PDA

View Full Version : Freezing PS3

Zeptis
06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
My playstation 3 is 4 years old and automatically freezes after about 20-30 minutes if usage. I believe this to be for a number of reasons.

(most likely this one) It is getting oldd and is taking a dump on itself

My parents put a parental control timer on it -.-

The fan and air filter are getting to dusty (since the fan goes on overload and over heats around the time of its freezing, this may also be do to age

Although I don't wanna fix it since I'm getting a new one today, I would stilll like to know why it's doing this. Do you guys think its for one of the reasons above or another. Please reply your answer :)

Thread moved by Oleh (Forum Moderator): From Console and Computer Gaming as I feel it more suited here

Matthew
06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
well most likely old age but idk

iAdam
06-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Doubt it's the parental timer.

Most likely because air and fan filters haven't been cleaned regularly and less likely to be old age.

At the end of the day they are computers and I wouldn't allow my computer to go 4 years without dusting inside especially if my computer was as compact as a console.

Oleh
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Is this the 40gb version? If so turn it off at the back then hold eject and flip the switch. The fans will spin the fastest they can, it cleans the system as well as makes the fan sound better.

If your on 60gb, just tip it upside down whilst its on.

This could solve your problems.

Zeptis
06-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Doubt it's the parental timer.

Most likely because air and fan filters haven't been cleaned regularly and less likely to be old age.

At the end of the day they are computers and I wouldn't allow my computer to go 4 years without dusting inside especially if my computer was as compact as a console.

I didn't know you can open it to clean the fans, But like I said above, Im getting a new one today anyway.

Is this the 40gb version? If so turn it off at the back then hold eject and flip the switch. The fans will spin the fastest they can, it cleans the system as well as makes the fan sound better.

If your on 60gb, just tip it upside down whilst its on.

This could solve your problems.

Im not sure which it is

iAdam
06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I didn't know you can open it to clean the fans, But like I said above, Im getting a new one today anyway.

Don't open it, just take it outside and use an air duster. That should get rid of the worst of it. I do my pc everyone 4 monthsish but I can open that up, I'd do a console every month.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!