PDA

View Full Version : Job interview

Sanpod
04-08-2011, 09:31 PM
I have a job interview tomorrow at Boots. I know that part of the interview is to work on the shop floor and get a feel for the place. Do you have any hints or tips that might help this go smoothly? They said that I must be dressed smartly - is a suit okay? :)

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Mark
04-08-2011, 10:20 PM
I think a suit would be fine, just try and think of questions that you think they'd ask you or research popular questions/topics they cover and make sure you have an answer for them. Don't be too self centred and basically show/tell them that you can offer them something.

Emmz
04-08-2011, 10:25 PM
A Suit should be fine, good luck :) i need to get a job too haha ! tell us how u get on, i was thinking of working in boots too :P

Deak
04-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Suit will be fine! Just try to be as confident as possible & try to answer any questions they ask you the best you can.
Do some research like Mark says about the company.
Make sure you turn up 10-15 mins early if possible as this is always a good start.
Final thing - good luck :D

Jordan:A
05-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Good Luck :)
Say stuff like you all ways shop at boots so you know around the shop quite well, also don't say if you have any holidays coming up (even if they ask you)

Kaseythegreat
05-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Im not sure which store your talking about.. but wouldnt a suit be a little too dressy? Why not a button up shirt with a matching tie and some nice pants? Just my suggestion. Also, be very confident. Act like you have been doing it for years. lol. Good Luck!

Recursion
05-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Im not sure which store your talking about.. but wouldnt a suit be a little too dressy? Why not a button up shirt with a matching tie and some nice pants? Just my suggestion. Also, be very confident. Act like you have been doing it for years. lol. Good Luck!

Agreed. For this type of job I wouldn't expect to wear a suit for the interview.

Sanpod
05-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Agreed. For this type of job I wouldn't expect to wear a suit for the interview.

I had my prom suit so I thought I may as well use it again. In the end I didn't wear a suit, would have been way over the top seeing as the manager was wearing a nice pair of trousers and a top! :)

---------- Post added 05-08-2011 at 10:47 AM ----------

A Suit should be fine, good luck :) i need to get a job too haha ! tell us how u get on, i was thinking of working in boots too :P

It was really good and the manager was really friendly! They make you do a few exercises face to face with the customers and they ask you all the normal questions.

---------- Post added 05-08-2011 at 10:49 AM ----------

Good Luck :)
Say stuff like you all ways shop at boots so you know around the shop quite well, also don't say if you have any holidays coming up (even if they ask you)

Thank you for the tips - and thanks to everyone else! :)

Angel-Light
05-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Ah yes the interview at Boots :P Did you have to find the cheapest paracetamol and give out advantage cards to customers?

Hard to believe this October I will have worked at Boots for 3 years >.<

Hope it goes well for you :) Just be expected to know a lot about different products :P What was the position for? Putting out stock? Sales Assistant?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!