PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Foods

!!BeWise!!
13-08-2011, 06:02 AM
I'm going to Spain, Madrid on my summer holidays, starting from tomorrow!
Apart from looking around nice old places like Cibeles or La Sagrada Familia, and museums, obviously, I'm going to eat Spanish foods over there...I was wondering if anyone likes any Spanish foods, and if they do, what food would you recommend me eating over there? :)
It'd be a real help if you all gave me an advice!

Metric1
13-08-2011, 06:05 AM
KFC is quite good in other countries.

!!BeWise!!
13-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Ah I'll think about that, thanks :P

Matthew
13-08-2011, 08:29 AM
I normally just try a bit of everything really :P

Risotto is Spanish isn't it?
And fish, they're big on fish

@K
13-08-2011, 09:33 AM
I normally just try a bit of everything really :P

Risotto is Spanish isn't it?
And fish, they're big on fish

Italian is it not? Sure isn't Spanish. The KFC's I've had in Spain are terrible, but they were all in the south of Spain. Also, the pork over there is lovely, and the ham (I know they're are both pork, but I mean the pork joints), and if you like fish then paella is definitely for you, me personally, I hate fish lol. You always have you Maccy D's though lol. Spanish food as a whole is far superior in my opinion than other food. I should know, I lived there for long enough lol.

Also, try having bread with virgin oil when your over there, I LOVE it.

Robi
13-08-2011, 09:43 AM
In spain on most markets there is a big meat trade out there - they love pork out there, along with paella which is like rice, its tasty!

spamafner
13-08-2011, 09:49 AM
They have amazing paella over there! So YUMMM :D I recommend if you're a fan of sea food to definitely have a taste of it although you do get all sorts in it! Paha. The chicken paella is nice but normally it does get quite boring half way through and it can be a little bit bland :)

@K
13-08-2011, 09:53 AM
In spain on most markets there is a big meat trade out there - they love pork out there, along with paella which is like rice, its tasty!

Like rice? What? It IS rice. It consists of seafood or chicken, with rice, saffron and other spices.

Robi
13-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Like rice? What? It IS rice. It consists of seafood or chicken, with rice, saffron and other spices.

Thats what I meant, like rice but with added ingredients.

@K
13-08-2011, 10:15 AM
No, you mean it's just not boiled (plain) rice. Proper rice is yellow, I can't remember what they do, but they do something to change the grains white for boiled rice. So what you meant was, it is rice...

!!BeWise!!
13-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Ohh wow everyone thanks for the replies :) Really helped! Yum, reading all these specific posts about paella, pork, fish....making me drool!
I sure do love seafood! So I really can't wait to try and taste different kind of dishes!
I'll make sure to eat paellas and bread with virgin oil while I'm over there :)
I'll also make sure to look out for the big meat trade out in the city :D
Ty all so much for the replies!

Robi
13-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Ok well I don't know why your trying to say what I mean, because I know what I mean! :S Your confusing me. End of the day, Paella is amazing and I love it.

Matthew
13-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah you're right, it is Italian :P

Definitely give the seafood and paella a try :)
Italian is it not? Sure isn't Spanish. The KFC's I've had in Spain are terrible, but they were all in the south of Spain. Also, the pork over there is lovely, and the ham (I know they're are both pork, but I mean the pork joints), and if you like fish then paella is definitely for you, me personally, I hate fish lol. You always have you Maccy D's though lol. Spanish food as a whole is far superior in my opinion than other food. I should know, I lived there for long enough lol.

Also, try having bread with virgin oil when your over there, I LOVE it.

AgnesIO
13-08-2011, 09:29 PM
They have this sauce called "Ali Oli". It is a creamy, garlic stuff which you spread on bread :)

Also, find a tapas bar.

@K
13-08-2011, 10:18 PM
They have this sauce called "Ali Oli". It is a creamy, garlic stuff which you spread on bread :)

Also, find a tapas bar.

Alioli is a garlic butter, not really a sauce.

brandon
14-08-2011, 01:58 AM
Paella is nice. The way so many fellow Brits pronounce it does my head in though. Pet peeve.

AgnesIO
14-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Alioli is a garlic butter, not really a sauce.

Mayonnaise if we want to be technical about it, babe.

The version "Prima" sells is sold more like a sauce, although you are right in that generally it is more of a spread. We have some on our cupboard :L

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!