PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] My Second Throne Set

Lew
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
These were done at the same time as my first set, which is over a year ago now. So once again, dont expect shading. Just put them all into one file.

http://i56.tinypic.com/ojgodv.png

Chris
11-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Not as good as the others, I really don't like the black parts on these ones. Blue and white are the best imo.

Thomas
11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
you should really try shading just 1 throne.

j0rd
11-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I preferred the others with the white frame, I like the colours you have used though Lew!

RyRy
11-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Shading really isn't that hard, get like Paint.NET and judge what colours go with your colours, like it's depressingly simple.

Lew
11-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Shading really isn't that hard, get like Paint.NET and judge what colours go with your colours, like it's depressingly simple.
Whats the difference between Paint and Paint.net

I preferred the others with the white frame, I like the colours you have used though Lew!
Thanks, just thought id try some different colours when I made them

you should really try shading just 1 throne.
I will probably try sooner or later

Not as good as the others, I really don't like the black parts on these ones. Blue and white are the best imo.
Thanks, only just made the white lol, others were made ages ago

RyRy
11-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Paint.NET is a more advanced version of Paint. It near enough looks the same, just has a ton of features which are pretty handy. You'll notice the difference in your art with what's on offer with that.

Kyran
11-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah I'd like to see what it'd look like if you tried shading. :)

Lew
12-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Due to popular demand im going to attempt to shade a throne, you'll be hearing from me sooner or later.

dbgtz
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
These were done at the same time as my first set, which is over a year ago now. So once again, dont expect shading. Just put them all into one file.

http://i56.tinypic.com/ojgodv.png

You made these over a year ago? No offense but I don't really buy that. And I also do not see why a whole thread had to be created for these considering you made them at the same time so surely you could have just posted at the same time, not 2 hours later. They have the exact same problems as those in the other thread so why could you not have improved upon those.

Due to popular demand im going to attempt to shade a throne, you'll be hearing from me sooner or later.

Hardly demand, it's called you getting off your arse and do something you know you were avoiding and therefore you clearly did not try that hard. I mean, something which is horrific with bad angling and awful shading is better then this in my eyes as they at least tried. I mean all you have to do if you have trouble getting colours right is take 4 or so colours from a different graphic and then replace them into this in the right order of darkness and if you don't have problems editing the colours then I don't see what the problem was to begin with.

davecool656
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
they look cool

Nick
12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Take a picture of a normal throne somewhere and then edit it in paint.net, photoshop , gimp w.e and zoom in (obv) say your using blue when its a light colour choose a light blue and when it comes to a darker shade choose a darker blue

Thats what i normally did

Sharon
12-08-2011, 03:33 PM
You made these over a year ago? No offense but I don't really buy that. And I also do not see why a whole thread had to be created for these considering you made them at the same time so surely you could have just posted at the same time, not 2 hours later. They have the exact same problems as those in the other thread so why could you not have improved upon those.

Hardly demand, it's called you getting off your arse and do something you know you were avoiding and therefore you clearly did not try that hard. I mean, something which is horrific with bad angling and awful shading is better then this in my eyes as they at least tried. I mean all you have to do if you have trouble getting colours right is take 4 or so colours from a different graphic and then replace them into this in the right order of darkness and if you don't have problems editing the colours then I don't see what the problem was to begin with.

your such a graphics troll teheheh cute

er simple attempt... looks really sloppy and lazy.

geo
12-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Hate these ones. (A)
They look so boring. Try to shade.

Lew
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Thanks for your continued support - it inspires me to do more :l
Also, im not asking you to buy that I made these over a year ago, because its the truth.

Edit: These were actually done OVER TWO years ago.
You want some proof? Take it.
http://i55.tinypic.com/hwa3qd.png

dbgtz
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks for your continued support - it inspires me to do more :l
Also, im not asking you to buy that I made these over a year ago, because its the truth.

Edit: These were actually done OVER TWO years ago.
You want some proof? Take it.
http://i55.tinypic.com/hwa3qd.png

You said you weren't doing anymore before anyway so why not air my views. I'm not even saying don't continue, I'm saying don't take shortcuts avoiding something you know is wrong. Fair enough in when you made it, but then why post it 2 years later with faults you know are there.

Lew
12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
You said you weren't doing anymore before anyway so why not air my views. I'm not even saying don't continue, I'm saying don't take shortcuts avoiding something you know is wrong. Fair enough in when you made it, but then why post it 2 years later with faults you know are there.

Because as I said, its my first job and I wanted to keep them as they are, I know their not great. But im proud of them.
And just for you, i'll be posting up a throne I just recoloured which I attempted shading

=Lizzy
12-08-2011, 06:09 PM
I like them they are very good x

Lew
12-08-2011, 06:43 PM
I think my first set were better than these, but oh well..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!