisadi62
18-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Theres a GOD! Why you say that ? You want to go to hell althought ? GOD IS ONLY ONE !

GirlNextDoor15
18-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Theres a GOD! Why you say that ? You want to go to hell althought ? GOD IS ONLY ONE !

I assume that you are very religious and the thought-provoking thing you said just now, I know you aimed it at me. Just gonna say that it's all about faith and you can't just say there's a God. I hope you understand it. :)

Alphaisadi62
18-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Who is fact ?

---------- Post added 18-09-2011 at 04:58 PM ----------

I assume that you are very religious and the thought-provoking thing you said just now, I know you aimed it at me. Just gonna say that it's all about faith and you can't just say there's a God. I hope you understand it. :)

Who is fact btw ?

Eric
18-09-2011, 08:59 AM

What's althought ? :S

Who is fact ?

So Today I want to know, God or Fact?

Do you believe fact that there is no God. Or your religion that tells that their is a God.

Let us all know below.

No useless posts Please.

Enjoy!

Bodon
18-09-2011, 09:31 AM
I think I just did if you don't get whatever I mean. Faith is the answer. It depends on the individual's faith.
That is your opinion, tbh.
If you state so, then that is how it is in your thinking.
Not mine. :)

Judas
18-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Can I ask what makes you so sure there is a God?

DPS
18-09-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm catholic but i cant hardly call myself one now days, I didnt choose to be catholic its the way my family is, but i know theres no such thing as god, but i think there is something, not a person, nore spirit, just something out there, some things in the world aint clear to me, and thats mainly why i think theres something there, anyways idk lol :(

HawtNerd
22-09-2011, 11:59 PM
No disrespect to any religions but for me ... Fact. I am atheist and always will be.

Ardemax
23-09-2011, 03:24 PM
No disrespect to any religions but for me ... Fact. I am atheist and always will be.

Good to see people keeping an open mind these days.

HawtNerd
24-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Good to see people keeping an open mind these days.\

I see it more as just what I believe in. Open mind is who I am and always will me.

Ardemax
24-09-2011, 01:20 PM
I see it more as just what I believe in. Open mind is who I am and always will me.

Saying that you will always be an atheist isn't really keeping an open mind.

Accipiter
24-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Why don't we look into behaviourism and notice that, faith is just a hope of the mind to keep us happy through our lives.

False happiness that we turn to when we're down, and it's natural because it happened cross continent prior to mass communication and created "gods", because don't we all need someone to look after us when we lose our parents and what not, even if it is just faith that theres life afterwards.

I don't tend to interfere myself with religion or let it hinder me or my thoughts, I take life as it is and go by my own morals not those written in a book, you shouldn't need to be told every day how to behave if you can just realise you have full self control.

Ardemax
24-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Why don't we look into behaviourism and notice that, faith is just a hope of the mind to keep us happy through our lives.

False happiness that we turn to when we're down, and it's natural because it happened cross continent prior to mass communication and created "gods", because don't we all need someone to look after us when we lose our parents and what not, even if it is just faith that theres life afterwards.

I don't tend to interfere myself with religion or let it hinder me or my thoughts, I take life as it is and go by my own morals not those written in a book, you shouldn't need to be told every day how to behave if you can just realise you have full self control.

I believe we have laws and unless you're an anarchist, you should see how rules are essential to how we live.

I know (in the Bible) that rules laid out are simply ones that keep mankind from painfully destroying itself. Rules like treating people how you expect to be treated and not to steal things. If you went against those rules, the world would either be a horrific place to live or you'd be dead.

:Gero
19-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I believe in a greater power, which may not be god, something the does 'make' things happen. Though I do understand fact and knowledge as well.

I was brought up a Christian, yet I still have an open opinion about God. I still avoid to offend any religious deity as I know that its disrespectful.

Everyone has a choice to believe in what they want, I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason and if you need if an opportunity arises, 'you only live once'.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!