PDA

View Full Version : Skype Help

Shibby-Shabs
12-08-2011, 02:18 PM
It appears my skype is pissing me off and I would really appreciate your help. When I get any calls and I press the "Answer" or "Answer with webcam" button it doesn't do anything, it just like returns nothing - If I select "Join Call" it takes me to the darkened screen then fades back to the chat screen.

Any ideas - I've closed, reopened, restarted, gone to %appdata%\skype and deleted a heap of files but still nothing - I might reinstall later but is there any known solution.

Before this started happening I changed my microphone settings in Control Panel but I don't know what I had them as before :P

beth
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM
i used to have this on my old pc. it might be yr pc spec? cause i had a really bad spec and it just can't deal with skype.

Shibby-Shabs
12-08-2011, 02:30 PM
It worked previously.

peteyt
12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Make sure you have the latest version. I'm sure there will be something on Skype to reset settings to default to. Maybe try and do the same with Windows.

The friends your trying to communicate with - ask them for their settings. As you say you changed something in control panel - if you have a similar set up to them you could simply change it to whatever they have it on.

Lew
12-08-2011, 11:06 PM
just reinstall.. takes like 20 seconds

Shibby-Shabs
13-08-2011, 01:19 AM
I'll try and reinstall it later, I got my microphone back but as publicised said skype said my computer was too slow.. which considering I'm used it before is odd.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!