PDA

View Full Version : Orange broadband customer support about as useful as burnt toast.

Oleh
12-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Back in April orange emailed me saying they were making amendments to my internet (I reckon it was all 20mb customers) and put me "temporarily" on 8mb till they switch everybody over to the new dedicated 20mb line. We phoned up after the allotted 10 day leeway period in which they reply it'll be fixed by the 31st of July. We ring up on the 31st and they say it should be fixed within 5 working days. We phone the next weekend and they say it should be fixed within 72 hours.

Its been a week...

Any ideas what the hell they are messing about at?

I'd love to pack up and move to virgin but that's not an option at the moment.

peteyt
12-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Back in April orange emailed me saying they were making amendments to my internet (I reckon it was all 20mb customers) and put me "temporarily" on 8mb till they switch everybody over to the new dedicated 20mb line. We phoned up after the allotted 10 day leeway period in which they reply it'll be fixed by the 31st of July. We ring up on the 31st and they say it should be fixed within 5 working days. We phone the next weekend and they say it should be fixed within 72 hours.

Its been a week...

Any ideas what the hell they are messing about at?

I'd love to pack up and move to virgin but that's not an option at the moment.

Sadly from what I've heard a lot of ISP's have bad customer support especially Virgin from reviews. I'm with o2 and only had to ring them once as I needed to get the outgoing server relay thing and they gave me it just like that. Never had any reason to have to ring them apart from that.

The one thing that did surprise me when I did ring o2 was they where English. I used to be with Tiscali and getting an answer could take ages.

Jack!
13-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Sadly from what I've heard a lot of ISP's have bad customer support especially Virgin from reviews. I'm with o2 and only had to ring them once as I needed to get the outgoing server relay thing and they gave me it just like that. Never had any reason to have to ring them apart from that.

The one thing that did surprise me when I did ring o2 was they where English. I used to be with Tiscali and getting an answer could take ages.

Whenever I've needed to phone Virgin they have been very helpful, english, and helped me sort any problem.

lawrawrrr
13-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Orange any type of customer support is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The only thing that's ever worked in the past for us is actually writing LETTERS and chasing them up. As soon as our broadband contract thing is up, we're moving too. The connection is sucky anyway. So yeah, write a letter, and chase it up. The only way we've seen results!

Casanova
13-08-2011, 06:17 PM
if i remember reading right they're having some problems with their home broadband outsourcing? I dunno... I'm sure they're just being like any other provider and guessing an ETA?

When you call next time just hit them with they're not sticking to their contractual agreement and mis-leading you is actually against their obligations... technically it's true x]!

the.games
14-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I've yet to find a help desk that actually 'helps'.
If you do find one, please tell me

Recursion
20-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Orange Broadband was fantastic when it was in house, but when they outsourced it, it fell down the crapper, word on the street is they know how crap it is and are bringing it back in house soon.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!