PDA

View Full Version : iCloud

Casio
04-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Has anyone else used it, it seems pretty pointless to me, but has a good UI

Recursion
04-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Yes, but I don't see how it's pointless, It syncs all your documents/mail/notes/tasks/calendars between iPad/iPhone/Mac/PC.

Casio
05-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes, but I don't see how it's pointless, It syncs all your documents/mail/notes/tasks/calendars between iPad/iPhone/Mac/PC.

I don't know how to that might be why. Although I have iOS 5 beta 3

Johno
05-08-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't know how to that might be why. Although I have iOS 5 beta 3

I believe you need a developer account to sign up for iCloud at the moment? Not just be on a developers device list.

HotelUser
05-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Since I have an iMac iPhone and iPad (oh yes I am as bad as it gets) I want to try this. I don't have a dev account though.

Casio
06-08-2011, 08:27 AM
I believe you need a developer account to sign up for iCloud at the moment? Not just be on a developers device list.

I do have a developers account, I can access all features of iCloud with my Apple ID. Currently on there I can use Find my iPhone and Contacts as that's what I have backed up. But I don't have an @me.com email so this is no use to me, nor is Calender since I don't use it and as for iWork, I have never used that :P (iCloud for Numbers, Pages and Keynote)

james,
06-08-2011, 09:28 AM
I want to try this, but idk if its good lol

peteyt
06-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't have anything Apple can't really afford to at the moment but I'd love a mac pro laptop and iphone, I just can't see the point in the iPad however.

It does sound a good idea because I'm on the go a lot and would be handy if I had any work to do or show someone. Mean's I've always got copies I can show, and means there's always a backup somewhere.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!