PDA

View Full Version : Which do you think is better? Sims (1) The Sims 2 or The Sims 3 ? (On PC).

MKR&*42
11-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey all,

I've had this debate with many other people, and we always can't decide..what is better - The Sims (1) , The Sims 2 or The Sims 3. (Excluding expansion packs).

I think that although The Sims (1), is very "retro" and has quite a few features (To use on other Sims) - the image quality is awful. The furniture available to buy are "downgraded" by the image quality - but the wide range and theme of furniture there is, "makes up" for this.

Although there is some features (To use on other Sims) - there is definitely not a wide range as in the future Sims games. However these futures do create "The foundation" for the new features to come in the Sims 2.

Finally, the music / sound effects - I have to say, the music has almost "grow on me" - at first it sounds a bit boring, old-fashioned...but once you get used to it , it's not that bad. The sound effects...not very good quality (same as images) but it's still fun to listen to "Sim language".

If I had to rate The Sims (1) ... 7/10

The Sims 2, I love. The image quality is so much better - along with the sound effects (and I've forgotten if it had music).

The furniture range on The Sims 2 - is definitely bigger, better and there is more themes - so when decorating a house, you're always "stuck" on what to choose. The building materials, are also , fantastic. There's different flooring and wallpapers - and the entire range is bigger. I also LOVE how you can change the "colour/style" of the grass - you can have it with leaves, almost "shriveled up" or a simple suburban style.

The features, you can use on other Sims, are simply - fantastic. I mean..there's almost 10 different ways of kissing a Sim now, you can ask other Sims to move in / stay the night and the range of meals you can cook - is so much better.

Overall The Sims 2 is a vast improvement to The Sims (1) - generally because there is a wider range of "stuff" to do - but also because the overall quality of the game has increased vastly.

If I had to rate The Sims 2 .... I would rate it 9/10

The Sims 3 - Although the range of features has increased, I think it's now "Over the top".

Yes, the Image quality and Sound quality has , yet again, got a lot better - it's ruined the fact - that anyone can play The Sims - on most Laptops/Computers, The Sims (1) and The Sims 2 , can easily be installed, played without the game running slowly - The Sims 3 lets us down on this - Some computers/laptops don't have the right "technology" to "handle" The Sims 3 - it'll often run slow and freeze.

The furniture range however, has definitely increased in size - and new, improved better quality furniture has been "added" into the "catalogue". The image quality along with the sound quality is also a lot better - and definitely "clearer".

The main thing that "let The Sims 3 down" - was the fact that the game is now simply, too complex - you have to control, literally every aspect of their life (I know that's the aim of the game). But it's simply too much to control now - considering, e.g. 9 year olds could have played The Sims 2 - they're going to struggle playing The Sims 3 (I don't know the age rating for it).

Overall - Yes the quality of the game has increased, along with the features available to use - the game is now too complex, and confusing.

If I had to rate it... 7/10

So that's what I think of The Sims (1), The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 - what do you guys think? :3

lawrawrrr
11-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm addicted to sims 3, I love that there's tons of furni, got everything you need for the perfect house! Only thing missing is pets, I have all the expansion packs, but the pets one is being released later this year (yay).

Have NEVER played sims 1, and not enough of sims 2 to make a proper judgement.

=Lizzy
11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm addicted to sims 3, I love that there's tons of furni, got everything you need for the perfect house! Only thing missing is pets, I have all the expansion packs, but the pets one is being released later this year (yay).

Have NEVER played sims 1, and not enough of sims 2 to make a proper judgement.

This.
sims 3 is really cool and i used to play it like twice a week but now I don't but its still a really good game and the best sims game imo.

lawrawrrr
11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
This.
sims 3 is really cool and i used to play it like twice a week but now I don't but its still a really good game and the best sims game imo.

how fast was that reply! addict... I PLAY IT EVERY DAY not even kidding it's all i do these days, it's always open on my laptop :'(

=Lizzy
11-08-2011, 10:43 AM
how fast was that reply! addict... I PLAY IT EVERY DAY not even kidding it's all i do these days, it's always open on my laptop :'(

LOL it was on new posts :(

I have tried SIMS 1 and SIMS 2 but I feel that Sims 3 is better. I don't even play the game properly I just get the cheats. Which is bad but its funny to see what you are able to do when you have the cheats there

Orchids
11-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Sims1: I don't really remember it, but there wasn't really a lot of choices when you were creating the sims.... & the quality was kinda bad.
Sims2: better quality, tons of expansion packs :D my favs are the seasons, especially when it's snowing and a penguin just comes by, and u someimes get a snow day. But the tiny part that I didn't like is that you couldn't place doors on diagonal Walls (unless you use cheats I think) oooh I also like how there was so many cc to download, but I got a lot an my computer was slowling down.
Sims3: I like making houses xD I like how you can go anywhere else than your lot. Err, I like how they have the same tune when you go to build/buy mode as before. Oooh and that u can get canes for elders for generations, andddd you can customize the aging.

Oh and I like the sims 3 better :D
hmmm rnt they going to makes sims 4 in 2014 or no? Heard it from my friend.

orientalframe?
11-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Sims 1; I don't remember it much, as you said the quality was rather bad but at the time you wouldn't think this, just a comparison with the other versions.
Sims 2; Quite a few expansion packs, quality is tons better (obviously), and sometimes I get quite addicted to it.
Sims 3; I haven't had the chance to buy it yet, since my laptop doesn't have the requirements. But I think it just ruins the idea of having the game on most other consoles now.

MKR&*42
11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Maxis said they wouldn't make a Sims 4 - they said The Sims 3 would be the last in the series - but it's also been said, that they've already starting making The Sims 4 - Last year in fact - but it would take a few years, until it became ready for sale.

I don't know if Maxis really do mean, "no more Sims" - because with all the money they make from sales, I don't think they would just stop making it.

So, No-one really knows if there will be more Sims in the future.

FlyingJesus
11-08-2011, 11:37 AM
3 is the best and rightly so - they've been improving each time as new releases are supposed to. I certainly challenge the idea that it's too difficult as I started a game with 3 people in the house (only 2 able to work) and got carried away with building the initial house so was down to literally ยง3 at one point yet never really worried and now own every single business in the town. On a different save I cheated a bit (although not technically) by getting a romantic relationship with the richest person, moving into their house and then kicking them out which was certainly amusing

Stephen
11-08-2011, 11:40 AM
MOTHERLOAD THAT *****

I like 3, I installed it again but havent played it yet hmm

CrazyLemurs
11-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Sims 3 is just a bit much in my opinion. Sims 1 was a bit too basic but was still good.
Sims 2 is right in the middle and I love it the most, and it DOESN'T crash my computer (Sims 3 is so graphic).

Sims 1: 7.3/10
Sims 2: 8.9/10
Sims 3: 8.4/10

-Charityy
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Sims 3 is the best! I love it!
Too bad my game is currently messed up... :( I had like 7 generations of one family going on :P

Pazza
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Sims 3 definitely, thank god i have a good enough computer for it haha xD

and sims 1 makin' magic is the best expansion back out of every sims by far

Chris
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Sims 3 definitely. It has so many more cool features that previous games didn't have!

dbgtz
11-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Sims 1 was the really fun tbh, but when the sims 2 came it brought lots of new things and I loved the main expansion packs on those, nothing that was too crap really. The sims 3, to be quite honest, did not amaze me at all. I mean when they were saying you could go around town, I thought it would be really free but it isn't, you can't even go in half of the buildings. So, 2>1>3. I also dislike a lot of the expansion concepts.

Ceilidh.
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I love them all :P I haven't played Sims 1 for about 5 years though. Overall I prefer the Sims 3. They've improved each time :) I've noticed if I play Sims 3 on windowed mode everything is a lot quicker :)

It would be quite a stupid idea to stop making The Sims games in my opinion :/ Sims 4 would easily be able to sell.

Matthew
12-08-2011, 08:29 AM
I've only ever played sims 3 so I'll have to say that :P

I really like sims 3 :)

David
12-08-2011, 11:31 AM
The Sims 2 all the way, for ps2!

I play sims 3 when I'm bored, I spawn babies then move house and abandon them, good times :P

Zak
12-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I like the original version of the sims as I used to play it a lot as a child :)

the.games
14-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I'd have to say sims 3. I'm not a addict, honest!

Emmz
14-08-2011, 09:54 PM
i think i remember playing sims 1 and i would say i enjoyed it, yes now they have brang so much more out, but with the new stuff they bring out, also comes with a big memory size. Im not sure on the size of the sims 1 comapred too sims 2 but i would imagine it is quite alot more?

GommeInc
14-08-2011, 10:05 PM
The Sims 2. Electronic Arts have completely destroyed The Sims franchise with The Sims 3 - the lack of sandbox play, the lack of things to do, and the increase in "roleplay" gaming is incredibly annoying. Why they've made restaurants and shops into objects is beyond me. It's a step backwards, a step behind The Sims :/

FlyingJesus
14-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Do agree that the changes to shopping on it completely suck, although I like being able to buy the shops and stuff because I rename them to things that I find hilarious and get riccchhhh

spamafner
14-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Personally I like the Sims 1 better, it was more original at the time when it came out. Sims 2 is still good but they have all the fears and wants which i didn't really bother with.

But i did like the ps2 games better than the PC games and i liked the fact that in the ps2 games you had tasks to complete and different houses/cars/characters and furniture which you had to unlock. I found that sims 1 became a bit boring and could sometimes could very repetitive with daily routines. I did like the expansion packs though such as the vacation one, i found that fun :D

GommeInc
14-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Do agree that the changes to shopping on it completely suck, although I like being able to buy the shops and stuff because I rename them to things that I find hilarious and get riccchhhh
Ah, can you rename the buildings now? Last time I played around with it you can only rename the lot - the building still comes up in the top left as the default name, so you can have them work in amusing places like the Crack House :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!