PDA

View Full Version : msn Alternatives

Emmz
05-08-2011, 09:16 PM
hey everyone, i think this is in the right subject topic but if it is not, im sorry :D
i just wanted to know if anyone knows any lightweight msn platform alternatives, i dont like the new msn as it is slow ect and takes alot of memory on my pc.
If anyone has any alternatives then please list them :D
i dont usually like web browser ones such as meebo tho :P
Thanks

Thread moved by Shar (Forum Moderator) from "Discuss Anything" as its better suited here!

dbgtz
05-08-2011, 09:18 PM
skype.

GoldenMerc
05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Facebook i guess is becoming more and more like msn

Red
05-08-2011, 09:25 PM
ebuddy is what I use cos mac msn don't work. I think its like the best one. Theres others like messenger fx. Theres palringo as well. I think you download it.

Shar
05-08-2011, 09:25 PM
I currently use pidgin because the new msn won't let me sign in :)

Special
05-08-2011, 09:31 PM
i stopped using msn about 2 years ago, literally the same people were online day in day out and i didn't even know them, just use facebook

Emmz
05-08-2011, 10:26 PM
i have skype on my netbook but i dont have alot of memory for my pc,
i have facebook
ebuddy is alright but i would rather download something
yeh i tried pidgin but i get bored lol

But thanks anyway everyone :)

Neversoft
05-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Why don't you just downgrade your msn?

Mark
05-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Why don't you just downgrade your msn?

This really, I downgraded back to 2009, got the link from filehippo. If not just go to ebuddy.com

Shar
05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
There's also amsn

I've tried downgrading to 2009 but it won't let me sign in either ;/

Flisker
06-08-2011, 12:01 AM
http://www.trillian.im/
http://pidgin.im/

peteyt
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Downgrade your MSN or use one of the suggestions mentioned.

However I would not use Facebook Chat as a complete alternative if you wan't to chat regularly. While it's not bas bad as it was it still is quite buggy and seems to often disconnect people for no reason.

Also with the new MSN have you tried the classic look. There's a button near the top where you can hide the facebook feed and have it kind of classic like. It took me a bit to get used to but now I love it as I can talk to people from MSN and Facebook and a few other social networks all at once. Save's me having to go to other sites to talk to people.

Emmz
07-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, i tried downgrading my msn a few months ago but ended up with problems signing in and a whole bunvch of virus's (haha) i have tried amsn but i didnt like it much, i might just get the new msn and deal with it :( Yeah im not fond of the facebook chat (especially since they upgraded it)
Thanks for your suggestions :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!