PDA

View Full Version : leona lewis' new TERRIBLE song collide!

Muct
30-07-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7sG2Ebnn6A&ob=av2e

eurghhhhhhhhh!!
i was a total fan of her when she released spirit+echo and have both of them on my ipod/phone, but this totally just isnt her! she looks SO old in that picture and it sounds more like kelly rowland or summin than leona! i read ages ago that simon cowell was planning to turn her new album into a dance album after her album 'echo' sold only 1/3 of what 'spirit' did but i didnt think itd be this bad!!!
i expect the video to just be of her running around a beach or summin dancing and that just isnt like one of leonas other videos at all! what is she turning into!?!

ill still get the album just to see if the rest is any better than this but still lmao

Shar
30-07-2011, 10:35 PM
noooooo I don't want her to change her image completely and genre of music :'( I used to love Leona Lewis, she has such a good voice and I really liked spirit and echo :(

Rozi
30-07-2011, 10:41 PM
SHE SOUNDS LIKE A MAN

this really isn't good for her

and how bloody long is the breakdown
and the chorus sounds like it's been slowed down

Shar
30-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh god just had a listen now, sounds so so so terrible. What has Simon Cowell done :'(

Muct
30-07-2011, 10:45 PM
look how many dislikes lmaooo!!!

Shar
30-07-2011, 10:47 PM
almost equal to the amount of likes haha, not surprised!

myke
30-07-2011, 10:48 PM
oops I'm the only one who likes it :$

okay after hearing the chorus again I've changed my mind

Nuxty
30-07-2011, 10:56 PM
It sounds way too deep and it doesn't sound like the girl who won the X Factor. :( I hope that she doesn't change as I think slow, nice and meaningful songs suit Leona so much better than this, well, crap!

Liot
30-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Awful! This isn't the type of singer that she is and a song like this isn't going to show how capable she really is. She used to make people feel emotional using her voice!

iLogan
31-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't like it :(

brandon
31-07-2011, 01:52 AM
It's horrible especially compared to her other great songs like I Got You.

Eric
31-07-2011, 02:33 AM
It sounds awful D:

Muct
31-07-2011, 02:39 AM
not to mention the beat is a TOTAL copy off avicii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oj62PBi5Ps
lmfaoooo!!
and she claims she made a deal with him that he would let her use it as long as he was credited, which he denies agreeing on and so does his manager
lmao!

GirlNextDoor15
31-07-2011, 03:36 AM
This song is really terrible. The lyrics is ridiculous and the song is not catchy.
I hope she sticks to singing ballads.
She can sing and she can be the next Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey.

Plebings
31-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Ballads are booooring!
Just glad it's not got the 'Guettappeal'

Accipiter
31-07-2011, 09:17 AM
not to mention the beat is a TOTAL copy off avicii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oj62PBi5Ps
lmfaoooo!!
and she claims she made a deal with him that he would let her use it as long as he was credited, which he denies agreeing on and so does his manager
lmao!

Swear to god thats The Sims tune anyway?

Red
31-07-2011, 09:56 AM
I think its difficult for her because if she sticks with ballads people call her a flop anyway lol. I love leona though and this song really isn't her at all. lmao Don't like it now but I think this could grow on me.

Judas
31-07-2011, 10:47 AM
i don't know why everyone hates it, it's not cher lloyd-awful.

she started out doing what sold at the time - soppy x factor ballads, now she is keeping with the times and making music that sells.. dance music. it's how the music industry works and i don't know why everyone is so surprised that she's switching up her image and sound when the public are obviously bored of her doing the same thing

Shar
31-07-2011, 03:44 PM

she started out doing what sold at the time - soppy x factor ballads, now she is keeping with the times and making music that sells.. dance music. it's how the music industry works and i don't know why everyone is so surprised that she's switching up her image and sound when the public are obviously bored of her doing the same thing
The last time she did this with forgive me it was unsuccessful too. Being different was good for her I think..

peteyt
31-07-2011, 05:46 PM

The problem for me is I respect an artist who simply is themselves.

So many artists these days seem to be manufactured by the labels. It looks like she's been forced to do something that isn't really her style. It's like getting a metal band to go and do a pop/dance cheesy song.

It should be about what you feel comfortable in, what you like doing, not what is currently popular.

The problem is record label's, bosses etc. don't understand the actual market. They see something selling and think that everyone likes it so everyone should sound like that. Alternative music doesn't seem to exist to these people.

Judas
31-07-2011, 09:01 PM
The last time she did this with forgive me it was unsuccessful too. Being different was good for her I think..

she was never different, and since when was a top 5 hit single unsuccessful?

The problem for me is I respect an artist who simply is themselves.

So many artists these days seem to be manufactured by the labels. It looks like she's been forced to do something that isn't really her style. It's like getting a metal band to go and do a pop/dance cheesy song.

It should be about what you feel comfortable in, what you like doing, not what is currently popular.

The problem is record label's, bosses etc. don't understand the actual market. They see something selling and think that everyone likes it so everyone should sound like that. Alternative music doesn't seem to exist to these people.

i never said it was right, just stating a fact. i agree with you.

Muct
31-07-2011, 09:04 PM

not really just dance music that sells lmaoo!!
adele, bruno mars, ed sheeran, taylor swift ALL sell.. you dont see taylor swift jumping around in a danceclub to dubstep or summin because music has moved on a little bit, just because one artist sells a record doesnt mean it's suddenly the new music trend or summin lol!

Jssy
31-07-2011, 09:10 PM
She actually looks like 40 in that pic and I don't like that song. I hope she's not trying to like be like others in the charts because the old her was much much better :(

Judas
31-07-2011, 09:13 PM
adele, bruno mars, ed sheeran, taylor swift ALL sell.. you dont see taylor swift jumping around in a danceclub to dubstep or summin because music has moved on a little bit, just because one artist sells a record doesnt mean it's suddenly the new music trend or summin lol!

evidently you have no idea about the industry.

there is always a trend in pop music, but obviously not EVERYONE follows it, hence different genres exist. please take that quote of mine again and bold the part where i said it was JUST dance music that sells, because i don't think i did. can you read? at the moment, it is dance-pop songs that are most commonly the big selling hits, fact.

a few years ago in the early 2000s the trend was hip hop/R&B, since about 2008 it has been more electronic/dance pop. go back decades to the 60s and the majority of hit singles would have been rocknroll, in the 80s there was a huge wave of electronic pop music etc etc

don't try and prove me wrong when you clearly have no idea, thanks.

Muct
31-07-2011, 09:19 PM
evidently you have no idea about the industry.

there is always a trend in pop music, but obviously not EVERYONE follows it, hence different genres exist. please take that quote of mine again and bold the part where i said it was JUST dance music that sells, because i don't think i did. can you read? at the moment, it is dance-pop songs that are most commonly the big selling hits, fact.

a few years ago in the early 2000s the trend was hip hop/R&B, since about 2008 it has been more electronic/dance pop. go back decades to the 60s and the majority of hit singles would have been rocknroll, in the 80s there was a huge wave of electronic pop music etc etc

don't try and prove me wrong when you clearly have no idea, thanks.

lmaoooo!!! where did i ever try prooving you wrong? i was just saying that just because some artists are producing dance records doesnt mean everyone has to follow them, taylor swift, bruno mars, adele etc isnt so why should simon cowell get leona to do it when the artists i listed are doing just fine with their own style lol just shhhh!!

=Lizzy
31-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I quite like it, its not her style at all! But its a style of music I like, If that makes sense.

Copy of the other song posted. yep, she should be a bit more original

Judas
31-07-2011, 09:24 PM
lmaoooo!!! where did i ever try prooving you wrong? i was just saying that just because some artists are producing dance records doesnt mean everyone has to follow them, taylor swift, bruno mars, adele etc isnt so why should simon cowell get leona to do it when the artists i listed are doing just fine with their own style lol just shhhh!!

what on earth is wrong with you

you were obviously trying to prove me wrong by listing those artists, disagreeing with my post, when i NEVER SAID that EVERYONE followed the dance music trend. please read my post again. i will spell it out for you again just in case you still can't grasp onto this concept.

NOT EVERY SINGLE ARTIST THAT CAN SELL RECORDS FOLLOWS THE TREND. THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS. THE FACT IS DANCE MUSIC IS DOMINATING THE CHARTS AT THE MOMENT.

is that okay?

cowell obviously made leona try the dance thing because her second record wasn't anywhere near as successful as the first, and they sounded basically the same so they obviously thought a switch up was necessary. and the easiest thing to do was to give her some generic dance tracks which are radio friendly and OVERALL do better these days than other genres.

now you 'shhh' and learn to read properly

Muct
31-07-2011, 09:26 PM
NOT EVERY SINGLE ARTIST THAT CAN SELL RECORDS FOLLOWS THE TREND. THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS. THE FACT IS DANCE MUSIC IS DOMINATING THE CHARTS AT THE MOMENT.

which is what i was saying lmfaoo?
i meant not every single artist is following the dance 'trend' just because a few other artists got successful with dance, like the artists i listed.... leona didnt just lose sales with her 2nd album it's probably because the songs on her 2nd album were just NOWHERE near as good as the ones on echo..

Judas
31-07-2011, 09:28 PM
which is what i was saying lmfaoo?
i meant not every single artist is following the dance 'trend' just because a few other artists got successful with dance, like the artists i listed....

oh my god.

i NEVER said it was JUST dance music that sells.

bruno mars, ed sheeran, taylor swift ALL sell.. you dont see taylor swift jumping around in a danceclub to dubstep or summin because music has moved on a little bit, just because one artist sells a record doesnt mean it's suddenly the new music trend or summin lol!

have you listened to the radio in the past 3 years!?

leona didnt just lose sales with her 2nd album it's probably because the songs on her 2nd album were just NOWHERE near as good as the ones on echo..

that is a subjective opinion and not a fact. why would they continue to make a manufactured artist make the same type of music as their last record that didn't sell as well as it could have?

Muct
31-07-2011, 09:33 PM
have you listened to the radio in the past 3 years!?
lmfaoooo i was clearly just underdoing the whole 'one artist' ofcourse theres more than one artist that does dance? its a whole genre lmao!
and i said 'not really just dance music that sells' then listed the examples as in that leona shouldnt just switch her genre to dance because her 2nd album (which was way crapper than echo anyway) sold a bit less, i think she shouldve given ballads a 3rd shot and if it didnt work THEN move onto something else because obviously it isn't gonna work. i'm just saying if she stuck to ballads for another album rather than moving onto dance she couldve broke through or summin.. lmaoo!!!

Judas
31-07-2011, 09:39 PM
lmfaoooo i was clearly just underdoing the whole 'one artist' ofcourse theres more than one artist that does dance? its a whole genre lmao!
and i said 'not really just dance music that sells' then listed the examples as in that leona shouldnt just switch her genre to dance because her 2nd album (which was way crapper than echo anyway) sold a bit less, i think she shouldve given ballads a 3rd shot and if it didnt work THEN move onto something else because obviously it isn't gonna work. i'm just saying if she stuck to ballads for another album rather than moving onto dance she couldve broke through or summin.. lmaoo!!!

1) leona's second album WAS echo...

2) why do you keep saying "lmaoo!!!" like anything you are saying is right and that I am the embarrassingly clueless one here? :rolleyes:

3) you suggested that i was saying that dance music is the only music that sells well these days, when that was clearly not what i said.

4) you blatantly have no idea if you think that's how manufactured artists like leona work. she has no say in what her music sounds like, it's up to simon cowell and the people at his label. they weren't gonna spend millions producing a third album for her that sounds exactly like the last two if echo didn't work out as well as they had hoped. leona is a major label artist who is there to make $$$, so they aren't going to take any risks with her

Muct
31-07-2011, 09:44 PM
1) leona's second album WAS echo...

2) why do you keep saying "lmaoo!!!" like anything you are saying is right and that I am the embarrassingly clueless one here? :rolleyes:

3) you suggested that i was saying that dance music is the only music that sells well these days, when that was clearly not what i said.

4) you blatantly have no idea if you think that's how manufactured artists like leona work. she has no say in what her music sounds like, it's up to simon cowell and the people at his label. they weren't gonna spend millions producing a third album for her that sounds exactly like the last two if echo didn't work out as well as they had hoped. leona is a major label artist who is there to make $$$, so they aren't going to take any risks with her
1. oye lmfao.
2. ermmmmmmm whats your point lmaooo!?!
3. if that came accross to you like that then sorry lmao but i didnt mean that AT ALL
4. wow, where did i say she personally shouldve chosen? she's there to produce music, if she doesn't like it she can stuff herself, ofcourse i know that - it's the exact same thing that happened with avril lavignes new album 'goodbye lullaby' when her record lable wanted her to produce another pop album, but she made a deal like 2 years later after arguing to make what the hell the first single as long as she got to make the majority of the album kinda acoustic. i mean that simon cowell shouldve gave leona another shot at ballads before moving onto another genre, because let's be honest, just looking at the dislikes bar this isn't exactly gonna top the charts lollllll!

Judas
31-07-2011, 09:52 PM
3. if that came accross to you like that then sorry lmao but i didnt mean that AT ALL

key parts bolded. :rolleyes:

4. wow, where did i say she personally shouldve chosen?

when you said:

leona shouldnt just switch her genre to dance because her 2nd album (which was way crapper than echo anyway) sold a bit less, i think she shouldve given ballads a 3rd shot

she's there to produce music, if she doesn't like it she can stuff herself, ofcourse i know that - it's the exact same thing that happened with avril lavignes new album 'goodbye lullaby' when her record lable wanted her to produce another pop album, she made a deal to make what the hell the first single as long as she got to make the majority of the album kinda acoustic. i mean that simon cowell shouldve gave leona another shot at ballads before moving onto another genre, because let's be honest, just looking at the dislikes bar this isn't exactly gonna top the charts lollllll!

and since when has the dislike bar on youtube been a good indicator of what is popular? cher lloyd's new travesty of a song has just shot up to number one on itunes in less than 24 hours and that has a huge amount of dislikes. justin bieber's baby was the most disliked thing on youtube at one point and became a hit. you have no valid point here. i can see it flopping just because it's her but you never know.

Muct
31-07-2011, 09:59 PM
key parts bolded. :rolleyes:

when you said:

and since when has the dislike bar on youtube been a good indicator of what is popular? cher lloyd's new travesty of a song has just shot up to number one on itunes in less than 24 hours and that has a huge amount of dislikes. justin bieber's baby was the most disliked thing on youtube at one point and became a hit. you have no valid point here. i can see it flopping just because it's her but you never know.

when i said 'leona' because she does have SOME say in it.. look at who i mentioned before, avril lavigne.. she fought and fought with her record lable until they had to give into her and let her turn her new album into what it is now, they wanted another album filled with pop like the best damn thing...

and justin bieber didnt completely rip the instrumentals of another song, same with cher lloyd, she mightve stolen a bit here and there because shes completely unoriginal but leona just went and ripped practically a whole songs instrumental lmao, plus the song totally isnt her anyway, if i wanted this i'd get kelly rowland or david guettas album. if she's going to do dance atleast add SOMETHING different to it..

Judas
31-07-2011, 10:10 PM
when i said 'leona' because she does have SOME say in it.. look at who i mentioned before, avril lavigne.. she fought and fought with her record lable until they had to give into her and let her turn her new album into what it is now, they wanted another album filled with pop like the best damn thing...

and justin bieber didnt completely rip the instrumentals of another song, same with cher lloyd, she mightve stolen a big here and there because shes completely unoriginal but leona just went and ripped practically a whole songs instrumental lmao, plus the song totally isnt her anyway, if i wanted this i'd get kelly rowland or david guettas album. if she's going to do dance atleast add SOMETHING different to it..

and since when did leona lewis have as much creative control as avril lavigne? leona is signed to syco, the label that don't care at all about the music or what the artist wants, they are there for the money. she is in the hands of simon cowell, so it would be ridiculous to suggest that she gets a say in what is allowed on the album.

no commercial buyer is going to have heard of some random obscure european house dj. but that's irrelevant to what we were talking about anyway, stop going off track, the dislike bar is not a good representation of how much a song is going to sell.

funny how you used kelly rowland as an example. what did kelly do before when love takes over? R&B, soul music... quite similar to leona. so why can't she switch her style up in the same way kelly did - especially when kelly revived her career by doing that.

there is no such thing as original anymore. no one can really offer anything new because someone will always be saying "it's been done before" or "it sounds like this"

Plebings
01-08-2011, 12:57 AM
cher lloyd, she mightve stolen a bit here and there because shes completely unoriginal

Yeah just a 'bit', have you not heard Swagger Jagger?!

DPS
04-08-2011, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPr1RMGMWGk

^^

Much better than the original lol they need to do is remove her voice and thats a perfect dubstep track LOL

wiktoria
04-08-2011, 11:26 AM
hahahahah it's ****. She has a really good voice but wtf is this?

HoozDis
09-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Simon Cowell seems incapable of allowing an artist to follow their own musical direction, he even decides the tracklisting on his artist's albums.. ****.

Matthew
09-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I loved her other albums, Spirit is like the only album that I have of which I love ALL of the songs.

This is just bad

CrazyLemurs
09-08-2011, 05:31 PM
She doesn't do this well. She's a great singer and I love My Hands to death. She should stick to slower, more meaningful songs, and the lyrics here sound a bit... Boring, frankly.
7.3/10

Alkaz
09-08-2011, 05:37 PM
It's ok - I just hope that the album is better. It will be a shame though if they release the album and there are better singles on there that could have been released instead of or at least before this. They did it with Echo which was a massive disappointment as well.

@ above, I love 'my hands' too, the writer of that song tweeted me the other day :]

CrazyLemurs
09-08-2011, 05:45 PM
It's ok - I just hope that the album is better. It will be a shame though if they release the album and there are better singles on there that could have been released instead of or at least before this. They did it with Echo which was a massive disappointment as well.

@ above, I love 'my hands' too, the writer of that song tweeted me the other day :]

Oh really? Do you know him/her personally? And who did write it?

Lamz
09-08-2011, 10:39 PM
i like it

Jazz
10-08-2011, 11:44 AM
oh dear.. this song is bad

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!