PDA

View Full Version : A little idea... [Will probably get rejected though...]

Biseinen
20-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Okay well, on here we get into arguements and so on and people like to post funny images (Some have swearing in, some have other things in...) But we can't do that and when we wanna let off steam on here or whatknot, we can't... I have to say this is poo in stead of "This su'cks" and it get's annoying...

So, my proposal is that you make an over 18 (or 16, I don't know) And as people register, they have an option to either be able to see it or not to see it (can change at any time) to be able to swear... (Minimum) and post pictures that would be considered "Not acceptable" on Habbox/Habbo.

And, if you wanted to make sure that everyone was 18... (or 16) show form of ID, scan it on? Or somthing, I dunno, that last bit is a bit hard to do... But yeah, thats my idea and I'm sure alot of people would want this... Maybe... I dunno... No... >_>

Umm, yeah.

<3

KickerFliper
20-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Wouldnt work, Habbox would be taken off, VB had strict rules that theres no swearing and if there is the post has to be deleted ASAP.

I know sites being closed for it.

And someone could simply steal your ID print it and laminate lol

Biseinen
20-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Wouldnt work, Habbox would be taken off, VB had strict rules that theres no swearing and if there is the post has to be deleted ASAP.

That's the most stupidest thing I've heard at my time at HabboxForum. (I'm an honest person, so don't expect me to be a closed book).

But thats stupid, because I own a total of 3 VB forums and there is no rule/clause in VB's handbook about no swearing.

I also know TON'S of Forums run by Vbulleton and swear nonstop on their forums and they're still there and have been running since 2002.

KickerFliper
20-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Habbox made the agreement, AND REMOVE THAT FROM YOUR SIGNATURE!

properclone
20-08-2005, 04:52 PM
well thats stupid, habbo's lowest age is 11 and goes up to high teens, if we restricted it that would blow half of habbo's users out of our reach, just so you can swear :S

lots of over 16's or 18's dislike swearing anyway.

Okay well, on here we get into arguements and so on and people like to post funny images (Some have swearing in, some have other things in...) But we can't do that and when we wanna let off steam on here or whatknot, we can't... I have to say this is poo in stead of "This su'cks" and it get's annoying...

So, my proposal is that you make an over 18 (or 16, I don't know) And as people register, they have an option to either be able to see it or not to see it (can change at any time) to be able to swear... (Minimum) and post pictures that would be considered "Not acceptable" on Habbox/Habbo.

And, if you wanted to make sure that everyone was 18... (or 16) show form of ID, scan it on? Or somthing, I dunno, that last bit is a bit hard to do... But yeah, thats my idea and I'm sure alot of people would want this... Maybe... I dunno... No... >_>

Umm, yeah.

<3

Biseinen
20-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Yes, Habbo's lowest age is 11, but you also have users that are above 16. Just because some members are at a young age, means we have to talk about Yu-Gi-Oh cards and power rangers? No.

It should be an open forum (The over 16/18 part if it came to be) where you don't have to worry about what you say or how you say it, (With some exceptions to certain things, like racist comments and so on).

I don't swear constantly but theres somethings I would like to say in my posts which would not be suitable for an 11 year old but suitable from 14 onwards becausemof the maturity level.

8Freak8
20-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Properclone, I think he means an over 16s forum.

Its an ok idea Trunks but how would we know who was over 16? I dont think it should be done even if we were able to check peoples ages.

I do agree with what you say about su'cks though. As long as it has the suffix "s", su'cks is not a swear word. Only su'ck should be filtered NOT su'cks.

Of course, if someone wants to prove me wrong by saying a sentence where the offensive word is su'cks, go ahead and prove me wrong.

Biseinen
20-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Thank you, 8Freak8. I do agree with you on the fact that checking peoples ages would be a hard thing, but not impossible. Just hard. >_<

Or, just if you couldn't check give a notice popup bofore entering saying to the person who is about to enter the Subforum something like...

" You're about to enter a Sub-forum that is typically natured 16+, if you do not wish to enter this subforum please close this window, if you consent to being over the age of 16, please press yes. Remember, you're entering at your own consent and not of Habbox's.
Habbox still moderates this forum but with less rules, to see a full list of what you can do and what you cannot, go to the FAQ."

Or w/e. :p

KickerFliper
20-08-2005, 05:49 PM
1) Only bad rep for PROPER REASONS not as I bad repped you for dissagreeing with a post.

2) Im not sure I know many over 16's intrested in Dragon Ball Z or w.e so im thinking your around 10 or something.

3) Freak - Su'ck - Filtered Su'cks - Filtered except the S on the end

Do not ban me for this as it was a asked question by a staff member :D

Roboevil
20-08-2005, 05:54 PM
It seems too much hassle for a few members, besides, why do we need to swear? And over 18? What do you expect people to post? o.0.

KickerFliper
20-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Lol Robo.

Theres one that sprung straight to mind, but its to horried to say :P

Sides what if hackers abuse it, swear excessivly. Its an easy target!

properclone
22-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Of course, if someone wants to prove me wrong by saying a sentence where the offensive word is su'cks, go ahead and prove me wrong.

8Freak8 su'cks bum.

sierk1
22-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Even habbos over 16 or 18 can enjoy the forum without swearing, if that is a problem for them I suggest they go somewhere else. There really is no need to swear to express your opinion.

Eamonn
22-08-2005, 07:47 PM
and just because your 18+ doesnt mean you can swear

Biseinen
22-08-2005, 08:45 PM
I don't swear because I can, I swear sometimes because it's the only form of 'emotion' that fits that selected time.

GommeInc
22-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I also think it is a bad idea, swearing when it is not neccessary and going over and posting images that contain swear words or images saying "This is an interesting thread" just shows immaturity and of you want to "let off steam" just swear infront of your computer =/

KickerFliper
22-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Well said Gomme!

Just swear at the computer! Not on it!

GommeInc
23-08-2005, 12:21 AM
I am amazed you understood what I just said :P I wrote that quickly before I went somewhere

andrew
23-08-2005, 12:55 AM
I don't think it will be happening.. I know admin's probably don't have any plan's to review image's of people's id's so you can cancel that out. Even if they did that some 12 year old could go copy his brother's/friend's/dad's whatever. Second if you put a warning on that part of the site the younger people will just ignore it and go on. It's not worth it. It would also cause way more fight's and pointless flame war's, all to left off a little steam. As it's been said before.. if you want to go fight and swear go do it on another forum.

Mentor
23-08-2005, 03:30 AM

I know sites being closed for it.

And someone could simply steal your ID print it and laminate lol
What?? Vbullten provides a forum system, they cant control what there used for "/ and theres deffi;y nothing about swaring in there TOS "/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!