PDA

View Full Version : Interracial Breeding

buttons
31-07-2011, 04:02 PM
"Interracial Breeding, or Miscegenation, refers to Marriage or sexual relations between individuals of different races"
dw theres a tl;dr ;l probably should have put a different title but got it off that forum, then again they think albino people are half black, half white

So basically I was looking up the physical differences between races when I came across what I thought was a forum full of well-educated individuals until I saw a thread about 'Racially Incorrect Couples' where they posted pictures of celebrity couples of different races and about how wrong it was. Here are some posts that stuck out to me that I'll put in a spoiler cause there might be a lot ;P:

this is not what nature intended

Bridgette Wilson (married a Greek Jew, such a stunning lady - what a shame)

Just like any other mixed couple, he is with her because he wants to be white and she is with him because she is ashamed of being white.

I really don't see why a goddess like Christina Hendricks would want anything to do with this half Pakistani mut I can only imagine the children......She is a trendy race-mixer just like Heidi Klum.
If it wasn't considered the latest fad you would instead see her with someone of like-ethnicity.

I think most women who end up with a non-White have some sort of emotional or mental problems, which could cause a "dead eyes" look. They are missing something inside.

Justin Bieber turned out to be quite the little race traitor. That's Justin (for those of you who don't know, he's the most popular White kid in America) Bieber kissing Selena Gomez, Disney channel's Mexican child star. This is big trouble for our children who idolize him.

Asian men are so disgusting and ugly. How can anyone fall in love with someone who has no eyes? It makes me so mad the way she throws away her status. If I was a tall model with lots of connections, it wouldn't be hard for me to find plenty of men with perfect genes who were my type. If you're going to go for a racial other, why don't you at least find someone good looking, like a frenchman or Italian? People have the worst taste these days

So after reading these posts from apparently intelligent people of many ages, it got me wondering if I was the one who had a skewed perception of men and women of different races mating. If I see different raced couples on TV or in real life it does not bother me at all because it's common nowadays, although it's usually white females with black males. Is this really not what nature intended, are there any ill effects? Personally I have only ever dated one person of my own race and I'm more attracted to mixed (damn mixed couples produce hot children :S seriously go look up your fave model/actress' etc they're probably mixed) and asians and I know 2 white girls with a preference to black men. Hasn't interracial breeding happened since early years until it became illegal in some places? I did some research on why it is "wrong" for different races to produce mixed babies and I'll just quote some posts from various forums:

i agree, im extremely proud to be European, and i will do whatever it takes to keep my race pure. The father of my children will be selected carefully and screened to eradicate all but pure northern European bloodlines. I can trace my family tree back to the 12th century and it's my job to carry this line on to the next generation.

I would not want a Leb or Indian dating someone from my family who are all Nordish and have fair eyes, hair and skin. Our racial identiy is worth preserving

Simply should not be allowed. It will be a sad day when we are no longer ethnically and culturally pure. The lines are so blurred now. This will be the downfall of western civilization.
- According to these people, we need to keep our European race pure by mating with only other pure European's. Personally I find that ridiculous and although they claim they have pure European family I'm sure that if many, many of the people who use this as an excuse traced back this wouldn't be the case. I read that once an interracial baby is conceived then a whole white family line, thousands of years old while instantly cease to exist and that the only reason an individual is white today is because all of their ancestors mated only with other whites. If someone doesn't want to mate with a different coloured individual based purely on that then I do think that's fair enough but it doesn't mean everyone else has to follow suit. My mum, dad and both grandparents are all European but I'm really not that bothered if I ~ruin~ that line by adding a little variety;) Besides, if I do, the child(ren) won't have my surname, which is a scottish name (even though my dad is only about a quarter scottish.....) so it won't have an effect on the heritage...

Cultural differences can be hard yes but if they're born in to the same society with the same morals then what's the problem? Even if they have their different culture it can still work..

Students who consider themselves of more than one race are more likely to feel depressed, have trouble sleeping, skip school, smoke and drink alcohol, a study says.

Based on national surveys of 90,000 middle school and high school students, the study found that young people of mixed race are at higher risk for stress-related health problems.

- Being mixed race means you have more health problems than if you were one race?:S Apparently this is a sufficient enough reason to not have children because the child will suffer the most. Children could get bulied whether they're full black or half black. There is however a well known fact that it is harder to find bone marrow transplants and organs for mixed race people but does that really mean they should not be born? Considering mixed raced children is rising.. it won't really be a problem

However, the other side of the debate say that there are advantages to being mixed race:

"Shriver's work has uncovered something else that is very interesting. He finds that mixed-race people are more symmetrical than the rest of us, and being more symmetrical translates into being more attractive, having less infection, being less stressed, and having greater genetic diversity."
which totally contradicts what the previous article said about stress-related health problems. I think the stress-related problems may come from the society they live in rather than their genetics.

"Genetic diversity, or heterozygosity, is associated with a lower incidence of some diseases. Genetic diseases, such as hemophilia and Tay-Sachs, occur when a person inherits two copies of a defective gene. This is more likely to happen in isolated populations with little genetic diversity."

SO basically I have no problem with different races getting it on, my only concern would be if there were any health complications to any offspring though it seems they actually have advantages. Otherwise it's totally fine by me but from what I've seen on the internet there are people who extremely disagree.

TL;DR Are you for/against or neutral towards interracial mating? Would you reproduce outside your race? Why or why not? Would rather you debate than just give answers to those questions hence why I put it here.

Accipiter
31-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Death Eaters I tell you!

Personally I don't see a problem with it, these people stating they're 100% European are probably ******s with genetics mixed all over the world... I can't imagine a girl ever asking a man too have an ethnicity test too see where in the world his genetics link up too...

Inseriousity.
31-07-2011, 06:18 PM
You get some right nutters on the internet lol. It's a shame that they'd probably carry over these prejudices in their real life even though I can guarantee that 99% of them will be totally quiet about it. If I love someone, I wouldn't care what their race is and don't see anything wrong with it. There are of course advantages and disadvantages to every situation in life (single parent, homosexual parents, interracial parents etc) but if we were to focus so much on the disadvantages, we'd never have any kids in the first place!

Shar
31-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Its disgusting that some people have this kind of attitude. There's no problem with "interracial breeding" so why make it into one.

Manhattan
31-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Without interracial breeding we'd be a generation of inbreeders and failures.

wixard
31-07-2011, 06:53 PM
the world would be full of ugly if it weren't for people of different races getting together
after reading the comments i just can't take them seriously, it sounds like something my friends would say as a joke

ALTHOUGH, you know that episode of southpark where the people from the future come and they're all brown with round heads and look the same
yeah i think that's gonna happen.

Niall!
31-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I don't mind other people doing it, it's just not for me.

dbgtz
01-08-2011, 01:01 AM
I don't mind other people doing it, it's just not for me.

This. And I never really find some types of women attractive, I wonder if that makes me racist.

Conservative,
01-08-2011, 08:12 AM
My friend was talking about this about a month ago, and his views were very interesting. He said for him, he saw it as wrong, and that whites should be with other whites, blacks with blacks, and so on. I found that rather interesting because I'd never thought of that before, just because it's so common in our society.

However, I have no particular problem with it. I am not mixed race and I can trace both sides my family back to Europe to about 12/13th Century, and personally I don't find any women other than white women attractive, but I'd have no problem if my son/daughter married someone who was not white.

I found the Justin Bieber example quite amusing. To be fair, I didn't know Selena Gomez's family was from Mexico, but even so, Mexicans are white because they're descended from Spanish settlers.

So yeah, I don't have a problem with it but it's not for me.

GommeInc
01-08-2011, 01:05 PM
My God, those posts are awful to read :S Relationships are relationships. All the people whose posts you've quoted are the result of years of interracial breeding with neanderthals and possible imbreeding. There's nothing wrong letting some new blood in the bloodline once in a while. The way they're acting the offspring of different raced parents should come out looking like Friesian cows, when in reality they come out perfectly fine.

Without interracial breeding we'd be a generation of inbreeders and failures.
If those posts are anything to go by, I think it may be too late :/

the.games
14-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Not a problem with it as long as they love each other, it's fine.
Racism is not the way forward

chantellehugs
14-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Students who consider themselves of more than one race are more likely to feel depressed, have trouble sleeping, skip school, smoke and drink alcohol, a study says.

You can't blame being more than one race on these problems, I'm pretty sure it's normal for students to get stressed out, which would probably lead to them skipping school, smoking, drinking, and not being able to sleep. Maybe it's the stress of school, and not the fact that they're more than one race that's causing the problems.

I think the only 'downside' to interracial breeding is the cultural differences. My Mother is Scottish and my Father is Jamaican, and they both had very different opinions on things when I was younger. For example my Father wanted me to have my hair put into braids and visit Jamaica, whereas my Mother said I could have my hair however I wanted to and I didn't have to visit Jamaica if I didn't want to. However that being said, I also think that it is possible for a relationship to survive with cultural differences, if both people are willing to sacrifice and come to agreements on decisions concerning their child/ren.

I'm 100% for interracial breeding. The only issue with my family is my Father, who isn't around. That happens to many families, regardless of whether they're all the same race or not. I've never in my life been bullied about my race, some people in my class used to ask me why I always had my hair down, or why I dressed like a 'white person', and why I spoke in a 'posh' way. That has nothing to do with me being mixed raced, it's just simply who I am.

A bit shocked at some of the posts on here, but I guess they're just opinions.

hamheyelliot
14-08-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm mixed race and I'm pretty sure I turned out to be a normal, stable individual.

That's the basis I'm going on to say I am and always will be for interracial couples, until I see a genuine problem arise because of it and not utter rubbish like 'keeping my lovely bloodline pure'.

Zyzz
14-08-2011, 09:23 PM
You can't blame being more than one race on these problems, I'm pretty sure it's normal for students to get stressed out, which would probably lead to them skipping school, smoking, drinking, and not being able to sleep. Maybe it's the stress of school, and not the fact that they're more than one race that's causing the problems.

I think the only 'downside' to interracial breeding is the cultural differences. My Mother is Scottish and my Father is Jamaican, and they both had very different opinions on things when I was younger. For example my Father wanted me to have my hair put into braids and visit Jamaica, whereas my Mother said I could have my hair however I wanted to and I didn't have to visit Jamaica if I didn't want to. However that being said, I also think that it is possible for a relationship to survive with cultural differences, if both people are willing to sacrifice and come to agreements on decisions concerning their child/ren.

I'm 100% for interracial breeding. The only issue with my family is my Father, who isn't around. That happens to many families, regardless of whether they're all the same race or not. I've never in my life been bullied about my race, some people in my class used to ask me why I always had my hair down, or why I dressed like a 'white person', and why I spoke in a 'posh' way. That has nothing to do with me being mixed raced, it's just simply who I am.

A bit shocked at some of the posts on here, but I guess they're just opinions.

In the quote it says "More likely", which is saying that students are understandably likely to get stressed out etc but more so if you are from 2 races.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!