PDA

View Full Version : Help with SAM +REP

iLogan
31-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey,

Is there a way that I can mute my microphone from being played back to me, but it's still outputted on air, if that makes sense, so I can't hear my mic from sam, but I can still hear the backing track etc?

+REP

Liam
31-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm assuming you're using SAM4, you can't disable that. Downgrade to SAM2 and that feature isn't actually included.

I actually prefer hearing my mic played back to me.

iLogan
01-08-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm using SAM3

peteyt
01-08-2011, 12:27 AM
you can do it by simply disabling the microphone playback on your main computer audio settings - make sure that the microphone input isn't muted but its output is - so you can record and all that but just not hear the playback.

I can't stand having it on either. I tried it before and when I was talking on air and my voice was coming through I'd end up hearing myself and stumbling over my words.

It might be different on a different operating system for example Windows 7 and windows xp audio settings are a bit different. If you have Window's 7 I think it's control panel - hadware and sound - then sound. You'll have a playback and recording tab and it should be on the playback tab I think - I've been using windows 7 a bit now but some things I'm still used to XP for.

iLogan
01-08-2011, 12:36 AM
you can do it by simply disabling the microphone playback on your main computer audio settings - make sure that the microphone input isn't muted but its output is - so you can record and all that but just not hear the playback.

I can't stand having it on either. I tried it before and when I was talking on air and my voice was coming through I'd end up hearing myself and stumbling over my words.

It might be different on a different operating system for example Windows 7 and windows xp audio settings are a bit different. If you have Window's 7 I think it's control panel - hadware and sound - then sound. You'll have a playback and recording tab and it should be on the playback tab I think - I've been using windows 7 a bit now but some things I'm still used to XP for.

Isn't that if you "Listen to Device" on so you can hear you mic 24/7.

With SAM the mic is only played if it's on via Voice FX.

peteyt
01-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Isn't that if you "Listen to Device" on so you can hear you mic 24/7.

With SAM the mic is only played if it's on via Voice FX.

I think if you mute the microphone's playback on your pc it will mute it on sam to.

In other words I have it muted on windows and so when I hold to click or simply unlock the microphone on sam I can talk and then lock it to play music. When I talk I don't hear myself because my pc is set not to playback my microphone. There might be a separate setting to mute the playback on SAM but as far as I remember you just need to mute it on your pc itself.

Lamz
01-08-2011, 09:08 AM
You can do this by:

clicking Config on Voice FX
where it says "Voice FX Destination" click encoders.

Output will still go to the radio but you wont hear it.

Image:
http://i.imgur.com/iYwpD.png

Mark
01-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Ask Richie if all fails, he's pro

iLogan
01-08-2011, 12:36 PM
You can do this by:

clicking Config on Voice FX
where it says "Voice FX Destination" click encoders.

Output will still go to the radio but you wont hear it.

Image:
http://i.imgur.com/iYwpD.png

Thanks Lamar, I +REP'd you in the other thread.

NEXT QUESTION: I did this the other day so I know it's possible,

How do you make VAC playback what I'm hearing from SAM (not the encoder output) and relay it to Skype? Remember my mic is going to have to be included in the VAC setup as it's muted on what I hear from SAM, oh and remember I'm Double DJing whilst I do this so likes 1 - 4 are occupied.

Thanks

+REP once again

Lamz
01-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks Lamar, I +REP'd you in the other thread.

NEXT QUESTION: I did this the other day so I know it's possible,

How do you make VAC playback what I'm hearing from SAM (not the encoder output) and relay it to Skype? Remember my mic is going to have to be included in the VAC setup as it's muted on what I hear from SAM, oh and remember I'm Double DJing whilst I do this so likes 1 - 4 are occupied.

Thanks

+REP once again

it should work even with the playback muted

iLogan
01-08-2011, 01:03 PM
it should work even with the playback muted

No, I mean I need it so the people on Skype can hear SAM (like the backing track and music)

Lamz
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM
No, I mean I need it so the people on Skype can hear SAM (like the backing track and music)

is that even possible???

iLogan
01-08-2011, 01:15 PM
is that even possible???

Yeah, it's to do with the microphone input you set for sam

Lamz
01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah, it's to do with the microphone input you set for sam

lol, when u find a way... let me know

iLogan
01-08-2011, 01:33 PM
lol, when u find a way... let me know

Line 1 > Microsoft Sound Mapper
Microphone > Line 2
Line 1 > Line 2

Set Skype mic. to Line 2

peteyt
01-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah its possible although last time I did it I had a problem with feedback and stuff.

Conservative,
01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Mute in top left hand corner. ;) I used to use SAM3 but I couldn't be bothered to mute all the time so I went to SAM 2 - much better imo.

The "mute" mutes your SAM, but not your mic - so you can still hear/talk on skype etc.

Richie
01-08-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm assuming you're using SAM4, you can't disable that. Downgrade to SAM2 and that feature isn't actually included.

I actually prefer hearing my mic played back to me.

Don't give advice if you clearly haven't a clue.

On Sam 4 click config and "Mixer (record to pipeline)" should be selected, change it to "Encoders (record to pipeline, skip output)".

iLogan
01-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Don't give advice if you clearly haven't a clue.

On Sam 4 click config and "Mixer (record to pipeline)" should be selected, change it to "Encoders (record to pipeline, skip output)".

Thanks Richie, it's already been answered above, but I'll +REP you anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!