Fez
07-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I am dreading it.

Hollie.
07-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Good luck, you will do alot better then me lol

Mr-Trainor
07-08-2011, 11:25 PM
I'd rather just get them now and have it over with :P. But then I don't know if I want to know them lol :(.

dbgtz
08-08-2011, 01:15 AM
I know I've failed 4 subjects, ICT, Information (a basic form of ICT), French, and PE.

I will now rant. I failed the ICT from crap teachers. They tell me different things constantly, starting with one saying he will check the work so it can be submitted, but then goes and submits it. It didn't shock me from this teacher though, he didn't even know who I was despite having had him half a year or so. Then, from his ******edness I get told I just failed. OK, I could easily resubmit it. Oh wait, no I couldn't according to them, but when I was edexcel I can, but when I tell them this the time to submit the work already passed (utter bull crap). Then they say as I nearly passed, I could do another unit and if it's good enough I will pass both. Gaining my suspicions too late after a long think in hospital (of which they did not bother offering assistance with any work), I email edexcel asking if this is possible and they say no. I tell them this and they say "oh, sometimes it happens". By this time, it was too late anyway and I just couldn't be bothered anymore with their constant ******* around but then I get screwed over again as my coursework wasn't compatible with IE. OK, so I fix that and send in a revised one which works and THEY DON'T EVEN ******* SUBMIT THE WORK!

The other ICT was my own fault, too tedious work lead me astray and I got bored. However the teacher never bothered to check on my coursework, I don't mind that if it was for everyone but when he checks others it does piss me off a little. French was just because the teachers were bad, and this was probably true considering everyone in my year done better at german before being forced to do french for GCSE. And PE is partially because of my operation and the cause of it (but also being not a sporty person). This was good as I did not need to do pratical assessment so even though I will do badly, I would have probably done worse if I was capable of doing it and done it.

I'm thinking of other subjects now. I am supposedly getting some potential leniancy from my operation, if I do or not is a different thing. Hopefully it's 2As for the English subjects, however it appears my teacher overmarked our work at points so I'm wondering now if I done enough for the exam and coursework.Anyway, hopefully an A for maths and hopefully an A or B for additional maths. 4 distinctions from business is in the bag already though pretty much (I will complain to the school if I get less considering my teacher told me that it is what she guesses I will get so any majour difference and I will moan like hell). Sciences is going to be really iffy for me, as I missed so much of the extension stuff that most was self taught. I feel like I have got at least Cs in them but I really hope for more, but I probably won't.

TL;DR I have **** teachers in the technology department of my school and my results are really not predictable.

oh also I am of course nervous.

Kieron
08-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Not looking forward to my results ... especially science and english, im pretty sure i have failed them both :(

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 02:20 AM ----------

forgot to add...Good Luck everyone!

Chippiewill
08-08-2011, 02:27 AM
My attitude to results day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4

Not really too worried about it all, I expect one C at most for French (Although I'm fairly confident that I might have gotten a B, I actually get that on the 9th because my exam board for that is nonconformist for some reason) and the rest upwards of that, I reckon I'll have a couple of A*s somewhere.

Good luck to everyone and uh.. "Don't worry.. 'bout a thing"

Jordan
08-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Oh god,

I took, Biology and Chemistry. History (retake). Geography. English. Maths (ithink).

Something like that anything. I know I have done good in Geography. Though I am dreading History I am absolutely crap at it, why did i take it :( - Maths well I'll do alright not amazingly. English, meh. fail. and then the two sciences, I want to get A's on these and I have a feeling I've just missed the A's, So i might have to retake these

Chris
08-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I remember my results day. I was a bit nervous to open them but they turned out okay!

Good luck everyone!

kuzkasate
08-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm in Russia at the moment so I won't be able to collect them - but I am wondering, will all of them be there by the 25th?

j0rd
08-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I have to pick up my English resit on that day :(

Good luck everyone!

Fez
09-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Dyscalculas ftw.

iJess
10-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I have my Chemistry and Physics and I failed I think (H)

Ajthedragon
10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Think I'm gonna fail graphics and german.

Lost all my A's too I think loolool.

simplymagic
11-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Arhh i remember the days of GCSE results haha. I did ok however i failed english (D) and then when i went to enroll @college, they said i cant do any a levels apart from games (lol, as if i would do games for a subject anyway) so I had to retake english and do psychology at gcse. year later I got a C in english through revision and stuff and moved onto a levels. Good luck with your results !

iBlueBox
15-08-2011, 01:04 PM
If I've failed anyway, it's going to be these 3,

D.T Graphics.
Mathematics.
Art.

iSophisticate
15-08-2011, 01:10 PM
im looking forward to it

Ajthedragon
15-08-2011, 01:25 PM
10 days. :(

Hollie
15-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I've got physics, chemistry, biology and some maths that I've probably failed :{

Yupt
15-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Not looking forward to it LOL

I failed art.. LOL

iBlueBox
16-08-2011, 03:20 PM

I failed art.. LOL

Hated GCSE art with a passion.

dbgtz
16-08-2011, 05:01 PM

I failed art.. LOL

I never got the point of doing art as a qualification, as isn't art just not meant to express emotion or ****. I'm imagining your coursework pieces have to be very co ordinated rather then just using your imagination?

AgnesIO
16-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Think I'm gonna fail graphics and german.

Lost all my A's too I think loolool.

German I wouldn't be shocked to see a D. RM I want a C

Everything else anything less than a B will be a fail for me.

HoozDis
16-08-2011, 05:40 PM
GCSEs don' mean sheet

Ajthedragon
16-08-2011, 07:48 PM
German I wouldn't be shocked to see a D. RM I want a C

Everything else anything less than a B will be a fail for me.

What's worst is that I'm actually part german and about to get a D.

Jazz
16-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I know I have failed ICT, but the others I think I did alright on

Hopefully I have good enough grades to get into my level course at College! :D

Canlops
16-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I know I have failed ICT, but the others I think I did alright on

Hopefully I have good enough grades to get into my level course at College! :D

Our ICT teacher was awful and left us near the end - we had only done half a piece of coursework! Thank god our cover ICT teacher knew what they were talking about!

AgnesIO
16-08-2011, 09:10 PM
GCSEs don' mean sheet

True in most cases. Although a friend of mine is going on to do Commercial Law. After Law School any people who look to take her on expect her to have A's in everything - including GCSE's.

Jazz
16-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Our ICT teacher was awful and left us near the end - we had only done half a piece of coursework! Thank god our cover ICT teacher knew what they were talking about!

Similar situation with us, our ICT teacher left half way through Unit 2 Coursework, and we were given a new teacher who didnt teach us anything, so I missed a whole Unit of coursework (the biggest unit) then we were given two other ICT teachers lol

Canlops
16-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Similar situation with us, our ICT teacher left half way through Unit 2 Coursework, and we were given a new teacher who didnt teach us anything, so I missed a whole Unit of coursework (the biggest unit) then we were given two other ICT teachers lol

Every single full time ICT teacher I've had has been rubbish!

cocaine
16-08-2011, 09:49 PM
wish i was doing gcses again :( i was never too nervous about them and did alright in the end. im awaiting a level results on thursday, now that is nerve-wracking :P good luck to everyone who's done gcses, sure you all did well

Nuxty
16-08-2011, 10:34 PM
I dunno what to expect tbh :(

Canlops
17-08-2011, 09:14 AM
wish i was doing gcses again :( i was never too nervous about them and did alright in the end. im awaiting a level results on thursday, now that is nerve-wracking :P good luck to everyone who's done gcses, sure you all did well

Good luck! :)

Chippiewill
19-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I've had my French result, I got a C which is what I expected (It's was just below a B) and I didn't realise but I just got my additional maths results today in the post because apparently they arrive at the same time as a-level results. I got an A in that (A* is not possible for that exam) so I'm really happy with that, I really didn't expect to quite get that (I was expecting a high B). I know it's not technically a GCSE but I felt it was more appropriate here than the A-Level thread.

Fez
20-08-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm nervous but I'm not sure what for, like I know 'good luck' and all that but I always do badly on one exam and the question I have to ask is exactly which one.

Jordan:A
20-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Good Luck everyone - I remember going to collect mine, I grabbed the results, filled a form in and then legged it lmao!

Amberr
21-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Oh my god i actually forgot about results... **** never realised it's this week. Well i know already i've failed French lmao, as some of the topics came up in the exam we never even covered.... shows how much of a great school i went to.

Ajthedragon
21-08-2011, 08:46 AM
4 days omg. Beginning the get a little nervous now!

chantellehugs
21-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Everytime someone mentions results day I feel a pit form in my stomach...
I don't think I've failed anything, because the exams I took only add up to a certain percentage of the overall GCSE. I've already got A's in Maths and ICT and B's in Science, Add Science and English Language. I'm really nervous about Physics though, I did really badly in the exam but my coursework and past exams have been pretty good so hopefully I'll manage to get at least a B.
I'm going to ask one of my friends to put the results in my folder so I can't see them until I get home, I don't want to cry in front of the year if I don't do well.

Randomme
21-08-2011, 12:05 PM
I CAN'T WAIT FOR PHYSICS AND ENGLISH MAN, DREADIN MATHS THOUGH

I JUST DONE MODULES THIS YEAR ;D

Lamz
21-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Positive thinking...

Hope you get the results you want! :D
I did... apart from maths :(

Amberr
24-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow, it has really hit me now, i don't think i've ever been so nervous, can't stop bloody shaking. If i disappear from the forum then i've got bad results and having a mental breakdown lmao.

dbgtz
24-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Wow, it has really hit me now, i don't think i've ever been so nervous, can't stop bloody shaking. If i disappear from the forum then i've got bad results and having a mental breakdown lmao.

Haha, up until today I've been really chilled and I am also really nervous now :P Not as much as you, but still nervous. Now trying to access my online ones but, as I guessed, the results aren't up yet :(

Oleh
24-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Do you guys think my GCSE Math's results will be at school tommorow (I'm in 6th form).

Because I'm not hauling my lazy backside down there to find out they aren't.

Yupt
25-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Good luck everyone! I hope we all get what we need!

I was quite nervous earlier but I am feeling a little better, mainly because I know i'll be going to Festival soon after anyway lmfao.

I will post my results here when I can ;)

iJess
25-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Waaah am I the only one who gets their results in September? :(
Well, I've only taken Physics and Chemistry and I want to see how much I've failed :L

Nuct
25-08-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm off to get mine in just a few minutes. Good luck everyone! :)

chantellehugs
25-08-2011, 08:09 AM
I had a nightmare that I only passed 2 subjects with a C and D and I woke up with this utter feeling of devastation until I realised it must have been a dream as it's too early! my stomach is tying itself in knots! 2 hours to go till I get mine! :'(

AgnesIO
25-08-2011, 08:16 AM
I had a nightmare that I only passed 2 subjects with a C and D and I woke up with this utter feeling of devastation until I realised it must have been a dream as it's too early! my stomach is tying itself in knots! 2 hours to go till I get mine! :'(

Half ten for us :)

Hollie
25-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Im going to get mine at 10, so nervous :(

-Heart
25-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Going in around 10ish then off for a long hard day at work, oh what a **** **** day this will be. Not to worry though, I've got my crate of Bud and big bottle of vodka prepared incase the worst happens, which it will.

AgnesIO
25-08-2011, 08:58 AM
I am officially nervous.

Judas
25-08-2011, 09:04 AM
4 A*s, 2 As, 4 B s, 1 C and 1 D

pretty happy tbh

AgnesIO
25-08-2011, 09:10 AM

pretty happy tbh

What were the C and D in? And the A*'s?

Big well done :)

chantellehugs
25-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Well done, they're really good! I hope I get at least 1 A*!

pretty happy tbh

AgnesIO
25-08-2011, 09:15 AM

My mate just got 2A*'s, 8A's and 1 C :P

That will make mine look bad.

Judas
25-08-2011, 09:16 AM

Thanks Chantelle! I'm sure you will do great :)

What were the C and D in? And the A*'s?

Big well done :)

The A*s were all DiDa haha, the C was in Additional Science and the D was RE so I don't really care tbh haha

luce
25-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I got 4A* 6A and B last year and this year got AAAA in AS 100% in two of those so GCSEs really aren't a tell tale sign of what you're going to get in later education so don't worry too much about them! I remember i was so nervous because it's like your first results.

Ajthedragon
25-08-2011, 09:26 AM
omg so proud of my grades.

Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Geography - A
Business - A
Resistant Materials - A
Maths - B
English - B
English Lit - B
Graphic Design - B
German - D (LOL)

:D:D:D:D

chantellehugs
25-08-2011, 09:30 AM
OMG YOU GOT AN A IN PHYSICS?! I'm betting I'll be lucky to get a C! Well done!

Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Geography - A
Business - A
Resistant Materials - A
Maths - B
English - B
English Lit - B
Graphic Design - B
German - D (LOL)

Judas
25-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Geography - A
Business - A
Resistant Materials - A
Maths - B
English - B
English Lit - B
Graphic Design - B
German - D (LOL)

Wow, well done!!

iBlueBox
25-08-2011, 10:01 AM
6C's 1B , 2D's , 1E.

AgnesIO
25-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks Chantelle! I'm sure you will do great :)

The A*s were all DiDa haha, the C was in Additional Science and the D was RE so I don't really care tbh haha

DiDa? Is that some form of ICT?

Well done though :)

1A, 5B's, 4C's :) Happy with those.

Subjects:

PE = A
Music = B
English Lit = B
English = B
Maths = B
Humanities = B
German = C
RM = C
Science = C
Ad. Science = C

Think that is what they were. Screwed up Music exam = after getting full marks in most of my coursework - although I knew the exam would go badly haha

dbgtz
25-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Mine were really mixed.
Maths - A
Additional maths - A
English lang - B
English lit - C (I don't understand how, but I couldn't care less)
French - E
Biology - C
Chemistry - C
Physics - B (I think I done really well in these considering I had to self teach all of the extension crap)
ICT core - Pass (submitted no coursework lol)
ICT DiDa - U as my teachers are ****e and I'll be kicking their ass I hope if I cba
Business - (4)A*
PE - F

so yeah.

Nuct
25-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Quite pleased with my grades, except for Business Studies. :)

ICT: A
ICT Core: Distinction (4 A*s)
English Lang: A
English Lit: B
General Studies: B
Media Studies: A
Maths: A
German: B
Spanish: B
Business: C
Science: AA

Jordan
25-08-2011, 10:32 AM
so these are going towards my final gcse next year or whatever and i got:

Geography -A*
Maths Unit 1 - D (retaking)
Biology - B (retaking)
Chemisty - C (retaking)
History - C
Citizenship - E (woops)
English - C

Happy with the rest though and geog!! I'm trying to get A's in the two sciences.

Bailey
25-08-2011, 10:36 AM
A* - eng lang
A - eng lit
A - biol
A - chem
A - physics
A - maths
B - french
B - history
B - ethics
B - ICT
C - food

really happy with mine, was 2 marks off an A in French and History but oh well, B isn't too bad :)

Fez
25-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Science - A
Additional Science - A
Religious Studies - A
Level2 Project - A
OCR Nationals ICT - Dist/A
History - A*
English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
IT Diploma - B(6)
Maths - B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Judas
25-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I would quote everyone but I cba lol. Well done to all of you, hope you all got what you wanted ! :)

DiDa? Is that some form of ICT?

Well done though :)

1A, 5B's, 4C's :) Happy with those.

Subjects:

PE = A
Music = B
English Lit = B
English = B
Maths = B
Humanities = B
German = C
RM = C
Science = C
Ad. Science = C

Think that is what they were. Screwed up Music exam = after getting full marks in most of my coursework - although I knew the exam would go badly haha

Yeah it is, bloody hefty subject. So time consuming, glad all my efforts were worth it in the end though.

Well done on your results, I found the music exam really hard too.

Science - A
Additional Science - A
Religious Studies - A
Level2 Project - A
History - A*
English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
IT Diploma - B(6)
Maths - B

Woah :O Well done!

Suspective
25-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Science - A
Additional Science - A
Religious Studies - A
Level2 Project - A
History - A*
English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
IT Diploma - B(6)
Maths - B

Good results. :)

Well done everybody.

Inseriousity.
25-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Well done everyone! That same thing happened to me in my food tech exam. my only chance of a realistic A* and it was the hardest exam ive ever done :P

Mr-Trainor
25-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Well done everyone :D.

I got AAABCCCCD

A Maths
A English Language
A Additional Science
B Science
C English Literature
C Geography
C Business Studies
C Religious Education
D Engineering

Got what I needed :D.

Luke
25-08-2011, 10:56 AM
ICT - 4 Distinctions
Maths - A
English Language - B
Science - B
A. Science - B
History - B
Geography - B
aLaN - B

Hollie
25-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Some maths linear thing that we were made to take at foundation level :lllllll - C
English Literature - C
English Language - A
Maths Unit 2 - C
Biology Unit 1 - D lol
Physics Unit 2 (foundation) - C

Not too bad, still got next year so I'm quite happy with them but I'll probably resit my maths and biology

iJess
25-08-2011, 12:06 PM
OMG GOT B IN MY CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS WAHOOOOOOOOOO!

ben
25-08-2011, 12:20 PM
y gcses so hard plz

chantellehugs
25-08-2011, 12:38 PM
WOOOOOOO, got 8 A's and 7 B's! on around 3 subjects I got A's and A*'s on the final exams but the courseworks let me down, still rather pleased :)

Chris
25-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Congratulations everyone, I hope you all god what you wanted. :)

Amberr
25-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Well... i did a hell lot better than what i expected. I honestly thought i would get all D's/C's :L

English Literature - A (i actually screamed when i saw that, i thought i only had a C :L)
English Language - B
Maths - C (Got it in year 10, retook it in year 11 and i kind of freaked in the exam so i already knew i wouldn't get no better, would of loved a B but hey cant be good at everything).
Fine Art - A
Science - B
French - C (i know for some people they may be disappointed to only have a C but i am so god damm happy that i passed french, i got forced into taking the subject and was on an E/F last year so quite an improvement i must say ;)).
ICT - Distinction (4 gcse equivalent)
Performing Arts - Distinction* (4 gcse quivalent).

So yeah overall im happy :)

MizzBex
25-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm really happy with my results:

French: A*
English Language: B
English Lit: B
Maths: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Geography: A*
RS: A*
PE: A*
ICT: Distinction

:D:D:D:D:D wooo

Chippiewill
25-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Science A* (Physics,Biology,Chemistry: 100,88,86)
Maths GCSE A*
Additional Maths A (No A* possible)
English Lit C
English Language A
French C
Classical Civilisations B
Geography A
2D Design (Graphics) A

Most of those were IGCSEs (Except 2D and English, Additional Maths is an FSMQ) so I guess they're a bit harder? Pretty happy overall, disappointed by my English Lit but I didn't really like any of what we did in that anyway.

If people are going on to do A-Levels and what not I guess it would be good to say choices for those?:

Further Maths
Physics
Philosophy
2D Design

-Heart
25-08-2011, 03:41 PM
English Language - A*
English Literature - A
Drama - A
R.E - B
I.T (1st year) - B
I.T (2nd year) - C
Btec Sport - Pass (Diploma)
Maths - D
Science - D
Geography - E

Pretty pleased all in all, was what I expected and with everything I've gone through in the past 5 or so years I'm glad I've managed to get these results. Gave it my best, I'll probably re-take Maths though seeing as I've got nothing to lose in that aspect :P.

Jazz
25-08-2011, 04:09 PM
I cant believe my results, there not as good as many others but im so proud of them apart from my ICT and Spanish which for personal reasons I dropped.

English Lang - C (Predicted F)
English Lit - C (Predicted F)
Maths - C (Predicted E)
Stats - D (Predicted D/E)
Applied ICT - FF (Predicted C (oops))
Geography - D (Predicted E)
Applied Science - DD (Predicted GG due to not doing any coursework until the last 3 weeks when I caught up on everything)
Spanish - F (Predicted F)
Performing Arts - P (Predicted P)

Did anyone else do a preparation for working life exam? I did and got 2 but it was the most easy exam I have ever taken.. the paper of common sense and speeding dogs (dont ask :rolleyes:)

Glen Coco
25-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I love my results, was not expecting them at all and although they're not the best, they're alright and i'm proud :)
Maths - B
English - A
English Lit - B
Geography - B (I started off by doing foundation so half of this was done in the F Tier where you could only get a C at most, but after I got full marks in the first exam I got moved into H)
Health and Social - 2 A's
Biology - B
Physics - B
Chemistry - B
Media - B
and i passed the Alan tests :)
Happy girl at the moment, got £100 off of my parents and got my place in Sixth Form to do Psychology, Sociology, English Lit and Health and Social.

iRaaave.
25-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm getting mine through the mail, didn't go to results day lol.. just gotta wait a while now till they come through ;)

Glen Coco
25-08-2011, 05:18 PM
I love my results, was not expecting them at all and although they're not the best, they're alright and i'm proud :)
Maths - B
English - A
English Lit - B
Geography - B (I started off by doing foundation so half of this was done in the F Tier where you could only get a C at most, but after I got full marks in the first exam I got moved into H)
Health and Social - 2 A's
Biology - B
Physics - B
Chemistry - B
Media - B
and i passed the Alan tests :)
Happy girl at the moment, got £100 off of my parents and got my place in Sixth Form to do Psychology, Sociology, English Lit and Health and Social.

Homosexual
26-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Citizenship Studies - A
English - B
English Lit - B
Maths - B
Science - B
Media Studies - B
Sociology - C
Psychology - C
BTEC Law - Pass (equiv. to a C)
Graphics - F
Philosophy and Ethics - F

So, I failed two subjects. But I walked away with a healthy 9 GCSEs.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!