PDA

View Full Version : Rock, Paper, Scissors

kasi
20-08-2005, 05:36 PM
ever wondered where it came from? I got this from a site i cant remember and im assuming its true :l

How did the game "rock, paper, scissors" originate? From Yoonme of Seoul, South Korea.
Dear Yoonme: This quintessential question reminds us of another we recently answered involving dibs (as in "who's got 'em"). Indeed, it seems whenever dibs are up for grabs, a game of rock, paper, scissors (or Rochambeau) is used to end the debate. After arguing among ourselves over whose turn it was to actually write today's column, we got into a groove and tracked down the answer. According to Wikipedia, the game has its origins in China. It was popular among warlords (!) during the Han Dynasty. It's not exactly clear whether it was used to idly pass the time, to make cavalier decisions, or as something more akin to gambling.

Another source offers an extensive (and somewhat convoluted) history of a Japanese game called "jan ken pon." It's believed this game (basically "rock, paper, scissors") evolved from another Japanese game called "honken," which involved two players simultaneously extending zero to five fingers. With both hands hidden, each person would then guess the total number of fingers. Whoever guessed correctly won.

Regardless of how the modern game came to be, there are now different versions of rock, paper, scissors all over the world. Additionally, plenty of sites teach determined players how to win. Sheesh, you didn't think it was all blind luck, did you?

Eamonn
20-08-2005, 05:38 PM
water balloon ! water balloon beats all

kasi
20-08-2005, 05:39 PM
water balloon ! water balloon beats all
lol dynamite pwns all

Eamonn
20-08-2005, 05:45 PM
yea but water balloon puts out dynamite so water balloon owns <3

kasi
20-08-2005, 05:50 PM
yea but water balloon puts out dynamite so water balloon owns <3
dynamite blows up water balloon
water balloon cant break a rock or scissors

Eamonn
20-08-2005, 05:51 PM
water balloon can make the scissors rust and the water and break down the rock

CHHosting
20-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Tsunami owns all? it can stop anything? :/

Dunno if there is one but ;D

Bef
20-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Acid owns all... Muaahahaha... It melts the dynamite, cant be destroyed in a tsunami, melts the rock and paper, and um... makes the water turn to acid and plus if i poured it all over your hand then u wouldnt have any hand left to carry on playing.

Owen
20-08-2005, 06:19 PM
farts own all
face it

kasi
20-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Acid owns all... Muaahahaha... It melts the dynamite, cant be destroyed in a tsunami, melts the rock and paper, and um... makes the water turn to acid and plus if i poured it all over your hand then u wouldnt have any hand left to carry on playing.
lol very random

0verRide
20-08-2005, 06:22 PM
farts own all
face it

agreed :8

Owen
20-08-2005, 06:24 PM
agreed :8

they can blow away everything and kill everything with its nasty fast spreading smell.

kasi
20-08-2005, 06:26 PM
farts own all
face it
ew

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!