PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory (Amazing acoustic version)

Judas
02-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Thought I'd make a thread just for this because of how amazing it is, one of my favourite Gaga acoustic performances ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GMgkcc2KM

=Lizzy
02-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I love lady gaga so much!
This is a really good in my opinion.

Suspective
02-08-2011, 06:37 PM
It is a really good performance.
And proves that she's a brilliant artist. Only the best sound as good as they do on records live without all the optimization, auto-tune etc.

Judas
02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
It is a really good performance.
And proves that she's a brilliant artist. Only the best sound as good as they do on records live without all the optimization, auto-tune etc.

indeed

and on her first album she did just have a lot of autotuned and brainless dancy songs, i guess you could say some of them were very generic, and you couldn't hear her talents through the songs, so people just got an idea of her of another talentless pop singer, but now she does things like this, people still choose to remember only how basic her music was during the fame. but even then, she played some killer acoustic versions like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8SrlbpJ5A

i think that's my favourite one from the fame era.

i can't understand anyone that says she isn't talented and nothing without all the gimmicks when you see her stripped down performances like these.

Kyran
02-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm not usually a fan of Lady Gaga's music, but I do like this song!

Judas
02-08-2011, 07:06 PM
here's the other from this session if anyone's interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWtcRL03FVo&feature=related

Plebings
02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Which songs from the fame did you think were generic then?

Probably Just Dance and Eh Eh for me, Summerboy and Disco Heaven are my favourites :x

Judas
03-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Which songs from the fame did you think were generic then?

Probably Just Dance and Eh Eh for me, Summerboy and Disco Heaven are my favourites :x

just dance for sure even though i love it. also lovegame, which i like, and eh eh, money honey too, those two i'm not fond of. i'd say if someone came out with something like poker face now it would seem generic even though at the time it was kind of different. if she had released poker face as the first single, i'm sure her career would have panned out very differently. to me, just dance was like "the gateway" into her career, it was generic enough to be a huge hit but also a little bit weirder just to grab people's attention, then poker face was kind of something a bit different to what was around at the time and people gave it a chance because they knew just dance.

disco heaven is one of my least favourite gaga songs of all time ewwwwwwwwwwww!! summerboy is cute though :D

Shar
03-08-2011, 02:32 AM
I love the acoustic version of this! She's quite amazing when she does acoustic versions of her songs.

Plebings
03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
just dance for sure even though i love it. also lovegame, which i like, and eh eh, money honey too, those two i'm not fond of. i'd say if someone came out with something like poker face now it would seem generic even though at the time it was kind of different. if she had released poker face as the first single, i'm sure her career would have panned out very differently. to me, just dance was like "the gateway" into her career, it was generic enough to be a huge hit but also a little bit weirder just to grab people's attention, then poker face was kind of something a bit different to what was around at the time and people gave it a chance because they knew just dance.

disco heaven is one of my least favourite gaga songs of all time ewwwwwwwwwwww!! summerboy is cute though :D

I'm a sucker for guitars (even though I hate speechless) Just Dance is my least favourite pick of them all though

Eric
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
This is one of my favourite song from Lady Gaga

And that was just an amazing performance.

Judas
03-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm a sucker for guitars (even though I hate speechless) Just Dance is my least favourite pick of them all though

you hate speechless? i love that song, even though i've kinda gone off it recently, i don't really listen to it anymore. but it's still a good song. you like electric chapel then?

james,
03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
this is quite good and I like GaGa's songs so yeh!

GoldenMerc
03-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Really nice song!

Plebings
03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah one of the highlights for me, sounds like what Heavy Metal Lover should have sounded like ;)

Slowpoke
03-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Does no-one love You & I? :(

Judas
03-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah one of the highlights for me, sounds like what Heavy Metal Lover should have sounded like ;)

i love heavy metal lover! those two songs are two of the stand outs for me. i just love the different genre influences on them

Does no-one love You & I? :(

yeeeees!!

Slowpoke
03-08-2011, 03:58 PM
omfg good, You & I is soooo good! I wasn't keen on it as a single at first but it sounds amazing on the radio

Judas
03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
omfg good, You & I is soooo good! I wasn't keen on it as a single at first but it sounds amazing on the radio

yeah, i loved it since she started playing it live last year then got a bit bored, then when i heard the album version i was like woooow. i love her for trying new things, and i love it even more when it pays off. glad it's getting a single release, even though i wasn't too sure about it being chosen at first

Matthew
05-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I actually prefer her acoustic version on radio 1's big weekend

contains a swear word right at the start.. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6aybjUQkU

GirlNextDoor15
05-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Very catchy song and she looks classy there, imo.
She can sing and I think it's a good thing?

Matthew
05-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Very catchy song and she looks classy there, imo.
She can sing and I think it's a good thing?

of course its a good thing lol

Jazz
05-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Im not a massive fan of lady gaga, but that acoustic version is really great!

orientalframe?
05-08-2011, 01:50 PM
The acoustic version is brilliant. I love most of Lady Gaga's songs anyway. :P

Judas
05-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I actually prefer her acoustic version on radio 1's big weekend

contains a swear word right at the start.. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6aybjUQkU

I love that one too. The fact it was completely impromptu makes it way better as well

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!