PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Legend of Korra FIRST TRAILER

Neversoft
30-07-2011, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOd--cN1FE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southe,
30-07-2011, 10:05 PM
not that i've seen it or want to but cartoons over here in the west would be alot better if they took the time to make em as good as that animation wise.

Neversoft
30-07-2011, 10:18 PM
not that i've seen it or want to but cartoons over here in the west would be alot better if they took the time to make em as good as that animation wise.

Avatar is a Western cartoon. ;) Really surprised by the animation though. It looks a lot more fluent and anime-influenced than in the first series.

Southe,
31-07-2011, 11:34 AM
i know its western why i said others should mke the effort i remember seeing dexter and ed edd and eddy or w.e with the repeating scenes and crappy backgrounds

Neversoft
31-07-2011, 11:40 AM
No where in your post did you mention others, but I do agree. Western cartoons cut so many corners and repeat so many frames it's unbelievable, but then again I guess they are for kids while Avatar has a more widespread appeal.

Neversoft
05-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I just realised how much the new series is going to suck without Iroh, but wow goosebumps @ the statue of Aang. The only thing I don't like about the Korra trailer is that they're still using the same music. It's the third series trailer all over again. You would have thought in the two years since, The Track Team could have come out with something new. Also, Iron Man at the end lol.

Nemo
05-08-2011, 10:53 PM
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THAT WAS AMAZING. I CANT WAIT.

Niall!
06-08-2011, 10:16 AM
NOT ANIME

REPORTED

Joking. Never really got into Avatar before.

Neversoft
06-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Better suited in this section though, to be honest. It's anime and 'other entertainment' too. I'd rather post about cartoons here than in Film & Television. :P

I adore Avatar. I must have watched the first two seasons in like a week, then the two year wait for the final one was hell but damn did it pay off. The finale is absolutely breathtaking.

Nemo
06-08-2011, 02:00 PM
IVE ONLY WATCHED AVATAR ONCE, MUST WATCH IT AGAIN! I HAVE DECIDED.

Neversoft
06-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm currently watching it through for the third time with some friends. We've been on the last ten episodes for about a year though lmao. Really need to finish it.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo2w5e3wuD1qmvu5bo1_250.gif

Loving Toph's entry on urbandictionary.

1. toph
The female Chuck Norris.
Toph pwns so hard it's an insult to the other characters.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toph

Nemo
06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
DOWNLOADING ALL THE 3 SEASONS NOW. ITS ON 34%. **** YEAH CANT WAIT TO WATCH IT.

Neversoft
06-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I own the DVDs because I am a law abiding citizen.

LoveToStack
15-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Currently marathonning Avatar. A week for the first to seasons, just one episode into Book Three now! I'm loving it so far. There hasn't been one episode that's a chore to watch and even the episodes which don't advance the plot dramatically are great because they always introduce characters who end up recurring later on. Like the guys on Rhinos who attacked the island on which Aang was standing trial for his crimes in a past life. They ended up showing up again and they recognized Iroh as the Dragon of the West. And they showed up again in Jet's flashback to how his village was destroyed by the fire nation. Those little continuity nods make the show great and give the world a nice sense of realism.

I'll concede I've also cried numerous times already as well. The last two episodes of Book One being the source of many of said tears, they were probably my favourite episodes so far.

One thing I can't pin down is who my favourite character is. Not for a lack of options, that's for sure. I just love all the characters! Not sure I'm ready for it to end :(

Neversoft
15-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Nice to see you're still around LoveToStack. :D I agree with absolutely everything you said. Nemo is currently marathoning the series as well and I'm finally going to watch the last ten episodes with some friends at the weekend. It'll be my third time going through the series and I can seriously say I'm still loving it as much as the first.

My favourite character is Iroh by a light-year, followed by Zuko and Toph. I really like the relationship and chemistry between Zuko and Iroh, and really Zuko is such a deeply complex character that it is hard to believe Avatar's target audience was originally teens.

I also cried a few times throughout the series, mainly at the end (WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END!!!!!) but also during Iroh's story in Tales of Ba Sing Se, along with Iroh's short conversation with Toph about Zuko in Book 2 and also Zuko's conversation with Iroh during the latter half of Book 3. Iroh just makes me cry. I love that man.

Nemo
21-08-2011, 07:27 AM
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I WATCHED IT AGAIN AND IT'S STILL AMAZING.

I want it nowwwww

Neversoft
22-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Currently marathonning Avatar. A week for the first to seasons, just one episode into Book Three now! I'm loving it so far. There hasn't been one episode that's a chore to watch and even the episodes which don't advance the plot dramatically are great because they always introduce characters who end up recurring later on. Like the guys on Rhinos who attacked the island on which Aang was standing trial for his crimes in a past life. They ended up showing up again and they recognized Iroh as the Dragon of the West. And they showed up again in Jet's flashback to how his village was destroyed by the fire nation. Those little continuity nods make the show great and give the world a nice sense of realism.

I'll concede I've also cried numerous times already as well. The last two episodes of Book One being the source of many of said tears, they were probably my favourite episodes so far.

One thing I can't pin down is who my favourite character is. Not for a lack of options, that's for sure. I just love all the characters! Not sure I'm ready for it to end :(

HAVE YOU FINISHED IT YET????? WHAT DID YOU THINK?????

Lights
22-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I loved Avatar, that and digimon (which is awesome) are the only anime I can watch Dubbed.

although they fked up the live-action film.

Cant wait for this to air,

LoveToStack
23-09-2011, 04:23 PM
HAVE YOU FINISHED IT YET????? WHAT DID YOU THINK?????

Haha I finished it not long after the post you quoted. It's not totally fresh in my mind now but I'll try to put down what I felt at the time. Spoiler tags just in case.

All in all I felt that the actual final confrontation between Aang and Ozai was a bit of a let down to be honest. I'm not saying that it was bad or anything, I did enjoy it and I didn't mind the 'energy bending' conclusion at all. What I didn't really like what the setting. It felt a bit DBZish, two guys fighting one on one in a vast rocky landscape. Just felt like they'd spent so much time setting up a realistic and rich world then they just have the climax in a rocky arena, felt a bit meh.

Also I didn't really like how easily Aang steamrolled Ozai when he went into the Avatar state. Fair dues when Roku stomped Sozen when those two had a confrontation in that flashback, because Roku was an old man and had quite clearly mastered all the elements. It shouldn't really have been so easy for Aang in my opinion but that's just my two cents.

I enjoyed everything else about the finale though. I thought Sokka and Toph had some good moments and I really enjoyed the scenes with Zuko, Katara and Azula, although I was kind of blindsided by Azula's mental breakdown. Fair dues she was a nut but she just seemed to unravel all of a sudden in the end.

Iroh's taking of Ba Sing Se with the White Lotus crew was nice as well. Another good nod to continuity to have those characters all making an appearance in the finale. I couldn't help wondering throughout all of book 3 however if Iroh had been given less screen time after Mako's death irl. I wonder if he would have been more prominent in the season if Mako had still been alive. :(

So yeah I did enjoy the finale but the last two episodes probably weren't my favorite ones. Two eps which stick in my mind as being my favorites are probably the one with the westernish feel where Zuko goes off by himself and helps out that earthbending nation kid and his family from the soldier bullies. And the one where Katara is introduced to Bloodbending, which is badass by the way, I thought that episode was very well done and it was pretty dark when you remember the target audience for the show.

Loved the show overall though, thought it was great. They really seemed to flesh out the characters and a lot of the issues they dealt with were pretty unusual for a "kids' show". I'll definitely watch it again some time. Also pretty pumped for Legend of Korra now as well! (H)

Chippiewill
23-09-2011, 05:48 PM
OMG, there's more coming?
*died and went to heaven*

I <3 avatar.

DPS
24-09-2011, 07:53 AM
I got so upset when Avatar ended so im glad this will be coming out :)

:Gero
19-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm going to be putting my neck on the line, by saying Avatar would have to have some of the best character stories I've seen In a Western Cartoon.

Even though it seems to get inspiration from various Anime and others a like.

I loved watching the three season that were created.

It was a shame it was so sort, but I think they gave a lot of closure in the end.

Then it got butchered by M.Knight!

I can't wait for this series to come out, Lets hope it is as amazing as the first.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!