PDA

View Full Version : My Review - Rate the review please :)

Magnet
20-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Since February 2005, I have been eger to buy this game. It has had many different changes to it's release date. Especially with Gamestation (www.gamestation.co.uk) (http://www.gamestation.co.uk)/). I preordered, from the screenshots, reviews and videos I thought one thing "GTA - Grand Theft Alien".

I finally got it on the European release date of 24th June 2005. I smiled and smiled. I couldn't believe it. I had got a game I had wanted. During the weekend I first bought it, my friend was staying at my house for a few days. We completed it within the first few days of geting it. So anyway, I'll get to it's main Aspects:

Graphics, what can I say. Not too good, not too bad. It's average, but it does have very good FX. I love the jetpack you get. The flames that come of that are very good graphics.

Gameplay, is great. Using both Anaolgue sticks, left to move around, right to move camera and what your aiming at. In your UFO, you use the same moving system. The UFO is fun to fly around demolishing everything in sight, and lifting up people with the "Abducto Beam".

Sound, is.. Well. Amazing! I really love the music and stuff you hear. And the sound FX where great. The voice acting is great, Crypto (The main role) has a great voice, and the actor did it really well. As for the music, not very satisfactory in-game.

The story is ok. You are Cryptosporidium 137 (Nicknamed Crypto). The reason why their is a 137 is because your the 137th clone of Cryptosporidium. When one dies, a new one is created. So if you died in the game, you would become Cryptosporidium 138 etc. So anyway, you come down as Crypto. An alien. Because Cryptosporidium 136 has been captured by a bunch of "Monkeys (Us humans)", 137 goes down in search for him. Aswell as this, you need to find DNA to keep the Furon emprie alive (Type of Alien they are). As the furons can't reproduce, they ened DNA. Years ago they put their DNA is our brain stems, incase, and now they need it. So you do missions etc. and collect DNA.

OVERALL, it is a great game. A bit short (and by short, I mean SHORT). But it is recommended to you fellow gamers, if your hardcore gamers.

Presentation
Quite nice, large and vast areas to explore, but your limited to where you go.

Graphics
It's not great, but's it's not ****. Average. But the FX are great!

Sound
Sound is.. What can I say? Brilliant. I love the voice acting, the sound FX and everything.

Gameplay
Very good gameplay. But I have a hinch somewhere that it could of been better. If only you didn't have to use both analogue sticks!

Lasting Appeal
It won't last too long. Unless you want to get 100%, but that would be very boring. A few weeks to have fun, and a few days to complete it will do us all.

OVERALL: 7.5

Like it? Rate out of 10/10 and how i could improve next time. Link HERE! (http://rr.xbox.ign.com/rr/681174/030/030437.html)

Jase
20-08-2005, 06:11 PM
very detailed review 8/10! but next time try and put the game title somewhere :P

Biseinen
20-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Yup, lol.

7/10, a few spelling mistake, apart from that, very insightful. ^^

Magnet
20-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh whoops.. I thought it was their :S

It's Destroy All Humans!

And yes, next time I will fully check around my review. For spelling mistakes and grammer, before posting it on IGN and here.

QuackMe
20-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh whoops.. I thought it was their :S

It's Destroy All Humans!

And yes, next time I will fully check around my review. For spelling mistakes and grammer, before posting it on IGN and here.

I Was gonna say lol GTA Lol yep Destroy All Humans Is quite good but a bit hard sometimes...

Magnet
20-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I Was gonna say lol GTA Lol yep Destroy All Humans Is quite good but a bit hard sometimes...
QuackMe, did you read it all?

In your UFO, you use the same moving system. The UFO is fun to fly around demolishing everything in sight, and lifting up people with the "Abducto Beam".
I guess.. This doesn't happen in GTA :P

Yes, it can get hard, I completed it within a weekend. As it says :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!