PDA

View Full Version : GOP/Republican debate for 2012 Presidential Elections kicks off

-:Undertaker:-
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025136/Republican-debate-GOP-rivals-attack-Obama-presidential-campaign.html
Mr President, you're history! GOP rivals unite in personal attacks on Obama as they kick-start race to take him on in 2012 election

Michele Bachmann tells President Obama: You're finished
Tim Pawlenty slams her for having little experience
Mitt Romney defends similarities between his health policy and Obamacare
Ron Paul goes left-field: I understand why Iran wants nuclear power
Newt Gingrich says he wants to campaign on ideas not big budgets

Herman Cain: America needs to learn how to take a joke

Rick Santorum: Cut corporate tax for manufacturing to zero

Jon Huntsman: We have a cancer growing in this country called debt
Fox News 'debate winner' poll puts Ron Paul way ahead on 45 per cent

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/12/article-2025136-0D660A7800000578-532_634x429.jpg
Rick Perry and Sarah Palin have not yet taken part in the debate

The battle for the Republican presidential nomination exploded into life last night as the eight confirmed contenders united in launching scathing attacks on Barack Obama in a fiery TV debate. Michelle Bachmann told the President he was 'history' and will be a one-term leader, as contenders laid into him for his Obamacare health reforms and handling of the debt crisis and plunging economy. But with Rick Perry no doubt watching and ready to announce his entry into the race at the weekend, the eight candidates exchanged blows over federal spending, foreign policy and gay marriage.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/12/article-2025136-0D66040B00000578-530_634x367.jpg

The smiles before the storm: U.S. Republican presidential candidates (from left to right), Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty, breezily chat before engaging in a lively debate

A Fox News poll suggested today Ron Paul had come out on top at 45 per cent - with Newt Gingrich (19 per cent) and Mitt Romney (12 per cent) behind. All other candidates were polling single figures. The two Minnesota hopefuls led the slugfest. Former Governor Tim Pawlenty, seeking to boost his flagging campaign, dismissed Mrs Bachmann's record of Congress accomplishments as 'nonexistent'. 'That's not going to be good enough for our candidate for president of the United States,' he said.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/12/article-2025136-0D66044000000578-813_634x409.jpg
Herman Cain arrives for the debate

'The American people are going to expect more and demand more. And in fact we need somebody who can contrast with Barack Obama on results.' Bachmann fired back that Mr Pawlenty's actions as governor, including his support for legislation to curb emissions and the individual mandate in health care, 'sounds a lot like President Obama.' 'During my time in U.S Congress, I have fought all of these unconstitutional measures,' she said. Mr Pawlenty replied that Mrs Bachmann has a record of misquoting and making false statements.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/12/article-2025136-0D66044400000578-463_634x403.jpg
Ron Paul arrives for the debate

Ron Paul, meanwhile, took the debate a different direction, saying he could understand why Iran wanted to build nuclear weapons and encouraged a policy of respect towards the country. The libertarian said the U.S. should learn to 'mind our own business' and stay out of the internal affairs of other governments, such as Iraq, Afghanistan and Cuba. 'It’s trillions of dollars we are spending on these wars,' he said, earning applause from the audience.

FOX news poll puts Paul on top

Ron Paul - 44.9 per cent
Newt Gingrich - 18.5 per cent
Mitt Romney - 12.2 per cent
Michele Bachmann - 9.5 per cent
Herman Cain - 8.8 per cent
Rick Santorum - 3.0 per cent
Tim Pawlenty - 1.8 per cent
Jon Huntsman - 1.3 per cent

I can honestly say that regardless of views or not, the guy you want is Ron Paul in 2012. If you look at his voting record (and even rivals will agree here) you'll find that he never votes against the Consitution with added bonuses that he's never voted to raise spending or taxes, he's never voted for unconsitutional wars and the guy has always had principle and not allowed himself to be bullied even when people laughed at him a few years back calling him crazy etc.

If one of the others (Mitt Romney for example) wins, I just think whats the point. Afterall, what has Obama done thats different to George W. Bush? they all stand for more military adventures, more military spending, more social spending and its left the U.S. bankrupt with debts of £14tn+. The United States at the moment stands at a crossroads and I hope for their sake and ours that it chooses the right path. I'll put the video up if anyones interested anyway with Ron Pauls' parts (the rest are more or less the same with tittle tattle, but you can find that on youtube if you want to watch - they're always very dramatic and funny to watch even if you don't agree with whats being said! :P);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMsecpsDnA

Thoughts on the 2012 race anyway? Obama or Clinton for 2012? Paul or Romney for 2012?

Fez
13-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Supporting Ron Paul 100% of the way. The US Debt crisis won't be fixed by a powerless Obama at the mercy of the silly GOP, only one candidate is soundly 'separate' from the Republicans and he's the only chance America has of not becoming a third-world country in a few years.

Catzsy
13-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Fox news is owned by Murdoch isn't it? LOL

13-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Fox news is owned by Murdoch isn't it? LOL

Mhm? whats that in reference to?

Paul coming tops in a poll? Fox News and the MSM hate Ron Paul (will provide evidence for this upon request).

GOP debate? all networks air them. :)

Catzsy
13-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Mhm? whats that in reference to?

Paul coming tops in a poll? Fox News and the MSM hate Ron Paul (will provide evidence for this upon request).

GOP debate? all networks air them. :)

Oh okay. Well I was thinking if Murdoch backed him - he will probably would not be doing him a favour these days. I will wager £100 right now though that Ron Paul will not make it to the White House.

13-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Oh okay. Well I was thinking if Murdoch backed him - he will probably would not be doing him a favour these days. I will wager £100 right now though that Ron Paul will not make it to the White House.

Oh no, the Murdoch press only backs warmongers (http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2011/07/why-does-rupert-want-war.html) (Antony Blair, George W Bush, David Cameron etc) so in a race between Paul and Obama he'd back Obama hands down. As for Paul's chances against Obama, he pulls in liberals with his social and foreign policy - polls have shown he has best chance against Obama in 2012 than any other GOP candidate. In a televised debate between the two, Paul would wipe the floor with Obama. Its all about whether he can sideline the Neo-con base in the Republican Party like Reagan managed.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see - one things for sure, American damn well needs him don't you think?

Catzsy
13-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Oh no, the Murdoch press only backs warmongers (http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2011/07/why-does-rupert-want-war.html) (Antony Blair, George W Bush, David Cameron etc) so in a race between Paul and Obama he'd back Obama hands down. As for Paul's chances against Obama, he pulls in liberals with his social and foreign policy - polls have shown he has best chance against Obama in 2012 than any other GOP candidate. In a televised debate between the two, Paul would wipe the floor with Obama. Its all about whether he can sideline the Neo-con base in the Republican Party like Reagan managed.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see - one things for sure, American damn well needs him don't you think?

No Dan, Murdoch backs who he thinks will do him good at the time. Thatcher isn't on your list. :P Don't know enough about him to make a comment yet only to say the favourites at the beginning usually disappear from the radar before any serious campaigning starts. Also there is a very long way and time to go.

13-08-2011, 05:37 PM
No Dan, Murdoch backs who he thinks will do him good at the time. Thatcher isn't on your list. :P Don't know enough about him to make a comment yet only to say the favourites at the beginning usually disappear from the radar before any serious campaigning starts. Also there is a very long way and time to go.

Oh yes thats a part of it aswell for sure in how Murdoch operates, but he's certainly no friend of the values of Ron Paul.

Catzsy
13-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Oh yes thats a part of it aswell for sure in how Murdoch operates, but he's certainly no friend of the values of Ron Paul.

It will be an interesting campaign in any event.

GommeInc
13-08-2011, 06:56 PM
It would be interesting to see how this concludes. So far I've heard very little about these debates. As for Murdoch, he'll back whoever is the opposite of Obama and ahead of independent polls, if The Sun and any other media outlet he owns is anything to go by. Not that we should care, the old leather skinned coat is a laughing stock and should be taken out back like ol' yella.

17-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Results of the Ames Straw Poll, Iowa.

1. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann - 4,823 votes (28.55%)
2. Congressman Ron Paul - 4,671 (27.65%)
3. Governor Tim Pawlenty - 2293 (13.57%)
4. Senator Rick Santorum - 1657 (9.81%)
5. Herman Cain - 1456 (8.62%)
6. Governor Rick Perry - 718 (3.62%) write-in
7. Governor Mitt Romney - 567 (3.36%)
8. Speaker Newt Gingrich - 385 (2.28%)
9. Governor Jon Huntsman - 69 (0.41%)
10. Congressman Thad McCotter - 35 (0.21%)

@Rosie, Jon Stewart did a piece on how the media is ignoring Ron Paul despite him finishing second, here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EY5Ofcxjs0

Fez
17-08-2011, 03:58 PM

@Rosie, Jon Stewart did a piece on how the media is ignoring Ron Paul despite him finishing second, here;

Bachman is a joke anyway. I'm glad someone like Jon Stewart is in the mix, he carries a good chunk of audience with him.

alexxxxx
17-08-2011, 05:01 PM

I'm back with a snide comment - free market media working well there I guess! Quite funny you showing Jon Stewart when he is generally quite far away from your very strong ideological standpoint.

17-08-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm back with a snide comment - free market media working well there I guess! Quite funny you showing Jon Stewart when he is generally quite far away from your very strong ideological standpoint.

The American media isn't free market with the amount of regulation heaped upon it, and besides even if this were an example of free media what difference does the BBC and 'regulated' media make? in our party debates for example we only had three parties allowed access to the debate - Ireland and most other nations allow 5 or more party leaders on yet in this country we were denied this. Of course that's not to mention the snide bias in the British media but I must say that overall i'm in favour of bias - I'd like to remove all regulation from the media (including BBC subsidies) and let them say what they like and how they like rather than the pretence we have now.

I'm just making the point here that the establishment are against Ron Paul whereas Rosie initially hinted he was a part of the Murdoch Empire, which isn't true as proven here by the lovely Jon Stewart, who, like Bill Maher (also to the left) I respect because they'll at least give each side a fair say and play by the rules of politics fairly.

P.S. how's that Euro working out? :P

Wig44.
26-08-2011, 10:27 AM
I still can't believe Bachmann is a real candidate. She would ruin America more so than Obama, with her ridiculous beliefs and general lack of intelligence. I've never understood the public.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!